Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005580 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
opeoluwa00:
Good Morning all. I thank God for the grace to be alive today even though my TRV was denied. After waiting for almost 5 months , my PGD study permit was denied by Canadian. Please can someone help me out. i would love to re-apply but i dont know where to start from as i used an agent for the last one. Thanks.

Kindly share ur profile, what did u apply for, either undegrad or postgrad and also what was the reason stated for the denial, only then can The thread assist you on how to tackle it. Also u should consider applying for ur gscm file.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bobyosas: 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
How does one apply for the GSCM file?

phrancisco:

Kindly share ur profile, what did u apply for, either undegrad or postgrad and also what was the reason stated for the denial, only then can The thread assist you on how to tackle it. Also u should consider applying for ur gscm file.
Cheers!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by borvick(f): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good day all. Kindly assist me with the email address of Visa Office in Accra. My passport is yet to reach VFS, despite my passport status which reads "Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA on 17/08/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre". I was at the VFS today and was told its yet to arrive. Please advice. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stillo209(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
well done guys,goodjob...please I submitted my application on 28th June and I am yet to hear from them..plus my school is suppose to resume on Sept 8.....what can I do??.......plus what will happen if after d resumes and I don't still hear from d embassy...
N.B I have paid the school fees already....please help!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
bounces88:
Hi ,Congrats on ur visa approval. I arrived in kamloops 2 days ago ,am also taking the MBA program in TRU dis sept .u can Holla at me for more chat .

Hello, Pls i pmed you. I am trying to apply online at Thompson rivr or MBA but cant pay my application fee as my gtb debit card was declined. I dont have a credit card and that was the only option on the page. Any body pls help me out @sabify i also pmed u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
info.cannig@vfshelpline.com

borvick:
Good day all. Kindly assist me with the email address of Visa Office in Accra. My passport is yet to reach VFS, despite my passport status which reads "Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA on 17/08/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre". I was at the VFS today and was told its yet to arrive. Please advice. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MrKO76(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
stillo209:
well done guys,goodjob...please I submitted my application on 28th June and I am yet to hear from them..plus my school is suppose to resume on Sept 8.....what can I do??.......plus what will happen if after d resumes and I don't still hear from d embassy...
N.B I have paid the school fees already....please help!!
Wait... U submitted June 28th wen ur schl resumes Sept 8th?! U do knw ur suppose to submit at least 3 months before resumption right??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iwuchukwu1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good day all! Pls I'm new to this, but I have a cousin in germany who is already a citizen and would like to sponsor me, but we don't know how to go about the student visa Resident Sponsor thing, especially the requirements, like is the person supposed to have a certain amount of money in their account and how much... Pls help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ngezee(m): 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
borvick:

hello, i believe the embassy sent you an email confirming that your application was approved right? if so, when was this exactly ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ngezee(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
opeoluwa00:
Good Morning all. I thank God for the grace to be alive today even though my TRV was denied. After waiting for almost 5 months , my PGD study permit was denied by Canadian. Please can someone help me out. i would love to re-apply but i dont know where to start from as i used an agent for the last one. Thanks.

hello sir, it is well with you. i believe that God will make a way for you. my candid advice to you this time around is
1.) do not use an agent next time. this forum is a non profit group and i believe we are all here to help one another. in my own time of application, i got a lot of help from this place too. you can take the pains to read the trending discussions and you will definitely find out how to go about whatever case you may be faced with. i do not think there is not a similar case which applies to yours here.
2.) where you encounter difficulties, ask questions and probably refer to any pm where you find similar case solved, someone will definitely help out.
3.) commit to God, and He will bring it to pass for you .... am sure you know this already.

peace bro !!

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrKO76:

Wait... U submitted June 28th wen ur schl resumes Sept 8th?! U do knw ur suppose to submit at least 3 months before resumption right??

Why not encourage the young man and tell him to be hopeful. We have seen people who applied July 11 and July 13 on this thread who has gotten their TRVs and they are aware that the processing time is 13weeks or more.

The guy worrying, abeg still take more chill pill. Have faith because you still have atmost 18days to resumption.

**cheers**

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by borvick(f): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
@ NonelikeGod.....thanks for your response
@ Ngezee....Yes. l linked my profile online and its already closed and approved on 10th Aug. I received the POE letter on the 12th Aug. I tracked my passport on 18th and read that it was dispatched on the 17th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
borvick:
@ NonelikeGod.....thanks for your response
@ Ngezee....Yes. l linked my profile online and its already closed and approved on 10th Aug. I received the POE letter on the 12th Aug. I tracked my passport on 18th and read that it was dispatched on the 17th.

That's vfs's customer service line

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MrKO76(m): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ajibade105:

Why not encourage the young man and tell him to be hopeful. We have seen people who applied July 11 and July 13 on this thread who has gotten their TRVs and they are aware that the processing time is 13weeks or more.

The guy worrying, abeg still take more chill pill. Have faith because you still have atmost 18days to resumption.

**cheers**
Ok

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by greatghana: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
which diploma course can a mathematics graduate apply for?

please recommed a program
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good day.

pls which bank is best to pay for online application, seems most banks now dey misbehave.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
emma4eva:
Good day.

pls which bank is best to pay for online application, seems most banks now dey misbehave.

