Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007732 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bubu91: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hi All,
I have been a very silent follower on this thread but i would not feel complete if i do not share my testimony here with you guys to encourage you. I applied for my TRV on the 11th of July. Infact at a point i thought i wont be able to get my visa early enough for September. When i saw the processing time was 13weeks i laughed and told God that my visa would be approved latest August ending. I did not know God had earlier plans for me and to God be the Glory i checked my application today and saw that my visa had been approved.. Approximately 5weeks, A friend of mine got hers approved in 6 weeks. I applied for MEng.

Just want to give hope to all who are still waiting, PGD, PGC, MSC, MEng, it doesnt matter what it is called to God, If He says you will get it, you will. So just trust Him.

Please note that i made sure i included every document i could think of and i tried to do my homework by reading though the threads before applying. Please see below the documents i submitted:
Applied 11th July
Medical Call 10th August
Medical Passed 15th August
Approval date 20th August
Approx 5 weeks

Sponsor’s Documents
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Affidavit of Sponsorship
3. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment
4. Letter of Introduction from Sponsor’s Employer
5. Pay slips (November 2015 – May 2016)
6. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
7. Copy of Notice of retirement from Service
8. Copy of Agreement for Life Annuity
9. Letter of Introduction from Sponsor’s salary account (amount covered my tuition)
10. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account
11. Copy of Certificate of Sponsors Money Market Fund
12. Copy of Deed of Transfer for Sponsor’s landed property
13. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
Applicant’s Documents
1. Barcode Page & 2 Passport Photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members (Parents and Siblings)
6. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission
7. Statement of Purpose
8. Copy of Letter of Employment
9. Copy of Confirmation of Employment
10. Letter of Introduction from Employer
11. Statement of Account (Salary Account)
12. Employment pay slips (December 2015 – June 2016)
13. Copy of Birth Certificate
14. Copy of Police Character Certificate
15. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
16. Copy of Degree Certificate
17. Copy of Certificate of National Service
18. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
19. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
20. Copy of TOEFL Certificate
21. CV

All the best guys, this month will definitely end in praise for all of us who are still waiting for our TRV and thanks for sharing useful information.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2016
I think the high refusal among pgc and pgdip applicant can also be attributed to the sudden rise in application from that category of academic program. It's hard to get admissions to msc programs in canada, and the vos are aware of this; hence they attach some sort of credibility to applicants of masters program, while applications from pgc/pgdip are scrutinized for reasons given above.
Some would scale through after the rigorous scrutiny.

And to be honest, its really difficult to get pr through the point system for diploma or certificate grad due to competition from msc and phd grads. Someone with an msc/phd from Europe or Africa would actually find it easier to qualify for pr through express entry than someone with a pgc/dip from canada. Fact.....

If anyone is bent on registering for a diploma or certificate program, then it would be best that the province they would be attending college offers provincial nomination programs that favours all students that graduate from that province irrespective of the level of education.

Lastly, alot of people have this misconception that you need a very high cgpa to qualify for masters...that is wrong because most North American schools actually look at your last 2 years of study to make decisions.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hello CG..

My advice on this is that your dad should be your primary sponsor regardless of who else might wanna act as a co-sponsor. If you think your aunt wanna present her SOA as proof of financial statement, why not start chipping in the money gradually or initiate something. I don't wanna advice you in a way people might seem to be wrong but with your dad in the picture, I can give you a hint on building his account prior to your application. But my major advice is that you should use him as sponsor. I will hint you more if you consider it fine to pm me.
crazygurl:
My people i need ur candid advice.

