Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,500 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1011085 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Same here, I applied 20th April paper route and up till now nothing yet. But I Believe We Will Hear From THEm soon.
Bioben:
Anyone innmy shoe? I applied April 11 paper route no medical nothing from dem til now..house advice me on what to do next thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
Congratulation nadia.....i tap into your testimony. PLEASE Share Details OF THE Docs YOU Submitted To Help others.
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!
i checked mycic account early this morning to see that my application has been closed and approved!!! i didn't believe it and till now i'm still amazed by the wonder working power of Jesus!
would update you on the documents i submitted soon!
To all TRV hopeful, God is working on it!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!
i checked mycic account early this morning to see that my application has been closed and approved!!! i didn't believe it and till now i'm still amazed by the wonder working power of Jesus!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! babe plz reply my mail na,i v some info to obtain from you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kylexy1(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
Evening all... I applied for a trv paper route on the 22nd of april, medical mail on d 11th of may, medical done on the 12th of may.
I received an email this afternoon with an attachment. And when i opened it i saw trv approved. To all trv hopefuls.... just believe... God works in so many ways

Bt i tracked my application nd its still showing being processed at the visa office Accra. Will i still get a pickup mail? Or i can go to vfs and get my passport

20 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abmendozer(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
Dannylng:
please for paper application do we need to make 2 copies of all our documents including bank statement
Yes, make two photocopy of each of your documents. If there is any more photocopy needed you will be instructed to do so.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Great News

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
tundechange:

Thanks Boss!
Did you applied in Nigeria? If yes, the given address is wrong
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nicerichard05: 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Is anyone apply for University or Northern British Columbia in January. Pls PM me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheDreamChaser: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Finally, approval mails are rolling in. Thanks for lifting our spirits guys. Congrats Nadia94 and kylexy1.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
TheDreamChaser:
Finally, approval mails are rolling in. Thanks for lifting our spirits guys. Congrats Nadia94 and kylexy1.

Congrats! God will favour all of the TRV expectant, more testimonies

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nadia94:
Praise be to God!!!!

Congrats... goodness.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Congratulation brother. Happy for you. Mine will drop soon in JESUS name.
kylexy1:
Evening all... I applied for a trv paper route on the 22nd of april, medical mail on d 11th of may, medical done on the 12th of may.
I received an email this afternoon with an attachment. And when i opened it i saw trv approved. To all trv hopefuls.... just believe... God works in so many ways

Bt i tracked my application nd its still showing being processed at the visa office Accra. Will i still get a pickup mail? Or i can go to vfs and get my passport

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Gastuso:

Did you applied in Nigeria? If yes, the given address is wrong

So what should the address be?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ivycole: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
cannydream:
Dear gurus in d house. I have tried to go thru the previous threads doh not all but permit me to say that I have gained the basic knowledge on how to go about my visa application. Una do well oo. however, I just created my NL account today and need your kind and sincere advice. I want to assure you that I haven't come to take you guys back on questions that have been asked and thrashed in previous threads. All I ask for is ur kind opinions.

I hv a BSC in economics and an MBA from a uni here in naija. Been working with a bank for 10 years until the so called wind of change caused my bank to downsize early this month and I was affected. That was when the canny dream came up.

The issue is that of the program to go for right now to avoid VO's delaying my application. My sister suggested that I go for a PGD in global business management at humber college but I find it rather absurd to go for a pgd after an MBA. She also suggested that I discard my MBA and go for another in Canada. I have also realized that most masters programs in business require a GMAT score which I don't have.

