Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005930 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by chukzm: 4:23am On Aug 01, 2016
iykedare:

Bro,thanks for this info.

please can one start msc program in any universities in usa if yes please which requirements?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 4:36am On Aug 01, 2016
Multispanzy:
Hello TRV Elders in the house, i greet all of u and i wish us ALL a successful TRV approval.
I have some concerns and will appreciate you guys to help address this concerns.

1. I submitted my application on 19th July,2016 via paper route, no upfront medicals. I didn't receive any acknowledgement mail from VFS but i was able to use my tracking ID and it was dispatched same day to Accra. But my concern is that i have tried linking my application online several times but the cic website keeps telling no application found. I input all details correctly.

2. I was offered an admission into Humber College, for Wireless Telecommunication program for September 6 to May,2017(9 Months). On my offer letter it was stated that i need to confirm and accept the offer before 3rd June,2016 and make tuition payment by 23rd June,2016. Initially i didn't want to accept the offer because the course is not that related to my UG degree or Work Experience, after waiting for other schools to offer admission without a response , my agent convinced me to go ahead with the application for study permit. i'm a chemical engineering graduate and work experience of over 5 years in HSE.

The agent accepted the offer on my behalf but i didn't make any tuition deposit as requested by the school, THE SCHOOL STATED THAT FAILURE TO CONFIRM MY ATTENDANCE OR PAY FEES BY DUE DATE WILL JEOPARDIZE MY PLACE IN THE PROGRAM. so do you guys think it will affect my chances of getting a TRV?

Although i hope to defer the admission til January having seen all the delays in TRV for PGD/PGC.

I sometimes check this thread even before my application so i had some ideas concerning the applications but not as much as i know now,so i decided to write a good SOP to defend the reason for my choice of program considering that my UD degree and work experience is not that related.
Generally from my application details what's my chances, Do you think i should get a new offer letter for January 2017 and send to CIC to backup my application?

thanks to the gurus in the house

First and foremost, I am not a guru. I am still learning.

Below are my sentiments;

Firstly, michv already addressed the issue of program inconsistency. However, I won't discourage you as you have already submitted your application. there's only so much you can do now. I hope your sop was very convincing enough? What do you mean by HSE ? Is it related to your intending program? I won't dwell on this part cos apparently you have an idea of the implication of going for a program that's inconsistent with your undergrad discipline and work experience. I do not see any relationship/correlation between chemical engineering and wireless telecommunication other than the fact that they're both in the field off science. But then there's nothing God cannot do and am sure you must have written a very sound sop.

With regards linking your application online.. Are you sure you entered the details correctly and you entered the information exactly as contained on your application form? The place of birth is the one on your application form not the one on your passport.

The issue of not paying your fees before the deadline is very fatal to the outcome of your application. Infact it's even more important than program consistency. You may be delayed on purpose of visit. The strength of your study permit application is the fact that you have a valid admission letter and from the very day the deadline passed, your admission in the school becomes forfeited and as such the admission letter you submitted becomes a mere paper without any relevance as you no longer have a spot in the program. Without a valid admission letter, CIC may delay you or in some instances request for a new admission letter that's if you're lucky. They will verify these things from the school. Infact it even goes further to show that you may not be financially buoyant to pay your tuition fees as the VO may interpret your failure to pay your fees before the deadline as lack of funds to pay. Buh then there's nothing God cannot do. You have to pray even more. Non compliance with the conditions stated on your admission letter may jeopardise your application for study permit.

My advice wait for the outcome of your application. If it doesn't work out, choose another program that's related to your undergrad discipline or work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 4:43am On Aug 01, 2016
Team16:

Meehn, I'm thinking of going to Canadian high commission on Monday since I can't go to Ghana cos they have my passport and Vfs according to them can't do anything. Please, what do you guys suggest?
Waste of time. The gate men will be available to turn you back. Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by papidee01: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2016
Happy New Month to all TRV Hopeful, our Time Is Here, in God's Name
Cheers!!! wink

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by diggy4real: 6:43am On Aug 01, 2016
Anyone in university of sakaschewan for MSC or MEng? I mailed some supervisors and one that gave me a positive reply.....asked me for a 4 paged research proposal on my area of research in mechanical engineering MEng.....please, who has gone through this? How can I go about it?....anyone with useful tip on how to write this proposal will be appreciated.....thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omoluka: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2016
justwise:

Read this link for documents http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp
Good morning sir, please can you help me with cheap colleges where one can do pgd program in Canada (tuition between 10000-12000Cad) thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2016
diggy4real:
Anyone in university of sakaschewan for MSC or MEng? I mailed some supervisors and one that gave me a positive reply.....asked me for a 4 paged research proposal on my area of research in mechanical engineering MEng.....please, who has gone through this? How can I go about it?....anyone with useful tip on how to write this proposal will be appreciated.....thanks.

