Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri (38173 Views)

Soldiers Attack Journalists In Umuahia, Destroy Properties / Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo / Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by babadem2much(m): 6:07am On Apr 02, 2016
Thread closed Omenka nailed it straight

omenka:
The commander is obviously to blame for being so insensitive. Apparently, a lot of people who posted on the first page didn't even take a second to read the story but simply started throwing insults as is typical of them to do- especially being the perpetually angry kids they are.

Availability of the food and water isn't quite the problem, supplying them is. It is said that the road leading to the base is littered with landmines which have to be cleared for one to safely access the base. Apparently, it is traditional for them to get deliveries via roads but given the current situation, they can be airlifted. They got angry because their boss who ought to know very well that is a viable alternative rather flew just himself in with no supplies, which got them angry. Wrong

Imagine someone asking "what hope is there for a country that cannot feed its army". Obviously, such a person didn't even read the first paragraph of the article.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by mysticwarrior(m): 6:09am On Apr 02, 2016
koboko69:

That's the standard.

Those guys will be charged for mutiny.

This is warfare...

Everything is not meant to be smooth...

This is the height of indecipline

Nobody begged anyone to join the army

We signed for it.
. You talking nonsense, so because they signed to become soldiers they should be subjected to inhumane treatment and dehumanization?
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by egoldman(m): 6:15am On Apr 02, 2016
omenka:
The commander is obviously to blame for being so insensitive. Apparently, a lot of people who posted on the first page didn't even take a second to read the story but simply started throwing insults as is typical of them to do- especially being the perpetually angry kids they are.

Availability of the food and water isn't quite the problem, supplying them is. It is said that the road leading to the base is littered with landmines which have to be cleared for one to safely access the base. Apparently, it is traditional for them to get deliveries via roads but given the current situation, they can be airlifted. They got angry because their boss who ought to know very well that is a viable alternative rather flew just himself in with no supplies, which got them angry. Wrong

Imagine someone asking "what hope is there for a country that cannot feed its army". Obviously, such a person didn't even read the first paragraph of the article.
I like your reply omenka , what am trying understand is if you had such views when something close this happened during the last regime ,were you not blaming jonathan as being a clueless president ,but in this case you prefer to limit your blame to the commander.
i dont post or contribute much , but i read a lot on this forum .

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by naijaboy756: 6:19am On Apr 02, 2016
egoldman:

I like your reply omenka , what am trying understand is if you had such views when something close this happened during the last regime ,were you not blaming jonathan as being a clueless president ,but in this case you prefer to limit your blame to the commander.
what useless reply did he give that you like? What senseless reply for crying out loud? If the helicopter can bring the General, what stops if from bringing the food? Don't elevate a comment that makes no meaning at all!!!!
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by egoldman(m): 6:25am On Apr 02, 2016
naijaboy756:
what useless reply did he give that you like? What senseless reply for crying out loud? If the helicopter can bring the General, what stops if from bringing the food? Don't elevate a comment that makes no meaning at all!!!!
My brother plz try to read my full reply to omenka , thanks .
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by mysticwarrior(m): 6:26am On Apr 02, 2016
Sixaxis:
smiles..yea, well defined, open confrontation, battlefield and all dat shii buh let's get dis ryt! Its actually unconventional warfare coz 'boko haram' aint soverign state, so dey can't fight a conventional war. A conventional war is betwn 2soverign states or more wch could also be called symmetric wars, eg Nig army versus Cam army wyl unconventional war is synonymous to asymmetric wars eg Nig army versus boko haram...its also inform of guerilla warfare where opposing party hit and run. Let's get d difference clear
thank you for Educating the man. Conventional warfare is the use of weapons and tactics approved by the geneva convention of 1949. Beside boko haram are using suicide bombers and child soldiers in active combat which the geneva convention strongly denounce. They are using guerrilla tactics to Fight an unconventional warfare.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by omenka(m): 6:27am On Apr 02, 2016
egoldman:

When soldiers mutinied in the past for lack of weapons, I blamed the heads of the armed forces for looting monies meant for procurement and not jonathan himself. I blamed Jonathan when they were being sentenced to death knowing he has had the power to commute their sentence.

