Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1009214 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ugoerico(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hello house, I have just received my medical mail!!!.....I applied July 25th via paper route. I thank God. plz which medical center is faster? or they are all same.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by foreverkind1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ugoerico:
Hello house, I have just received my medical mail!!!.....I applied July 25th via paper route. I thank God. plz which medical center is faster? or they are all same.
Congrats dear.are you going for MSC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ugoerico(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
foreverkind1:
Congrats dear.are you going for MSC?
yes dear. tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by foreverkind1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ugoerico:
yes dear. tnx
You are on your way to canny ...sent a pm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ugoerico(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
foreverkind1:

You are on your way to canny ...sent a pm
Amen my VO...lols plz it can't open oh....resend it to olewuikeeric@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by foreverkind1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ugoerico:
Amen my VO...lols plz it can't open oh....resend it to olewuikeeric@gmail.com
Check your mail sir/ ma. Have sent it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
Is anyone coming to Calgary this September?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ugoerico(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
foreverkind1:

Check your mail sir/ ma. Have sent it
No u have either not sent it or u sent it to a wrong mail. check my address again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Medical Passed......finger crossed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
StanP:

I am headed to Calgary this month (26th to be precise). What date are you leaving?

Let's connect. PM me or drop your contact.

Hi StanP,
Not been active on this thread of late however, I had to because I need to get a video CD titled "Ta lo nse mi". It is a Nigerian gospel movie produced by Zionstones Studio. It was uploaded on YouTube by Prepheavens since 2012 and unfortunately, the latter part hasn't been uploaded. I sent them an email and was told they do not have the permission to upload it. I called the producer and they claimed they have approved them to upload it. My only option now is to get the CD. I could get someone to get it across to you hopefully on Sunday.
Thank you in anticipation of your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by foreverkind1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
Arcayo:
Medical Passed......finger crossed
Congrats Bro..I sent u a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ngezee(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
lawmerchant:

Sorry but the above information is wrong and misleading. This is an excerpt from the CIC link you referenced:

"Additional information or documents
After the visa office receives your application, the visa office might request more information or documents. These may include the following:

Security information:
If you want to study in Canada, you and any family members who come to Canada with you, and who are 18 years of age and over, may have to provide police certificates."
"Might" and "may" not "should" and "must"

correction taken

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2016
foreverkind1:

Congrats Bro..I sent u a pm
I have replied you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2016
andre99:
Well said, what'll u now say about South Africa processing time of 16weeks does it mean they receive huge applications as well which i think they don't cos an average South African man doesn't leave his country like the way we Nigerians do and they don't av our population as well.

may be majority of the applicants there are still Nigerians. and SA office might be handling other offices...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cayordey007: 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
I even dud mine for 3k....how much is medicals that police report would be 20k I won't just travel again cheesy

ziggy3579:
Don't mislead people bro, 20k say Wetin happen. I did mine for 4k, some peeps did it for 2500. It depends on how well u can bargain
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cayordey007: 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Congrats......when did u submit ur application?

Chebe01:

Thanks man. It has been a roller-coaster of emotions to say the least
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cayordey007: 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
Congrats.....plus when did you submit ur application?

Phunmmiee:

Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mabs16: 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
Mabs16:
Hello everyone! I'm new in this group. I just got BSC admission to Mount Royal University in Calgary but I deferred it to next year because I'm serving already n d time is too short to process study permit. I'm planning to start my application in April next year. Can I get the upfront medical report n police report down in February or March b4 applying or Is it possible to get those docs in five days so that I can submit them with my application at once to fast-track the process? Ur good responses will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Samtoby(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hi guys, hope you are all chilling... I just have question as usual.

I am a Political Science student but my wish is studying abroad.. Clearly my course is what I have to study in Nigeria (I was told anyway). My question is "Can I go for master in Canada after I'm done in Nigeria?"..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by guzan: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hello House,

I have read about 95% of this thread and i am really excited that i have gotten so much information.