It is not hard. He wants to test your knowledge. You know your research area google up, but don't lift from google, understand the points and you create new ideas to improve the existing literature using your own words. New Ideas are not hard to create just think, think and think.

Lastly, ensure you include all citations and references very important. None should be missing for your own good, if not your whole proposal is a plagairised thrash.

Reach me on godfrypedro@rocketmail.com, I may be able to help when am chanced.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omoluka: 7:11am On Aug 01, 2016
Good morning house ,please, can anyone help me with cheap colleges where one can do pgd program in Canada (tuition between 10000-12000Cad) thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 7:11am On Aug 01, 2016
Happy New Month everyone. Welcome to the month of wonder.

My friend TRV has been approved and he wanna get married before leaving for maple land. Can the spouse apply for spouse open work permit immediately my friend leave naija to Canny?

If yes, what are the documents needed? Looking forward in seeing a reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Multispanzy: 7:47am On Aug 01, 2016
yemdogg:

First and foremost, I am not a guru. I am still learning.

Below are my sentiments;

Firstly, michv already addressed the issue of program inconsistency. However, I won't discourage you as you have already submitted your application. there's only so much you can do now. I hope your sop was very convincing enough? What do you mean by HSE ? Is it related to your intending program? I won't dwell on this part cos apparently you have an idea of the implication of going for a program that's inconsistent with your undergrad discipline and work experience. I do not see any relationship/correlation between chemical engineering and wireless telecommunication other than the fact that they're both in the field off science. But then there's nothing God cannot do and am sure you must have written a very sound sop.

With regards linking your application online.. Are you sure you entered the details correctly and you entered the information exactly as contained on your application form? The place of birth is the one on your application form not the one on your passport.

The issue of not paying your fees before the deadline is very fatal to the outcome of your application. Infact it's even more important than program consistency. You may be delayed on purpose of visit. The strength of your study permit application is the fact that you have a valid admission letter and from the very day the deadline passed, your admission in the school becomes forfeited and as such the admission letter you submitted becomes a mere paper without any relevance as you no longer have a spot in the program. Without a valid admission letter, CIC may delay you or in some instances request for a new admission letter that's if you're lucky. They will verify these things from the school. Infact it even goes further to show that you may not be financially buoyant to pay your tuition fees as the VO may interpret your failure to pay your fees before the deadline as lack of funds to pay. Buh then there's nothing God cannot do. You have to pray even more. Non compliance with the conditions stated on your admission letter may jeopardise your application for study permit.

My advice wait for the outcome of your application. If it doesn't work out, choose another program that's related to your undergrad discipline or work.

@yemdogg, Thanks for your brutal and honest response,I know very much better on how to package an application now haven learnt from my mistake and that of others.But God is man of possibilities and sure if am destined to go to Canada, even with my honest mistakes i can scale through,Am well prepared for any outcome, it's just the long wait of over 3 months that's my headache. At least if i have my passport i can plan other trips and movement but this one they practically seize passport for over 3 months no good o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2016
Ajibade105:

My friend TRV has been approved and he wanna get married before leaving for maple land. Can the spouse apply for spouse open work permit immediately my friend leave naija to Canny?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=dsquare4u post=48077180][/quote]

@Ajibade how far with your app. Expectig ur good news.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2016
jurobi26:
Hello house, please I need an inquiry on diz, my sponsor who is my uncle with d same surname has more thn enof funds for my statement of acct, bt I heard I need to have some amount in my account transfered from my sponsor, plz I need a clarification on this issue of bank statemnt, is it necessary dat my sponsor transfer some reasonable amount to my account?

