Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007727 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 12:51am On Aug 26, 2016
I really don't like it when someone just posts anyhow without thinking/reading well , why would someone just come here and say "is it by force to give visa".... I believe we all have our different reasons for choosing to study in a college.

the college I applied to (Lambton) usually release success stories of international students after their studies to encourage prospective students.... I've seen lots of success stories of Nigerians who get GOOD jobs after their PGD/PGC.

I mean this nigerian guy works in one of the best banks in Canada .... So I really don't know why you will just come here and bash my hustle cos you got accepted for Msc.

At the end of the day it all depends on hard work irrespective of ones discipline (PGC/PGD , Msc)..... good luck to all on our TRV journey

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 1:33am On Aug 26, 2016
You don't have sense.
I'm sorry for that.

I'll advise if you by mistake enter canada, change this mentality of yours because entering Canada is not the end of a journey but the beginning of one.

Galaxymike105:
and Na by force for Canada to give you visa?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opeyeminas: 3:05am On Aug 26, 2016
justwise:

I don't think you read my post properly or understand the arguments here.

Courses are not designed only for Nigerians or other African countries who will require a visa to enter Canada, immigration-wise.. degree to PGD/PGC is not a natural progression, its a shortcut to immigration.

You don't need PGD/PGC to get into Msc when you have a degree and you will struggle to convince Canadian embassy that of all the courses offered by universities and colleges that you only see PGD/PGC ones.

You choose a course and at a level that shows natural progression and gives you a better chance of getting a study permit
@justwise are u saying people with 3rd class or CGPA that cant get Masters admission should just forget about applying for visa?? Just asking
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 5:38am On Aug 26, 2016
@Galaxymike105
You fall my hand learn how you go dey talk to people fact Not Good. No bi by canada oooo some ppl are in canada with serious suffer

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 6:04am On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks as always thesoj and others
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 7:26am On Aug 26, 2016
Free d guy abeg, na mumu he be. No be PGD/PGC most Indian students dey use enter canada. D guy go surprise when CIC handle hin file, he think say na by having a MSC admission. Me nd u go connect for Lambton cheesy
Carter001:
I really don't like it when someone just posts anyhow without thinking/reading well , why would someone just come here and say "is it by force to give visa".... I believe we all have our different reasons for choosing to study in a college.

the college I applied to (Lambton) usually release success stories of international students after their studies to encourage prospective students.... I've seen lots of success stories of Nigerians who get GOOD jobs after their PGD/PGC.

I mean this nigerian guy works in one of the best banks in Canada .... So I really don't know why you will just come here and bash my hustle cos you got accepted for Msc.

At the end of the day it all depends on hard work irrespective of ones discipline (PGC/PGD , Msc)..... good luck to all on our TRV journey

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by xplen(m): 7:50am On Aug 26, 2016
xplen:
Good day senior men,

I have 4yrs working experience and look forward to applying for PhD in Operations Management & Information System. I have been looking for a school that don't require GMAT/GRE as I have contacted some and they actually do.

Please I need help with regards this and if its not an option, I'll appreciate if anyone could send me study materials (xplendido607@yahoo.com) so I can start preparing and apply in good time.

Thanks

PLEASE EPP A BROTHER
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mryoung16: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=auxioneer post=48801502
The VO stated that I was denied based on my purpose of visit and current employment status.
So I want to request for GCMS now to see what they really want so I know whether it's to start looking elsewhere or selling for masters

Please have you requested yet,if yes, please tell me how you did it, I have been trying to request mine but am finding it difficult to pay the $23.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by auxioneer(m): 8:13am On Aug 26, 2016
i haven't yet, i am tying to get someone to apply for it for me in Canada
mryoung16:
Please have you requested yet,if yes, please tell me how you did it, I have been trying to request mine but am finding it difficult to pay the $23.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2016
kisstaye:

hahahahahaha.. bros na wah Oo give d guy small hope na. Oo boy u dey yarn Oo take am easy abeg

Its very wrong to give people false hope, for the fact that you dreamed and wishes to study in Canada does not mean that you must apply even when you don't have what it takes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2016
You're right there...
Some profiles are better suited to oda countries or even PR route in canada...

justwise:

Its very wrong to give people false hope, for the fact that you dreamed and wishes to study in Canada does not mean that you must apply even when you don't have what it takes.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2016
opeyeminas:
@justwise are u saying people with 3rd class or CGPA that cant get Masters admission should just forget about applying for visa?? Just asking

Yes.

