Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007587 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ademuyiz(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hi guys, Quick question.

I'm applying with my family for a visitor visa to Canada, and there's just one of the forms I don't really understand. It's the "Statutory Declaration of common law union".

Is this a required document? Do I just fill it in and get it notarised?, or submit my certificate of marriage?

I plan to submit on Tuesday so a quick response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by espaciousay08: 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hi Room, someone told me to start an application with WES Canada. I don't know how the process goes.. Anybody in the house have a clue

Thanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ajayi4:
My fellow travel hopefuls, I need you to help me answer these questions. I have a cousin as my sponsor, his surname is the same as mine, but the problem is that in his International bio data page, his place of birth differs from mine place of birth and he doesn't have birth certificate. Is this enough to prove relationship? 2. In his account, there is inflow of 9million in the last 6 months with a closing balance of 500k, can I rely on this account alone as funding, though I have full tuition funding frm my school. Thanks

In the application form, there is a place where you're to declare available funds. Irrespective of the inflow in your sponsor account, a balance of 500k may not be sufficient to cover your living expenses and traveling cost. These VOs pay attention to both available balance and inflow and outflow in an account. Am guessing the full tuition funding does not cover your living expenses. According to CIC you're to maintain 10k cad in addition to your tuition fee. Granted that the funding from the school takes care of tuition fee what about the living expenses? Relying on your sponsor available balance of 500k may not be viable proof of funds. Also taking into account the fact that he's not reasonably expected to give you all the 500k. Tell your cousin to beef up his account or in the alternative get another sponsor. Irrespective of whether you have funding from the school or not, an available funds of 500k is too small.
You cannot declare 500k as available fund in the funds available section in IMM1294. It's just too small. It won't even cover your cost of transportation to canny.

You shouldn't worry much about the issue of place of birth... Even your parent may not have the same place of birth as you. As long as your surname is the same with his. His international passport suffices irrespective of whether you supplied his birth certificate or not.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thank you Yemdogg, really appreciate your reply. I have, since seeing his balance, been looking for an alternative. I want to have a co-sponsor. I have asked him to print other bank accounts for me since he said he had upto five accounts. Can I use three especially, the ones with more bal than the one I got?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ugoerico(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
Greetings dear House members.
please I submitted my study permit application on 25th July for September resumption,but I'm regretting not doing medical upfront.can I just go ahead and still do de medicals even when I have nt been asked to do it. secondly,can one be denied visa based on not submitting on time? I am going for MSC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ajayi4:
Thank you Yemdogg, really appreciate your reply. I have, since seeing his balance, been looking for an alternative. I want to have a co-sponsor. I have asked him to print other bank accounts for me since he said he had upto five accounts. Can I use three especially, the ones with more bal than the one I got?

You can use as many accounts as possible. As long as they bear the name of your sponsor or yours. Am glad I could help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
You must fill the form if u are married, I don't think u need to notarize it, I doubt it (unless it is stated). And u will need to submit ur marriage cert with other supporting documents
Ademuyiz:
Hi guys, Quick question.
I'm applying with my family for a visitor visa to Canada, and there's just one of the forms I don't really understand. It's the "Statutory Declaration of common law union".
Is this a required document? Do I just fill it in and get it notarised?, or submit my certificate of marriage?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hello house, please I need an inquiry on diz, my sponsor who is my uncle with d same surname has more thn enof funds for my statement of acct, bt I heard I need to have some amount in my account transfered from my sponsor, plz I need a clarification on this issue of bank statemnt, is it necessary dat my sponsor transfer some reasonable amount to my account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by herdeytohun: 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good evening everyone,
Please I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend.
She applied for study permit June 23rd and did biometrics June 24th. When she submitted her application, she was single.
She got married July 22nd (a month after she submitted her application) at the Ikoyi registry.
CIC has her record as a single lady, she is still expecting to get her medical mail and TRV approval.
How can she update her marital status from single to married? because of her husband
Is it necessary she updates her marital status?
Thanks for your anticipated response(s)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mrcodebreaker: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hello,

Considering applying for an MEng program. I noticed all MEng programs are 1 year. CIC says 2 years up qualifies you for 3 year PG work permit and 1 year qualifies you for 1 year. What are the prospects of getting PR with a 1 year MEng. As regards not applying for MSc, you know how much of a long thing that is, getting supervisor etc and most are full.

