Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007719 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineinstein(m): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2016
michV:
Thanks bro,inclusive of Concordia which i ll take off as an exception from your advise,those other schools i have been on Google going through,is MEng in western university a 1years program cos i am seeing 2years? i guess i ll firstly apply to UBC but i didn't see Nigeria on the list of undeveloped countries for application fee exemption?also i think university of Saskatchewan takes 3.5+ too for MEng but i don't know the study duration though i have mailed them waiting for response
its 2 years at usask and manitoba...queen,utoronto,ryerson,calgary,waterloo,alterta etc are all one year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineinstein(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2016
borvick:

Try Egypt Air. I got one way 485k for 11th Sept.

Ymc007(f): 8:35am
Good morning everyone, please I need help with these...
1) those that applied through vfs, pls how long did it take to collect your approved passport from the office
2) please who knows anyone that knows anyone that can help with accommodation in Halifax?
3) @cassetteboy or anyone who knows or has used any cheap flight to Canada recently, pls help
Thank you.
is the 485k for lagos to halifax?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by senatonato(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2016
Michv for aussie ur sponsor needs to have atleast 60k AUD which is lyk 14m. U can check aussie immigration site.
michV:
one of my friends mentioned this CYPRUS,what incentive does the immigration system have for international students which can incite ones interest? About Aussie,i still dey inquire about their new proof of funding policy which never gree me understand
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2016
----
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2016
Good morning ,pls I need your help concerning gaining an àddmission to new Brunswick college cananda ,is the school really OK.thanks
ziggy3579:
----

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2016
You have now spoken logically than earlier.in addition lemme chip in a counter balance statement.No be only student incentives them dey use facilitate stay back at least my Canadian babe is a route to facilitate stay back never minding if incentives existed grin cheesy grin

[quote author= Onyeoma3 post =48612312]

About PGDs and PR, my point is that a masters graduate in Ontario that doesn't get a PROFESSIONAL job after graduation can get PR thru the PNP program. This is not possible for PGD graduates. Also, the point based system for PR thru EE as someone earlier pointed out favours Masters and PhD graduates more than PGD. I have a very close friend that did 3 years College program and has been working since the last 2-3years on a professional job, his PGWP is expiring soon and his point on the pool is not up to the minimum. He was faced with only 2 options... 1)Leaving Canada 2)Going back to school .
He had to choose going back to school to remain legally in Canada and will pay another 1 year tuition fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
I don't knw anytin about new Brunswick college, I'm heading to another college, u could check their website for more info nd contact their admission office for info too.
pepe4reps:
Good morning ,pls I need your help concerning gaining an àddmission to new Brunswick college cananda ,is the school really OK.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
[Ok ,which college are you heading to pls.Thanks !quote author=ziggy3579 post=48672876]I don't knw anytin about new Brunswick college, I'm heading to another college, u could check their website for more info nd contact their admission office for info too. [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
U mean iggy that i just spoke too... grin

yemdogg:

Ermmmm.....she's not your love o. She's mine grin

Abi which one be this na. You want to steal her from me ba. grin

She will not accept you. Be warned do not send PM to Iggy again else I'll send EFCC, JTF, Niger Delta Avengers, boko haram, Isis, CIA etc after you.

You're warned cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
Onyeoma3:

[b] Hello sir, good questions!!
I don't know all the answers to these questions but I'll answer the ones I know to the best of my knowledge and I'm open to corrections as well.

PNP is Provincial Nominee Program in which. each province nominates qualified candidates to apply for Permanent Residency.

How hard to apply for PR after doing PGD? I honestly don't know; what I know for sure is that some provinces are relatively easier to get PR than others. Make your research for those provinces and relocate there once you finish your PGD.

Accepted for coop and end up getting good job? Like thesoj said, IT related fields are easier to get a PR. Besides that, I don't have any idea.

Does PGD /PGC really have its part in not making someone get PR later on easily or its tired to getting and sustaining a job? Can you rephrase this question please, thank you.

For people who leave school to hustle for a year, does it affect them or their PGWP if it's masters they're putting in for? If you wanna leave school to hustle, it's best advisable to leave during winter so you can work all thru the summer and resume by fall. Anything beyond that can end up putting you in a tight corner (no personal experience though).

How do you get to do express entry after your studies? If you have work experience already, you can apply for that. Otherwise, you'll work for sometime before being eligible to apply.

How easy is it to combine schooling and working? Not an easy one but with the present condition of Naija, it's very necessary for survival. I prefer schooling and business though rather than working.

I hope this helps.

[/b]

Does PGD /PGC really have its part in not making someone get PR later on easily or its TIED to getting and sustaining a job?
That's what I meant to ask

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I highly appreciate bro. You really answered well

I guess the best thing is to have enough funds or to do some small small businesses if possible so as to stay Afloat and not exceed the 20 hr work week

For the business part, which do you advise asides the usual car importation to naija or exportation as the case may be?

