Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006738 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:

Ahaha ko ni s'ewu! Next month is so near, fret not, all will be well as God is in control. I'm at work now, I would check it out when I get home. All the best to you homie! cool
Thanks a lot big boss, I really appreciate
Make sure u clear road for your boys cus we are coming there soon by the grace of God....how pei chicks treating you lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2016
bayocanny:

Thanks a lot big boss, I really appreciate
Make sure u clear road for your boys cus we are coming there soon by the grace of God....how pei chicks treating you lol

Anytime bro! And no wahala, the road don dey paved already. Them PEI chicks dey oo, dem go soon start to dey wear all them tempting outfits cause Summer don dey knock for door grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by remainhidden: 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
oga thesoj ,how far our matter,it over three weeks now.
is my sop ready now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
Onyeoma3:

Welcome to Queen's University. Good to see someone on this thread coming to my domain.

Bro, i greet o. I'm applying to Queens University for Fall 2016 even though i submitted my application late that was yesterday. I did that because Laurie Philips encouraged me to. I'm applying for MSc Chemical Engineering (option Process system engineering). My stands are BSc Industrial Chemistry (4.01/5) and last 2yrs of BSc is 4.375/5; Pgd Chemical Engineering (4.48/5). Please what's my stand and when do you think i would hear from them? Please are you in queens and what department are you in. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:

Hehe thanks bro, I kinda stutter now when I open my mouth to speak it though, but still Yoruba tiwa n tiwa ni, abi? grin Honestly, when you sent that SOP I was busy as heck - I barely even check my personal email, just the school's email. I work part-time and I'm taking 5 courses. na die bro, not easy at all. But now that I'm "free" a little, perhaps I could be able to skim through it. Could you please resend it, and I promise to check it earliest. I'm so sorry again brudda! smiley

Abeg abeg don't comman be scaring us here cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pls. Anybody going to Lambton college this fall(sept) , just made payment for tuition and waiting for a receipt to proceed for study permit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Bamz:

Abeg abeg don't comman be scaring us here cheesy

Ahaha no be 'scaring' matter oo. No worry, you go see am yourself too. Na like play the thing go do you grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 11:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:

Ahaha no be 'scaring' matter oo. No worry, you go see am yourself too. Na like play the thing go do you grin

Canny, Career Builder...it's Hard work that makes the nation beautiful in the end.
Hope u make the crazy moni too oo grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by goalburner(m): 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
DanIndia:
Read the threads from Part 1 or 2. And do some surfing on vfs website

Boss, what is the maximum number of sponsors I can have for study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Teehp(f): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
DanIndia:
Why so ?
why
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Teehp(f): 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
bigyemi2000:
Live from Canadian high commission in Ghana
how is it going sir,please let them know some of us are resuming next month. We need our TRVS approved.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please can I go ahead and submit my visa application for fall resumption now?
I have a fish farm business not registered with CAC, that I intend to use as tie to Nigeria coupled with my family in Nigeria. Will that be good enough to proof my return to the country?

Also my wife will serve as a co-sponsor in addition to me being my sponsor. She works as a technologist in federal university of Technology Akure. Will it also boost my financial strenght?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2016
metrecube:

Applied to Western University also (Meng Structural Engineering) and Ryerson University (Master of Building Science). Although i have an admission from Conestoga college to study PGC in Construction Management but i'm holding on TRV application. I want to know outcome about the two Universities before applying for TRV. I dont think deposit fee of Ryerson should be a problem since its only 1000cad (N155,000.00). Lets carry each others along guys. TRV IS SURE THIS YEAR.

Just what I have been waiting for... You guys go get the TRV and let's ball in Canada together...

In unity... God will make it happen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 12:02am On Apr 15, 2016
expertman:

Please do western demands GRE for Admission?

No sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 12:58am On Apr 15, 2016
ceemac:

Just what I have been waiting for... You guys go get the TRV and let's ball in Canada together...

In unity... God will make it happen
Bro, are you still going next month or you have deferred till September. Are you still going to Western or you have gotten another admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KELVIN086: 1:21am On Apr 15, 2016
ceemac:

No sir
Did u pay any amount like part deposit of your tuition to reserve ur admission in western . , like the man that had to pay 1000 dollars to secure his admission space at ryerson.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KELVIN086: 1:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Team16:

Bro, i greet o. I'm applying to Queens University for Fall 2016 even though i submitted my application late that was yesterday. I did that because Laurie Philips encouraged me to. I'm applying for MSc Chemical Engineering (option Process system engineering). My stands are BSc Industrial Chemistry (4.01/5) and last 2yrs of BSc is 4.375/5; Pgd Chemical Engineering (4.48/5). Please what's my stand and when do you think i would hear from them? Please are you in queens and what department are you in. Thanks
But their deadline Don pass na.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Opoki(m): 2:17am On Apr 15, 2016
3jayz:
@ thesoj
I have read the bulk of parts 7, 8,9 and 10 on this thread and have even specifically read all of your posts...
I am a super complicated applicant
Over ten years study gap...I have work experience filling that up o
Married with 3 kids whom I plan on taking with me for my one year PGC in HRM @Georgian college.(B.sc in Accounting and Finance and over 7yrs experience in bank, just about one year work experience in a HR firm)
Only one of my kids requires a TRV as the other 2 are U.S. citizens. My husband is not joining us as he has a good job in Naija and would be sponsoring the trip.
Please I need you to help go through my SOP and help with pointers on where I need to make corrections.
I tried sending you a message, I don't know if you got it.

I understand you must be really busy but I can assure you my SOP is devoid of grammatical errors.
Take your time and plan for MBA, thhank me later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 2:21am On Apr 15, 2016
Team16:

Greetings bro. Good to know you've put in your application already. Your academic standing is very cool and since she encouraged you to apply, you don't have any cause for alarm, WCS you defer to winter session. Were you able to get a supervisor before applying cos that's a determinant to your getting a fast and favorable response.

And yes sir, I school at Queen’s, Chemical Engineering.

Goodluck in your application and hope to see you soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 2:25am On Apr 15, 2016
KELVIN086:

But their deadline Don pass na.

That's official deadline bro, you can apply for admission at anytime especially if you secure a supervisor for a research based program. In my case, I applied in March and started in May (was already in Canada then, so didn't have to worry about TRV)...

These rules are made by men afterall....That said though, they're very strict with their deadlines especially if you don't have an internal back-up...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by 3jayz(f): 6:32am On Apr 15, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
Opoki:

Take your time and plan for MBA, thhank me later.

Thanks @Opoki, unfortunately I graduated with a second class lower, and theuniversities I checked with required a second class upper...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by shekinahola: 7:24am On Apr 15, 2016
Hello all,
After following this forum for some time i realize there are still good people in Nigeria who can help with love.
Kudos to you all.

I have a family friend's son who got admission into Carleton university to study Biochemistry(Undergraduate) and wants to apply for the visa.
My question is that can a fixed deposit account be used as sponsor account to apply for a canadian Visa?

Thanks for your swift response.

God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 7:27am On Apr 15, 2016
3jayz:
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks @Opoki, unfortunately I graduated with a second class lower, and theuniversities I checked with required a second class upper...

I kindly advice you opt for the GMAT/GRE route. It will increase your chances of securing admission/funding. It's not easy but with special arrangements, even the Devil can see God. cheesy
Godspeed bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 7:33am On Apr 15, 2016
shekinahola:
Hello all,
After following this forum for some time i realize there are still good people in Nigeria who can help with love.
Kudos to you all.

I have a family friend's son who got admission into Carleton university to study Biochemistry(Undergraduate) and wants to apply for the visa.
My question is that can a fixed deposit account be used as sponsor account to apply for a canadian Visa?

Thanks for your swift response.

God bless you.

It can be used.
However you should get an affirmation letter from the bank categorically stating the fixed sum maturity date and hinting on its purpose when liquidated.
All you need to do is convince the VO beyond every reasonable doubts that the said sum is available for study purposes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Teos: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2016
@bigyemi2000 I applied on the 13th January 2016 with upfront medical, got medical pass on the 23rd of February. Till now no mail from CIC! so what should I do ?? Carry a mattress and go slip at the from of Canada high commission then... You're so funny ehn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2016
Carter001:
Pls. Anybody going to Lambton college this fall(sept) , just made payment for tuition and waiting for a receipt to proceed for study permit.
Pls what method of payment, at what rate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2016
P

PLS who knows the banks that gives PTA (Personal Travel Allowance) without much delay?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bobola8x: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2016
DanIndia:
January 2017 ? I think it's a bit early. The officers are only evaluating May intakes now and not for fall. Either ways, you can submit but I believe the processing won't start until about months after.

All the best.

False information. You have no proof they are evaluating only May intake now as you claimed. Last year, my admission was for Fall 2015 and i applied and got my trv by January. They answered me even before most May applicant I know on this thread then. And it's. Ever too early!! The OP can apply now

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2016
Carter001:
Me me me. I'm waiting for lambton to send me the confirmation of the payment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2016
Banks say no Canadian dollars, so my schl fee was paid in US dollars
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Opoki(m): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2016
3jayz:
[color=#006600][/color]

What was your last 2yrs graduating cgpa? Intensify your research, you'll get a university, your work experience is a plus.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2016
Jayne07:
Banks say no Canadian dollars, so my schl fee was paid in US dollars

through which bank?

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.