Please can someone with a heart of Gold offer a kind word of advice here in terms of possible programs related to my field that I can look thru. Please assist. Thank yo

Vancouver island university does not require any GMAT score. Admission for January 2017 is still on. It's even a dual degree an MBA from VIU and Msc from university of Hertfordshire. Just google the sch sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ivycole: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=Ivycole post=46740483][/quote]

Any news from VIU? It's 24th June already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Can someone in Canada help to apply for the GCMS

CassetteBoy:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

if you are using lawmerchant, ask how long the process will take
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 8:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
@Nadia94
Congrats Approved spirit more good news is Coming By God grace

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
I graduated there last year. What info do you need about the school and the beautiful city of Prince George, BC? grin grin

nicerichard05:
Is anyone apply for University or Northern British Columbia in January. Pls PM me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yes for sure, someone in Canada can help apply for you but would need to fill out an authorization form.

olaniyisal:
Can someone in Canada help to apply for the GCMS

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Drajah(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
penitential:
Same here, I applied 20th April paper route and up till now nothing yet. But I Believe We Will Hear From THEm soon.

Just track it bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
Submitted : April 18th (Paper route)
Medical mail: April 26th
Medicals done: May 3rd at IOM ikeja
Medical passed: saw it after i linked my account on May 10
Approval mail: June 24th
Processing time : 10 weeks

The Documents I submitted:
Academics
CIC forms, IMM 1294, IMM 5645, study permit questionnaire, Document checklist IMM 5483(the one from the CIC website not the Nigerian own)
Letter of acceptance from the university; Queen University, Electrical and computer engineering September 2016.
Letter containing tuition fee details and start & finish date details (This was not included in my letter of acceptance so I asked the school to issue a separate letter explaining all of that)
BSc. Transcript, Physics with Electronics
BSc. letter of attestation and confirmation (My certificate was not ready and it was stated on my letter of acceptance that it is needed prior to registration at the graduate school. Note: it is not a conditional acceptance letter)
BSc. Statement of result
Senior Waec certificate
Junior Waec certificate
Primary school leaving Certificate (oversabi things lolz)
Birth certificate
Certificate of Origin
Police report
I wasn’t working I just finished serving two days before I submitted but I left my current occupation as NYSC and I submitted the ffg;
Call up letter
NYSC ID card
Posting letter
CV
I didn’t submit my NYSC certificate.
Proof of Business/assests;
My sponsor was my dad (he owns his own business, I wouldn’t say he had CAC documents cos the one he had was very old from the 1990’s, and he never really used or updated it... so I would say his business was not registered, but I tried to proof his business as much as I can )
Sponsor is a property owner/developer
An excel of all the tenants occupying his properties
Property valuation booklets and certificates (this stood as proof of property and business for my sponsor)
Survey plans
Land receipts
Land deeds
Proof of income;
Bank statements
Receipts issued to Tenants and Buyers as far back as 2007
Tenancy agreements as far back as 2009
A detailed sponsorship letter explaining his monthly income
Sponsorship declaration (gave me a lot of concern because I felt it wasn’t detailed enough)

Others:
Parents Canada, UK, US, south Africa Visa pages
Parents Passport data pages

Note:
I did not notarize any document
I did not pay my tuition fee
I have never travelled out of the country
I did not do an affidavit of support.
Above all I prayed for God’s Mercy, Favour and Grace. Cos its not by my power nor by my might but by the Mercies of God! At some point I was already looking at the refusal reasons the VO would drop but God Showed up! Glory to Jesus!!

Modification: I forgot to mention my honorable SOP!!! It was very detailed!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
bosypumpin:

I think I responded to something like this some couple of days back when I shared my experience as to the fact that it is possible you have to send a mail to accraimmigrations to answer your queries or proceed to do a fresh medical test.

I wonder how @thesoj , @tinuola and @thebae will be feeling wherever they at the rate peeps here just ask question and do not bother reading so as to arm themselves with right hand experience of others. To think some are going for graduates studies in Canada and behave this way?
It is annoying to say the least. Little wonder the former gurus do not bother coming angryhere to render help.

