Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005596 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mskid(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hello House.

My application is now 10 weeks and i haven't yet get a medical mail.

Q. Have any advanced diploma applicant been contacted by CIC so far?

And please, adv diploma applicants should be making noise in this thread cuz I hardly see adv diploma applicants talk here.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
mskid:
Hello House.

And please, adv diploma applicants should be making noise in this thread cuz I hardly see adv diploma applicants talk here.

Thanks
my application is 16weeks and they just updated my biometrics to 'not needed at this time " just yesterday ...so u still gat some time to wait. .cause ds people r just not serious.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
yemdogg:

With profound humility and respect, I'd really suggest you ask your questions here so that others can benefit from them. It will also benefit you cos people can answer your queries from different perspectives.

No offence meant.
Unless your questions are personal.
Yem,any update yet?after 16 weeks they just updated mine to'biometrics not needed at this time' yesterday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by zeongeon: 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
justwise:

3 is your best bet.

I really want to ask this...

Why would anybody with Bsc and sometimes work experience spend millions traveling to Canada to do Postgraduate diplomas/certificates courses?
Let me answer your question since you don't know.

Firstly, canada isn't like the UK that has a masters degree programme for virtually all courses. Some courses in Canada can't be found at Masters level rather you find them at diploma, certificates, Bsc, PGD or PGC levels.

Secondly, its not every Bsc holder that graduates out of school with a second class upper as we know that most schools in canada take mostly second class upper grades for Masters level.

Thirdly, all fingers are not equal some people are within a budget and can afford the PGC or PGD fees but can't afford the masters.

Fourthly, some people need PGD or PGC to advance into a Masters programme. A PGD or PGC for some people is what they need to start there career or set themselves on a right track and its worth every million they spend.

Fifth, PGD, PGC, Diploma for some courses provides the necessary hands on experience for one to excel in the competitive labour market. I have heard stories from friends who are working in canada and they said they where picked by employers cause of the technical and practical experience the employers believed they must have picked up while studying in institutions like NAIT and SAIT.

Everyone has various reasons for going for masters or Pgc, pgd, diploma or certificate courses and some times such reasons transcends their Bsc, work experience and amount of money they will spend.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by t405: 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
o2:
Yemyem i thot i was the only one observing you. This one other ladies want you to lawyer them. They should take time oh. I am the only client oh. Dont lawyer anybody oh. Mee too i am not toasting u oh. Chai yemi you must marry for inside Nairaland oh plenty lafies tripping. grin grin

On a serious note. I am writing sop for MBA at Thompson Rivers university oh. As soon as im through i need thorough editing ( i dont mind paying a stipend for the time spent) i wanted to send you a pm but realised u prefer to answer people here @ yemmdogg let me know what u think.

Sames shoes with u o2. Same sch same program.
@yemmdogg pls I would also like your assistance in this regard.Many thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mskid(m): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
uvagho:
my application is 16weeks and they just updated my biometrics to 'not needed at this time " just yesterday ...so u still gat some time to wait. .cause ds people r just not serious.

Are u an advanced diploma applicant?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mryoung16: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Tarry:

That's the reason why many PGC/PGD get refused, to the vo it does not line up. You need to really convince them before you can get a TRV

What of someone that had third class in his or her bsc degree, what exactly will vo expect that person to do? To go for masters or another four years degree program? Just confuse men...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
uvagho:
Yem,any update yet?after 16 weeks they just updated mine to'biometrics not needed at this time' yesterday.

Not yet o.

No update yet o.

It is well o.

You mean your account was not updated till now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2016
o2:
Yemyem i thot i was the only one observing you. This one other ladies want you to lawyer them. They should take time oh. I am the only client oh. Dont lawyer anybody oh. Mee too i am not toasting u oh. Chai yemi you must marry for inside Nairaland oh plenty lafies tripping. grin grin

On a serious note. I am writing sop for MBA at Thompson Rivers university oh. As soon as im through i need thorough editing ( i dont mind paying a stipend for the time spent) i wanted to send you a pm but realised u prefer to answer people here @ yemmdogg let me know what u think.

Lol....indeed I must marry a lady here on NL. grin

Hehehehe.

No wahala just pm when you're done.

BTW it's pro bono.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
sammymexi:
@yemdogg I have been observing you closely. Am not toasting you o! I just want to get
to know you better and make you my lawyer
( Quote ) ( Report) ( Like ) ( Share)

Lol. We gather dey na grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
t405:

No problem just pm when you need my assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
t405:

No problem just pm me when you need my assistance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
mskid:
Hello House.

Thanks
we dey the same shoe my dear.. Advanced diploma at Lambton college... What about u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Idile: 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
@yemdogg, thank you for your responses to my emails on Monday. You are yet to reply me on our last convo.

2. In case you know any school that requires no goat or Gre please can you let us know as I want to change my application from PGD to masters due to all the refusals Pple have been testifying to this days.

3. Can one apply for Express entry and at the same time apply for student visa? What do you advice.
Thanks.
yemdogg:

They all require GMAT.

Except he is going for an executive MBA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mskid(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
we dey the same shoe my dear.. Advanced diploma at Lambton college... What about u

Conestoga college....when did u apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
Idile:
@yemdogg, thank you for your responses to my emails on Monday. You are yet to reply me on our last convo.

2. In case you know any school that requires no goat or Gre please can you let us know as I want to change my application from PGD to masters due to all the refusals Pple have been testifying to this days.

