Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,941 members, 7,828,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1010176 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:31am On Apr 15, 2016
Jayne07:
Banks say no Canadian dollars, so my schl fee was paid in US dollars
Yes they don't do Canadian dollar, your fees will be converted to US dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Mine was paid in CAD I filled my form myself..
Arcayo:

Yes they don't do Canadian dollar, your fees will be converted to US dollar
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by 3jayz(f): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Opoki:

What was your last 2yrs graduating cgpa? Intensify your research, you'll get a university, your work experience is a plus.

300level 3.73
400level 3.29

Do you have any universities you could suggest?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eruditor: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jayne07:
Banks say no Canadian dollars, so my schl fee was paid in US dollars

I mean this is wrong on all levels. It is also fraudulent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 12:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
olah23:
Mine was paid in CAD I filled my form myself..
You can fill form in CAD but all international transactions were done in US dollar even pounds....you can confirm from your account officer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eruditor: 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bawss1:

Somebody is busy warning people not to apply via online route because of his own experience. That's so wrong. Applications, whether via online or paper route, are treated on a case by case basis. There is nothing wrong with sending in your application via the online route. Delays may happen that is why people are advised to send in their applications early to accommodate any delays.

Warning people not to apply online is baseless just like the idea that a new set of CIC staff are processing applications. Baseless talk.

I agree.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by shekinahola: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
kife:

It can be used.
However you should get an affirmation letter from the bank categorically stating the fixed sum maturity date and hinting on its purpose when liquidated.
All you need to do is convince the VO beyond every reasonable doubts that the said sum is available for study purposes.

@Kife Thanks for your response.
I will get back to you if any other issues arises.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
You just clearly stated that was last year, right ? And I don't think you read my comment properly. We all know Embassies will not bounce your application no matter when you submit but will not process it at this moment because right now they are working on May in-takes. And you applied last year January, right? This isn't January, this is April. They had lots of time and less applications to handle when you applied. Most applications for May in-takes haven't even been submitted then - as people are still waiting for admission letters from their schools in Canada. Right now, VOs are busy working on Applications for students who start classes next month. I don't think they'll attend to those who are resuming January next year.

And last but not the least, your case is different from the OP's. I still find it hard to believe that you got a TRV in January when you are supposed to start classes in September. If you had gotten your TRV in January then you must have filed for visa in December. How did the school give you an admission letter for a fall in-take when they haven't even finished evaluating for Winter I'm not saying this isn't possible - I'm just saying there is only a handful of applicants that would get their visa at such time frames.
Bobola8x:

False information. You have no proof they are evaluating only May intake now as you claimed. Last year, my admission was for Fall 2015 and i applied and got my trv by January. They answered me even before most May applicant I know on this thread then. And it's. Ever too early!! The OP can apply now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
I don't know for sure. I've seen applicants who've used two sponsors and still added their statement of account.
goalburner:

Boss, what is the maximum number of sponsors I can have for study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Yes, that's not bad at all. Current applicants will be handled this month/April. After then, September in-takes.
ExeatGhana:

Thanks Bro
Am looking at first week in June
8 weeks from that will be August which is not bad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eruditor: 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Arcayo:

You can fill form in CAD but all international transactions were done in US dollar even pounds....you can confirm from your account officer

This is not true if by "all international transactions were done in US Dollar" you mean the actual conversions were done using 199N to a $. No matter the legal tender used to facilitate international transactions, your bank is mandated to make the conversions based on the subsisting rate as instructed by the CBN. So in other words, if I was to pay CAD to a school in Canada that should have set me back by 1M Naira. Even if my bank used USD to make the payment, I am only to be setback by the same 1M Naira and not 1.3M (because they used USD). THAT'S A FRAUD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
How come it's not solid enough for a tie ? I've applied several times for Visas (not necessarily a Student Visa) and I've included my Rental Agreements. That plus studies has only been my tie to any country that I've lived in. You just never know.
In terms of Student Visa applications, it may not really hold ground as it's a long term visa. This is helpful only when you apply for a Visitor's visa. I wouldn't count a lot on it though but it's not harmful to throw it out there too.
pampem:

Rental agreement? tie? this is not an investment nor property that yields income. that's not solid enough for a tie

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Eruditor:

This is not true if by "all international transactions were done in US Dollar" you mean the actual conversions were done using 199N to a $. No matter the legal tender used to facilitate international transactions, your bank is mandated to make the conversions based on the subsisting rate as instructed by the CBN. So in other words, if I was to pay CAD to a school in Canada that should have set me back by 1M Naira. Even if my bank used USD to make the payment, I am only to be setback by the same 1M Naira and not 1.3M (because they used USD). THAT'S A FRAUD
We are saying the same thing, I didn't say if you are to paying $1000CAD bank will deduct $1000USD but they transact international funds in USD so the equivalent of $1000 CAD in USD will be transferred.
If the guy is charged in USD equivalent he should confirm from the school how much they received from him then he can conclude if it's fraud or mistake from the transaction officer then he can take it up with them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Jayne07:

Me me me. I'm waiting for lambton to send me the confirmation of the payment

If you have a Telex copy of the payment from bank , I guess you could send it to the school and ask for a receipt of payment so you can go ahead with the visa process
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gbemirado: 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hmmm, don't count on dat time frame ooo. Gather ur docs and submit as soon as u can cos d process now is unpredictable.
ExeatGhana:

Thanks Bro
Am looking at first week in June
8 weeks from that will be August which is not bad

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bigyemi2000: 1:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
Let me break your heart now.I met directly with the ambassador..I did my medicals in Ghana yesterday and my study permit was approved few minutes ago..would screen munch it for the house to see when am in Lagos #bye
Teos:
@bigyemi2000 I applied on the 13th January 2016 with upfront medical, got medical pass on the 23rd of February. Till now no mail from CIC! so what should I do ?? Carry a mattress and go slip at the from of Canada high commission then... You're so funny ehn

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
brother there is nothing like attending to one intake before the other......
applications are attended to on a turn by turn basis irrespective of which admission it is...
you will agree there are a whole lot of may applicants that have no reply yet....
DanIndia:
Yes, that's not bad at all. Current applicants will be handled this month/April. After then, September in-takes.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
Onyeoma3:

Greetings bro. Good to know you've put in your application already. Your academic standing is very cool and since she encouraged you to apply, you don't have any cause for alarm, WCS you defer to winter session. Were you able to get a supervisor before applying cos that's a determinant to your getting a fast and favorable response.

And yes sir, I school at Queen’s, Chemical Engineering.

Goodluck in your application and hope to see you soon.

I'm very pleased that we're in same department. Please is your official name Ikenna? Yea, i think that's what it'll lead to deferring to winter cos she said if It's not possible this fall then winter or summer whichever one that works out. I'll need your help with regards to securing a supervisor because the one's I mailed said they're already full that I should keep on trying. Laurie said even though it is necessary, i don't need to secure one b4 applying. I know it's needful to secure a supervisor before applying in order to fast track my admission. Due to the fact that it's a system you're into please can you help with list of supervisors you think I can speak with? . I have spoken to some of them n yet no positive response, the likes of li, guay, etc. I saw your comment about anyone who wants control options should contact you, how about that? Is it still open? These are my options process system engineering, fuel cell, and environmental. Please who do you think I should speak to that can give me a positive response. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
brother...
Until you screen munch to me you are lying
bigyemi2000:
Let me break your heart now.I met directly with the ambassador..I did my medicals in Ghana yesterday and my study permit was approved few minutes ago..would screen munch it for the house to see when am in Lagos #bye

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
You think so or you know so ? It's almost impossible for you to see a FALL applicant with VISA right when they are handling the current in-takes. I'm saying this from what I know. If any FALL applicant submits now, they process the current in-takes before that. This is for sure
hayqinsbFX:
brother there is nothing like attending to one intake before the other......
applications are attended to on a turn by turn basis irrespective of which admission it is...
you will agree there are a whole lot of may applicants that have no reply yet....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
bigyemi2000:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
okay.
i have heard you
DanIndia:
You think so or you know so ? It's almost impossible for you to see a FALL applicant with VISA right when they are handling the current in-takes. I'm saying this from what I know. If any FALL applicant submits now, they process the current in-takes before that. This is for sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
Are you for serious ?
bigyemi2000:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gbemirado: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
Congratulations bro. Pls i will like to knw hw it went and also d contact of d lawyer u used. Safe trip....
bigyemi2000:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
DanIndia:

Bros,
Bobola applied last year jan for sept 2015 intake and got travel. There is nothing like V.O is attending to May applicants now. It's on turn by turn basis. So anyone can apply. As per admission, as at Nov, last year, I got MBA admission already and I could as well apply Jan if I wanted but had to be in US for vacation last month and needed my passport. So you can apply anytime for trv irrespective of your resumption time.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
DanIndia:
How come it's not solid enough for a tie ? I've applied several times for Visas (not necessarily a Student Visa) and I've included my Rental Agreements. That plus studies has only been my tie to any country that I've lived in. You just never know.
In terms of Student Visa applications, it may not really hold ground as it's a long term visa. This is helpful only when you apply for a Visitor's visa. I wouldn't count a lot on it though but it's not harmful to throw it out there too.

For student visa, it's a NO.NO. not a tie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bobola8x:

False information. You have no proof they are evaluating only May intake now as you claimed. Last year, my admission was for Fall 2015 and i applied and got my trv by January. They answered me even before most May applicant I know on this thread then. And it's. Ever too early!! The OP can apply now
@bobola, how you. You should almost be through with a year now. I hail. Rgds to madam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krisez: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Niggaz tho, you got your permit after going to Ghana to meet with the ambassador bro wtf seriously c'mon na ahnahn ahhnahnn!!!

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bobola8x:

True talk, never too early to apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
bigyemi2000:
lol. An ambassador has nothing to do with issuance of visa. stop lying. People here are not kids.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bobola8x:

True talk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tele43SION: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Please enlighten me.

I want to further on my education in Canada. I have HND in Accountancy with Distinction grade.

1) Please which programme can i go for? a Master programme, Post Graduate Programme, or Advanced Diploma?
2) Which of the universities in Canada will accept my qualification for any of the programme you advised in your response in (1) above?
3) Will I be eligible to work while studying in Canada?
4) Please i will appreciate any other information that will be of help as i am a novice as far as studying i Canada is concerned.

Thank you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.