Is it okay to show them my dads landed property and then maybe he writes to them thats its my aunt that will sponsor me.
When applying for the permit.msc this time tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ymc007... Try wakano.com with Royal air Maroc. From 3rd of sept, its 424000 plus, while its higher like 2nd. When do you intend leaving?
borvick:

Try Egypt Air. I got 11th Sept. 485k to Halifax One way

Ymc007(f): 8:35am
Good morning everyone, please I need help
3) @cassetteboy or anyone who knows or has used any cheap flight to Canada recently, pls help
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
i intended leaving on 1st of september. thanks, ill check them
Iggynasia:
Ymc007... Try wakano.com with Royal air Maroc. From 3rd of sept, its 424000 plus, while its higher like 2nd. When do you intend leaving?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
Who is your sponsor? How did you describe your relationship with him?
bubu91:
Hi All,
I have been a very silent follower on this thread but i would not feel complete if i do not share my testimony here with you guys to encourage you. I applied for my TRV on the 11th of July. Infact at a point i thought i wont be able to get my visa early enough for September. When i saw the processing time was 13weeks i laughed and told God that my visa would be approved latest August ending. I did not know God had earlier plans for me and to God be the Glory i checked my application today and saw that my visa had been approved.. Approximately 5weeks, A friend of mine got hers approved in 6 weeks. I applied for MEng.

Just want to give hope to all who are still waiting, PGD, PGC, MSC, MEng, it doesnt matter what it is called to God, If He says you will get it, you will. So just trust Him.

Please note that i made sure i included every document i could think of and i tried to do my homework by reading though the threads before applying. Please see below the documents i submitted:
Applied 11th July
Medical Call 10th August
Approx 5 weeks

Sponsor’s Documents
1. Letter of Sponsorship
9. Letter of Introduction from Sponsor’s salary account (amount covered my tuition)
Applicant’s Documents
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members (Parents and Siblings)
7. Statement of Purpose
21. CV

All the best guys, this month will definitely end in praise for all of us who are still waiting for our TRV and thanks for sharing useful information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Iggy love, i have sent u a pm...pick up ur lappy n accept me biko.

Iggynasia:
Hello CG..

My advice on this is that your dad should be your primary sponsor regardless of who else might wanna act as a co-sponsor. If you think your aunt wanna present her SOA as proof of financial statement, why not start chipping in the money gradually or initiate something. I don't wanna advice you in a way people might seem to be wrong but with your dad in the picture, I can give you a hint on building his account prior to your application. But my major advice is that you should use him as sponsor. I will hint you more if you consider it fine to pm me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sassyp(m): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
thanks for your response.what documents did u submit for ur application and did u apply online via the application portal or u sent a paper application?
Ymc007:

Hi, like I said, I finished with 3.29 and I got admission into the University. I guess you can also apply and believe that you can also be admitted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
I celebrate you!
Please send me a copy of the emails you used in getting a supervisor. It's for someone I'm trying to help, I'm a lawyer so I don't know about MEng.
Pls I'll send you a pm.

bubu91:
Hi All,

Applied 11th July
Medical Call 10th August
Approx 5 weeks

Sponsor’s Documents
1. Letter of Sponsorship
Applicant’s Documents
7. Statement of Purpose
21. CV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bro @michv pls let's relate on your new discoveries on Aussie , German skls , reading these posts about Msc having more importance dan PGD jst dey make me feel somehow about this whole canada waka , at this point , I just want my passport back , I could have simply proceeded to a European Uni from cyprus but canada don enter my ICE cream....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Carter001:
Bro @michv pls let's relate on your new discoveries on Aussie , German skls , reading these posts about Msc having more importance dan PGD jst dey make me feel somehow about this whole canada waka , at this point , I just want my passport back , I could have simply proceeded to a European Uni from cyprus but canada don enter my ICE cream....
one of my friends mentioned this CYPRUS,what incentive does the immigration system have for international students which can incite ones interest? About Aussie,i still dey inquire about their new proof of funding policy which never gree me understand
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
NonelikeGod:
I celebrate you!
Please send me a copy of the emails you used in getting a supervisor. It's for someone I'm trying to help, I'm a lawyer so I don't know about MEng.
Pls I'll send you a pm.
generally,MEng (coursework based) in most Canadian universities i have searched for don't require a supervisor before you secure admission but the only institution i am not convincingly certain is university of Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 11:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
michV:
one of my friends mentioned this CYPRUS,what incentive does the immigration system have for international students which can incite ones interest? About Aussie,i still dey inquire about their new proof of funding policy which never gree me understand
bro ,the immigration system does not in any way favour international students.. No such thing as 20hrs work permit...d country get as e b
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bounces88: 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hi ,Congrats on ur visa approval. I arrived in kamloops 2 days ago ,am also taking the MBA program in TRU dis sept .u can Holla at me for more chat .
Sabify:
Hello every one, just got my Trv approved
Applied 22/06/2016
Upfront medial
Approved 19/08/2016
MBA Thompson Rivers Uni Kamloops