3. Can one apply for Express entry and at the same time apply for student visa? What do you advice.
Thanks.

CC @Idile

To answer your first question....What program are you going for ? MBA or MSc in Finance? if that it's the case, there are only few institutions that doesn't require GMAT or GRE. Check Vancouver Island University. If you are going for Masters in other area, you may not need to write GMAT or GRE.

Yes CIC allows you to have dual intent. And it doesn't affect you in anyway. Buh for your study permit application you'd have to establish home tie to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
mskid:

Conestoga college....when did u apply?
6th of June
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2016
Bleuocean:
Please my Brother is going to Brandon Manitoba next week on the 29th for studies.. pls can any body receive him in Toronto and in Brandon. pls help
Toronto,Yes.
Brandon I can't tell.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Victory1989(m): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
mskid:
Hello House.

Thanks

Am for advance diploma too..my application is now 13 weeks now, I even got worried and wrote CIC after I got an email last week that my acct has been updated..when I login to check no update to my account...yet no response from CIC...I feel very worried now..as school resumption date is 6th of september...no medical call at the moment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
emma4eva:
Good day,
please is police report important for online applicant??

if it is, please where can i do it in lagos and how much is it??

YES.. Alagbon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
crazygurl:
Hello house please what phone can I buy that will work in Canada.

My phone just spoilt so I want to buy something that will still work in Canada ...max 40k phone Jo ooooo.
Blackberry 10
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
emma4eva:
Good day,
please is police report important for online applicant??

if it is, please where can i do it in lagos and how much is it??

Yes... Alagbon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
borvick:
I got mail and a text message that my passport is ready for collection. Praise God.
Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by burrytee(m): 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
Having been delay in May, now I have all document ready to refire for January entry. cant just say the best time to do the submission. I keep reminiscing my 15k dols in the college acct. anyhow I want to hold on to faith for the PGD program. Pls house when is the right time I can let the app. go considering the hurdle from the canny V.O. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tarry(m): 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
mryoung16:

What of someone that had third class in his or her bsc degree, what exactly will vo expect that person to do? To go for masters or another four years degree program? Just confuse men...

Truth is if you have years of experience in your field you are not expected to go for PGC/PGD and if you are changing field from your previous qualification and experience. You become an economic risk.

You need to go for a course that is above your present level to enhance you chances.

If you have third class or want to change field you might as well do a PGD at home first.

However, if there is no interval between your undergraduate and you PGC/PGD application, then you will be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
wealth360:
Hello everyone. Am New here and I need your support and advice. Have my B.eng in production engineering and I applied for Msc in mechanical eng awaiting admission. I want to know if the course I choose is okay for trv.
2. I have not travelled before and my passport is a virgin. Hope is not a barrier?
I have more questions but I want to know the response to dis two questions.
Thanks.
Just Trust God.
Several new passport carriers got visas
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ngezee:
Hi All,
I applied for my TRV on the 14th of June. Infact at a point i thought i wont be able to get my visa early enough for September. When i saw the processing time was 13weeks i believed God that my visa would be approved latest second week of August. I checked my application on friday and saw that my visa had been approved.. Approximately 9weeks. I applied for MASc.
Congrats

Please note that i made sure i included every document i could think of and i tried to do my homework by reading though the threads before applying. Please see below the documents i submitted:
Applied 14th June with Medical and police certificate up-front. aproval date 19th August
Approx 9 weeks

Sponsor’s Documents (my mother)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Copy of Sponsor’s Letter of Employment
3. Pay slips (January 2016– May 2016)
4. Copy of Sponsor’s Employee ID card
5. Copy of sponsors international passport
6. Statement of Account from Sponsor’s salary account.
7. Copy of Sponsor’s landed property
8. Copy of Approval and Survey Plan of Sponsor’s landed property
9. Copy of dads death certificate.
Applicant’s Documents
1. Barcode Page & 2 Passport Photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
5. Copy of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members (Parents and Siblings)
6. University's Unconditional Official Letter of Admission
7. Statement of Purpose
8. Copy of Letter of Employment
9. Copy of Confirmation of Employment
10. Letter of Introduction from Employer
11. Statement of Account (Salary Account)
12. Employment pay slips (January – June 2016)
13. Copy of Birth Certificate
14. Copy of Police Character Certificate
15. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate
16. Copy of Degree Certificate
17. Copy of Certificate of National Service
18. Copy of Transcript of Academic Records
19. Copy of Applicant’s International Passport Bio data page
20. Copy of family picture.
21. 1 page Resume

All the best guys, God will definitely make a way for all of us who are still waiting for our TRV and thanks for sharing useful information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
burrytee:
Having been delay in May, now I have all document ready to refire for January entry. cant just say the best time to do the submission. I keep reminiscing my 15k dols in the college acct. anyhow I want to hold on to faith for the PGD program. Pls house when is the right time I can let the app. go considering the hurdle from the canny V.O. Thank you
why were u delayed in ur first application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
chigoziri7:
Dear All,
Please i need help. If you are outside nigeria and want WES to evaluate your transcript, how did you contact your school? Being that most uni's in naija do not have email adresses. Please let me know the route you took.

Thank you all.
Have someone go to your school in Nigeria for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
burrytee:
if it's for an msc app I would suggest September ending or beginning of october. VO has much less app to deal with then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
@burrytee
January intake is for PGD and PGC i think First week in Octorber is fine wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Obizee: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
@ thesoj,@ yemdogg
Please I still want to know if doing the medicals alongside the scholarship apprenticeship application letter would boost once chances or not thanks alot....

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.