Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006241 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Congrats to all TRV choppers! Time to hustle for best flight deals. Wanted to share a couple of short tips that helped me find a good deal for September because prices are alot higher than they were last year.
1. If you have a US or CA card, you're better off booking on flighthub.com. sign up for an account and make some searches. After a couple of days, they'll start sending special deals to you via email.
2. Consider searching for flights that do not depart on weekends and try searching at midnight our time for good deals. Also adjust dates (dept and return, leaving or returning a day later or earlier can save you couple hundred dollars. It won't kill to get to Canada a week late if you would dodge the "peak period" highcost bullet.
3. If other options fail you, try searching for flights departing from Ghana and other neighbouring countries, this can save you up to 200k.
Others please feel free to add or correct anything as you deem fit.
Congratulations once again!

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by straph: 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
humbleosazee:

Online or paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hi TheBae. I think Khalesi wrote about this a while ago. My brother told me they threw away all his gala and noodles (because of the beef in gala, and chicken in thr noodles ingredients list) at the airport. Khalesi says they let her bring in her noodles because she separated the noodles from the seasoning sachet. The chicken seasoning is in the seasoning pack. @Graviton2, go to the Canadian Border Protection website to see the specific instructions on what you an bring in and what you can't. Cheers.
TheBae:
I'm concerned about the meat and dairy products. They are prohibited. Gala and milk might be a problem for you if you encounter a strict customs officer. Gala has processed meat in it. People may have succeeded in taking them through the border but you might not be so lucky. Concealment of undeclared food can lead to fines or even prosecution and you can't possibly declare items that you know are prohibited.
I'm curious about the palm oil. Did you freeze it and are you going to conceal it? @thesoj please shed more light on this

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Pls kindly reply this, was it email they sent to ur company or they verified it through mail or phone call.

Gastuso:
How to avoid tension of your Trv for study permit
Anxiety is a silent killer that is common with most visa applicants across the comity of nations. But the few time I spent reading through this thread, I see people's anxiousness to know why they are not called for medical or why their TRV is yet to be approved, after those who submitted after them have gotten theirs.
To be honest with you, I felt same. Each moment, I kept on thinking about my dream of going to Canada for graduate studies and what will happened to me if my dream is aborted along the line by a VO. Here are some tips that can keep us on track while our application are been assessed:
1. You are different: many a time we wish to get our medical call or approval mails on time. But to be honest and based on my experience, the VO have the final say. I strongly believe in the supernatural intervening in case, but many a time, we judge ourselves bc of other people's experiences. Medical call can be issued sparingly by a VO without thoroughly examining one file. For paper route, they send medical call before examining the applicants file. Paper route medical call is faster than online. But note, this do not represent approval of their TRV, but it's a step towards their TRV approval if no issues are discovered by the VO. Here comes our anxiety, I applied before Mr B and Mr B have been called for medical, what is wrong with me? Hope the devil is not at work here? Have I done anything wrong here?
Please you have done nothing wrong with your application process, what I think is this, the VO is carefully examining your file before making a decision. For instance, before I was called for medical, they wrote to my employer to find out if am a bonafide staff of the establishment I claimed to be working with. My employer responded, I guess within 24 hours. After all their findings, they ask me to go for medical. So, if you are not called for it, don't be worried, because you may end up giving yourself high blood pressure, like I almost did to myself when I went for medical examination. First test reads 166, while the second done by the doctor herself reads 128. So anxiety can ruine our medical history. For online applicants, once you are called for medical, after months of waiting and you passed it, your TRV approval is 100%
Note: Am not a VO but also an applicant who now have his TRV approved.
Watch out for point 2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nicerichard05: 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Gymme:
I graduated there last year. What info do you need about the school and the beautiful city of Prince George, BC? grin grin