I am sure someone somewhere will also take my response personal and respond vehemently, bring it on. I am already a silent observer anyways.
Guys, haba, let us read up. It is really unfair when you ask questions that have been dealt with before
You hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nadia94:

Academics
CIC forms, IMM 1294, IMM 5645, Document checklist IMM 5483(the one from the CIC website not the Nigerian own)
Letter of acceptance from the university; Queen University, Electrical and computer engineering September 2016.
Letter containing tuition fee details and start & finish date details (This was not included in my letter of acceptance so I asked the school to issue a separate letter explaining all of that)
BSc. letter of attestation and confirmation (My certificate was not ready and it was stated on my letter of acceptance that it is needed prior to registration at the graduate school. Note: it is not a conditional acceptance letter)
BSc. Statement of result
Senior Waec certificate
Junior Waec certificate
Birth certificate
Certificate of Origin
Police report
I wasn’t working I just finished serving two days before I submitted but I left my current occupation as NYSC and I submitted the ffg;
Call up letter
NYSC ID card
Posting letter
CV
Proof of assests;
My sponsor was my dad (he owns his own business, I wouldn’t say he had CAC documents cos the one he had was very old from the 1990’s, and he never really used or updated it... so I would say his business was not registered, but I tried to proof his business as much as I can )
Property valuation booklets and certificates (this stood as proof of property and business for my sponsor)
Survey plans
Land receipts
Land deeds
Proof of income;
Bank statements
Sponsorship declaration (gave me a lot of concern because I felt it wasn’t detailed enough)

Others:

Note:
Above all I prayed for God’s Mercy, Favour and Grace. Cos its not by my power nor by my might but by the Mercies of God! At some point I was already looking at the refusal reasons the VO would drop but God Showed up! Glory to Jesus!!
Congrats my friend,
Jesus is Real .. I tap from your blessings oooh , I pray I share this same testimony soonest .

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nadia94:

Academics
CIC forms, IMM 1294, IMM 5645, Document checklist IMM 5483(the one from the CIC website not the Nigerian own)
BSc. Statement of result
Senior Waec certificate
Junior Waec certificate
Birth certificate
Certificate of Origin
Police report
Call up letter
NYSC ID card
Posting letter
CV
Proof of assests;
Survey plans
Land receipts
Land deeds
Proof of income;
Bank statements

Others:

Note:

Congratulations.

Did you get funding from the school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
How to avoid tension of your Trv for study permit
Anxiety is a silent killer that is common with most visa applicants across the comity of nations. But the few time I spent reading through this thread, I see people's anxiousness to know why they are not called for medical or why their TRV is yet to be approved, after those who submitted after them have gotten theirs.
To be honest with you, I felt same. Each moment, I kept on thinking about my dream of going to Canada for graduate studies and what will happened to me if my dream is aborted along the line by a VO. Here are some tips that can keep us on track while our application are been assessed:
1. You are different: many a time we wish to get our medical call or approval mails on time. But to be honest and based on my experience, the VO have the final say. I strongly believe in the supernatural intervening in case, but many a time, we judge ourselves bc of other people's experiences. Medical call can be issued sparingly by a VO without thoroughly examining one file. For paper route, they send medical call before examining the applicants file. Paper route medical call is faster than online. But note, this do not represent approval of their TRV, but it's a step towards their TRV approval if no issues are discovered by the VO. Here comes our anxiety, I applied before Mr B and Mr B have been called for medical, what is wrong with me? Hope the devil is not at work here? Have I done anything wrong here?
Please you have done nothing wrong with your application process, what I think is this, the VO is carefully examining your file before making a decision. For instance, before I was called for medical, they wrote to my employer to find out if am a bonafide staff of the establishment I claimed to be working with. My employer responded, I guess within 24 hours. After all their findings, they ask me to go for medical. So, if you are not called for it, don't be worried, because you may end up giving yourself high blood pressure, like I almost did to myself when I went for medical examination. First test reads 166, while the second done by the doctor herself reads 128. So anxiety can ruine our medical history. For online applicants, once you are called for medical, after months of waiting and you passed it, your TRV approval is 100%
Note: Am not a VO but also an applicant who now have his TRV approved.
Watch out for point 2

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for your feedback, how long will it takes to get the GCMS if someone help to apply from Canada.