By the way, I replied your comment after seeing the pic on your profile, knowing you aren't one of those silly kids out there who I prefer to simply ignore. Good we have adults in the opposition. Perhaps with more folks like you commenting, we could be having sensible and mature arguments here rather than fisticuffs all the time.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by RELEASEUS: 6:41am On Apr 02, 2016
I think it is now feasible to conclude that GEJ was never the problem. With all the hype and hope on PMB, where do we go from here? How can we make Nigeria a better place for us citizens and visitors alike? All Nigerians from 18 to 55 please let's drop partisanship and fight to make Nigeria a better place. We can't continue like this. We can't we just can't. We must weep and wail. We must fight and fight, I am almost in tears typing this message. Wake up my brothers and sisters, we must not allow these people come 2019 again. All of them who was in government for the past almost 17 years must not smell power again. They have ruined our future.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by RELEASEUS: 6:51am On Apr 02, 2016
fabulousmann:
the President is not to blame. there is one selfish bastsrd who has refused to feed them the bastard is obviously benefiting from this God will punish him
But GEJ was blamed when something similar happened not to long ago right? We shld admit we have all failed as a people so we can speed up the recovery process. Come 2019 no one who has been in government over time should think of ruling Nigeria again we the youths must fight them hands down. Their own is now too much to bear.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by RELEASEUS: 6:53am On Apr 02, 2016
olalat:
Cant u just pass if u dont knw how military arrangement work. Must u make stupid comment on all threads u come across on nairaland. One begins to wonder how people like u hv access to internet. Disgusting set of scums.
Bros easy na, wetin the guy talk wey upset you like this? If it's the insult on PMB that is nothing new na in Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 7:08am On Apr 02, 2016
That is not d case. There are particular set of people on this forum that always jump to every thread to make comment that call the level of their intel to question. They make annoying remarks always wc mks one wonder if they think at all. This forum ured to be educative nd enlighthen b4 its invasion by the trolls.
RELEASEUS:
Bros easy na, wetin the guy talk wey upset you like this? If it's the insult on PMB that is nothing new na in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by cyrilamx(m): 7:09am On Apr 02, 2016
Has anybody bother to understand the intention of the GOC? He certainly wants a Biafran country and the best way is to sabotage the effort of these gallant Soldiers by starving them and rubbishing the good work of Buratai. He is a mole in the Nigerian army. So if Boko Haram can strike back, they will defeat the weakened Soldiers, then ipod youths will capitalise on that to justify on calling Nigeria a zoo. The GOC is Victor Eziegwu...No doubts an Ipob sympathiser.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by mbaboy(m): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2016
I thought Buhari said no territory is under siege by Boko Haram
mile12crises:
So the wandering presidiot buhari and his showy Buratai can't even provide food for the soldiers......

So the soldiers are winning the war on empty stomach undecided
No wonder the soldiers now go about setting bushes ablaze so as to hunt for games.

Nigeria no longer different from a zoo
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Sixaxis: 8:03am On Apr 02, 2016
mysticwarrior:
thank you for Educating the man. Conventional warfare is the use of weapons and tactics approved by the geneva convention of 1949. Beside boko haram are using suicide bombers and child soldiers in active combat which the geneva convention strongly denounce. They are using guerrilla tactics to Fight an unconventional warfare.
I xplaind taya o...tnx
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Sixaxis: 8:07am On Apr 02, 2016
gallantsoldiers:
WHAT ARE MY BROTHERS ARGUEING?

IT IS CLEARLY UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE.

D FACT IS DAT THEY CANT ATTACK HEAD ON.

D CUT OFF ALL D SUPPLIES,

PLANT MINES.

ASK URSEF,

WAT IS THERE PLAN?

WAT ARE THE ACTUALLY PLANNING?

LET ME TELL YOU.

THEIR PLAN IS TO STARVE THE SOLDIERS.

THATS WHILE THEY SURROUND THEM.

THEY MIGHT PROBABLY HAVE GOTTEN D INTEL DAT THE SOLDIERS ARE SHORT IF SUPPLIES.

BUT THEY KNOW DAT THEY SOLDIERS ARE TRAIN TO STAY A LONG PERIOD WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT FOOD.

D EAT LITTLE AND FIGHTS HARD.

AND BECAUSE BOKO HARAMS KNOW THAT,

D CAN'T FIGHT THEM HEAD ON.