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 21, 2016
The approval of masters applications within short intervals have emotionally deepened me into regrets.but the discrimination and long wait delay in response and silly refusal reasons more especially for Nigerian applicants is unfair from Accra CIC,it would have been preferably officially announced or stated about the marginalization of PGC(D) applications and people wouldnt waste application fee unless you see your self qualified to any condition applicable to the application which they should outrightly state.It is now apparent to us that this delay of PGC(D) is compromised,therefore when will they start approving the successful ones as people claim?rather i envisage another high refusal rate again as resumption approaches while the narrowly successful ones would get deferral for January.as someone said above that PGC(D) hardly get nominated or stand a chance for any incentives of staying back or whatever,firstly during my visa application,CIC said i should prove i would come back after my studies,so wetin come concern them if my program can't balance to their incentives or countribute to their economy,when i was writing my SOP,did i state i will use my gained knowledge to work in Canada? wasn't i emphasizing on my home country?To me those reasons above are not ideal and are irrational in discriminating PGC(D) if that should be the case..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 5:30am On Aug 21, 2016
Good morning guys,

I need you to shed a little light on the process of tuition refund as it is looking unlikely I will get a response in time for commencement of my programme.

I applied June 1 and I haven't been contacted yet for medicals, programme starts on the September 6th with no January opening.

I plan to visit the US once I close my cic application chapter and while visiting, I will open a bank account.

Please is it possible to request that my refund be transferred to this account or any account of my choice?

I do not want any of our banks doing their systematic stealing of a dime of my money.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 5:39am On Aug 21, 2016
Bro I agree with you a lot but I don't think the letter should contain info about how you want to improve their workforce. The claim about improving their workforce shows that the applicant is an intending immigrant that is already intending to stay in Canada even before s/he lands in Canada. The study permit is a non-immigant visa, so making statements about intent to work may be counterproductive.

About PGDs, while I hear your views that some PGDs couldn't get jobs, this may not be the norm. For example, Ontario makes it very easy to get PR if you get a job in certain areas (science, programming, engineering, etc) and the PR requirements has nothing to do with if you have a PGD or masters (I'm too lazy to dig up the link). It is also true that PhDs and masters graduates (in Ontario) have a separate accelerated route to PR through provincial nomination (even without a job offer). In any case, I know several Nigerian PGD students that left Naija this January (studying programming related courses) who already have co-op jobs with companies (one of them has a job at Blackberry).

I do fully agree with you though that it is unnecessary and probably incorrect (or at least unsubstantiable) to tell CIC or whomever that masters applicants are being treated better.

Onyeoma3:
[b] Hello guys,

The rate at which the thread went fast in the last few days got me thinking if there's a rain of good news on the applications for Colleges from CIC. I was wrong though.
I saw a format of a mail someone sent to the Immigration minister. Unfortunately, that mail won't be very effective (sorry to be blunt about it). This is because you left laying down your complaints professionally and focused more on complaining about the Master's and PhD receiving preferential treatment. More like being jealous about the positive outcome of their applications.