Gymme:
Yes for sure, someone in Canada can help apply for you but would need to fill out an authorization form.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thanks for your feedback, how long will it takes to the GCMS if someone help to apply from Canada.

Gymme:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
frankbrown12:
I submitted my app On 13 of April 2016 and I did upfront medical and I got a refuse today and this the my second application...
Please guru in the house give me breakdown how can tackle this problem. Also how requirest for my case files from cic.
So sorry to hear about your delay. cry. But if you really want to get this TRV, you need to be willing to read the thread. I understand that the threads are really long and daunting, but read Part 7 and/or 8 and you will become an expert. Parts 9 and 10 unfortunately are overwhelmed with posts by lazy people not willing to do their own research, only wanting to be spoonfed; I can't understand for the life of me how some of these individuals can claim to want to go to graduate school in a developed country yet aren't willing to do simple google searches.

Please don't be one of the people waiting to be breastfed. The answer to your specific question is in here: IMPORTANT LINKS. Look through all the links and you will find explanations for the reasons why you were denied; if you want specific answers to why you were denied, you will know what subsequent questions to ask and what information to provide in order for people to help you.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
I have written over 700 posts answering so many possible questions about getting a TRV, yet people still mention me to answer the same questions I have repeatedly answered. Smh. Please before you mention me to answer your question(s), read my previous posts. So many others like @tnuola @Team12 @mevisbleek @Onyeoma3 @TheBae @hayqinsbFX @ayooluwatoni @berexio1 @Amefrica and many more people have answered an innumerable number of questions several times over. Read their posts. Or just read all of Part 6 and/or Part 7 and/or 8.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
The VO is not convinced that your "sponsor" will sponsor you. The funds in the accounts are more than enough. You need to remove ALL ambiguity about the sponsorship. @TheBae also provided you some valuable advice.
olaniyisal:
Hello House,
My application was delayed today After Medical Passed status. CIC requested Medical result...
Please note that only the grounds that are checked off apply to the the refusal of your application...
Insufficient evidence of available funds provided for your studies in Canada....

Financial qualifications:
1) Personal Statement of Account balance of N1.7M
2) Letter of Introduction and declaration of sponsorship from Company.
3) Company Statement of Account (Naira Accoount N14M & Dom Acct $250K)
4) Affidavit of Sponsorship from Company
5) My pay slips from October 2015 to March 2016.
6) Reference letter from my bank.
7) Bank reference letter for Company
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheBae: 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
I'm concerned about the meat and dairy products. They are prohibited. Gala and milk might be a problem for you if you encounter a strict customs officer. Gala has processed meat in it. People may have succeeded in taking them through the border but you might not be so lucky. Concealment of undeclared food can lead to fines or even prosecution and you can't possibly declare items that you know are prohibited.
I'm curious about the palm oil. Did you freeze it and are you going to conceal it? @thesoj please shed more light on this
Graviton2:
Here's a few of the stuff I'll be traveling with in a few weeks..helpful advice on anything I need to add or remove from the list will be appreciated.

Scent leaves
Uziza leaves
Uziza seeds
Egusi powder
Garri
Palm oil
Gala - 10packs grin
Indomie - 10 hungry man size packs grin
Peak milk - 2refill packs
Milo - 2refill packs

Please note: all items will be properly packaged. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cannydream: 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ivycole:

Vancouver island university does not require any GMAT score. Admission for January 2017 is still on. It's even a dual degree an MBA from VIU and Msc from university of Hertfordshire. Just google the sch sha

Thanks Ivycole. I'll visit my friend Google immediately to check this out. Thanks again for ur 2 cents

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.