THERE ARE ALSO THREE REASONS WHILE D CAN'T ATTACK YET:

1. THEY WANT TO STARVE THEM

2. THEY MIGHT BE WAITING FOR REINFORCEMENTS FROM THEIR HEADQUARTERS IN ORDER TO GO FOR A GROUND ASSAULT.

3.THEY PLAN TO CAUSE INTERNAL STRIFE AND DISUNITY AMONG THEM,
SO DAT BY SO DOING,D SOLDIERS MIGHT LOOSE THEIR GUARD.

BUT

STARVE US FOR ONE WEEK,

TWO WEEKS,

THREE WEEKS,

A MONTH.

OUR SPIRITS SHALL NEVER BE DAMPENED.

WHY?

WE FIGHT TO LIVE TO SEE OUR FAMILIES,

OR,

DIE TRYING.

tell d guy! I kip repeating dat! Derz a clear difference btwn d two
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by koboko69: 8:11am On Apr 02, 2016
uchwar1:
Pls respect urself. If u were the, u wouldn't be blabbing here. 4 days without food and water in this harsh weather? Many sldrs collapsed due to dehydration. All u could say is indiscipline? U are one of those who refused to come to NE because of ur so called godfathers. Pls respect urself

Rubbish. I don't blame u guys. Mr man no one chooses by himself who goes to NE or not. They post you there, and u have no choice. If u are not posted there....you have no business there.
Of course media will tell u no food for 4 days. Don't talk about what u don't know. This is warfare. Blocking a GOC, that's one of the highest ranking officers....its totally uncalled for. There are better ways of agitation. Mutiny is punishabe by death. They could do this simply because some soldiers were pardoned by Buhari the first time. You are here making noise, i guess u will put food om their table when they are dismissed and sentenced to life of death. undecided undecided undecided
mysticwarrior:
. You talking nonsense, so because they signed to become soldiers they should be subjected to inhumane treatment and dehumanization?
Babzilla:

Oya peppersoup soldier you signed for this what are you still doing here?
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by omogin(f): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2016
delishpot:
What hope is left when a country can not feed it's army?
Very insensitive govt.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by delishpot: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2016
nijanigga:

how much food does Nigeria produces?

JAMB question. Let me go read my texts books I shall return with my answer. You are answering my question with question.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2016
Oxenomy:
There are so many untold stories going on in North East but as usual, the zoo government are busy dishing us lies upon lies to cover up their incompetence.

So many, we are not ready for the truth.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2016
cyrilamx:
Has anybody bother to understand the intention of the GOC? He certainly wants a Biafran country and the best way is to sabotage the effort of these gallant Soldiers by starving them and rubbishing the good work of Buratai. He is a mole in the Nigerian army. So if Boko Haram can strike back, they will defeat the weakened Soldiers, then ipod youths will capitalise on that to justify on calling Nigeria a zoo. The GOC is Victor Eziegwu...No doubts an Ipob sympathiser.

Just look at yourself. Use a mirror.

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Malawian(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2016
Their food is being consumedby IDPs where they are also fvcking, marrying and giving birth to more people dia.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by lastpage: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2016
mile12crises:
So the wandering presidiot buhari and his showy Buratai can't even provide food for the soldiers......

So the soldiers are winning the war on empty stomach undecided
No wonder the soldiers now go about setting bushes ablaze so as to hunt for games.

Nigeria no longer different from a zoo

Are running Mad .... or why must you always insult the President for even unrelated issues?

I am sorry for the parents that gave birth to you because they really did a bad job on your Upbringing!

I am sure if the ask you to show your father now, even you will be ashamed to put him forward.

Anuofia!

Lastpage!
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2016
kozmokaz:
if only Nigerians really know what is really going on in the north east .... they won't chant sai baba again!!!

imagine a foreign media reporting wat happened in. our back yard... right under our noise and we never heard about it?

wat has happened to the freedom of the press in this country?

they have
blocked all routes to the village. We have no food and
water and the only means to enter Alagarno is by air. No
vehicle can go in and out now because of the mines and
insurgents surrounding the town.

can u imagine ?

boko haram is still fighting a conventional warfare

No, it is soft target. They have been TECHNICAL shocked defeated.