However, i would like to know the best route to take in applying for my TRV.

Because i am paying my school fees myself but the funds i have will only cover the first year of my tuition. Is it advisable i apply as self sponsor or do i get a sponsor to stand in for me?

Note: the sponsors i have are not blood related, they are my pastor and uncle from mothers side.

Thanks for your response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Anyone want to help me with research proposals for Masters and PhD? Any help really appreciated smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
[quote author=Mabs16 post=48826179][/quote]
for me a police report is not necessary,if u must do find a station dat won't collect more than 3k, that can be done in a day. the medical might take upto 10 working days and is valid for a year. so plan accordingly. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
Mabs16:
[quote author=Mabs16 post=4
Hello everyone! I'm new in this group. I just got BSC admission to Mount Royal University in Calgary but I deferred it to next year because I'm serving already n d time is too short to process study permit. I'm planning to start my application in April next year. Can I get the upfront medical report n police report down in February or March b4 applying or Is it possible to get those docs in five days so that I can submit them with my application at once to fast-track the process? Ur good responses will be appreciated. Gurus in the house please attend to my question.
for me a police report is not necessary,if u must do find a station dat won't collect more than 3k, that can be done in aday. the medical might take upto 10 working days and is valid for a year. so plan accordingly. cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
guzan:
Hello House,

I have read about 95% of this thread and i am really excited that i have gotten so much information.

However, i would like to know the best route to take in applying for my TRV.

Because i am paying my school fees myself but the funds i have will only cover the first year of my tuition. Is it advisable i apply as self sponsor or do i get a sponsor to stand in for me?

Note: the sponsors i have are not blood related, they are my pastor and uncle from mothers side.

Thanks for your response
first degree?? or msc?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by newacca: 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hello my family here. I am sorry if my post tends to derail this thread; but to those who are familiar with my moniker and story, I would like to inform you that I got a study visa to Italy today.
He who runs for a fight lives to fight another day. If it's for PH.D. or other professional programme, I will have an experience of the Canadian education system; that's my quest.

Lastly, I have a final note for everyone here: Even if everyone says you don't have a chance, never give up your dreams.
See you in Canada one day.
smiley
Ciao!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mabs16: 9:42pm On Aug 26, 2016
kisstaye:

for me a police report is not necessary,if u must do find a station dat won't collect more than 3k, that can be done in a day. the medical might take upto 10 working days and is valid for a year. so plan accordingly. cheers!

Thank you so much #KISSTAYE, I really appreciate ur response . Please, what is the safest and easiest mode of paying Canadian schools tuition fee in Nigeria at present?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by guzan: 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
kisstaye:

first degree?? or msc?
its à graduate certificate program and its a 2 year course. Already hold a HND.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by akom0908(m): 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
kisstaye:

I would suggest getting a PGD in a reputable uni in Nigeria here,UNILAG,ABU,IBADAN etc before firing for a masters. the condition in the last couple of months with the Canadian V.Os seem to be massive refusals or delays for pple goin to Canada for PGD or certificate programs.
what is the major reason for their refusal in getting people visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mabs16: 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Mabs16:

Thank you so much #KISSTAYE, I really appreciate ur response . Please, what is the safest and easiest mode of paying Canadian schools tuition fee in Nigeria at present?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineinstein(m): 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
For anyone who still needs to book a ticket......I just checked and Ethiopian airline is going for 408k for september 7th.....(i think thats a steal)
Even if you do not have the money now, its worth booking and you have 48hours to pay for it....
which city is dat?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Toronto
martineinstein:
which city is dat?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 11:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
Mabs16:

Bro it's form A. but the timing is the problem. I would suggest u apply via ur bank 3months before the start of your course. why I say that is because of the bidding process via cbn. the process normally takes anything from 3weeks to 2months. it's definitely a lot cheaper than black market. dollar is at 310 as at today. that's FORM A rate. before any1 else misquotes me. but if you don't have that much time then the black market rate it is. it's about 405 as at today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.