If your sponsor can transfer funds why not? What could be more convincing? It's just that you have to eliminate the notion of overnight transfer. You won't pull out a SOA as soon as the transfer is made. You should give it some time like a month or more and explain what the fund ls are for. This is from a friend's experience and not just my idea.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:12am On Aug 01, 2016
Multispanzy:

@yemdogg, Thanks for your brutal and honest response,I know very much better on how to package an application now haven learnt from my mistake and that of others.But God is man of possibilities and sure if am destined to go to Canada, even with my honest mistakes i can scale through,Am well prepared for any outcome, it's just the long wait of over 3 months that's my headache. At least if i have my passport i can plan other trips and movement but this one they practically seize passport for over 3 months no good o.

It is well bro. God will perfect your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 9:19am On Aug 01, 2016
omoluka:
Good morning house ,please, can anyone help me with cheap colleges where one can do pgd program in Canada (tuition between 10000-12000Cad) thanks.
depending on the program you are going for,so what program are you planning to go for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2016
@yemdogg u be lawyer na,make i clr u frm my engineering inclined perspective.HSE= Health Safety and Environment.Moreover every Engineer is necessitated to have this certification which i have too and having a work experience in such field is an advantage to every practicing engineer.Lemme now take it back to @Multispanzy situation and the manner CIC does things.There is no correlation between chemical engineering as his UG,HSE as work experience and Wireless Communication as intended program.Moreover as your Agent stated that PGD/PGC is for people who want to change career,to me every1 is entitled to change career,but what matters is we are following due process according to the manner CIC assesses and judges application.Ok lemme give you a perfect example of changing career path in the concept of specilization of ones interest;
Engineering is diversified i.e having many elements integrated under the canopy of ENGINEERING.so if i have B.Eng in Computer Engineering, working as a computer engineer in any organisation and going for wireless communication as my intended program,this wireless communication can be considered but not absolute as a change of career still in my field of engineering but in a specialized field that is to say i have not deviated from my field of engineering or B.Eng in Elect/Elect, working as an Electrical Engineer and going for Wireless Communication,if any VO faults me on purpose of visit cos of program inconsistency na e be say na devil he/she be shocked shocked

merci!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2016
lawmerchant:

Waste of time. The gate men will be available to turn you back. Best of luck.

Please, what do you suggest I do because I don't know how to go about this issue again. Please advise me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2016
michV:
@yemdogg u be lawyer na,make i clr u frm my engineering inclined perspective.HSE= Health Safety and Environment.Moreover every Engineer is necessitated to have this certification which i have too and having a work experience in such field is an advantage to every practicing engineer.Lemme now take it back to @Multispanzy situation and the manner CIC does things.There is no correlation between chemical engineering as his UG,HSE as work experience and Wireless Communication as intended program.Moreover as your Agent stated that PGD/PGC is for people who want to change career,to me every1 is entitled to change career,but what matters is we are following due process according to the manner CIC assesses and judges application.Ok lemme give you a perfect example of changing career path in the concept of specilization of ones interest;
Engineering is diversified i.e having many elements integrated under the canopy of ENGINEERING.so if i have B.Eng in Computer Engineering, working as a computer engineer in any organisation and going for wireless communication as my intended program,this wireless communication can be considered but not absolute as a change of career still in my field of engineering but in a specialized field that is to say i have not deviated from my field of engineering or B.Eng in Elect/Elect, working as an Electrical Engineer and going for Wireless Communication,if any VO faults me on purpose of visit cos of program inconsistency na e be say na devil he/she be shocked shocked

merci!!!!

Baba michv I no sabi everything o even though I be lawyer. Chaii.

There's nothing wrong in changing career actually buh then it has to be systemic. You have to be very clear why you're choosing that field in such a way that the VO would reason with you. You don't just change career like you change clothes...you must have some extent of preparation for the career you're changing to. Either you must have worked for sometime in the new field/career or you must have obtained one or two certifications prior to changing your career. Most VOs would want to see your preparedness to thrive and face the challenges presented by your new field/career.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2016
Nigerian Naira vs Canadian Dollar

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omoluka: 10:07am On Aug 01, 2016
bjmme:
depending on the program you are going for,so what program are you planning to go for?
I wish to do pgd in environmental science.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 01, 2016
yemdogg:

Baba michv I no sabi everything o even though I be lawyer. Chaii.