Wow, thats good, I have a few qst to ask. bro pls can I have ur contact. My email nicerichard05@yahoo.com.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is true but I always take my chances with noodles anyway. Lol @Graviton2 there you have it. Choose your battles wisely, in my opinion, milk is a no-no. That's like common knowledge, one can still form ignorance with the noodles seasoning and get away without a fine.
thesoj:
Hi TheBae. I think Khalesi wrote about this a while ago. My brother told me they threw away all his gala and noodles (because of the beef in gala, and chicken in thr noodles ingredients list) at the airport. Khalesi says they let her bring in her noodles because she separated the noodles from the seasoning sachet. The chicken seasoning is in the seasoning pack. @Graviton2, go to the Canadian Border Protection website to see the specific instructions on what you an bring in and what you can't. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Drajah(m): 10:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
kennykentipsy:
am good bro well the school is ok everyone with his/her own opinion but for me it very fine

Bro I hail o.....abeg no vex o I go like make we talk a bit about the school. kirobike@yahoo or kirobike@gmail.com my email any of them ....#blessings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
TheBae:
I'm concerned about the meat and dairy products. They are prohibited. Gala and milk might be a problem for you if you encounter a strict customs officer. Gala has processed meat in it. People may have succeeded in taking them through the border but you might not be so lucky. Concealment of undeclared food can lead to fines or even prosecution and you can't possibly declare items that you know are prohibited.
I'm curious about the palm oil. Did you freeze it and are you going to conceal it? @thesoj please shed more light on this

I think I'll drop the dairy products to be on the safe side. I'm actually considering putting the oil in an air-tight container and wrapping severally with nylon covers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Consider freezing the oil and wrapping the container with newspapers. I know people usually do it this way for better concealment and to avoid making a mess
Graviton2:

I think I'll drop the dairy products to be on the safe side. I'm actually considering putting the oil in an air-tight container and wrapping severally with nylon covers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Odinwa(m): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!
i checked mycic account early this morning to see that my application has been closed and approved!!! i didn't believe it and till now i'm still amazed by the wonder working power of Jesus!
would update you on the documents i submitted soon!
To all TRV hopeful, God is working on it!

congrats my dear! I tap into your testimony!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!
i checked mycic account early this morning to see that my application has been closed and approved!!! i didn't believe it and till now i'm still amazed by the wonder working power of Jesus!
Congratulations sis. I tap into your testimony. When did u apply?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 11:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
thesoj:

Hello, thesoj

I've been all over the site. They weren't specific about what items to bring in or not...just that, all items must be declared.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/rpg-mrp-eng.html
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Graviton2(m): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
TheBae:
Consider freezing the oil and wrapping the container with newspapers. I know people usually do it this way for better concealment and to avoid making a mess

I'll do that. Thanks, TheBae smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
humbleosazee:
Pls kindly reply this, was it email they sent to ur company or they verified it through mail or phone call.

It was mail. My company has its own website, with a customised mail address for them and all members of staff. That was the one I used. And all the mail I sent to CIC and VAC were all sent from my personalised company mail address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Victory1989(m): 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
There have been no updates to your application (S3***********) since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience. This is the message I just got from CIC..any one with similar message...I need urgent advice house please help me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 12:01am On Jun 25, 2016
Gastuso:

It was mail. My company has its own website, with a customised mail address for them and all members of staff. That was the one I used. And all the mail I sent to CIC and VAC were all sent from my personalised company mail address

Sorry sir to bother you, mail through posting of letter to ur company's address. Pls kindly reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 12:12am On Jun 25, 2016
Senator, it is less than 30 days. The longest i have received was 20 days.

olaniyisal:
Thanks for your feedback, how long will it takes to get the GCMS if someone help to apply from Canada.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 12:16am On Jun 25, 2016
Victory1989:
There have been no updates to your application (S301xxxxxxx) since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience. This is the message I just got from CIC..any one with similar message...I need urgent advice house please help me
Your application is a month or 2months old that was why you got the message, sensor your application number pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jenypha15: 12:43am On Jun 25, 2016
@ Ivycole.
just got the letter now for spring 2017 been doulging the premasters.... I pray u also get urs as soon as possible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 1:32am On Jun 25, 2016
My application has been refused...Please have anybody in here ever been refused under subsection 16 (1)?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 2:25am On Jun 25, 2016
MunezSanti:
My application has been refused...Please have anybody in here ever been refused under subsection 16 (1)?