I love business grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
crazygurl:
U mean iggy that i just spoke too... grin

Well today's Sunday. So I'll allow you to talk to her. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2016
yemdogg:

Pnp is called provincial nominee program. It's a program put in place by each provinces in Canada to invite foreigners to come and settle in their province or to encourage and assist international students to remain and settle in their province after completion of their programs.

Indeed it is hard for a international student who studied or did a PGD program to get PR especially if your program is one year or less; except if such international students can use PNP route or if such international students has already bagged a masters degree or PhD or such international student get up to 3 yrs pgwp after his/her program so he or she can gain Canadian work experience that would give him comprehensive ranking system points in the express entry.

So if you're a PGD student in Canada, your best route for PR is pnp. Most PNP already set the guidelines for applying for their nomination program. For instance, the province of Ontario's PNP for international students stream only requires;

To be eligible to apply, an International Student must have a job offer that meets the following criteria: be an approved;

1 permanent, full-time job offer in a high-skilled occupation (NOC 0, A or B),

2 and meets the entry-level wage levels in Ontario for that occupation.

3 The international Student must also: have graduated from or have met the requirements of a full-time degree or diploma program at an eligible publicly-funded Canadian college or university

4 that is at least two (2) years in length or a one year post-graduate certificate program, which requires a previous degree in order to qualify, have completed at least half of their studies in Canada, and apply within two years from the date on which they graduated.

They also have PNP dedicated only for masters and PhD students.

However, due to the fact that there are so many institutions in Ontario, there are so many international students in the province and as such their PNP is quite competitive. As a matter of fact 48% of the international students in Canada are studying in Ontario. So you get the picture.

So if you're looking to get PNP after your studies you should consider studying or living in other provinces.
Even if you study in Ontario, if you have up to three years pgwp you can relocate to other provinces. For example in Manitoba if you studied in Canada but outside Manitoba, if you work with a Manitoba employer for a year, you are eligible to apply for Manitoba pnp. If however you studied in Manitoba, you only need to work with a Manitoba employer for up to 6 months then you're eligible for pgwp. So my advice is for you to study the requirements and the availability of pnp of the province you intend to study before making any serious commitment to study in the province.

Getting a good job especially if you can get a labour market impact assessment of your job; is a secret to getting PR in Canada.

And to answer your last question, it is not advisable to exceed the 20hrs/week given to you by CIC. Some do it and they get lucky, buh if you're caught it may jeopardise your chances of PR in the future.

Wow people like you are one of the reasons why I love this thread. Very educative and Informative

I noticed that a lot of people didn't ask these questions and they're very vital to What's going to make or Mar you if you get to Canada
I'll be sure to get a 2 year course as against 1 year on Durham, already saw one in Lambton and I hope it turns out well when it's time to apply

Thanks very much for your input and may God's favor locate you and Onyeoma.
I appreciate

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
hustla:

Wow people like you are one of the reasons why I love this thread. Very educative and Informative

I noticed that a lot of people didn't ask these questions and they're very vital to What's going to make or Mar you if you get to Canada
I'll be sure to get a 2 year course as against 1 year on Durham, already saw one in Lambton and I hope it turns out well when it's time to apply

I appreciate

Boss information is power.

I am quite impressed when you asked this question. Most people just talk about getting trv/study permit. They never want to know what options are available to them upon getting to Canada.

Most people end up going for another program after completing their one year program so they can be eligible for a 3yrs work permit.

If PR is your ultimate goal it's better you apply for a minimum of two years program and get a study permit for two years rather than having to extend your study permit in Canada.

Studying for up to two years in Canada can attract three years work permit which will make your transition to PR quite smooth and easy. If you can also look for provinces with easy pnp it will further assist your transition.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bomaate: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
Try Turkish Airline thats what i used...agents know how to use the back end to get cheap tickets
Iggynasia:
Ymc007... Try wakano.com with Royal air Maroc. From 3rd of sept, its 424000 plus, while its higher like 2nd. When do you intend leaving?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
hustla:

I'll be sure to get 2 year course as against 1 year on Durham, already saw one in Lambton and I hope it turns out well when it's time to apply
I appreciate
it is not all about getting 2yrs program,but dont' go and opt for a lower program level below ur Bsc/BEng just to meet up for the above stated criterion.pick good meaningful programs related to your background that have employable prospects and lucrativeness both home and abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Seajae: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
michV:
it is not all about getting 2yrs program,but dont' go and opt for a lower program level below ur Bsc/BEng just to meet up for the above stated criterion.pick good meaningful programs related to your background that have employable prospects and lucrativeness both home and abroad.