Oyibo. Story..
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by kozmokaz(m): 9:25am On Apr 02, 2016
Naughtysite:

No, it is soft target. They have been TECHNICAL shocked defeated.
Oyibo. Story..
cheesy
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by omololu2020(m): 9:27am On Apr 02, 2016
Bollinger:
Anyway, Nigeria is not ready to have an army for the modern times. What we have is a group of vigilantes erroneously called soldiers. They are the most unmotivated, undisciplined, untrained rag tag group of "vigilantes" i have ever seen.
lomfa grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by famzynet: 9:43am On Apr 02, 2016
Zoo government lying to her citizen since dullard entered govt. Imagine not feeding soldiers defending the zoo. Tufiakwa!
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by uchwar1: 9:58am On Apr 02, 2016
koboko69:

Rubbish. I don't blame u guys. Mr man no one chooses by himself who goes to NE or not. They post you there, and u have no choice. If u are not posted there....you have no business there.
Of course media will tell u no food for 4 days. Don't talk about what u don't know. This is warfare. Blocking a GOC, that's one of the highest ranking officers....its totally uncalled for. There are better ways of agitation. Mutiny is punishabe by death. They could do this simply because some soldiers were pardoned by Buhari the first time. You are here making noise, i guess u will put food om their table when they are dismissed and sentenced to life of death. undecided undecided undecided
well, I dnt pray u witness what happened inside that Bush. I use to think like u before. If I may ask, how many days does it take for a helicopter to bring water from maidugiri to Bulabulin? Habah!
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by DonBobes(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2016
I think its tym the NIG Army starts suing these false news carrier to court for damages!

Wat a terrible lie!
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by DonBobes(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2016
I even confirmed frm my coursemate there & he sed nothin of such happened. That the troops were even happy the GOC came to visit dem.

Truth b told d BH mined the FEBA of own troops bt nt all round.

Think of it, hw will an enemy i sent out of a position nw com round to plant mines or IED behind me? Impossible except dt enemy has anoda objective of capturing a ground behind me or surround me(by-passing or encirclement)

Only God will forgive these animals carrying false rumors. Especially those fake bloggers wanting extraordinary TRAFFIC to their sites.

Also its high time Seun, lalasticlala & mynd44 alwys check the veracity of any post here on NL after, its been posted. Before even moving it to FP.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by DonBobes(m): 10:19am On Apr 02, 2016
kozmokaz:

Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by
using conventional weapons and battlefield tactics
between two or more states in open confrontation. The
forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using
weapons that primarily target the opponent's military.

if boko haram has the power to block all route leading to almagoro ... which I can also call a siege

then young man

it is a convrntional warfare !!!

There are oda ways wit whch u can actually achieve dis:
Planting mines & IEDs around ur enemy. Whch in oda words has actually blocked him from eida goin out or comin in. In dis case, BH only planted mine & IEDs ahead of own troops FEBA(forward edge of battle area).

Encirclement: surrounding the enemy. Whch will also achieve d same result as planting of mines. Bt in dis case, BH CAN NOT achieve dis because d position our boys left to occupy that ground (objective) has our troops there. So BH can NOT surround our troops. Its a fake news.

The Army spokes man jst refuted dt moments ago!
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by kozmokaz(m): 10:22am On Apr 02, 2016
DonBobes:

There are oda ways wit whch u can actually achieve dis:
Planting mines & IEDs around ur enemy. Whch in oda words has actually blocked him from eida goin out or comin in. In dis case, BH only planted mine & IEDs ahead of own troops FEBA(forward edge of battle area).

Encirclement: surrounding the enemy. Whch will also achieve d same result as planting of mines.

the soldier clearly stated that they are also surrounded by enemy soldiers ( boko haram) not just IEDS
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by DonBobes(m): 10:24am On Apr 02, 2016
Sixaxis:
Bro, aint braggn or smfn here..buh I knw this thing coz I did peace and strategic studies @MA level @unilorin. Pls dnt see it as a brag or smfn. It is unconventional warfare or guerilla warfare. Derz a clear difference pls.

Pls emlighten dem. Dis look lost in d dark.
Teach dem pls. If dey dnt listen to u, let dem die wit der iggy attitude!
Tired of talking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / Petrol To Sell At 117 Per Litre As PPMC Slashes Ex-Depot Prices / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.