A better way would have been thanking them for this opportunity of coming into Canada to develop their workforce with our skills to start with. Then proceed to sell your skills a bit, then present the challenge you're having with CIC in your home country, then thank him in advance for the anticipated positive outcome. And finally, include your name. (This is best if you've filed a CSE and no response yet because you'll include it that your application is past the normal processing time and you've filed the CSE according to their instruction but no response yet). Doing it this way is most likely to yield positive outcomes. Sending a mail and hiding your name renders the mail invalid cos it has no identify. And those using multiple email addresses, do you know that when the mail is tracked further, the IP address is from the same system and doesn't make sense(not fully sure how this works though).

Honestly they don't care about your feelings but what you have to offer them, so by sending a professional mail, you're selling your skills further and laying your complaints too. Hence, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Also, instead of complaining on every page, why not start making intensive research with that same time into universities that might accept you and proceed with application as a plan B, if at the end your application is approved, you might even decide to attend the university instead.

Finally, some of our brothers that have attended Colleges in the past might have contributed to this plight the College applicants are currently facing. Some leave their studies and start hustling for money . Also, at the end of the PGWP, while the masters and PhD graduates in Ontario qualify for PNP and get PR, the College graduates that couldn't get their PR because they're not eligible for PNP and couldn't meet up for express entry end up doing all sorts of illegal things to remain in Canada. Some that have US visit visa migrate to the States and stay instead while waiting for any good news. I mix a lot with friends and hear stories. So I got my facts right.

I pray that at the end of this delay, the qualified College applicants will be greatly favored so that everyone can come to Maple land and pursue their dreams. [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 5:56am On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=michV post=48663232]The approval of masters applications within short intervals have emotionally deepened me into regrets.

I feel your pain bro. There is an obvious pattern too glaring to be ignored except you are an individual who doesn't care to see the truth or acknowledge it while it stares right in your face.

I hold no grudge against anyone's successful application, but since I joined, for about a week now, I can't recall any successful PGC(D) so far (I stand to be corrected, if there is, success rate should be less than 5%). Within and we'll beyond processing times, applications are either being denied or delayed unnecessarily. Arcayo's record can be used as a statistical assessment tool or poll, it's a reflection of what is happening nairaland or outside nairaland.

Lesson:

Though I know how hard it is to take your mind off the anxious wait the moment you apply for all categories of applicants, we now need to adjust tactic to suit what they want so that we can achieve desired results. To who ever can apply for Masters, it's time to adopt the new tactic and dump the obvious long suffering of waiting and failing with PG.

And though cic are custodians of their policies, they haven't shown enough transparency and no one should make excuses for them and please let people vent their pain peacefully here...

We all want better lives, I couldn't buy a bag of rice yesterday cos it's 18k, my salary hasn't been paid for 3 months, fuel nko? Some people's challenges are way past mine and with the hardship in this country, it's better to let people let out some steam.

Na who wear shoe know where e dey pain.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 6:14am On Aug 21, 2016
MICHV!!!!
Hear this...
It's not discrimination that's making masters get replies in 5-10weeks..

From my observation, when applying for canadian study permit...
Before praying for a good outcome...Pray for God to let you apply at the RIGHT TIME OR BEST TIME.

It's bn observed that some aplication months gets into a loooong queue while some fresh aplication gets reply... I guess this is because new VOS are allocated this fresh apps instead of decongesting the over long queues of Old applications.

You can see some masters that apply around April, may are also waiting with the PGC...

The ones that applied sometime in late June to July seem to be the lucky ones...and the April may applicants are stocked in backlogs...

Well to burst ur bubble...
A college applicant that applied before June got passport request in the just concluded week, while another college student that applied june 15 got denied...

It not about the program you're going for, it's the unfortunate period your application fell in.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sammymexi(m): 6:56am On Aug 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
MICHV!!!!
Hear this...
It's not discrimination that's making masters get replies in 5-10weeks..

From my observation, when applying for canadian study permit...
Before praying for a good outcome...Pray for God to let you apply at the RIGHT TIME OR BEST TIME.

It's bn observed that some aplication months gets into a loooong queue while some fresh aplication gets reply... I guess this is because new VOS are allocated this fresh apps instead of decongesting the over long queues of Old applications.

