Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones (37567 Views)

Top 5 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria According To WAEC / Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by LONGFUELCUE: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
The North has a large land mass,thereby having so many schools.

Ewu cambia. Is land mass always a function of population? the North has been using their little brains on the entire country, and we the so called learned generation are still so gullible to their tricks.

Shame to this generation!

1 Like

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by blaqoracle: 11:21am On Apr 02, 2016
you don't know the meaning of illiterate. Illiterate means inability to read and write. In fact it is most southerners that are illiterates because majority of them can neither read nor write. Many of them, their only source of education is watching movies and listening to road side pastors. An average northerner or moslem well grounded in Islamic and arabic studies is usually more academically proficient than the so called half baked products called graduates churned out in the south.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by YaksonFCA(m): 11:23am On Apr 02, 2016
I am not surprised because the Northwest is the largest geopolitical zone in the country. No of schools is different from enrollment rate.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by cutestcee: 11:24am On Apr 02, 2016
Nelsizzy:
After these same set of people will come out and say they are marginalized.

Your level of comprehension is in the negative. U need help with your brain.
U need Jesus
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by darlenese(f): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2016
No wonder Abo.ki will always be Our Gate Man grin grin
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by cutestcee: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2016
blaqoracle:
you don't know the meaning of illiterate. Illiterate means inability to read and write. In fact it is most southerners that are illiterates because majority of them can neither read nor write. Many of them, their only source of education is watching movies and listening to road side pastors. An average northerner or moslem well grounded in Islamic and arabic studies is usually more academically proficient than the so called half baked products called graduates churned out in the south.
shocked shocked SAHAD stores and Shoprite have started selling sense. I suggest u go and get yourself some.
But ur lie ehhhh! shocked. Is your father lie Mohammed? undecided
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by samsard(m): 11:29am On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:
This is crazy..just the way that these gooffons said that north is more populated than south ..I keep asking how can a desert region be more populated than a coastal states or place with tropical forest ....I am in north now yet you drive for hours you won't see a decent settlement

Nigeria is just a lie..director seems to be on point
You are trying too hard to sound smart, most northern states have a huge landmass when compared to southern states (which explains the number of schools in the report, regardless of whta you think). In short, some of the smallest northern states are larger than the biggest southeastern states. And i don't really know the states you visited that you think you know the whole northern Nigeria. + the north is 'not a desert', except if you've not been to the FCT, Kogi, Niger, Kaduna, Plateau & Benue (although i understand the further you go the drier it becomes but). there is enough rainfall to allow for cultivation of food crops and support of large populations. And to burst your bubble, the state of California in the U.S is not a state that experiences heavy rainfall, yet its one of the most productive and populated in the United States.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Teenaira: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2016
skelewu404:
but they still rule the country

No wonder, the country keeps going backwards

1 Like

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by vivalavida(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2016
Pprovost:
Something is strange here......The two most Academically developed Regions (SW and SE) have the least number of primary schools! how come

The emphasis is on publoc primary schools.
Not just primary schools
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Tloc(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
The North has a large land mass,thereby having so many schools.
What has land mass got to do with it, I guess u teach d land bah.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Dollyak(f): 11:36am On Apr 02, 2016
samsard:
You are trying too hard to sound smart, most northern states have a huge landmass when compared to southern states (which explains the number of schools in the report, regardless of whta you think). In short, some of the smallest northern states are larger than the biggest southeastern states. And i don't really know the states you visited that you think you know the whole northern Nigeria. + the north is 'not a desert', except if you've not been to the FCT, Kogi, Niger, Kaduna, Plateau & Benue (although i understand the further you go the drier it becomes but). there is enough rainfall to allow for cultivation of food crops and support of large populations.
You are not consistent. I find it curious you mentioned Kogi, plateau & benue which are neither part of the core north nor share the same cultures. The real truth is the core north is not as populated and educated as projected my the northern elites. Take out the north central and what you get is a desert that is sparsely populated except kano. Land mass has never been directly proportional to population and never will

1 Like

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Nelsizzy(m): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2016
cutestcee:

Your level of comprehension is in the negative. U need help with your brain.
U need Jesus
After insulting me, you are preaching Christ to me. Hypocrite
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Okwyjesus(m): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2016
gohome:
These are the number of primary school Teachers Primary school students

The truth is that only very low income earners send their kids to Public down here in SS/SE. So this figure dont really represent since it did not take note of the Private Schools that most parents down here prefer to send their kids.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by shaqhead: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2016
Pprovost:
Something is strange here......The two most Academically developed Regions (SW and SE) have the least number of primary schools! how come
One word, ENROLMENT! That makes a world of difference...literacy is nt in the number of buildings you know but in how many sit behind those classrooms and make something out of what is being taught there!

The polio case before its eventual eradication is a case in point...if there is no buy in, Almajiri Schools in every corridor wont make a difference.

Am i sayin that people dnt go to school in the North? No! Am sayin that the number that do pales in the face of dose dt dnt considering the population of the north as a whole.

