Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008515 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hello My People, congrats for those who have received travels o. We shall all receive IJN. Pls Yemdogg, MichV and other gurus, how am I in good shape if I have two sponsors who declare (3) each, but promised 1.5 million for the first year, and they have 1.5 and 2.0 in their accounts respectively. Weigh this in the light of the school funding which covers tuition and virtually accommodation fee for a year. How bright is my chance with these. Hope I won't be denied on insufficient funds...Pls answer me my people.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ajayi4:
Hello My People, congrats for those who have received travels o. We shall all receive IJN. Pls Yemdogg, MichV and other gurus, how am I in good shape if I have two sponsors who declare (3) each, but promised 1.5 million for the first year, and they have 1.5 and 2.0 in their accounts respectively. Weigh this in the light of the school funding which covers tuition and virtually accommodation fee for a year. How bright is my chance with these. Hope I won't be denied on insufficient funds...Pls answer me my people.

First and foremost, how much is your tuition fees ? Have you calculated your estimated cost/expense in a year?

Answer these questions and let the gurus in the house advise you on your question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2016
My funding is $8k per year and tuition is 3,700 per year

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by seunskills: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
yemdogg:

You can use case enquiry for verification of status, replacement and amendment of documents among other things.

It's quite easy.

You're to fill a form and then there is a box provided for your to write a letter to CIC explaining why the documents is necessary for your application and that such documents may affect the outcome of your application. Not more than 1500 words

Follow the link below

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

There's no guarantee.... And I learnt sometimes they may not even respond. But it doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks chief.
Going right ahead.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
I have calculated it to be $19.5, I mean fund available., funding $8,000 per year, tuition, 3,700 per year, Board and ACC. 10, 000 and others $3,000
I have 4, 300 excess from funding. I just deducted 4, 000 from 13, 000, personally o, not in the form o. I guess, I have about 9, 000 to provide per year and that is about 2, 190,000.00 in naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Please do CIC accept bank wire transfer advice/telex copy as proof of payment of school fees in place of the school fees receipt?

Because I have sent the telex copy of my school fees to my University on last Thursday but no response yet.

What do I do now as I plan applying for visa next week?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 7:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yemdogg, others, I have posted the calculation. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by JuneFirst: 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mikymiko:
Please do CIC accept bank wire transfer advice/telex copy as proof of payment of school fees in place of the school fees receipt?

Because I have sent the telex copy of my school fees to my University on last Thursday but no response yet.

Yes, they do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
You can go to submit. Their office is it lekki third round-about. Just tell the bus conductor that you will stop at the third round-about. After stopping, cross to the other side of the road and go in through the gate and ask. VFS office is just right visible at the entrance.
Pheisharah:

Can I go der to still submit, do u know d directions or is it just d Ikeja office that collects visa application in Lagos?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
CoCoLav:

cheesy cheesy

Been around

I see you are still here. How are you doing?

Nice to know, m still here ooo

I'm doing well thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ajayi4:
I have calculated it to be $19.5, I mean fund available., funding $8,000 per year, tuition, 3,700 per year, Board and ACC. 10, 000 and others $3,000
I have 4, 300 excess from funding. I just deducted 4, 000 from 13, 000, personally o, not in the form o. I guess, I have about 9, 000 to provide per year and that is about 2, 190,000.00 in naira.

Boss i still dont get your analysis of your funds available.

How did you arrive at 19.5k cad ? do you have funding/scholarship from the school?

Pls adumbrate further.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matogbe: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
Guys, a colleague who applied June 14th, was frustrated with no update from CIC and decided to mail them 27th July to make enquiries and ask how long it will take if one apply for retrieval of passport. cic quickly replied and asked for his details, he happily gave them his details.

August 1st, he got msg from cic that his document is processed and ready for collection without medical mail o. To cut the story short, he got denied on God forsaken reasons.

My question is that; is it bad to make enquiry? Or is this the trick cic want to use to fustrate pgd/pgc hopeful?

Ps: The denied letter was dated july27th(same day he sent them email)

I was amazed cic responded to him very fast, while myself have sent two messages no reply till date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by laimartins7(m): 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
Evening everyone in the house. how was your day? join me in praising GOD my TRV has been approved. Full details/Timeline coming soon.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
Please @thesoj, @justwise. what is the minimum amount one is required to travel with. How much am i suppose to go with. Thanks. How much will i be asked to present at the border before i will be issued my study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
Please house crosscheck my application documentations as I plan to reapply.

I gained Master's admission.

I was previously refused on insufficient fund, personal assets, insufficient evidence to prove relationship with my sponsor and insufficient evident of available find for studies.

CIC forms (study permit app, family info, checklist, study permit questionnaire).

International passport,
acceptance letter and fee schedule,
Previous work recommendations,
Clarification letter addressing the concerns raised in my previous visa app,
Refusal letter,
Bank wire transfer advice /telex copy covering my tuition, residence part payment, books, student fees,

Statement of purpose,
My shares dividend of around 356 Naira.
My Land deed of transfer at 1.5m
Recommendation from my employer stating my job and salary and I'm among the heir.
Study leave letter without pay,

Notification of consent from parents,

Attestation of Sponsorship letter pledging 23,000 CAD annually (Sponsor is my cousin not with same surname as my sponsor's mum and my dad are siblings and they share same parents).

