Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri (38335 Views)

Soldiers Attack Journalists In Umuahia, Destroy Properties / Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo / Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by kozmokaz(m): 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
Sixaxis:
Bro, aint braggn or smfn here..buh I knw this thing coz I did peace and strategic studies @MA level @unilorin. Pls dnt see it as a brag or smfn. It is unconventional warfare or guerilla warfare. Derz a clear difference pls.

a guerilla warfare can simply be called " hit and run warfare"
commonly used by d Taliban in Pakistan ... intelligence gathering is the best way to combat dem ...

boko haram is actually using both d conventional warfare and the guerilla warfare same tactics been implored by ISIS in Iraq and Syria

but in this case ... boko haram is technically using the conventional method... for them to be that "organised"...to be able to surround over 500 well trained soldiers
cutting off there supply route and advancing .... I disagree with u on ur definition of such move as guerilla warfare
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by kozmokaz(m): 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
uchwar1:
u try Sha but there are things u dnt know about military tactics. There are sections, platoons, companies, battalions etc. These groups have particular weapons synonymous to their group. In a conventional warfare, those weapons must be maintained in that group. But a section of bh can carry more than 5 GPMG and RPGs. That makes it unconventional. I hope u should stop arguing. There r many things u dnt know about the military. Note.. BH have their own Intel and tactics but that doesn't mean they r following the conventional way of fighting

is ISIS fighting a conventional warfare or guerilla warfare?
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Honduras: 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
There are fighting technical war.
kozmokaz:
if only Nigerians really know what is really going on in the north east .... they won't chant sai baba again!!!

imagine a foreign media reporting wat happened in. our back yard... right under our noise and we never heard about it?

wat has happened to the freedom of the press in this country?

they have
blocked all routes to the village. We have no food and
water and the only means to enter Alagarno is by air. No
vehicle can go in and out now because of the mines and
insurgents surrounding the town.

can u imagine ?

boko haram is still fighting a conventional warfare

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by kozmokaz(m): 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
Honduras:
There are fighting technical war.

technical?
explain
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Sixaxis: 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
kozmokaz:

a guerilla warfare can simply be called " hit and run warfare"
commonly used by d Taliban in Pakistan ... intelligence gathering is the best way to combat dem ...

boko haram is actually using both d conventional warfare and the guerilla warfare same tactics been implored by ISIS in Iraq and Syria

but in this case ... boko haram is technically using the conventional method... for them to be that "organised"...to be able to surround over 500 well trained soldiers
cutting off there supply route and advancing .... I disagree with u on ur definition of such move as guerilla warfare
OK my broda! Op u get d difference smday! Nyc chattn wd u tho'! Peace
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by kozmokaz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
Sixaxis:
OK my broda! Op u get d difference smday! Nyc chattn wd u tho'! Peace

Shalom
cool
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
If true the GOC should be replaced immediately.

However something just doesn't ring true about this story;

Do fleeing armies ever encircle the enemy they are fleeing from?
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Mavrick2012: 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
olalat:
Thanks damsel, the GOC is in charge of the welfare of the boys under his command. Hes d one to blame 4 refusing to release d package of the boys jare. U will see that he wont hv d courage to court martial them cos hes going to be exposed big time.
Suddenly "the president is not to blame".but if this happens under GEJ,you will joyfully blame "the president".Double standard everywere.lol

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Bollinger(m): 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
pwettiejay:
These people are supposed to be the highest paid coz they'r risking their lives, not considering their families and going to fight boko haram that we don't even want to imagine what it is like

Soldiers are not supposed to be paid too much. What they should get is very very high benefits. Benefits like quality housing, medical, dental and life insurance including free education. this can make you a millionaire if you plan properly. Instant financial gratification is not and should not be the motivation for being a soldier. Pride and self service is the major motivation for being a soldier. Anyway, Nigeria is not ready to have an army for the modern times. What we have is a group of vigilantes erroneously called soldiers. They are the most unmotivated, undisciplined, untrained rag tag group of "vigilantes" i have ever seen.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by gallantsoldiers(m): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2016
WHAT ARE MY BROTHERS ARGUEING?