Education as a whole in Nigeria needs to be reworked from the pursuit of just literacy to Numeracy where functional skills are imparted quite early!
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Ohaneche(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2016
Any day anytime the north will always present inflated figures in cases like this.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by samsard(m): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2016
Dollyak:

You are not consistent. I find it curious you mentioned Kogi, plateau & benue which are neither part of the core north nor share the same cultures. The real truth is the core north is not as populated and educated as projected my the northern elites. Take out the north central and what you get is a desert that is sparsely populated except kano.[b] Land mass has never been directly proportional to population and never wil[/b]l
Yes, yes, yes, landmass is not necessarilly always proportional to population, but it does allow for larger populations than on a comparably smaller land area. Anyway, tell that to China and India.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Amoto94(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2016
Dollyak:

You are not consistent. I find it curious you mentioned Kogi, plateau & benue which are neither part of the core north nor share the same cultures. The real truth is the core north is not as populated and educated as projected my the northern elites. Take out the north central and what you get is a desert that is sparsely populated except kano
I think majority of people from the South are suffering from the same disease that's afflicting other continents knowledge of Africa. The Northerners are as educated as their Southern counterparts even if not more than their Southern counterparts. Education comes in different forms and shapes, that one don't fit in your definition doesn't mean that person is not educated. Sometimes the ignorance of the Southerners do come as a surprise to me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by tunene66: 11:50am On Apr 02, 2016
gohome:
These are the number of primary school Teachers Primary school students

I don't think the data is correct.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Collinsc252: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2016
very good information and an avenue to reflect on the political and socioeconomic structure of Nigeria.I will like to know if the source is from ministry of education or Nigeria bureau of statistics.
We need to tell ourselves bitter truth and no foreign interest will do that for us,about the fiscal responsibility structure of Nigeria Nation.without such evaluation and comeout with a structure that can fits into our religious,ethnic and language diversity , we will never move forward and continue to move backward.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, that system where federated units of Nigeria,convene monthly at abuja to share money, not only lazy and give room for political frauds,but it is totally anti progressive,it totally defies the rule of competition and development.
Nigeria is the only country or democracy in the world where such practice is done.
The secret of china today is when they open their economy,allowed their provinces to run their economy,which created competition among the provinces,with a political and policies from their central government.They are today world second biggest economy and also without oil.India,Usa and Japan the same story.
In canada province of Alberta has oil,they control their oil but they are not richer than province of Ontario and quebec that has no oil.Low oil prices affected only Alberta province but not all the country,that is the beauty of decentralized economy resources.
Today Rivers and other Niger delta states are struggling to pay salaries,while Anambra is increasing and paying salary bonuses.Who says that Niger delta states will do better than Anambra or Northern states if federal government creates competition among the states.
The problem is our political leaders are Lazy,visionless,not creative,that is reason they go for easy petrol money.
I wish and praying to God that price for oil will come down to 1usd per 1barrel.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by ebosed: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2016
Most of the pupils in Arewa are "immigrants" from the south... Trust me, l school here even as a southern.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Sunnynwa: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
aminho:
AREWA ON TOP

In the south, the are more private primary schools than there are public. Not so in the North.

Na people wey never green attend free public schools go go pay for private?
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by iyb(m): 12:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
psucc:
Except one has not been to the north he is led to believe these figures being branded as being the true state of affairs. Most of the so-called public schools only exit on papers.

They only do so in order to increase their stakes in the sharing formula of the nations cake.

When does an average Muslim had time to attend public schools when the Alfa is they with his long whip
Foolishness will kill u we are Muslims and we went to school but ur hatred for Muslims will not allow u to see that.
Ignorance is a disease and urs is at the terminal stage
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Gboliwe: 12:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
This is very wrong!

When the time for employment of teachers come, the NW alone will have over 14000 more than the SE.

This is where our revenue go to.

SMH
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nelsizzy:
After these same set of people will come out and say they are marginalized.
bro, you are richly dumb. your case is beyond redemption.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by iyb(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
Dollyak:

You are not consistent. I find it curious you mentioned Kogi, plateau & benue which are neither part of the core north nor share the same cultures. The real truth is the core north is not as populated and educated as projected my the northern elites. Take out the north central and what you get is a desert that is sparsely populated except kano. Land mass has never been directly proportional to population and never will
And who told u that.
A desert that's a lie take out North central and still north west alone is more fertile than south south,south East combined.
Ignorance in nairaland is rampant someone who has not travelled to the north will come out and start acting like a philosopher

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by abdulkayus(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

And this is the mess we have found ourselves ....just tell me any northern states that is moving forward.. Pls don't call Abuja ...let's compare with Anambra , Always Ibom or cross river

Do u know that kano is more beautiful and more developed than any state in the south east?
U need to travel out and learn mprw abt others, stop being fed with lies on social media
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by bahaushe1: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
psucc:
Except one has not been to the north he is led to believe these figures being branded as being the true state of affairs. Most of the so-called public schools only exit on papers.

They only do so in order to increase their stakes in the sharing formula of the nations cake.

When does an average Muslim had time to attend public schools when the Alfa is they with his long whip
Alfa in the north? That more of south west dude. It is obvious you have not been to the north.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Niyinficient(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
aminho:
AREWA ON TOP

And for illiteracy....dem still dey untop!
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by bahaushe1: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pprovost:
Look at the figure again the answer is there: public primary schools. The statistics will change if you look at private primary schools.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Niyinficient(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
Innodon:

It's just d fact

Don't b a dullard....give dat guy evidence make him rest.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by ebosed: 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
The point is most of the primary school in the north are better than some state poly in the South in terms of infrastructure. But most of the pupils are from the other regions, not necessarily North. I schooled in the north and nearly 40% of my class mates are southerners.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by blackfase(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
...and we're yet to see the fruits of that particular labour.
aminho:
AREWA ON TOP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria / Uniabuja Female Student Died While Escaping From Robbers (photo) / Nigerian-British Student Designs A Cathedral With Cereal Boxes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.