Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006693 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Oseni007(m): 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nairaland.....The Home of speculation,Anticipation,baseless talk and most especially self acclaimed Visa Officer.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
princey83:

lol. An ambassador has nothing to do with issuance of visa. stop lying. People here are not kids.
Dont say that bro. He promised to send picture when he get to lag. so lets wait for him. Nothing is impossible under the heaven.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=Bleuocean post=44722510]

through which bank?[/quote
First Bank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
What part of "In terms of Student Visa applications, it may not really hold ground as it's a long term visa" from my comment is confusing ? We both know this is a thread for those who are traveling to Canada... it's not solely for student visa applications.
I've pointed clearly that this can be a tie if you don't own a house (property declaration) and not necessarily a student visa application.
pampem:

For student visa, it's a NO.NO. not a tie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Oh really ? You're right then. I guess the applicant can go ahead and apply then.
pampem:

Bros,
Bobola applied last year jan for sept 2015 intake and got travel. There is nothing like V.O is attending to May applicants now. It's on turn by turn basis. So anyone can apply. As per admission, as at Nov, last year, I got MBA admission already and I could as well apply Jan if I wanted but had to be in US for vacation last month and needed my passport. So you can apply anytime for trv irrespective of your resumption time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
metrecube:

Dont say that bro. He promised to send picture when he get to lag. so lets wait for him. Nothing is impossible under the heaven.
The guy just dey play naa, you dey wait for the pictures ni? This one na impossible bro...with terrorist attack threat in Ghana now even if you carry SAN you think Dem go allow you see Ambassador without appointment? Even to enter embassy....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Arcayo:

You can fill form in CAD but all international transactions were done in US dollar even pounds....you can confirm from your account officer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
metrecube:

Bro, are you still going next month or you have deferred till September. Are you still going to Western or you have gotten another admission?

Mind not totally made up yet... But September is looking the deal as k have got some matters to attend to...

Western its seeming tho...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
KELVIN086:

Did u pay any amount like part deposit of your tuition to reserve ur admission in western . , like the man that had to pay 1000 dollars to secure his admission space at ryerson.

Bro I did not... I have answered this before tho...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2016
kife:

Canny, Career Builder...it's Hard work that makes the nation beautiful in the end.
Hope u make the crazy moni too oo grin

Ahaha na so oo bro! We dey try find our own too. God go bless our hustle cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
Onyeoma3:

That's official deadline bro, you can apply for admission at anytime especially if you secure a supervisor for a research based program. In my case, I applied in March and started in May (was already in Canada then, so didn't have to worry about TRV)...

These rules are made by men afterall....That said though, they're very strict with their deadlines especially if you don't have an internal back-up...

I want to kindly make an enquiry about the possibility of changing from experience...

Do you mind I send a PM?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bobola8x: 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
DanIndia:
You just clearly stated that was last year, right ? And I don't think you read my comment properly. We all know Embassies will not bounce your application no matter when you submit but will not process it at this moment because right now they are working on May in-takes. And you applied last year January, right? This isn't January, this is April. They had lots of time and less applications to handle when you applied. Most applications for May in-takes haven't even been submitted then - as people are still waiting for admission letters from their schools in Canada. Right now, VOs are busy working on Applications for students who start classes next month. I don't think they'll attend to those who are resuming January next year.

And last but not the least, your case is different from the OP's. I still find it hard to believe that you got a TRV in January when you are supposed to start classes in September. If you had gotten your TRV in January then you must have filed for visa in December. How did the school give you an admission letter for a fall in-take when they haven't even finished evaluating for Winter I'm not saying this isn't possible - I'm just saying there is only a handful of applicants that would get their visa at such time frames.
My guy, you don't have to believe. Btw, I didn't apply in December, I applied January and I got medical in 5 days plus passport request and collection all within 2weeks. That can happen to anyone too cos I didn't do anything in a special way. Am sure older people on this thread will remember. And just so you know, a lot of people were waiting for their trv for January in take when I applied. A lot applied already for May too, and I applied for Fall my guy. As per my admission, ask the school cheesy . Got my admission by December and again, for FALL! Like I said earlier, you don't have to believe. But just don't discourage anyone with anything you can't prove. Everyone's case is different and not tied to semester intake. Peace!

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Arcayo:

The guy just dey play naa, you dey wait for the pictures ni? This one na impossible bro...with terrorist attack threat in Ghana now even if you carry SAN you think Dem go allow you see Ambassador without appointment? Even to enter embassy....
Lol. Don't mind him.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bobola8x: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
pampem:

@bobola, how you. You should almost be through with a year now. I hail. Rgds to madam

My Oga I dey o. Last exam of the semester today. So yea, one year gone. How time flies right! Just 2 weeks break though and spring semester starts. Will spend part of my 2 weeks on this thread again grin How are you doing though?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Dude, how's that discouragement ? You made your point clear. Yours was entirely fast and different.. and again, that was last year. Things are totally different now. It takes a least a month to even get medical requests now.
I'd admit it. You are right, I was wrong. But your case was totally and way fast. medical in 5 days plus passport request? When was the last time you heard that on this thread ?
Bobola8x:

My guy, you don't have to believe. Btw, I didn't apply in December, I applied January and I got medical in 5 days plus passport request and collection all within 2weeks. That can happen to anyone too cos I didn't do anything in a special way. Am sure older people on this thread will remember. And just so you know, a lot of people were waiting for their trv for January in take when I applied. A lot applied already for May too, and I applied for Fall my guy. As per my admission, ask the school cheesy . Got my admission by December and again, for FALL! Like I said earlier, you don't have to believe. But just don't discourage anyone with anything you can't prove. Everyone's case is different and not tied to semester intake. Peace!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bobola8x: 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
DanIndia:
Dude, how's that discouragement ? You made your point clear. Yours was entirely fast and different.. and again, that was last year. Things are totally different now. It takes a least a month to even get medical requests now.
I'd admit it. You are right, I was wrong. But your case was totally and way fast. medical in 5 days plus passport request? When was the last time you heard that on this thread ?
Ok. It's well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lonzo(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Arcayo:

Guy leg long pass leg ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
lonzo:

Guy leg long pass leg ooooo
I hear you boss, you go carry lawyer go there too? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kusibana: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
Good evening pals. I have been admitted to university of Alberta for Masters in Nursing for fall 2016. I learnt from the department scholarship will be available from June. Can I wait till I get scholarship before applying for the visa since I don't have enough money to fund my education without scholarship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
Arcayo:

That guy wey come dey say he go Ghana go chop trv meeting with ambassador, he think say we be pikin here ooo, u go meet ambassador without appointment, lol o e come dey say leg long pass leg too, I laugh tire cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Reetha: 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
goalburner:

Same month as mine. How far with the readiness of ur documents? Still compiling mine though
still compiling mine 2 nd I'm waiting 4 unconditional letter of acceptance. which course r u goin 4 nd which level
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
what's d chances of getting trv when CIC requests for a new admission letter with another start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
Oseni007:
Nairaland.....The Home of speculation,Anticipation,baseless talk and most especially self acclaimed Visa Officer.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lonzo(m): 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
Arcayo:

I don call Keyamo. me sef dey go on Monday

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kusibana: 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
kusibana:
Good evening pals. I have been admitted to university of Alberta for Masters in Nursing for fall 2016. I learnt from the department scholarship will be available from June. Can I wait till I get scholarship before applying for the visa since I don't have enough money to fund my education without scholarship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krisez: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
FEBRUARY, 2016
The Canadian Bar Association (CBA), the largest professional association for lawyers in Canada, has requested an emergency meeting with officials from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly known as CIC) to discuss technical and client service issues, particularly with respect to online services.
In a letter sent to the Director General of IRCC’s Operational Management and Coordination, three principal areas of concern were outlined by the Chair of the CBA Immigration Law Section, Stéphane Duval. These related to:
webform inquiries not being reviewed and/or forwarded to the office handling the case;
requests for additional documents to be submitted mid-processing, yet ports for the documents to be uploaded not opening; and
Case Review taking 30 days or more to respond to enquiries.
Members of the CBA are currently compiling a list of related issues and examples to further illustrate the issues raised in the letter, which was publicized on February 10, 2016 in National magazine, the official periodical of the CBA.
‘These technical and client service issues have resulted in numerous cases being closed or refused due to “incomplete” applications or for a “failure to provide requested documents,” when documents have been provided via the webform or portal (and often via an additional back-up method, such as courier or email to the responsible office). The additional documents are simply not being properly reviewed, noted or matched up to the in-progress application,’ states the letter.
‘In the meantime, people are out of work, damages are accruing, and there is no simple or expeditious way to resolve issues that stem from inefficiencies and problems with IRCC’s tools and service options.’

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krisez: 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
krisez:
FEBRUARY, 2016
The Canadian Bar Association (CBA), the largest professional association for lawyers in Canada, has requested an emergency meeting with officials from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly known as CIC) to discuss technical and client service issues, particularly with respect to online services.
In a letter sent to the Director General of IRCC’s Operational Management and Coordination, three principal areas of concern were outlined by the Chair of the CBA Immigration Law Section, Stéphane Duval. These related to:
webform inquiries not being reviewed and/or forwarded to the office handling the case;
requests for additional documents to be submitted mid-processing, yet ports for the documents to be uploaded not opening; and
Case Review taking 30 days or more to respond to enquiries.
Members of the CBA are currently compiling a list of related issues and examples to further illustrate the issues raised in the letter, which was publicized on February 10, 2016 in National magazine, the official periodical of the CBA.
‘These technical and client service issues have resulted in numerous cases being closed or refused due to “incomplete” applications or for a “failure to provide requested documents,” when documents have been provided via the webform or portal (and often via an additional back-up method, such as courier or email to the responsible office). The additional documents are simply not being properly reviewed, noted or matched up to the in-progress application,’ states the letter.
‘In the meantime, people are out of work, damages are accruing, and there is no simple or expeditious way to resolve issues that stem from inefficiencies and problems with IRCC’s tools and service options.’
SOURCE www.cicnews.com FOR VERIFICATIONS AND CLARIFICATIONS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by goalburner(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Reetha:
still compiling mine 2 nd I'm waiting 4 unconditional letter of acceptance. which course r u goin 4 nd which level
Masters. Education.
Unconditional? But I thought conditional acceptance from UBC doesn't affect immigration process. Hope u understand what I mean.
Also
**I PMed u yesterday**
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VICTORDEBELS: 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Warm greetings! FIRSTLY: as per those acting as the VOs, thank u for the SOS(save our soul) responses! But please, always back your advice up with 'facts and figures' so that some pple wn't get confused and deceived after all. SECONDLY(AN ADVICE TO THE EARLY APPLICANTS): if u think that ur app docs are worthy of submission/approval, apply. This is bcause a particular doc may be ready now and may not at a later time(examples; SOAs, sponsorshp docs etc). FACTS: 1. Sept.TRV has been approved. 2. A friend of mine has to wait until nxt yr for his sponsor's SOA to get back to life. I stand to be corrected, though. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kusibana: 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello house please is anyone heading for university of Alberta this fall.Urgent

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.