IT IS CLEARLY UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE.

D FACT IS DAT THEY CANT ATTACK HEAD ON.

D CUT OFF ALL D SUPPLIES,

PLANT MINES.

ASK URSEF,

WAT IS THERE PLAN?

WAT ARE THE ACTUALLY PLANNING?

LET ME TELL YOU.

THEIR PLAN IS TO STARVE THE SOLDIERS.

THATS WHILE THEY SURROUND THEM.

THEY MIGHT PROBABLY HAVE GOTTEN D INTEL DAT THE SOLDIERS ARE SHORT IF SUPPLIES.

BUT THEY KNOW DAT THEY SOLDIERS ARE TRAIN TO STAY A LONG PERIOD WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT FOOD.

D EAT LITTLE AND FIGHTS HARD.

AND BECAUSE BOKO HARAMS KNOW THAT,

D CAN'T FIGHT THEM HEAD ON.

THERE ARE ALSO THREE REASONS WHILE D CAN'T ATTACK YET:

1. THEY WANT TO STARVE THEM

2. THEY MIGHT BE WAITING FOR REINFORCEMENTS FROM THEIR HEADQUARTERS IN ORDER TO GO FOR A GROUND ASSAULT.

3.THEY PLAN TO CAUSE INTERNAL STRIFE AND DISUNITY AMONG THEM,
SO DAT BY SO DOING,D SOLDIERS MIGHT LOOSE THEIR GUARD.

BUT

STARVE US FOR ONE WEEK,

TWO WEEKS,

THREE WEEKS,

A MONTH.

OUR SPIRITS SHALL NEVER BE DAMPENED.

WHY?

WE FIGHT TO LIVE TO SEE OUR FAMILIES,

OR,

DIE TRYING.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by tit(f): 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
uchwar1:
u try Sha but there are things u dnt know about military tactics. There are sections, platoons, companies, battalions etc. These groups have particular weapons synonymous to their group. In a conventional warfare, those weapons must be maintained in that group. But a section of bh can carry more than 5 GPMG and RPGs. That makes it unconventional. I hope u should stop arguing. There r many things u dnt know about the military. Note.. BH have their own Intel and tactics but that doesn't mean they r following the conventional way of fighting

next you will quote me the 1700 law banning snipers and the targetting of officers.
comot for road if you no know.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by olalat(m): 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
Check my moniker, u will discover that i hardly comment or quote people here especially the half witted fool like u. Pls type somethg sensible or get cremated frm my quote. Has gej been invited by efcc 4 all d rubish that took place under his nose during his admin.
Mavrick2012:
Suddenly "the president is not to blame".but if this happens under GEJ,you will joyfully blame "the president".Double standard everywere.lol
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 02, 2016
gallantsoldiers:
WHAT ARE MY BROTHERS ARGUEING?

IT IS CLEARLY UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE.

D FACT IS DAT THEY CANT ATTACK HEAD ON.

D CUT OFF ALL D SUPPLIES,

PLANT MINES.

ASK URSEF,

WAT IS THERE PLAN?

WAT ARE THE ACTUALLY PLANNING?

LET ME TELL YOU.

THEIR PLAN IS TO STARVE THE SOLDIERS.

THATS WHILE THEY SURROUND THEM.

THEY MIGHT PROBABLY HAVE GOTTEN D INTEL DAT THE SOLDIERS ARE SHORT IF SUPPLIES.

BUT THEY KNOW DAT THEY SOLDIERS ARE TRAIN TO STAY A LONG PERIOD WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT FOOD.

D EAT LITTLE AND FIGHTS HARD.

AND BECAUSE BOKO HARAMS KNOW THAT,

D CAN'T FIGHT THEM HEAD ON.