Kindly advise, Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
When CIC sends her a passport request, she should include her:
Wedding certificate
Affidavit of change of name
Newspaper publication notification of change of name
A letter of notification addressed to CIC explaining the change of name and and status due to marriage(optional)
An I.D bearing her new last name
Attach her old passport to her new passport (that's if she got a new passport to reflect her new last name)
herdeytohun:
Good evening everyone,
She applied for study permit June 23rd and did biometrics June 24th. When she submitted her application, she was single.
She got married July 22nd (a month after she submitted her application) at the Ikoyi registry.
CIC has her record as a single lady, she is still expecting to get her medical mail and TRV approval.
How can she update her marital status from single to married? because of her husband
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jredlom(m): 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
@Thesoj,Please how can I access Certificate of Acceptance of Quebec,I need one.I want to extend my study period from six weeks to one year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by herdeytohun: 9:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
@NonelikeGod
Thanks for your response
She is yet to process change of name and she still has her old passport with her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
It's not a must he transfer money into ur acct, all he need do is print his bank statement of acct(for 6months), get a letter from the bank, write u a sponsor letter (stating the amount he would make available to u each year) addressing it to d Canadian embassy and probably make an affidavit of support at the court that he would be sponsoring u for ur studies stating the amount he would make available to u each year
jurobi26:
Hello house, please I need an inquiry on diz, my sponsor who is my uncle with d same surname has more thn enof funds for my statement of acct, bt I heard I need to have some amount in my account transfered from my sponsor, plz I need a clarification on this issue of bank statemnt, is it necessary dat my sponsor transfer some reasonable amount to my account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
Multispanzy:
Hello TRV Elders in the house, i greet all of u and i wish us ALL a successful TRV approval.
I have some concerns and will appreciate you guys to help address this concerns.
1. I submitted my application on 19th July,2016 via paper route, no upfront medicals. I didn't receive any acknowledgement mail from VFS but i was able to use my tracking ID and it was dispatched same day to Accra. But my concern is that i have tried linking my application online several times but the cic website keeps telling no application found. I input all details correctly.
2. I was offered an admission into Humber College, for Wireless Telecommunication program for September 6 to May,2017(9 Months). On my offer letter it was stated that i need to confirm and accept the offer before 3rd June,2016 and make tuition payment by 23rd June,2016. Initially i didn't want to accept the offer because the course is not that related to my UG degree or Work Experience, after waiting for other schools to offer admission without a response , my agent convinced me to go ahead with the application for study permit. i'm a chemical engineering graduate and work experience of over 5 years in HSE.
The agent accepted the offer on my behalf but i didn't make any tuition deposit as requested by the school, THE SCHOOL STATED THAT FAILURE TO CONFIRM MY ATTENDANCE OR PAY FEES BY DUE DATE WILL JEOPARDIZE MY PLACE IN THE PROGRAM. so do you guys think it will affect my chances of getting a TRV?
Although i hope to defer the admission til January having seen all the delays in TRV for PGD/PGC.
I sometimes check this thread even before my application so i had some ideas concerning the applications but not as much as i know now,so i decided to write a good SOP to defend the reason for my choice of program considering that my UD degree and work experience is not that related.
Generally from my application details what's my chances, Do you think i should get a new offer letter for January 2017 and send to CIC to backup my application?
thanks to the gurus in the house
lemme be factual here cos i am already seeing an attention for "the purpose of visit". Ur UG,work experience and intended program,all never in no means related. To be sincere your Agent is wicked to have encouraged you without giving you advise on this glaring focus of any experienced VO examining ur application.bro i dnt think SOP would do the magic.the God that delivered me should salvage your application from this.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ugoerico(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ugoerico:
Greetings dear House members.
please I submitted my study permit application on 25th July for September resumption,but I'm regretting not doing medical upfront.can I just go ahead and still do de medicals even when I have nt been asked to do it. secondly,can one be denied visa based on not submitting on time? I am going for MSC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Khez: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Guys biko ,how much will i earn per hour working and schooling ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
espaciousay08:
Hi Room, someone told me to start an application with WES Canada. I don't know how the process goes.. Anybody in the house have a clue

Thanks..
What kind off Application do u intend to .. Academic transcript.. Or what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Khez: 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
bro how much do students earn working per hour?

princey83:

That is canada for you. People are very laid back here, and for the fact that they are government employees, that is not suprising. I have been to several developed countries and canada is one i find hard to understand how the system operates. Sometimes i wonder how they have been able to manage to keep their membership of being a developed country. This is the "least developed" developed country i have lived in.

