Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007484 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2016
BE811APP:
I am in the same shoes with you.. tho mine is for OWP..

I did Upfront and i got a medical mail..

When i got to the hospital the doctor gave me an updated medical form different from the one i used during application, he told me to quote the e-Medical no. from d hospital U01**** number then i should quote my IME no.s, application No. and the likes and the doctor told me to go to vfs to ask for the email address to send it to.

I called VFS d next day.. the said i should address it to accra immigration after telling them I applied for work permit..

four (4) days after Accra Immigration replied me and said I should forward the Mail to Lagos which is did since 12th July.

I dont know if my account has been updated because.. I have been trying to link my application online for the past 6 days consecutively and I have not been successful.

Can any one help me with Linking an open work permit

I was using "work permit and extension" for sub-category at first it never scaled through.. I was advised by a fellow NLander.. to change the sub-cateogry to "International Experience Canada".. I have done it for days.. still not linking sad

Last Bullet:

If u didn't quote the hospital unique number giving to u and your application number and IME and UCI numbers please resend stating those information..

If u dont have an updated e-medical form pls go back and get it from the hospital... bcuz the updated e-medical form states the date that your result was sent to CIC.. which will be easier to trace..

GoodLuck!!!

Yea, I was given the same form which i used in mailing them since on the 24th June, I linked my application on the 29th July to still see my medical is required on my application. That's my confusion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Bmdacutie:

hello hus wat happen wen resumption date passed nd still yet u did nt hear frm cic?? Pls I need gurus in d hus to ans dis am resuming August 29th submitted since April dne nd passed medical..mailed Accra dey said my app is on a que pending processing.pls what can someone do if still yet resumption date passed.nd cic as nt answered u??

Pls I nid advice on dis pls hus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2016
crazygurl:
What's the mail address and how should it be addressed, thank u.

Below are the addresses of the Canada visa office in Lagos, Abuja and Accra.

Ensure to state clearly the steps you've taken to get information regarding your application. Also inform them that all steps taken proved abortive as you didn't get any tangible/cogent response from CIC. Before you write this letter, make sure you have exhausted all means such as CSE, emailing Accra visa office and the regular processing time has been exceeded.

Don't forget to mention your program start date. Tell them you're running out of time.

Most importantly don't sound desperate biko.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, MYSELF I HAVE NOT TRIED IT BEFORE, ALTHOUGH MY FRIEND DID AND IT SEEM TO HAVE WORKED FOR HIM. THERE'S NO GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL WORK BUH IT DOESN'T HURT TO TRY. I MEAN WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?

So many many people e-mail them on a daily basis and that's why you get auto responder mails after you send them an email. So basically even your e-mails are queued up to be attended to. I doubt they receive as much letters compared to emails.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2016
Mrturiz555:
hello hus wat happen wen resumption date passed nd still yet u did nt hear frm cic?? Pls I need gurus in d hus to ans dis am resuming August 29th submitted since April dne nd passed medical..mailed Accra dey said my app is on a que pending processing.pls what can someone do if still yet resumption date passed.nd cic as nt answered u??

Pls I nid advice on dis pls hus

It is very fatal.

If you don't resume on time you won't be able to do your course registration and also partake in the orientation program which is mandatory for most schools.

This may lead to forfeiture of your admission. Mail the international admissions office and the program coordinator informing them of your predicament. They should advise you on what steps to take.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 10:41am On Jul 31, 2016
easyxtan:
This is real CHANGE....The cheapest flight to my destination nanaimo in Vancouver is #1,060,000 Lufthansa grin grin na economic oooo No be say na first class grin grin grin Where else can i find cheap flight

chisos... i will confidently defer my trip to January sef. wetin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2016
i just wish CIC can give people response really, this is crazy. some 14, 15 , 16 weeks nothing... by the time they will reply now and if you put the 30days to wait for gcms notes, and trying to defer and reply for january session, you will start running out of time as well... i wish i didn't give them my passport, i for done close this application myself and move on, wtf is all these crap. ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nigeriainfo: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2016
@michV Pls send ur email addr or fone numbr, I got sometin to ask u about the pgd admission. 08108916645
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by laimartins7(m): 11:26am On Jul 31, 2016
[color=#550000][/color]
happy Sunday everyone, my application is 9weeks plus & over 2months. i want to link my paper application to online account.
i want to know the MERITS & DEMERITS of linking paper app to online account. thank you in advance & God bless .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 11:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Gymme:
Na wifi be the way bro. No internet modem like naija. We fit connect off here.