There's nothing wrong in changing career actually buh then it has to be systemic. You have to be very clear why you're choosing that field in such a way that the VO would reason with you. You don't just change career like you change clothes...you must have some extent of preparation for the career you're changing to. Either you must have worked for sometime in the new field/career or you must have obtained one or two certifications prior to changing your career. Most VOs would want to see your preparedness to thrive and face the challenges presented by your new field/career.
i concur,very necessary with evidential document(s) and strong worded motivation..@yemdogg me no dey para mood again oo,if CIC want make dem stamp my passport for october,i ll be happy to defer to Winter session.i dont want this their fucking delay to be affecting my happiness again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 10:15am On Aug 01, 2016
omoluka:

I wish to do pgd in environmental science.

Why not try masters, many environmental science or related masters program available, for pgd you may see courses like environmental technology, occupational health and safety or HSE, but might not come as environmental science, but chek pgd schools tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rproxy88(m): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2016
Team16:

Please, what do you suggest I do because I don't know how to go about this issue again. Please advise me

Bro you can go with the receipt that was issueed to you after payment with the scanned copy of your passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2016
Ugoerico:
Greetings dear House members.
please I submitted my study permit application on 25th July for September resumption,but I'm regretting not doing medical upfront.can I just go ahead and still do de medicals even when I have nt been asked to do it. secondly,can one be denied visa based on not submitting on time? I am going for MSC.

they may return it based on not enough time to process it, i had same experience but thats long time around 2009. i don't know if they still return application when its short time to process it. by the way this usually don't mean refusal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by collykay: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello gurus in the house!

I've been following up this forum for two weeks now but as a guest.

Applied April 18, PGD, Mohawk college. For those of us, PGC/PGD awaiting TRV approvals Fear not for God is a God of impossibilities.

Here is his word for us: Ex 3:19-21, Ex11:2, Esther 2:15. He will deliver us and grant our TRV approvals this month just as he delivered Moses and his people. He will also grant us Favor like Esther but it is to us according to our faith Mark 16: 17. So there is hope!!!

I see your testimonies shared this week as your engage the scripture in Faith. AMEN!

21 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lekan282: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2016
Ajibade105:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:43am On Aug 01, 2016
michV:
i concur,very necessary with evidential document(s) and strong worded motivation..@yemdogg me no dey para mood again oo,if CIC want make dem stamp my passport for october,i ll be happy to defer to Winter session.i dont want this their fucking delay to be affecting my happiness again

Lol.....my program sef doesn't start until January. I applied like six months before program starts.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by amaragrace94: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2016
God's grace people
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=lekan282 post=48081596][/quote]
Ajibade105:
If yes, what are the documents needed? Looking forward in seeing a reply

Can someone please ans this question? @yemdogg @thesoj @justwise @michV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by leemond(m): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
Guy same here mohwak college applied April 15.we are heading together just believe it...all TRV hopeful it is certain we are receiving our Visa IJN...DELAY WILL SURELY TURN TO APPROVAL IJN...AMEN
collykay:

Hello gurus in the house!

I've been following up this forum for two weeks now but as a guest.

Applied April 18, PGD, Mohawk college. For those of us, PGC/PGD awaiting TRV approvals Fear not for God is a God of impossibilities.

Here is his word for us: Ex 3:19-21, Ex11:2, Esther 2:15. He will deliver us and grant our TRV approvals this month just as he delivered Moses and his people. He will also grant us Favor like Esther but it is to us according to our faith Mark 16: 17. So there is hope!!!

I see your testimonies shared this week as your engage the scripture in Faith. AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by diggy4real: 12:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sexyqueen2:

It is not hard. He wants to test your knowledge. You know your research area google up, but don't lift from google, understand the points and you create new ideas to improve the existing literature using your own words. New Ideas are not hard to create just think, think and think.

Lastly, ensure you include all citations and references very important. None should be missing for your own good, if not your whole proposal is a plagairised thrash.

Reach me on godfrypedro@rocketmail.com, I may be able to help when am chanced.

Cheers.

Sent u a mail...please kindly reply......thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.