@MichV...monday is a public holiday in Canada. Most likely would be observed by their high commisions too. Work resumes on tuesday the 2nd.The delay in processing is part of your orientation on canadian culture., you would soon realize that words like waitlist, long weekends, processing times e.t.c are common words here..lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by fakmurphy(m): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hi Everyone, please a friend of mine wants to know how easy is it to get PhD admission in Canada? He holds Bed(UI) and Msc (UK). Any university suggestion would help him. Thnx

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
Bro/sis, it depends on the job you get. No exact answer to your question.

Khez:
Guys biko ,how much will i earn per hour working and schooling ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damisa03: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good evening everyone, pls oooo I tried linking my application on the cic account, but was having difficulties... it kept asking for my application number. What does that mean? I submitted through the paper route. Pls kindly help.
Secondly, hope linking my application doesn't affect my application, because my application would be 10weeks by Wednesday without any medical call and school resume by August. Pls I need help urgently cos am tensed right now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Khez: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
whats the range like ? like from highest to lowest pay?
Gymme:
Bro/sis, it depends on the job you get. No exact answer to your question.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 1:05am On Aug 01, 2016
Damisa03:
Good evening everyone, pls oooo I tried linking my application on the cic account, but was having difficulties... it kept asking for my application number. What does that mean? I submitted through the paper route. Pls kindly help.
Secondly, hope linking my application doesn't affect my application, because my application would be 10weeks by Wednesday without any medical call and school resume by August. Pls I need help urgently cos am tensed right now

The Application number is the one that starts with an "S" followed by other numbers..

U will get those numbers when u are called for medicals..

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:26am On Aug 01, 2016
Ademuyiz:
Hi guys, Quick question.

That document is meant for people living together as husband and wife or partners without undergoing statutory marriage. The fact that you have a marriage certificate indicates that you underwent statutory marriage. Hence the form will not apply to you. You do not need to fill it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:31am On Aug 01, 2016
herdeytohun:
Good evening everyone,

Its better she leave the application as it is. Trying to update marital status at this point will not only require submitting a fresh application, it will further complicate things for her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Multispanzy: 1:33am On Aug 01, 2016
michV:
lemme be factual here cos i am already seeing an attention for "the purpose of visit". Ur UG,work experience and intended program,all never in no means related. To be sincere your Agent is wicked to have encouraged you without giving you advise on this glaring focus of any experienced VO examining ur application.bro i dnt think SOP would do the magic.the God that delivered me should salvage your application from this.

Thanx bro,from the things i learnt here i argued with my agent concerning the study and work experience correlation thing but the kept telling me it doesn't matter since it;s not MSc and that PGC or PGD candiadates are people who want to change career path...and many other excuses, but i believe there's nothing impossible for God to do. I made sure i put in my best in other areas of my application.

Meanwhile please can you comment on other areas of concerns i pointed out. @thesoj @yemdogg and other gurus please your attention is needed on my case. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Damisa03: 3:41am On Aug 01, 2016
steffans:

The Application number is the one that starts with an "S" followed by other numbers..

U will get those numbers when u are called for medicals..

Goodluck!
Thanks my brother... so that means my application is not yet linked and can't not be linked ontill I get a medical mail request before I can link my application? Secondly would I be getting mail on my application email or on the cic account? Because I have registered already and also updated my email on the cic account....but I was not able to link it. Pls I need your advice cos am totally lots now. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 3:56am On Aug 01, 2016
Damisa03:

Thanks my brother... so that means my application is not yet linked and can't not be linked ontill I get a medical mail request before I can link my application? Secondly would I be getting mail on my application email or on the cic account? Because I have registered already and also updated my email on the cic account....but I was not able to link it. Pls I need your advice cos am totally lots now. Thanks

Your application can be linked even before you get medical call. Just enter your information as contained on your application form. Your date of birth, your passport number etc. Do not use the option that requires your application number or UCI number. You already have an application number. Just link your application and you will get a mail from CIC containing your application number.

Just because you've registered an account on cic website or GCKEY doesn't mean you will receive emails from CIC regarding the status of your application. Except you link your application to the account that you created, you won't receive any email from CIC except medical request and when a final decision has been made. Infact in some instances, you may not even get an email from CIC even when your application has been approved. You can only track your application via vfs website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 4:01am On Aug 01, 2016
Happy new month guys!!! .... Our month of TRV chopping is here

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.