Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006212 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 6:54am On Jun 25, 2016
Congratulations to @nadia94 and @kylexy1.
We are next in line in Jesus name AMEN!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 7:44am On Jun 25, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)

[b]1. Cjrex501;march 30, U of Rcc Toronto, PGC, Online
2. Bjstarpex; march 03, mun, Masters, paper route,Medical request
3. Folafetty: March 23, Niagara College, paper route
4. horlami2: March 20th, Georgian college, Upfront med, PGC, Online
5. Thedreamchaser: April 7, conestoga, PGC, Online
6. Opeyeminas: April 7 Conestoga, pgd, paper route, Upfront medicals
7. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route, Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
8. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route.
9. Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.
10. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
11. burrytee: April 19, conestoga, Pgc paper route, upfrnt medical.
12. penitential: April 20: Conestoga college, PGC, paper route.
13. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route
14. Ajibade001 April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
15. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed
16. Rhegina May 4 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals, Medical Passed
17. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
18. 3jays: May 20th, PGC, Georgian college, online route, upfront medicals
19. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
20. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
21. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals
22. aliACCA :May 26 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals
23. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
24. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University
25. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
26. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College
27. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University
28. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals
29. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals [/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 8:32am On Jun 25, 2016
Good morning my people!

My evaluation is presently ongoing with WES and its taking time.

I filled d online form & made payment, got a reference no, sent my certificate & transcripts via my institutions to WES, they acknowledged receipt and sent verification letters to my institutions since June 7 but up till this morning, my institutions are yet to receive WES's verification letter. Am evaluating my OND from a Poly & B.Sc from Unilag.

Could you pls run tru with me d process of evaluation with IQAS? Unlike WES, does IQAS send verification letter to school before concluding their evaluation? How much do they charge too?

Kindly reply.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by vinci500: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2016
Just sent you a PM.
nicerichard05:
Is anyone apply for University or Northern British Columbia in January. Pls PM me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kylexy1(m): 8:53am On Jun 25, 2016
bayocanny:

Congratulation!!! Enjoy your stay in Maples Land

Cheerss
To TRV awaitee, you will receive your approval mail soon before the end of this month

Ameenn

Thanks a millie bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kylexy1(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2016
Amen

quote author=abestine post=46895300]

Congrats! God will favour all of the TRV expectant, more testimonies[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:17am On Jun 25, 2016
tundechange:

Good morning my people!

I filled d online form & made payment, got a reference no, sent my certificate & transcripts via my institutions to WES, they acknowledged receipt and sent verification letters to my institutions since June 7 but up till this morning, my institutions are yet to receive WES's verification letter. Am evaluating my OND from a Poly & B.Sc from Unilag.

Could you pls run tru with me d process of evaluation with IQAS? Unlike WES, does IQAS send verification letter to school before concluding their evaluation? How much do they charge too?

Kindly reply.

Thanks
Oga tundechange just relax the 2weeks just elapsed on 22nd the institutions should get it by Monday, I think Unilag works with email to reply WES pls confirm, you have to check with the Poly if they do too, starting with another body you will still have to go through the Same process.
Another option is to tell WES to resend the documents through courier which will cost you $160+tax and they will provide you with the tracking numbers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BaaleofMontreal: 9:27am On Jun 25, 2016
MunezSanti:
Yes I was refused a USA visa before and I answered
'NO' in the IMM 1294 form. Please what would you
advice me to do when I reapplied? Do you think I have a chance of getting the visa in my next application?

quote author=lawmerchant post=46903870]
16 (1) "A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires."
Have you ever been refused visa to other countries or asked to leave another country? If so, did you indicate this fact in your application? Subsection 16(1) is used by VO when someone lies in his/her application. Cant really say to what extent this was the situation in your case.

You should have answered YES, Canada and US share immigration data as these two countries are very close to each other. All you have to do when you reapply is to ensure you state the truth ONLY in your application and hope a miracle happens as that's a big violation you've made in your previous application

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 25, 2016
Hello Lawmerchant please if i proceed to Canada to do two consecutive one year post graduate programs would i still be eligible for the three year PGWP?

lawmerchant:

Answer received from CIC call center in Canada:

Yes. However, when arriving in Canada, you must explain to the Officer (at the point of entry) the reason for the resuming in January 2017 as opposed to the July 2016. You must also convince the officer that you have sufficient fund to cover the two-years program. This is because the proof of fund you submitted with your application was assessed on the basis of a one-year not two-year program. The Officer will then have to decide whether to grant you entry. If entry is granted, you must go to you CIC online account and notify CIC of the change in program.
Hope this helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nicerichard05: 9:40am On Jun 25, 2016
vinci500:
Just sent you a PM.