You have a chance to improve your CGPA then apply for a course at appropriate level that gives you much much better chance of getting study permit

Yes you have 3rd class today but that is not the end of life for you, you don't have to apply for Canadian study permit now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 8:45am On Aug 26, 2016
hello house, can i use my MBA in Nigeria to apply for masters in Canny?
having lost my last application BSc for PGD with 6 years experience , whats the hope of getting a trv with MBA for MSc ...

abeg , e jooo, donallah,biko, reply me oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2016
please i need the details too @xplen , i wil pm you
xplen:
Good day senior men,

I have 4yrs working experience and look forward to applying for PhD in Operations Management & Information System. I have been looking for a school that don't require GMAT/GRE as I have contacted some and they actually do.

Please I need help with regards this and if its not an option, I'll appreciate if anyone could send me study materials (xplendido607@yahoo.com) so I can start preparing and apply in good time.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2016
Plase who has paid tuition with wema bank recently.
How long did it take before the funds were deducted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cayordey007: 8:57am On Aug 26, 2016
Mehn......it's tiring my application is 15wks already and nothing from them. Did a mail two days back but yet to get a response.
uvagho:
Got a notification via my mail box...didnt even get a message in my cic acct..just noticed d change .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Galaxymike105: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
You don't have sense.
I'm sorry for that.

I'll advise if you by mistake enter canada, change this mentality of yours because entering Canada is not the end of a journey but the beginning of one.

guys don't get me wrong...I'm sorry if that sounded rude and @carter no vex and you'll get whatever seek....but as for the one that's saying I don't have sense...you that has it even more wiser than King Solomon what have you really achieved with it? Coz if you're doing so well I don't see reason you're running out of your country...you've never been to Canada you're already talking as you've been there...wasn't saying all that because I didn't even applied for msc so sorry guys,everyone go get him trv,it's just patience and God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 9:06am On Aug 26, 2016
For anyone who still needs to book a ticket......I just checked and Ethiopian airline is going for 408k for september 7th.....(i think thats a steal)
Even if you do not have the money now, its worth booking and you have 48hours to pay for it....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2016
he is now trying to form good boy...... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
SMH

Galaxymike105:
guys don't get me wrong...I'm sorry if that sounded rude and @carter no vex and you'll get whatever seek....but as for the one that's saying I don't have sense...you that has it even more wiser than King Solomon what have you really achieved with it? Coz if you're doing so well I don't see reason you're running out of your country...you've never been to Canada you're already talking as you've been there...wasn't saying all that because I didn't even applied for msc so sorry guys,everyone go get him trv,it's just patience and God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2016
akom0908:
Hello, am new here.I just graduated with CGPA of 3.0 and I want to travel to Canada for my masters,can I travel for the masters with that CGPA and if I cant is there other method I can travel to the country.Pls I need reply soonest

Thanks
I would suggest getting a PGD in a reputable uni in Nigeria here,UNILAG,ABU,IBADAN etc before firing for a masters. the condition in the last couple of months with the Canadian V.Os seem to be massive refusals or delays for pple goin to Canada for PGD or certificate programs.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 26, 2016
emma4eva:
tanx, how much
Depends on the officer btw 3000- 5000

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 10:33am On Aug 26, 2016
opeyeminas:
lots of people have gone through pdg route in the past but the last 6 to 8 months goin through pgd route seems to be a ticket to automatic refusal or delay. I would suggest getting a PGD in a reputable uni in Nigeria here,UNILAG,ABU,IBADAN etc before firing for a masters. the condition in the last couple of months with the CanadianV.Os seem to be massive refusals or delays for pple goin toCanada for PGD or certificate programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 10:40am On Aug 26, 2016
justwise:

Yes.