Sponsor's sworn affidavit in law court pledging 23,000 CAD annually,
Sponsor's mum NPC birth attestation, Sponsor's mum church marriage certificate, Sponsor birth certificate,
Sponsor international passport,
Sponsor bank statement approx 10m,
My bank statement with 3m,
Sponsor's previous support letter on my behalf to one European country for a short programme.
My father NPC birth attestation,
My NPC birth certificate,
School email msg also confirming about my winter start as supported in my acceptance letter,
Copy of my previous visa to one European country,
Upfront medical slip,
Letter of introduction from my HOD,
CV,
My publications,
NECO Certificate,
BSc certificate,
BSc transcript,
NYSC certificate,
My European study certificate (Diploma and ECTS),
Passport photos (2),
Police clearance certificate.

Prayers.

Please go through and make recommendations /suggestions.

Important to ask;

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mikymiko:

Yes you can. Well, it was not an issue for me. I used Telex copy in my application when it was taking too long to get a recipt from my school. But i put a footnote about that reason. Then i also included the email i sent to school where i attached the telex copy, telling them of the payment. It was approved
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
matogbe:
Guys, a colleague who applied June 14th, was frustrated with no update from CIC and decided to mail them 27th July to make enquiries and ask how long it will take if one apply for retrieval of passport. cic quickly replied and asked for his details, he happily gave them his details.
August 1st, he got msg from cic that his document is processed and ready for collection without medical mail o. To cut the story short, he got denied on God forsaken reasons.
My question is that; is it bad to make enquiry? Or is this the trick cic want to use to fustrate pgd/pgc hopeful?
Ps: The denied letter was dated july27th(same day he sent them email)
I was amazed cic responded to him very fast, while myself have sent two messages no reply till date.
wetin CIC come mean kwanu? Which kin nonsense come be this,i swear i no dey happy with this people again. Bro what did this foolish people(cic) state about the reason for the refusal on the letter? Doest it imply i can't send CSE next week when my app turns 12weeks? Are they looking for an opportunity?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
@mikymiko , Just chill for ur receipt to come bro, don't let just a receipt dent ur application dis time around. Patience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Khez: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Please guys who knows a good and affordable school good in nursing,that i can look out for my sis?

Any help guys will be appreciated ......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
iamosamede55:
Pls guyz, how do i submit online application without medicals? I can't find option of submitting. And I've seen a lot of people here submit without medicals.

Check your answers that generated your document checklist. You must have answered yes to the question on if you have done medicals. If you anwers no, it wont genertae that file for medical upload
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sevenody:

Yes you can. Well, it was not an issue for me. I used Telex copy in my application when it was taking too long to get a recipt from my school. But i put a footnote about that reason. Then i also included the email i sent to school where i attached the telex copy, telling them of the payment. It was approved
Who is your sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2016
iamosamede55:
@yemdogg
Pls i'd like to know if you applied for trv online. I'm having difficulty submitting, i can't find any option of submitting, I'm guessing it's becos i haven't uploaded a medical report, because it's showing somewhere that all docs must be uploaded before proceeding to the next stage. I don't want to do upfront medicals.
Thanks

Go back and check your answers. Tick no for the question on medicals .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sevenody:

Go back and check your answers. Tick no for the question on medicals .
thanks for ur answer on this,same response was what @Acrayo gave but this moniker called me out to aid him out of this but didn't respond cos im not conversant with online application. One moniker here advised wrongly which i was dissatisfied because with my little knowledge i knew that answer was inappropriate.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mikymiko:
Who is your sponsor?

Self sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
Please @thesoj, @justwise. what is the minimum amount one is required to travel with. How much am i suppose to go with. Thanks. How much will i be asked to present at the border before i will be issued my study permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sevenody:

Self sponsor
How much was in your statement of account when you applied for study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ideally, u should not hold more than $10,000

Team16:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
michV:
thanks for ur answer on this,same response was what @Acrayo gave but this moniker called me out to aid him out of this but didn't respond cos im not conversant with online application. One moniker here advised wrongly which i was dissatisfied because with my little knowledge i knew that answer was inappropriate.
He is ok now, he answered one of the question wrongly that was why the medical portion pop up, not even the medical queation

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MyGodisAwesome: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
easyxtan:

There is YCD airport known as Nanaimo aiport and it like 11 mins drive from the airport to Vancouver island university according to google map. But nice idea you got a good price and ready to embark on the ferry journey grin grin grin

Email me here.Let relate better as classmate gift.nwokorie@gmail.com
Alright done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
My brother, its like they have kept diploma/pgc/pgd applications to one side oo..I applied May 16th also..2year diploma....not heard anything yet.....
michV:
CONGRATULATIONS and in advance too for approval ijn amen! Na cry i dey cry embarassed Wetin pgd/pgc do cic? Mine is since MAY16th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ymc007:
Hi guys, finally some news from CIC, i have just being called for medicals. Please those that did their medicals in Abuja, how did you go about it and how much was it? an urgent reply will be appreciated.

I did upfront medicals at IOM for 33k. I got a call from them after two days that my result has been forwarded to CIC. For a quick service, go for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.