I have replied. Send me ur numb Asap. Tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2016
April 18 thank you!
Ymc007:

Congratulations sis. I tap into your testimony. When did u apply?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 9:59am On Jun 25, 2016
not atall.. it is an MEng programme.
yemdogg:

Congratulations.

Did you get funding from the school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Uptosomething(m): 10:06am On Jun 25, 2016
Dear Team,

Anybody at Brandon University?? How is the school like ..Looking at applying for Masters in Rural Development..
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2016
aishate:
Hello Lawmerchant please if i proceed to Canada to do two consecutive one year post graduate programs would i still be eligible for the three year PGWP?

Yes I think so....I think they calculate your total years of study in Canada to give u PGWP.

SINCE ITS CONSECUTIVE IT WILL CALCULATED AS THOUGH ITS TWO YEARS

I MAY BE WRONG THOUGH

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 10:36am On Jun 25, 2016
kylexy1:
Evening all... I applied for a trv paper route on the 22nd of april, medical mail on d 11th of may, medical done on the 12th of may.
I received an email this afternoon with an attachment. And when i opened it i saw trv approved. To all trv hopefuls.... just believe... God works in so many ways

Bt i tracked my application nd its still showing being processed at the visa office Accra. Will i still get a pickup mail? Or i can go to vfs and get my passport

Bro did you photocopy your bank statement and submit at the visa centre
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 10:53am On Jun 25, 2016
Thanks for your reply. Recently I saw another mistake in my IMM 1294 form. The question in the form that says; 'Have you ever you used another name before (nick name, birth name, Alias, maiden name, etc.?)'. I answered 'NO' when I should have answered 'YES' because the middle name on my birth certificate and the middle name on my passport and all other academic documents is different. Do you think the VO rejected my application under Subsection 16 (1) because of this mistake too?
BaaleofMontreal:

You should have answered YES, Canada and US share immigration data as these two countries are very close to each other. All you have to do when you reapply is to ensure you state the truth ONLY in your application and hope a miracle happens as that's a big violation you've made in your previous application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olageeee(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2016
Gm house am just kind of confused on this,

I undastand documents like *pay studs, SOA, employment letter, sponsorship nd all..

Please under which platform will I upload my Transcripts, waec, nd other certificates?..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 11:01am On Jun 25, 2016
Under letter of explanation.

olageeee:
Gm house am just kind of confused on this,
I undastand documents like *pay studs, SOA, employment letter, sponsorship nd all..
Please under which platform will I upload my Transcripts, waec, nd other certificates?..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BaaleofMontreal: 11:12am On Jun 25, 2016
MunezSanti:
Thanks for your reply. Recently I saw another mistake in my IMM 1294 form. The question in the form that says; 'Have you ever you used another name before (nick name, birth name, Alias, maiden name, etc.?)'. I answered 'NO' when I should have answered 'YES' because the middle name on my birth certificate and the middle name on my passport and all other academic documents is different. Do you think the VO rejected my application under Subsection 16 (1) because of this mistake too?

I can't really state the reasons why the VO rejected your application, all I can advice as I stated earlier is for you to ensure you state ONLY the truth in your next application and expect a miracle. Go through your application several times before you submit to ensure you answered all the questions properly. There's a guide online that explain the meaning of the questions asked and examples of possible answer, I would advise you go through this guide thorough before you start your application and during your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nkemgrace: 11:13am On Jun 25, 2016
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!
i checked mycic account early this morning to see that my application has been closed and approved!!! i didn't believe it and till now i'm still amazed by the wonder working power of Jesus!
would update you on the documents i submitted soon!
To all TRV hopeful, God is working on it!

Congrats dear! Please what route did you use (Paper or online) upfront medical or not? Finally, when did you apply for trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 25, 2016
Pls i want to pay 150CAD for application fees to sch in canada, hw should i go about. it and the sch requested for international wire tranfer. I went to diamond bank and the guy told me money gram is not working anymore and credit card is not posible again. But i have US dollar domicilliary account with GT bank. actually the account is dormant. Pls somebody in the house should help me out. I went to GT bank they refuse to covert the naira to dollars, unless if i can bring dollar frm outside.and hw can i convert Us dollar to canada because my school requested for cad dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olageeee(m): 11:57am On Jun 25, 2016
poppywasiu:
Pls i want to pay 150CAD for application fees to sch in canada, hw should i go about. it and the sch requested for international wire tranfer. I went to diamond bank and the guy told me money gram is not working anymore and credit card is not posible again. But i have US dollar domicilliary account with GT bank. actually the account is dormant. Pls somebody in the house should help me out. I went to GT bank they refuse to covert the naira to dollars, unless if i can bring dollar frm outside.and hw can i convert Us dollar to canada because my school requested for cad dollar

Use per transfer. Com, d school that accept this channel of payment are stated on d site.