Sorry, about your delay. Please share the documents you submitted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 2:55am On Jun 25, 2016
I submitted my application online on the 20th May 2016 and I got my refusal on the 17th June 2016.

School: Seneca college
Program of study: Aviation operations
level of study: College Diploma
Graduated from high school in: 2013
Current activity: Supporting my father in his business

Sponsor: my father

Documents submitted:
CIC forms
Dad's bank statement: CAD $46000
Dad's sponsorship letter
Dad's tax and business documents
Tuition receipt of first semester: CAD $6578
Dad's passport bio data page

Acceptance letter
Waec result and transcript
birth certificate
letter of explanation: stating Why Canada, Seneca, and aviation operations as my program of choice. I also stated that I will transfer to Griffith university in Australia after graduating from Seneca to complete my degree.

Please help me address my refusal reasons especially the reason that states Subsection 16 (1).

My application was processed in the Canadian embassy in Paris, France.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 4:27am On Jun 25, 2016
MunezSanti:

16 (1) "A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires."

Have you ever been refused visa to other countries or asked to leave another country? If so, did you indicate this fact in your application? Subsection 16(1) is used by VO when someone lies in his/her application. Cant really say to what extent this was the situation in your case.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 4:53am On Jun 25, 2016
Newheights:
Please I need your urgent advise guys!
After getting a visa for a one year program that starts in July 2016, can one decide not to resume the program and use that visa to resume a two-year program that starts in January2017?
PS: the program change is still within thesame school.

Answer received from CIC call center in Canada:

Yes. However, when arriving in Canada, you must explain to the Officer (at the point of entry) the reason for the resuming in January 2017 as opposed to the July 2016. You must also convince the officer that you have sufficient fund to cover the two-years program. This is because the proof of fund you submitted with your application was assessed on the basis of a one-year not two-year program. The Officer will then have to decide whether to grant you entry. If entry is granted, you must go to you CIC online account and notify CIC of the change in program.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 5:30am On Jun 25, 2016
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!
Congratulation!!! enjoy your stay in Maples Land
Cheeerss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 5:34am On Jun 25, 2016
kylexy1:
Evening all... I applied for a trv paper route on the 22nd of april, medical mail on d 11th of may, medical done on the 12th of may.
I received an email this afternoon with an attachment. And when i opened it i saw trv approved. To all trv hopefuls.... just believe... God works in so many ways

Bt i tracked my application nd its still showing being processed at the visa office Accra. Will i still get a pickup mail? Or i can go to vfs and get my passport

Congratulation!!! Enjoy your stay in Maples Land

Cheerss
To TRV awaitee, you will receive your approval mail soon before the end of this month

Ameenn

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 5:50am On Jun 25, 2016
Victory1989:
There have been no updates to your application (S3014608499) since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience. This is the message I just got from CIC..any one with similar message...I need urgent advice house please help me
I wiil advise u to remove this post for your own good
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 5:57am On Jun 25, 2016
16 (1) "A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires."

Have you ever been refused visa to other countries or asked to leave another country? If so, did you indicate this fact in your application? Subsection 16(1) is used by VO when someone lies in his/her application. Cant really say to what extent this was the situation in your case. [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 6:00am On Jun 25, 2016
Yes I was refused a USA visa before and I answered
'NO' in the IMM 1294 form. Please what would you
advice me to do when I reapplied? Do you think I have a chance of getting the visa in my next application?

quote author=lawmerchant post=46903870]
Have you ever been refused visa to other countries or asked to leave another country? If so, did you indicate this fact in your application? Subsection 16(1) is used by VO when someone lies in his/her application. Cant really say to what extent this was the situation in your case. [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 25, 2016
TheBae:

Is there not a place in canada where one can buy Nigerian food in bulk just like a place called Peckham in England.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 6:25am On Jun 25, 2016
humbleosazee:

Sorry sir to bother you, mail through posting of letter to ur company's address. Pls kindly reply
Email

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.