You have a chance to improve your CGPA then apply for a course at appropriate level that gives you much much better chance of getting study permit

Yes you have 3rd class today but that is not the end of life for you, you don't have to apply for Canadian study permit now.
nah man, you have been making sense but I don't buy that last comment. if you want to advice be specific and not generic. improving cgpa how?? he/she cannot go for an undergrad again na! my two cents would be to do a PDG in a reputable uni here..UNILAG,IBADAN etc or if the person has funds go for 6months PGD in the UK like a friend of mine did before crossing over to Canada. all hope can never be lost. there is always a specific solution

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 10:42am On Aug 26, 2016
I have answered ur questions in the email I sent u.
Sassyp:
@ymc007 hi again,how have u been and hows preparations to move?hope all is going on well.
i wanted to ask a few questions about applying to dalhousie uni for health informatics MSC.
what supporting documents do i need for my application and do i apply online or do a paper application for the admission?

i hope to hear from u soon...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 10:48am On Aug 26, 2016
opia12345:
having lost my last application BSc for PGD with 6 years experience , whats the hope of getting a trv with MBA for MSc ...

since you have working experience,why don't you look into federal skilled worker,express entry program? or if you are bent on going thru study email some schools first with your bsc and MBA certificate and ask them if they would be willing to take you in for a masters which relate with your bsc field. Now ur application to the uni will be on the strength of your MBA. if they reply you positively via email fine ur good to apply to the uni. but when admitted and u are to apply to CIC do not use ur MBA cert. just use ur BSC to send in the app to CIC.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opeyeminas: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2016
justwise:

Yes.

I accept anything u say even if u say my CGPA won't allow me be a Nigerian citizen. Just dat I think wen u are telling people not to go one way u should try and be showing dem another way not telling dem to just turn back. And wat do u mean by improving CGPA?? Will d person av to go for another degree or wat??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2016
opia12345:

since you have working experience,why don't you look into federal skilled worker,express entry program? or if you are bent on going thru study email some schools first with your bsc and MBA certificate and ask them if they would be willing to take you in for a masters which relate with your bsc field. Now ur application to the uni will be on the strength of your MBA. if they reply you positively via email fine ur good to apply to the uni. but when admitted and u are to apply to CIC do not use ur MBA cert. just use ur BSC to send in the app to CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2016
thanks bro , getting the req minimum points under express entry is almost impossible as im in the pool , reason why i diverted to this route,but if admitted ,wont cic find a way of knowing that i m hiding my mba from them ?
kisstaye:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2016
since 12th may oooo. linked june 4th... chai. ok return my passport na .. mba!. mistake was dropping my passport, i for don use am try another country
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2016
opia12345:
thanks bro , getting the req minimum points under express entry is almost impossible as im in the pool , reason why i diverted to this route,but if admitted ,wont cic find a way of knowing that i m hiding my mba from them ?
they won't know. they are not God. I had a previous masters before applying for another in maple land and I was given TRV. alternatively if it's too much of a risk you can declare the MBA in your cic app I don't think they will refuse you once you have your admission letter.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ngezee(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2016
emma4eva:
Good day,
please is police report important for online applicant??

if it is, please where can i do it in lagos and how much is it??

FOR ALL APPLICATIONS, POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE AS IT IS CALLED (POLICE CLEARANCE) IS MANDATORY. for further inquiry, look at (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp)
THE ADDRESS WHERE IT IS DONE IN LAGOS, Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria

ABOUT THE PRICE, WELL IT VARIES. JUST GO THERE WITH NOT LESS THAN 20K TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2016
How will they know, u think they re super human being abi grin. If u don't mention ur previous mba dey won't knw.
opia12345:

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.