You can see some masters that apply around April, may are also waiting with the PGC...

The ones that applied sometime in late June to July seem to be the lucky ones...and the April may applicants are stocked in backlogs...

Well to burst ur bubble...
A college applicant that applied before June got passport request in the just concluded week, while another college student that applied june 15 got denied...

It not about the program you're going for, it's the unfortunate period your application fell in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sammymexi(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2016
Dis is just the koko....dia is a very good sence in Dis Analysis. but they have what they called 'processing time'.... and judging from Dis, those who submitted middle of June and July were even late considering the 12wks before resumption stated on d cic site. ar we saying its now better to apply late.? becos me no understand d pattern at all. but all I know its dat God said it will end in praise....pls let's not worry. I see everything TURNING AROUND FOR OUR GOOD.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 7:25am On Aug 21, 2016
kisstaye:

yea bro..from September to march. I know a friend that applied for may start at calgary uni in January. he got his trv in 3weeks

Okay bro
Thanks grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2016
metrecube:

They perform better when dealing winter and summer applications coz of few applications they do have at those periods.

Noted Oga Mi Sir grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 7:37am On Aug 21, 2016
thesoj:
Bro I agree with you a lot but I don't think the letter should contain info about how you want to improve their workforce. The claim about improving their workforce shows that the applicant is an intending immigrant that is already intending to stay in Canada even before s/he lands in Canada. The study permit is a non-immigant visa, so making statements about intent to work may be counterproductive.

About PGDs, while I hear your views that some PGDs couldn't get jobs, this may not be the norm. For example, Ontario makes it very easy to get PR if you get a job in certain areas (science, programming, engineering, etc) and the PR requirements has nothing to do with if you have a PGD or masters (I'm too lazy to dig up the link). It is also true that PhDs and masters graduates (in Ontario) have a separate accelerated route to PR through provincial nomination (even without a job offer). In any case, I know several Nigerian PGD students that left Naija this January (studying programming related courses) who already have co-op jobs with companies (one of them has a job at Blackberry).

I do fully agree with you though that it is unnecessary and probably incorrect (or at least unsubstantiable) to tell CIC or whomever that masters applicants are being treated better.

[b]The boss, I agree with you on your 1st paragraph. In that case, it's better left out. Thanks for the heads up.

About PGDs and PR, my point is that a masters graduate in Ontario that doesn't get a PROFESSIONAL job after graduation can get PR thru the PNP program. This is not possible for PGD graduates. Also, the point based system for PR thru EE as someone earlier pointed out favours Masters and PhD graduates more than PGD. I have a very close friend that did 3 years College program and has been working since the last 2-3years on a professional job, his PGWP is expiring soon and his point on the pool is not up to the minimum. He was faced with only 2 options... 1)Leaving Canada 2)Going back to school .
He had to choose going back to school to remain legally in Canada and will pay another 1 year tuition fees.

On getting jobs after graduation, no one is spared. I know of a Masters graduate in Chemical Engineering at uWaterloo that didn't get a job for more than a year. There are many such similar cases for masters graduates. Whereas there are PGD graduates that finished and got very good jobs upon graduation. What matters most at the end of the day is what you have to offer to the company as an individual not the certificate.

We're making the same points though, but coming from different angles. I agree with your points 100%, just made my points clearer so I won't be misconstrued.

Much respect!!

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2016
Onyeoma3:
[b] Hello guys,

The rate at which the thread went fast in the last few days got me thinking if there's a rain of good news on the applications for Colleges from CIC. I was wrong though.
I saw a format of a mail someone sent to the Immigration minister. Unfortunately, that mail won't be very effective (sorry to be blunt about it). This is because you left laying down your complaints professionally and focused more on complaining about the Master's and PhD receiving preferential treatment. More like being jealous about the positive outcome of their applications.