Can I PM you bro? Wanna ask you 2questions about international passport
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2016
@michV

Hmmmm.....MICHV i no dey like to join issue with you cos you're smarter than me grin what do i know; am just a bloody lawyer.

buh in any event i am tempted to join issue with you on this one.

Michv, the truth is it's not always as easy as people think it is combining studies and working together in Canada especially during regular school session.

Not everyone is as brilliant and smart as you grin. We dont have the same level of assimilation. Some people cannot multi-task as smoothly as you do, so if such person tries or attempt the stunts you would pull, such person will crash like "DELTA AIRLINE COMPUTER SYSTEM" A lot of people have come back to this thread stating how difficult it is to combine work and study in Canada. In as much as there are lots of people that would easily combine the two together without over-heating, it shouldn't be encouraged. I say this because if we start encouraging people to work or exceed the normal working hours allowed by cic, people will not make adequate financial preparations to travel, study and live comfortably in canada and when they get there they will start facing serious financial challenges they could have easily prepared for before leaving Nigeria.

Your friend that bought Camry 2012 is not here to share how he did it, your claims are basically called hearsay-evidence in law and it is simply inadmissible.

My point is if you feel you can work extremely hard and study hard in canada, be my guest buh do not encourage others to exceed the 20hrs/week work permit that accompanies study permit. There's a thread dedicated to students in canada and how they're fairing, go to that thread and you would see what am talking about.

Let us encourage people to do the basics as stipulated by cic, when they get to Canada they will adjust and adapt by themselves. if they feel they can take extra shift during the regular school session, then that's their problem. I have not been to canny before, i dont know what is obtainable there buh it is better we prepare ourselves rather than think we can work and pay tuition fees, let alone buy camry 2012 grin during session.

Let's not forget the implication of exceeding the 20hrs/week work permit. especially for people that have pr as their ultimate goal.

dont also forget having good grades, what will it profit a student that did some extra jobs and finished with a bad grade? especially if you intend to stay in canada, where merit/excellence actually means a lot to employers.

be properly guided !

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
michV, do realize that CIC Lagos likely knows about the existence of this thread, and posts that commend/encourage immigration violations in Canada may justify being harsher on current and future Nigerian applicants.

I fully agree with yemdogg's post above.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
michV:
my nigga!@yemmdogg.I dropped a punch line on my above post.''To me what matters most is if you can balance your studies with your work cos some individuals perform poorly when engaged with other activities away from study ''.you can see i considered such point you are trying to prove beneath my post because i know people like you would smartly pick out a point to throw grin grin

MICHV the igbo man grin I still need that bottle of beer !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2016
thesoj:
michV, do realize that CIC Lagos likely knows about the existence of this thread, and posts that commend/encourage immigration violations in Canada may justify being harsher on current and future Nigerian applicants.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
thesoj:

Boss, so there's actually a visa officer in the General USA thread.

Chaii.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
yemdogg:

Boss information is power.

I am quite impressed when you asked this question. Most people just talk about getting trv/study permit. They never want to know what options are available to them upon getting to Canada.

Most people end up going for another program after completing their one year program so they can be eligible for a 3yrs work permit.

If PR is your ultimate goal it's better you apply for a minimum of two years program and get a study permit for two years rather than having to extend your study permit in Canada.

Studying for up to two years in Canada can attract three years work permit which will make your transition to PR quite smooth and easy. If you can also look for provinces with easy pnp it will further assist your transition.

Bro PR is the ultimate goal o. Can't afford to let my kids grow up in this country wey get as e be

Thank a lot, I appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2016
michV:

Nah
I actually went to India for IT courses for a year to transition from Mass Communication at undergrad level to IT
Would have to opt for Information Technology at Lambton or so later.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Williamsobodo(m): 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2016
Williamsobodo:

Okay, will do that
Oga Thesoj and Oga Siga please i need your help o
i got my passport dispatched after 8weeks. please how do i tackle these:
Insufficient funds
Sponsor was uncle (diff surname) bal of 4m with 75m inflow
Travel history
Virgin passport
Personal information assets
Lastly, how can i request my gcms notes. I need someone to help me apply please. Thanks for all the
help so far and the next one in advance

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
yemdogg:

MICHV the igbo man grin I still need that bottle of beer !
you suppose know say ibo guys no dey carry last.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
Lambton college[quote author=pepe4reps post=48673052][Ok ,which college are you heading to pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ManTiger(m): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2016
quick one, please i need a proven way to compress pdf file.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
@ MichV
@ Yemmdogg
@ thesoj
@ everyone with useful information

Please which schools can I apply to for a PhD in business administration? I want to apply for a phD for my husband so he can join us.
Just mention names of schools, I'll do the rest of the research. Particularly schools with enough funding so he won't miss his Nigerian money.
I don't want to be a single lady because of my Canadian dream. Help a sister out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
Pls house I did paper application with vfs but is there any way I can track with CIC website

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: jasperonyx and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.