Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006215 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2016
Yes, everyone gets approval mail however, in some cases, applicants received the mail after the dispatch update. Some people didn't even receive the mail and when they picked up their package they saw that it was approved and got the mail after as seen in prt 7 or 8 of the thread. So let your friend pick up the package first. Even if he/she got delayed, they can always refire with the help of gurus in the house. Fear not.
Uptosomething:
Dear Team,
Any need for APPROVAL MAIL FOR those that applied via Paper route confirming their Visa was successful/approved..My friend did paper route and got this below(He did upfront medical)

. "your processed passport have been dispatched from C V O Acrra to CVAC on 22 june 2016. Contact VFS for more info.""" That's his status. Applied on 15th April, 2016"
REGARDS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2016
aishate:
Hello Lawmerchant please if i proceed to Canada to do two consecutive one year post graduate programs would i still be eligible for the three year PGWP?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ivyy(f): 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
kennynelcon:

OK, nice we have joined our African bros.
Thanks... double app on my mind.

Hi dear, please I need your vote and support in the thread below. It's the grand finale and you can o lyrics vote for one.

Just a minute of your time please.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Voting format : "I vote ivyy cc Nljega ''

Just copy and paste the voting format into the thread. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by haykayCheddah(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello guys in the house,please i need ur opinion,i misplaced the slip given to me by VSF after submission and i received a mail frm them that my processed passport have been dispatched from Canada visa office Acrra toCanada Visa Application Centre on the 20 june 2016.Pls what should i do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
wayaa007:

Fill your family information forms, fill the application for study permit made outside of canada form (IMM1294E), make sure you validate the form, it will have a barcode page at the end, make sure u print that page and the entire forms, make two photocopies of the barcode page, make a photocopy of the data page of your passport, make photocopies of any original document u wish to submit, vfs won't collect originals, take a passport photograph (CIC dimension), attach your statement of account, police clearance report (photocopy), two photocopies of admission letter and fees receipt (if available), carry your fee (37,530)...I think that's what you basically need. House over to you for fisi and jara

I thought we are to photocopy two copies of ALL our documents including bank statement
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Uptosomething(m): 1:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
TheBae:
Yes, everyone gets approval mail however, in some cases, applicants received the mail after the dispatch update. Some people didn't even receive the mail and when they picked up their package they saw that it was approved and got the mail after as seen in prt 7 or 8 of the thread. So let your friend pick up the package first. Even if he/she got delayed, they can always refire with the help of gurus in the house. Fear not.

Gracias
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
If you know someone in Canada that can help make the payment, you can talk to the person and you pay the equivalent in naira. That is the easiest way!!!

poppywasiu:
Pls i want to pay 150CAD for application fees to sch in canada, hw should i go about. it and the sch requested for international wire tranfer. I went to diamond bank and the guy told me money gram is not working anymore and credit card is not posible again. But i have US dollar domicilliary account with GT bank. actually the account is dormant. Pls somebody in the house should help me out. I went to GT bank they refuse to covert the naira to dollars, unless if i can bring dollar frm outside.and hw can i convert Us dollar to canada because my school requested for cad dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2016
Good day, good people, hope we are enjoying the weekend.

My payslip shows some deductions on my salary such as insurance, income tax, pension etc,these are dedicated from my monthly salary and I receive the balance, do I have to prove this with document? Because I wasn't given any document on this at work place, or isn't it like that for everybody and do you submit any document to prove this?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bimbophor: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2016
Thnks
CassetteBoy:

1) use your cousin. make sure all necessary documents are provided by him/her and it is stated there your relationship with him/her
2) still apply, schools still tolerate lateness to the tune of probably 2/3wks
3) try paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2016
princeade09:
Good day, good people, hope we are enjoying the weekend.

My payslip shows some deductions on my salary such as insurance, income tax, pension etc,these are dedicated from my monthly salary and I receive the balance, do I have to prove this with document? Because I wasn't given any document on this at work place, or isn't it like that for everybody and do you submit any document to prove this?
This is normal deduction that must appear on your pay. No need for explanation. Your pay slips explains it a lot
What the VO want to see, if what is on your payslips tally's with what comes into your account on Monthly basis.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Beluv: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello house, I applied for visiting visa in Canada this year to attend my friends wedding with the help of an agent but REFUSED. The agent lied on the application which he didn't inform me of. The lie is he answered NO that I have not been refused visa in other country before. So I abadanoned that because I didn't know how to rectify that and the occasion passed. Now, I want to get a school and study in Canada to further my education ,1) how do I present my case. 2) any idea of a low tuition fee school I can apply to, I have an HND and would like to do a PGD course. Thanks for your response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
thank you so mush for the response. i will try to mail my school if they can consider transfer.com but another thing,
can i use Us dollar domiciliary account to wire the money to them. how can i convert the Us dollar to Cad dollar, for example now am i want to pay 150cad dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello guys, this may sound like a foolish question or its one that has been answered before but nevertheless, how can I link my application online and what's the process of doing upfront medicals? I'll appreciate anyone willing to out me through. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Time2Smile(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
Toluwaase:
Good day everyone,
First, I need to commend this thread @justwise and evryone. You are amazing. This is great. May God bless you.
I got a PhD admission in UWO with 30000CAD scholarship. Please, I need answer to the following questions:
1. While submitting my documents, do I need to submit the original copies of my certificates (including marriage certificate)and transcript
2. Secondly, do I need additional proof of sufficient fund considering the fact that the scholarship will cover my living cost.