THERE ARE ALSO THREE REASONS WHILE D CAN'T ATTACK YET:

1. THEY WANT TO STARVE THEM

2. THEY MIGHT BE WAITING FOR REINFORCEMENTS FROM THEIR HEADQUARTERS IN ORDER TO GO FOR A GROUND ASSAULT.

3.THEY PLAN TO CAUSE INTERNAL STRIFE AND DISUNITY AMONG THEM,
SO DAT BY SO DOING,D SOLDIERS MIGHT LOOSE THEIR GUARD.

BUT

STARVE US FOR ONE WEEK,

TWO WEEKS,

THREE WEEKS,

A MONTH.

OUR SPIRITS SHALL NEVER BE DAMPENED.

WHY?

WE FIGHT TO LIVE TO SEE OUR FAMILIES,

OR,

DIE TRYING.

Its easy for you to say because you are not there
you have successfully dodged posting to NE thanks to whatever oga Ure currently doing boy boy for
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 02, 2016
uchwar1:
Pls respect urself. If u were the, u wouldn't be blabbing here. 4 days without food and water in this harsh weather? Many sldrs collapsed due to dehydration. All u could say is indiscipline? U are one of those who refused to come to NE because of ur so called godfathers. Pls respect urself

Very well said. Its his type that are always bullying civilians and forming tough guy when the real tough guys are over there

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 02, 2016
koboko69:

That's the standard.

Those guys will be charged for mutiny.

This is warfare...

Everything is not meant to be smooth...

This is the height of indecipline

Nobody begged anyone to join the army

We signed for it.

Oya peppersoup soldier you signed for this what are you still doing here?
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by vislabraye(m): 12:13am On Apr 02, 2016
Oxenomy:
There are so many untold stories going on in North East but as usual, the zoo government are busy dishing us lies upon lies to cover up their incompetence.

Propaganda as usual. And zombies fall for it
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by Umamman(m): 12:18am On Apr 02, 2016
mile12crises:
So the wandering presidiot buhari and his showy Buratai can't even provide food for the soldiers......

So the soldiers are winning the war on empty stomach undecided
No wonder the soldiers now go about setting bushes ablaze so as to hunt for games.

Nigeria no longer different from a zoo

no be watin dey inherited 4rm dia mr badluck be dt
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by gallantsoldiers(m): 12:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Babzilla:

you have successfully dodged posting to NE thanks to whatever oga Ure currently doing boy boy for

HAVE YOU BEEN TO HADES BEFORE?

ITS UNLIKE ANYTHING CALLED PAIN U HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

NORTH EAST IS HADES IN ITS WORST FORM.

DNT DARE ASK ME WHETHER I HAVE BEEN THERE.

AM A REGULAR OFFICER,

AND I HAVE BEEN THERE.

FOR STARTERS,

I DNT HAVE GODFATHER.

I STRIVE TO ATTAIN RESPECT AS A CADET WEN AM STILL IN NDA.

AM A REGULAR.

AM NOT A RANK AND FILE SOLDIER.

I HATE IT WEN AM QUOTE LYK THIS WITH SUCH DISDAIN.

U MIGHT HAVE PAY UR TAX AS A CITIZEN FROM WENCE I GET PAID MONTHLY.

BE MINDFUL OF WHAT U TYPED HERE,PLEASE.

I KNW U ARE A CIVILIAN.

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH U PEOPLE.