A better way would have been thanking them for this opportunity of coming into Canada to develop their workforce with our skills to start with. Then proceed to sell your skills a bit, then present the challenge you're having with CIC in your home country, then thank him in advance for the anticipated positive outcome. And finally, include your name. (This is best if you've filed a CSE and no response yet because you'll include it that your application is past the normal processing time and you've filed the CSE according to their instruction but no response yet). Doing it this way is most likely to yield positive outcomes. Sending a mail and hiding your name renders the mail invalid cos it has no identify. And those using multiple email addresses, do you know that when the mail is tracked further, the IP address is from the same system and doesn't make sense(not fully sure how this works though).

Honestly they don't care about your feelings but what you have to offer them, so by sending a professional mail, you're selling your skills further and laying your complaints too. Hence, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Also, instead of complaining on every page, why not start making intensive research with that same time into universities that might accept you and proceed with application as a plan B, if at the end your application is approved, you might even decide to attend the university instead.

Finally, some of our brothers that have attended Colleges in the past might have contributed to this plight the College applicants are currently facing. Some leave their studies and start hustling for money . Also, at the end of the PGWP, while the masters and PhD graduates in Ontario qualify for PNP and get PR, the College graduates that couldn't get their PR because they're not eligible for PNP and couldn't meet up for express entry end up doing all sorts of illegal things to remain in Canada. Some that have US visit visa migrate to the States and stay instead while waiting for any good news. I mix a lot with friends and hear stories. So I got my facts right.

I pray that at the end of this delay, the qualified College applicants will be greatly favored so that everyone can come to Maple land and pursue their dreams. [/b]

Hi Bro/Sis

Sorry for the long quote but..

What is PNP?
How hard is it to apply for PR after doing a PGD?
What of People who get accepted for CoOp and end up getting good jobs in IT? Is it eventually easy to get PR?
Does PGD /PGC really have its part in not making someone get PR later on easily or its tired to getting and sustaining a job?
For people who leave school to hustle for a year, does it affect them or their PGWP if it's masters they're putting in for?
How do you get to do express entry after your studies?
How easy is it to combine schooling and working?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:45am On Aug 21, 2016
crazygurl:
Iggy love, i have sent u a pm...pick up ur lappy n accept me biko.

Ermmmm.....she's not your love o. She's mine grin

Abi which one be this na. You want to steal her from me ba. grin

She will not accept you. Be warned do not send PM to Iggy again else I'll send EFCC, JTF, Niger Delta Avengers, boko haram, Isis, CIA etc after you.

You're warned cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2016
Totally agreed bro. You are always on point.
Onyeoma3:

[b]The boss, I agree with you on your 1st paragraph. In that case, it's better left out. Thanks for the heads up.

About PGDs and PR, my point is that a masters graduate in Ontario that doesn't get a PROFESSIONAL job after graduation can get PR thru the PNP program. This is not possible for PGD graduates. Also, the point based system for PR thru EE as someone earlier pointed out favours Masters and PhD graduates more than PGD. I have a very close friend that did 3 years College program and has been working since the last 2-3years on a professional job, his PGWP is expiring soon and his point on the pool is not up to the minimum. He was faced with only 2 options... 1)Leaving Canada 2)Going back to school .
He had to choose going back to school to remain legally in Canada and will pay another 1 year tuition fees.

On getting jobs after graduation, no one is spared. I know of a Masters graduate in Chemical Engineering at uWaterloo that didn't get a job for more than a year. There are many such similar cases for masters graduates. Whereas there are PGD graduates that finished and got very good jobs upon graduation. What matters most at the end of the day is what you have to offer to the company as an individual not the certificate.

We're making the same points though, but coming from different angles. I agree with your points 100%, just made my points clearer so I won't be misconstrued.

Much respect!!

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2016
hustla:

Hi Bro/Sis

What is PNP?
What of People who get accepted for CoOp and end up getting good jobs in IT? Is it eventually easy to get PR?
Does PGD /PGC really have its part in not making someone get PR later on easily or its tired to getting and sustaining a job?
For people who leave school to hustle for a year, does it affect them or their PGWP if it's masters they're putting in for?