Splendid bro.. You get skype or Bbm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
easyxtan:
This is real CHANGE....The cheapest flight to my destination nanaimo in Vancouver is #1,060,000 Lufthansa grin grin na economic oooo No be say na first class grin grin grin Where else can i find cheap flight

my friend is a travel agent. pm me if you need affordable tickets.
THIS GOES OUT TO EVERYONE HERE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
yemdogg:

Ensure to state clearly the steps you've taken to get information regarding your application. Also inform them that all steps taken proved abortive as you didn't get any tangible/cogent response from CIC. Before you write this letter, make sure you have exhausted all means such as CSE, emailing Accra visa office and the regular processing time has been exceeded.

Don't forget to mention your program start date. Tell them you're running out of time.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, MYSELF I HAVE NOT TRIED IT BEFORE, ALTHOUGH MY FRIEND DID AND IT SEEM TO HAVE WORKED FOR HIM. THERE'S NO GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL WORK BUH IT DOESN'T HURT TO TRY. I MEAN WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?

So many many people e-mail them on a daily basis and that's why you get auto responder mails after you send them an email. So basically even your e-mails are queued up to be attended to. I doubt they receive as much letters compared to emails.
The emails in your snapshots are embassy emails for general inquiries. They are NOT for visa or immigration inquiries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
lawmerchant:

The emails in your snapshots are embassy emails for general inquiries. They are NOT for visa or immigration inquiries.

The purport of the snapshot is to show the street address and the mailing address not the e-mail address. To know where to address the letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mzjennypher(f): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good day House,
please i need assistance, i have received my transcript from my university but it has a different age from my waec result. as at the time i gained admission i had to add a year to my age and now it carries the age on the transcript while my waec and other documents carries my real age. please assist on how i can handle this issue as i want to apply for Msc in canada.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
Swear an affidavit to the effect that your real age is the one on your birth certificate, waec result and Passport, not the one on your university transcript.
You don't need to give any explanation I believe...don't add any more lies to the situation.
If you are applying via paper route, attach a copy of the affidavit to the transcript.
If you are applying online, while merging the documents, ensure the affidavit follows immediately after the transcript.

mzjennypher:
Good day House,
please i need assistance, i have received my transcript from my university but it has a different age from my waec result. as at the time i gained admission i had to add a year to my age and now it carries the age on the transcript while my waec and other documents carries my real age. please assist on how i can handle this issue as i want to apply for Msc in canada.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thank you yemdogg...lemme look into it.

yemdogg:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2016
Team16:

Yea, I was given the same form which i used in mailing them since on the 24th June, I linked my application on the 29th July to still see my medical is required on my application. That's my confusion.

Dis is serious..

Then why do they update other peoples application within 3 days..
Why is it the people at CIC can't be trusted..

Are they trying to say the first come first served basis never reach ur side uptill now?

It's well my brother..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hello house, please I need some enquiries frm d gurus here, am applying for my MSc in canada, I have sent all d required documents including my transcript to d school, plz I lyk to know if the embassy will require my transcript as part of d documents to b submittd as we'll. Thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aflafla: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
toboy:

A relation who is currently in Canada needs to book the flight for you from here in Canada then forward you the tickets. Then you can pay the relation back. Also I feel like some Nigerian travel agencies do this but am not sure I need to ask a friend who recently traveled. Flight to Nigeria should not be more than 500k max no matter what.

Hi toboy!! Does it have to be a relation? Can anyone else book it, Like a friend or something?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jayslim1992: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hello people am i to use adobe reader for filling my cic information form? and secondly am i to make coloured photocopies of my documents or will the normal black and white be ok?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Would PM you and give you my details.

Welcome to the Beautiful British Columbia!

meekmk:

Splendid bro.. You get skype or Bbm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
steffans:

Dis is serious..