Thanks, do I need original transcripts also. Universities will not give them by hand.
Hello, Please did you do take GRE before you applied for admission. I just need details about your application to University of Western Ontario if you don't mind, Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ymc007:
Hello guys, this may sound like a foolish question or its one that has been answered before but nevertheless, how can I link my application online and what's the process of doing upfront medicals? I'll appreciate anyone willing to out me through. Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2016
MunezSanti:
Yes I was refused a USA visa before and I answered
'NO' in the IMM 1294 form. Please what would you
advice me to do when I reapplied? Do you think I have a chance of getting the visa in my next application?

quote author=lawmerchant post=46903870]
16 (1) "A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires."
Have you ever been refused visa to other countries or asked to leave another country? If so, did you indicate this fact in your application? Subsection 16(1) is used by VO when someone lies in his/her application. Cant really say to what extent this was the situation in your case.
When you apply again you must truthfully answer all questions. Though I am afraid you may have a misrepresentation record on your file with CIC which will make it further difficult for you to obtain visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
Gastuso:

This is normal deduction that must appear on your pay. No need for explanation. Your pay slips explains it a lot
What the VO want to see, if what is on your payslips tally's with what comes into your account on Monthly basis.

I do understand my bro, but here is the case I am not paid in account but paid in cash I mean money inside envelope, though from the job verification documents my boss specified that I am paid in cash. Money in hand and to add confirmation to this, the document is been notarized at the Law court, is this sufficient at all or what more can I add again?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SmithHumble50: 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
Beluv:
Hello house, I applied for visiting visa in Canada this year to attend my friends wedding with the help of an agent but REFUSED. The agent lied on the application which he didn't inform me of. The lie is he answered NO that I have not been refused visa in other country before. So I abadanoned that because I didn't know how to rectify that and the occasion passed. Now, I want to get a school and study in Canada to further my education ,1) how do I present my case. 2) any idea of a low tuition fee school I can apply to, I have an HND and would like to do a PGD course. Thanks for your response.

And I am sure u paid that agent big money for that rubbish he/she did?

Well, make sure this time around u fill it urself.. It's not hard to do.. I wonder why people give all dis agents money when u have a forum like Nairaland filled with gurus both home and abroad..

Goodluck in ur next application!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2016
princeade09:

I do understand my bro, but here is the case I am not paid in account but paid in cash I mean money inside envelope, though from the job verification documents my boss specified that I am paid in cash. Money in hand and to add confirmation to this, the document is been notarized at the Law court, is this sufficient at all or what more can I add again?
you guys are complicating things. One can be working and also have different businesses he does which brings other income into his bank account. During visa application,we present a RELIABLE source of income documents which is our employment documents and account statement/salary account. So one shouldnt tell me that what i earn monthly should correlate what comes into my account. Let not visa process make us not to reason realistically and just only thinking what the VO would ever never think. Atimes some people i know who are in canada now didn't even present payslips during their but im nt saying you should omit it oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2016
Nadia94:
not atall.. it is an MEng programme.

congrats Nadia94, I've been on the lookout for your good news. Good to know its finally out.

Looking forward to seeing you in @ Queen's by September.

And yes, you can get some bursary as an International student... Like $1,400+ (which might be helpful to you at some point) and there's a deadline for the application.