Try UBA. But the exchange rate is staggering. Last week I used their debit card to pay for something here as I don't have a credit card yet. Paid CAD750 and was debited about 219k. Terrible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Yemdogg, pls I sent you and email. Pls check. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by badtsharpguy: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Onyeoma3:
[b] Hello guys,

The rate at which the thread went fast in the last few days got me thinking if there's a rain of good news on the applications for Colleges from CIC. I was wrong though.
I saw a format of a mail someone sent to the Immigration minister. Unfortunately, that mail won't be very effective (sorry to be blunt about it). This is because you left laying down your complaints professionally and focused more on complaining about the Master's and PhD receiving preferential treatment. More like being jealous about the positive outcome of their applications.

A better way would have been thanking them for this opportunity of coming into Canada to develop their workforce with our skills to start with. Then proceed to sell your skills a bit, then present the challenge you're having with CIC in your home country, then thank him in advance for the anticipated positive outcome. And finally, include your name. (This is best if you've filed a CSE and no response yet because you'll include it that your application is past the normal processing time and you've filed the CSE according to their instruction but no response yet). Doing it this way is most likely to yield positive outcomes. Sending a mail and hiding your name renders the mail invalid cos it has no identify. And those using multiple email addresses, do you know that when the mail is tracked further, the IP address is from the same system and doesn't make sense(not fully sure how this works though).

Honestly they don't care about your feelings but what you have to offer them, so by sending a professional mail, you're selling your skills further and laying your complaints too. Hence, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Also, instead of complaining on every page, why not start making intensive research with that same time into universities that might accept you and proceed with application as a plan B, if at the end your application is approved, you might even decide to attend the university instead.

Finally, some of our brothers that have attended Colleges in the past might have contributed to this plight the College applicants are currently facing. Some leave their studies and start hustling for money . Also, at the end of the PGWP, while the masters and PhD graduates in Ontario qualify for PNP and get PR, the College graduates that couldn't get their PR because they're not eligible for PNP and couldn't meet up for express entry end up doing all sorts of illegal things to remain in Canada. Some that have US visit visa migrate to the States and stay instead while waiting for any good news. I mix a lot with friends and hear stories. So I got my facts right.

I pray that at the end of this delay, the qualified College applicants will be greatly favored so that everyone can come to Maple land and pursue their dreams. [/b]

Good message bro. Please which part of Canada are you located. Anyone coming to Calgary this Fall?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
My TRV was delayed on Saturday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stillo209(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
thanks guys.....but please can the admissions b deferred till like maybe Jan 2017?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bobyosas: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sorry abt this,okay? Could u share with the house the details,i mean the course u applied for, reason for delay...

Giov:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Giov:
Sorry for the delay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
2. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed, APPROVED 22nd July. Congrats
3. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
4. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed. Approved 22nd July. Congrats
5. Ajibade105: April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
6. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

7. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
8. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
9. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
10. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
11. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
12. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
13. Team16: May 26, University of New Brunswick, PhD, Paper route,Medical Passed Approved August 2nd Congrats
14. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
15. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
16. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University, Medical Request
17. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
18. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College, Medical Passed
19. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University, Medical Passed, APPROVED Aug. 19th. Congrats
20. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals Medical Passed Delayed
21. Akol07: June 16th, Concordia Uni, Montreal paper route,Meng,Medical passed. Approved Aug. 19th. Congrats
22. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
23. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
24. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by greatlifeis89: 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Hommies,

Update for guys heading to seneca college but still awaiting response from CIC on their Visa application.

I informed the international admission (InternationalAdmissions@seneca.ca) office of Seneca college that i have not gotten feedback from CIC on my visa application. I asked them to advise on the options available and possible next step(s). They responded today. See their mail below

Good morning

Thank you for your email.
Please note that the last day for you to arrive for classes is September 12, 2016. If you are unable to arrive by September 12 2016 you will need to defer to a later term or request refund. You will have until September 19 2016 to request a deferral or a refund.
Our forms and are attached for your convenience. Additional information can be found at:
http://www.senecacollege.ca/international/fees/refund.html
Kind regards
International Admissions

Let us remain steadfast and prayerful.................. i strongly believe that it will all end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kboogie231: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good evening house, this is my second post on the thread. Eventually heard from CIC this evening, study permit was denied. Reasons being "you have no satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. Purpose of visit and current employment situation". I find it ludicrous because I submitted my letter of employment, letter of introduction from my employer and more so I have paid my school fees. What is even more surprising is that I have a valid visitor's visa to Canada that will expire September 2017. The same documents of employment I used in securing the visitor's visa last year are the same I used for the study permit. If I portend an immigration risk, I wouldn't bother applying for a study permit. I think they just give any excuse that comes to their mind to deny PGD applicants.

Please can anyone give information on what kind of GCMS notes to apply for? Standard GCMS or GCMS Plus? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=borvick post=48704305]Good day all. Kindly assist me with the email address of Visa Office in Accra.

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
stillo209:

thanks guys.....but please can the admissions b deferred till like maybe Jan 2017?

You will have to email your school to find out if there is January opening for your programme. Deferrals for most schools will only be declined after you have had two previous deferrals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
@kboogie231
Sorry for delay order your GCMS www.gcmsnow.com never give up
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Made123: 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
May God help we PGC applicants cos more scrutiny is done on our applications. It is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kboogie231: 9:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
Thank you. I am on the webpage of GCMS, I want to know if it's just the standard gcms or gcms plus that I choose.

jj17cv:
@kboogie231
Sorry for delay order your GCMS www.gcmsnow.com never give up

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.