U ARE D REASON Y WE DRENCH OF BLOOD IN D NORTH EAST.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by iyb(m): 12:45am On Apr 02, 2016
Victor Eziegwu see the name grin grin grin which region produces name like Eziegwu lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i didnt call anybody o
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by tit(f): 12:54am On Apr 02, 2016
iyb:
Victor Eziegwu see the name grin grin grin which region produces name like Eziegwu lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i didnt call anybody o

all of them should be dismiss from nigeria
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by egoldman(m): 1:32am On Apr 02, 2016
fabulousmann:
the President is not to blame. there is one selfish bastsrd who has refused to feed them the bastard is obviously benefiting from this God will punish him
I wish you had said that during the last regime .
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by egoldman(m): 1:34am On Apr 02, 2016
omenka:
The soldiers surely have genuine grievances.
so omenka who is to be blamed for their grievances ?
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by egoldman(m): 1:51am On Apr 02, 2016
olalat:
Thanks damsel, the GOC is in charge of the welfare of the boys under his command. Hes d one to blame 4 refusing to release d package of the boys jare. U will see that he wont hv d courage to court martial them cos hes going to be exposed big time.
See them ,when such complaints happened during the last regime , i wish you had said this instead of calling someone clueless , una hypocrisy don dey gum for una throats this days .
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by henryhemon(m): 1:56am On Apr 02, 2016
kozmokaz:
if only Nigerians really know what is really going on in the north east .... they won't chant sai baba again!!!

imagine a foreign media reporting wat happened in. our back yard... right under our noise and we never heard about it?

wat has happened to the freedom of the press in this country?

they have
blocked all routes to the village. We have no food and
water and the only means to enter Alagarno is by air. No
vehicle can go in and out now because of the mines and
insurgents surrounding the town.

can u imagine ?

boko haram is still fighting a conventional warfare

Don't sit in your hole and make sweeping n fake statements go to the northeast itself and see for yourself but fools like you will believe you
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by nijanigga: 2:34am On Apr 02, 2016
delishpot:
What hope is left when a country can not feed it's army?
how much food does Nigeria produces?
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by sindan: 2:46am On Apr 02, 2016
hucienda:
the amount of bad news just keeps increasing...

abeg who we offend?
U still dey ask. ..? Na Buhari na
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by uchwar1: 5:32am On Apr 02, 2016
tit:

next you will quote me the 1700 law banning snipers and the targetting of officers.
comot for road if you no know.
u just wrote but never made sense. U didn't communicate

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by sindan: 5:35am On Apr 02, 2016
Babzilla:

grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by babadem2much(m): 5:46am On Apr 02, 2016
That is bad for the kind of leaders the military are having, for those who knows Alagarno the spiritual base of BH is the most deadliest. truth the area is sorounded by mines to and no one will know where exactly this mines are planted.
the same way those officers betrayed GEJ is what they are doing now. they made GEJ look incompetent in the eyes of Nigerians, PMB prepare your hammer or I smell same happening to you
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by omenka(m): 5:53am On Apr 02, 2016
egoldman:

so omenka who is to be blamed for their grievances ?
The commander is obviously to blame for being so insensitive. Apparently, a lot of people who posted on the first page didn't even take a second to read the story but simply started throwing insults as is typical of them to do- especially being the perpetually angry kids they are.

Availability of the food and water isn't quite the problem, supplying them is. It is said that the road leading to the base is littered with landmines which have to be cleared for one to safely access the base. Apparently, it is traditional for them to get deliveries via roads but given the current situation, they can be airlifted. They got angry because their boss who ought to know very well that is a viable alternative rather flew just himself in with no supplies, which got them angry. Wrong

Imagine someone asking "what hope is there for a country that cannot feed its army". Obviously, such a person didn't even read the first paragraph of the article.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by mysticwarrior(m): 5:58am On Apr 02, 2016
Sixaxis:
its unconventional warfare sir
Its guerrilla warefare sir.
Re: Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri by babadem2much(m): 6:05am On Apr 02, 2016
Babzilla:

Oya peppersoup soldier you signed for this what are you still doing here?

Banzilla trash him well, real men are in the NE not in the comfort of they r rooms forming RAMBO.
Oloshi let his wife starve him u no go rest for area.

I was in Born for an assignment. year u can't just but imagine if you have a close relative there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month / Tinubu Finally Speaks On Buhari's Health, Urges Nigerian To Pray / Buhari To Appear Live On NTA Good Morning Nigeria Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.