Any plans for accommodation yet? I have one up for grabs if you don't have any yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2016
kylexy1:
Evening all... I applied for a trv paper route on the 22nd of april, medical mail on d 11th of may, medical done on the 12th of may.
I received an email this afternoon with an attachment. And when i opened it i saw trv approved. To all trv hopefuls.... just believe... God works in so many ways

Bt i tracked my application nd its still showing being processed at the visa office Accra. Will i still get a pickup mail? Or i can go to vfs and get my passport

Congrats man and all those that recently got their TRV.... Gastuso et al. I wish you all the best in Maple land!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
Thanks. Well if I had a misrepresentation record then my refusal letter would have stated that I am ineligible to reapply for two years. Don't you think so @Lawmerchant?
lawmerchant:

When you apply again you must truthfully answer all questions. Though I am afraid you may have a misrepresentation record on your file with CIC which will make it further difficult for you to obtain visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2016
For the fact that I've followed this thread from Part 3 when I started my Canada waka in 2013 till date makes it very absurd and inexcusable to buy the reason that one doesn't have time to go thru this thread to get the information he/she needs to secure his future.

From the very second I came across this thread in January 2013, I took about a week and read thru all the previous pages and started responding from day 1 as a guru.

I hear people ask questions here and address them to the gurus... Who is a guru if I may ask? A guru is someone that has taken his/her time to digest the invaluable info on this thread and knows his/her way about the most critical points to be noted as per visa processing. The person doesn't necessarily have to be in Canada or need to have gotten the visa.

Please guys, take the time and read the previous parts. It's for your own good. If you do, the rate of visa denial will definitely reduce a bit.

Regards my people.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Uptosomething(m): 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2016
Onyeoma3:
For the fact that I've followed this thread from Part 3 when I started my Canada waka in 2013 till date makes it very absurd and inexcusable to buy the reason that one doesn't have time to go thru this thread to get the information he/she needs to secure his future.

From the very second I came across this thread in January 2013, I took about a week and read thru all the previous pages and started responding from day 1 as a guru.

I hear people ask questions here and address them to the gurus... Who is a guru if I may ask? A guru is someone that has taken his/her time to digest the invaluable info on this thread and knows his/her way about the most critical points to be noted as per visa processing. The person doesn't necessarily have to be in Canada or need to have gotten the visa.

Please guys, take the time and read the previous parts. It's for your own good. If you do, the rate of visa denial will definitely reduce a bit.

Regards my people.

Onyeoma,iz bin a while
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
Uptosomething:

Onyeoma,iz bin a while

Research has been crazy, plus conference/vacation in Europe last month plus business.... We're trying to get to the final destination in good time insha Allah

What's up with you sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Vinny101: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
Beluv:
. In as much as its dangerous to lie on your visa application, I have seen someone that was denied USA visa three consecutive times, yet he answered NO to that question of having been denied visa to Canada or any other country and he was given visa. I think maybe, you have dainted your records in the USA because from what I read on your post about US visa interview,it appears you still owe some money after having your second baby or something. Or maybe your agent manipulated other documents for you in the application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Vinny101: 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2016
MunezSanti:
Thanks for your reply. Recently I saw another mistake in my IMM 1294 form. The question in the form that says; 'Have you ever you used another name before (nick name, birth name, Alias, maiden name, etc.?)'. I answered 'NO' when I should have answered 'YES' because the middle name on my birth certificate and the middle name on my passport and all other academic documents is different. Do you think the VO rejected my application under Subsection 16 (1) because of this mistake too?
Inconsistency in an applicant's name is a killer. Embassies find it very easy to deny an applicant where such exist unless with a clear proof. Unfortunately you answered No instead of YES. If you had answered YES it would have prompted you to list those other names which would have corresponded to the names you have on other of your documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
I made a mistake with that question. I hope that my gcms notes will help me to know exactly which question the embassy thinks I didn't answer truthfully.
Vinny101:
Inconsistency in an applicant's name is a killer. Embassies find it very easy to deny an applicant where such exist unless with a clear proof. Unfortunately you answered No instead of YES. If you had answered YES it would have prompted you to list those other names which would have corresponded to the names you have on other of your documents.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Princeosbon: 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello my able nauralanders,please can anyone help me out on how to request for my case file.i don't seem to understand what cic is saying on their website.please can anyone make it easy for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
Onyeoma3:

congrats Nadia94, I've been on the lookout for your good news. Good to know its finally out.

Looking forward to seeing you in @ Queen's by September.

And yes, you can get some bursary as an International student... Like $1,400+ (which might be helpful to you at some point) and there's a deadline for the application.

Any plans for accommodation yet? I have one up for grabs if you don't have any yet.

sir/madam, I'll be glad to partake in this benevolence. I'm in need of accommodation near UofT, st. George campus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
CassetteBoy:

sir/madam, I'll be glad to partake in this benevolence. I'm in need of accommodation near UofT, st. George campus

I'm a student ooo, not yet a sir, but definitely not a madam.

You can check on www.kijiji.ca and choose your location. You'll be able to get something that might interest you. I mentioned her precisely cos I knew she's coming to Queen's.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.