Have used them once nd it worked.. But you can still Mail ur school if the medium is applicable to them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 11:58am On Jun 25, 2016
Okay thank you for your help. I will go through the guide. I have also applied for my gcms, I hope to receive it within 20 days.
BaaleofMontreal:

I can't really state the reasons why the VO rejected your application, all I can advice as I stated earlier is for you to ensure you state ONLY the truth in your next application and expect a miracle. Go through your application several times before you submit to ensure you answered all the questions properly. There's a guide online that explain the meaning of the questions asked and examples of possible answer, I would advise you go through this guide thorough before you start your application and during your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 12:01pm On Jun 25, 2016
Nah, I doubt it. I only know small African stores and I don't buy from there unless I'm desperate. The one is my city isn't that great. Maybe there might be bigger markets or stores in Toronto but I don't think there are that many Nigerians in Canada for us have our own "Oshodi". Lol
GrandCommander:

Is there not a place in canada where one can buy Nigerian food in bulk just like a place called Peckham in England.?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
I don't have an answer to your question but I'll advise you to be patient. I'm guessing you're applying for winter entry. I had the same issue with WES and kept worrying, in the end, WES sent them my evaluation really late but it was alright. The application deadline does not affect you because your application has already been received. Just relax and let WES finish up
tundechange:

Good morning my people!

Kindly reply.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
You're right
yemdogg:

Yes I think so....I think they calculate your total years of study in Canada to give u PGWP.

SINCE ITS CONSECUTIVE IT WILL CALCULATED AS THOUGH ITS TWO YEARS

I MAY BE WRONG THOUGH

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bimbophor: 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello everyone, please i need an urgent recommendation
I was offered admission by a college for pgd.
I had 4.5m but due to d devaluation of the naira, d moni is no longer enough.
I am looking to get a sponsor who is my first cousin, waz sent to school by my dad, but bears a different surname
How can i go about this
How much would i need to present at the embassy?
2) i hav not applied for visa yet bcus of funds, would i be able to get the visa before school resumes sept 16th.
3)what is the fastest route, paper or online.
Thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
H
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
Arcayo:

Oga tundechange just relax the 2weeks just elapsed on 22nd the institutions should get it by Monday, I think Unilag works with email to reply WES pls confirm, you have to check with the Poly if they do too, starting with another body you will still have to go through the Same process.
Another option is to tell WES to resend the documents through courier which will cost you $160+tax and they will provide you with the tracking numbers

Thanks Boss!

I hope they receive the letters next week sha.
The letter I got from WES says that the verification was sent via email and post mail. However, the institutions must respond in writing. Unilag says that they do respond in writing so they are expecting the verification letters.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2016
thesoj:
I have written over 700 posts answering so many possible questions about getting a TRV, yet people still mention me to answer the same questions I have repeatedly answered. Smh. Please before you mention me to answer your question(s), read my previous posts. So many others like @tnuola @Team12 @mevisbleek @Onyeoma3 @TheBae @hayqinsbFX @ayooluwatoni @berexio1 @Amefrica and many more people have answered an innumerable number of questions several times over. Read their posts. Or just read all of Part 6 and/or Part 7 and/or 8.
I think we that we are looking forward for trv on this part 9/10 truely to buckle up as being said by thesoj,who someone pple accused of not contributing again,I read someone was discussing about board and room issue,and I opened my Google,then I typed room and board,Canada,nairaland and I pressed entertainment,the whole link that has to do with room and board showed up and read through while in office,it got to a stage I was laughing and my partner was like why is this guy laughing,but you know you can it out.....in all let us read through and what we can just do to have smooth application is link with one/two guys that have done it before for more direction.....we will all rejoice testify to God's goodness.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Uptosomething(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2016
Dear Team,
Any need for APPROVAL MAIL FOR those that applied via Paper route confirming their Visa was successful/approved..My friend did paper route and got this below(He did upfront medical)

. "your processed passport have been dispatched from C V O Acrra to CVAC on 22 june 2016. Contact VFS for more info.""" That's his status. Applied on 15th April, 2016"
REGARDS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2016
bimbophor:
Hello everyone, please i need an urgent recommendation
I was offered admission by a college for pgd.
I had 4.5m but due to d devaluation of the naira, d moni is no longer enough.
I am looking to get a sponsor who is my first cousin, waz sent to school by my dad, but bears a different surname
How can i go about this
How much would i need to present at the embassy?
2) i hav not applied for visa yet bcus of funds, would i be able to get the visa before school resumes sept 16th.
3)what is the fastest route, paper or online.
Thnks

1) use your cousin. make sure all necessary documents are provided by him/her and it is stated there your relationship with him/her
2) still apply, schools still tolerate lateness to the tune of probably 2/3wks
3) try paper

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.