Thanks

[b] Hello sir, good questions!!
I don't know all the answers to these questions but I'll answer the ones I know to the best of my knowledge and I'm open to corrections as well.

PNP is Provincial Nominee Program in which. each province nominates qualified candidates to apply for Permanent Residency.

How hard to apply for PR after doing PGD? I honestly don't know; what I know for sure is that some provinces are relatively easier to get PR than others. Make your research for those provinces and relocate there once you finish your PGD.

Accepted for coop and end up getting good job? Like thesoj said, IT related fields are easier to get a PR. Besides that, I don't have any idea.

Does PGD /PGC really have its part in not making someone get PR later on easily or its tired to getting and sustaining a job? Can you rephrase this question please, thank you.

For people who leave school to hustle for a year, does it affect them or their PGWP if it's masters they're putting in for? If you wanna leave school to hustle, it's best advisable to leave during winter so you can work all thru the summer and resume by fall. Anything beyond that can end up putting you in a tight corner (no personal experience though).

How do you get to do express entry after your studies? If you have work experience already, you can apply for that. Otherwise, you'll work for sometime before being eligible to apply.

How easy is it to combine schooling and working? Not an easy one but with the present condition of Naija, it's very necessary for survival. I prefer schooling and business though rather than working.

I hope this helps.

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:16am On Aug 21, 2016
hustla:

Hi Bro/Sis

What is PNP?

Thanks

Pnp is called provincial nominee program. It's a program put in place by each provinces in Canada to invite foreigners to come and settle in their province or to encourage and assist international students to remain and settle in their province after completion of their programs.

Indeed it is hard for a international student who studied or did a PGD program to get PR especially if your program is one year or less; except if such international students can use PNP route or if such international students has already bagged a masters degree or PhD or such international student get up to 3 yrs pgwp after his/her program so he or she can gain Canadian work experience that would give him comprehensive ranking system points in the express entry.

So if you're a PGD student in Canada, your best route for PR is pnp. Most PNP already set the guidelines for applying for their nomination program. For instance, the province of Ontario's PNP for international students stream only requires;

To be eligible to apply, an International Student must have a job offer that meets the following criteria: be an approved;

1 permanent, full-time job offer in a high-skilled occupation (NOC 0, A or B),

2 and meets the entry-level wage levels in Ontario for that occupation.

3 The international Student must also: have graduated from or have met the requirements of a full-time degree or diploma program at an eligible publicly-funded Canadian college or university

4 that is at least two (2) years in length or a one year post-graduate certificate program, which requires a previous degree in order to qualify, have completed at least half of their studies in Canada, and apply within two years from the date on which they graduated.

They also have PNP dedicated only for masters and PhD students.

However, due to the fact that there are so many institutions in Ontario, there are so many international students in the province and as such their PNP is quite competitive. As a matter of fact 48% of the international students in Canada are studying in Ontario. So you get the picture.

So if you're looking to get PNP after your studies you should consider studying or living in other provinces.
Even if you study in Ontario, if you have up to three years pgwp you can relocate to other provinces. For example in Manitoba if you studied in Canada but outside Manitoba, if you work with a Manitoba employer for a year, you are eligible to apply for Manitoba pnp. If however you studied in Manitoba, you only need to work with a Manitoba employer for up to 6 months then you're eligible for pnp. So my advice is for you to study the requirements and the availability of pnp of the province you intend to study before making any serious commitment to study in the province.

Getting a good job especially if you can get a labour market impact assessment of your job; is a secret to getting PR in Canada.

And to answer your last question, it is not advisable to exceed the 20hrs/week given to you by CIC. Some do it and they get lucky, buh if you're caught it may jeopardise your chances of PR in the future.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 8:25am On Aug 21, 2016
Pls hus a friend of mine as asked for a refund form is school pls Hw long does it take to get bk you money bk?
Pls I nid ans

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.