Then why do they update other peoples application within 3 days..
Why is it the people at CIC can't be trusted..

Are they trying to say the first come first served basis never reach ur side uptill now?

It's well my brother..

Meehn, I'm thinking of going to Canadian high commission on Monday since I can't go to Ghana cos they have my passport and Vfs according to them can't do anything. Please, what do you guys suggest?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lanrayx: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
I house, I have been following this thread since late last year but on and off..... i intend applying for a masters in Canada next year my choices are U of M, U of Toronto and simion Fraser university.... my Nysc service is due to end between September and October.... and I would like to ask for advice on when it is reasonable for me to start applying and some tips I should know.... meanwhile am looking at between July to September nxt year for admission Tnks again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Submit a student / unofficial copy if you have one...waste of money ordering another one from one Uni.
That's what I did anyway.

jurobi26:
Hello house, please I need some enquiries frm d gurus here, am applying for my MSc in canada, I have sent all d required documents including my transcript to d school, plz I lyk to know if the embassy will require my transcript as part of d documents to b submittd as we'll. Thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Multispanzy: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hello TRV Elders in the house, i greet all of u and i wish us ALL a successful TRV approval.
I have some concerns and will appreciate you guys to help address this concerns.

1. I submitted my application on 19th July,2016 via paper route, no upfront medicals. I didn't receive any acknowledgement mail from VFS but i was able to use my tracking ID and it was dispatched same day to Accra. But my concern is that i have tried linking my application online several times but the cic website keeps telling no application found. I input all details correctly.

2. I was offered an admission into Humber College, for Wireless Telecommunication program for September 6 to May,2017(9 Months). On my offer letter it was stated that i need to confirm and accept the offer before 3rd June,2016 and make tuition payment by 23rd June,2016. Initially i didn't want to accept the offer because the course is not that related to my UG degree or Work Experience, after waiting for other schools to offer admission without a response , my agent convinced me to go ahead with the application for study permit. i'm a chemical engineering graduate and work experience of over 5 years in HSE.

The agent accepted the offer on my behalf but i didn't make any tuition deposit as requested by the school, THE SCHOOL STATED THAT FAILURE TO CONFIRM MY ATTENDANCE OR PAY FEES BY DUE DATE WILL JEOPARDIZE MY PLACE IN THE PROGRAM. so do you guys think it will affect my chances of getting a TRV?

Although i hope to defer the admission til January having seen all the delays in TRV for PGD/PGC.

I sometimes check this thread even before my application so i had some ideas concerning the applications but not as much as i know now,so i decided to write a good SOP to defend the reason for my choice of program considering that my UD degree and work experience is not that related.
Generally from my application details what's my chances, Do you think i should get a new offer letter for January 2017 and send to CIC to backup my application?

thanks to the gurus in the house
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
My fellow travel hopefuls, I need you to help me answer these questions. I have a cousin as my sponsor, his surname is the same as mine, but the problem is that in his International bio data page, his place of birth differs from mine place of birth and he doesn't have birth certificate. Is this enough to prove relationship? 2. In his account, there is inflow of 9million in the last 6 months with a closing balance of 500k, can I rely on this account alone as funding, though I have full tuition funding frm my school. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
Team16:

Meehn, I'm thinking of going to Canadian high commission on Monday since I can't go to Ghana cos they have my passport and Vfs according to them can't do anything. Please, what do you guys suggest?

I don't know about now.. But u can travel with out a passport.. U will be paying almost 5k equivalent in every border..

I am not sure what happens now oo.. Pls confirm b4 u embark on the journey..

But my question is.. Will they attend to you? Since u are not on appointment.. Abi how do u intend to walking in there?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
Happy Sunday to all,begging anyone with a copy of letter from co-operative bank/ or statement of account to show proof of fund,please help me on this....I want to add it to the documents and the money is much over there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
overtlyderanged:

I'm just going to go right ahead and assume there's more to this application process than we're aware of. 5 freaking weeks? Lol crazy!

I was as astonished as anyone can be. He used pfl as agent that's all every other thing was normal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by luckyprince(m): 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thanx a mill @Dannylng

Please can anybody tell me the amount and the hosipital to use in Abuja

Dannylng:

30k in phc

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.