Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones (37565 Views)

Top 5 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria According To WAEC / Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Collinsc252: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
Junior66:
These statistics say a lot about northern Nigeria and the general misconceptions about them.
1. The north has a very high population rate contrary to what most people think.
2. Inspite of the large population of kids roaming the streets, the North still has more schools than the south even with the same ratio of teachers to pupils.
3. If these stats are correct, then it is safe to assume that the population of the North is even higher than ascribed to it.
4. Even if these figures are inaccurate, the margin of error should still be low.
5. Think twice before u scream the usual it is goats and cows that vote in the north.
6. Lastly, to those who will scream that Muslims generally do not attend school (this may or may not be true), please be informed that there are several Christian states in the north (assuming the percentage of xtians ins skuls is higher). Plateau, Taraba, Benue are xtian states with many of the other states also boasting a hight population of xtians. When next you make those ugly noises remember dat your millions of relatives in the North also skul there. cheers.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by EazyMoh(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
ChappyChase:

And yet they are the ones with the highest number of illiterate!!!!!
It's simple mathematics, it's just due to the fact that we are the most populated region in the country. So even though we have the highest number of teachers we still need more to take care of our teaming school children. But we are getting there.
I hope next time you won't contradict yourself and claim the figures are bogus.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Collinsc252: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
Junior66:
These statistics say a lot about northern Nigeria and the general misconceptions about them.
1. The north has a very high population rate contrary to what most people think.
2. Inspite of the large population of kids roaming the streets, the North still has more schools than the south even with the same ratio of teachers to pupils.
3. If these stats are correct, then it is safe to assume that the population of the North is even higher than ascribed to it.
4. Even if these figures are inaccurate, the margin of error should still be low.
5. Think twice before u scream the usual it is goats and cows that vote in the north.
6. Lastly, to those who will scream that Muslims generally do not attend school (this may or may not be true), please be informed that there are several Christian states in the north (assuming the percentage of xtians ins skuls is higher). Plateau, Taraba, Benue are xtian states with many of the other states also boasting a hight population of xtians. When next you make those ugly noises remember dat your millions of relatives in the North also skul there. cheers.

very good information and an avenue to reflect on the political and socioeconomic structure of Nigeria.I will like to know if the source is from ministry of education or Nigeria bureau of statistics.
We need to tell ourselves bitter truth and no foreign interest will do that for us,about the fiscal responsibility structure of Nigeria Nation.without such evaluation and comeout with a structure that can fits into our religious,ethnic and language diversity , we will never move forward and continue to move backward.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, that system where federated units of Nigeria,convene monthly at abuja to share money, not only lazy and give room for political frauds,but it is totally anti progressive,it totally defies the rule of competition and development.
Nigeria is the only country or democracy in the world where such practice is done.
The secret of china today is when they open their economy,allowed their provinces to run their economy,which created competition among the provinces,with a political and policies from their central government.They are today world second biggest economy and also without oil.India,Usa and Japan the same story.
In canada province of Alberta has oil,they control their oil but they are not richer than province of Ontario and quebec that has no oil.Low oil prices affected only Alberta province but not all the country,that is the beauty of decentralized economy resources.
Today Rivers and other Niger delta states are struggling to pay salaries,while Anambra is increasing and paying salary bonuses.Who says that Niger delta states will do better than Anambra or Northern states if federal government creates competition among the states.
The problem is our political leaders are Lazy,visionless,not creative,that is reason they go for easy petrol money.
I wish and praying to God that price for oil will come down to 1usd per 1barrel.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by EazyMoh(m): 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
psucc:
Except one has not been to the north he is led to believe these figures being branded as being the true state of affairs. Most of the so-called public schools only exit on papers.

They only do so in order to increase their stakes in the sharing formula of the nations cake.

When does an average Muslim had time to attend public schools when the Alfa is they with his long whip
Look at you a reputable institution has given a statistics and you are trying to disprove it based on sentiments. FYI nobody refers to Islamic teacher as 'Alpha' in the north, so stop deceiving yourself that you know sh!t about the north.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Collinsc252: 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
very good information and an avenue to reflect on the political and socioeconomic structure of Nigeria.I will like to know if the source is from ministry of education or Nigeria bureau of statistics.
We need to tell ourselves bitter truth and no foreign interest will do that for us,about the fiscal responsibility structure of Nigeria Nation.without such evaluation and comeout with a structure that can fits into our religious,ethnic and language diversity , we will never move forward and continue to move backward.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, that system where federated units of Nigeria,convene monthly at abuja to share money, not only lazy and give room for political frauds,but it is totally anti progressive,it totally defies the rule of competition and development.
Nigeria is the only country or democracy in the world where such practice is done.
The secret of china today is when they open their economy,allowed their provinces to run their economy,which created competition among the provinces,with a political and policies from their central government.They are today world second biggest economy and also without oil.India,Usa and Japan the same story.
In canada province of Alberta has oil,they control their oil but they are not richer than province of Ontario and quebec that has no oil.Low oil prices affected only Alberta province but not all the country,that is the beauty of decentralized economy resources.
Today Rivers and other Niger delta states are struggling to pay salaries,while Anambra is increasing and paying salary bonuses.Who says that Niger delta states will do better than Anambra or Northern states if federal government creates competition among the states.
The problem is our political leaders are Lazy,visionless,not creative,that is reason they go for easy petrol money.
I wish and praying to God that price for oil will come down to 1usd per 1barrel.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by kayone76(m): 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
North are still dominating
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by kayone76(m): 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
North are still dominating [right][/right][center][/center]
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Dollyak(f): 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
iyb:

And who told u that.
A desert that's a lie take out North central and still north west alone is more fertile than south south,south East combined.
Ignorance in nairaland is rampant someone who has not travelled to the north will come out and start acting like a philosopher
Fertile? grin. What's your contribution to the federal government? Fertile in what exactly?
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Dollyak(f): 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
Amoto94:
I think majority of people from the South are suffering from the same disease that's afflicting other continents knowledge of Africa. The Northerners are as educated as their Southern counterparts even if not more than their Southern counterparts. Education comes in different forms and shapes, that one don't fit in your definition doesn't mean that person is not educated. Sometimes the ignorance of the Southerners do come as a surprise to me.
Well, UN and many other verified report says otherwise about the education in the north. You guys needs to stop being emotional and face the reality. This is even worthy of a debate.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Dollyak(f): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
So many inconsistencies on this thread.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Dollyak(f): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
samsard:
Yes, yes, yes, landmass is not necessarilly always proportional to population, but it does allow for larger populations than on a comparably smaller land area. Anyway, tell that to China and India.
Since when is China and India bigger than Russia and USA in land mass? You need to get out more or perhaps enlighten yourself. You don't even need to go far. Lagos, the most populated state in Nigeria is also the smallest. Go figure. You lots excuse of land mass is merely a scam to corner more funds to your barren land.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by AmuDimpka: 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
abdulkayus:

Do u know that kano is more beautiful and more developed than any state in the south east?
U need to travel out and learn mprw abt others, stop being fed with lies on social media

But I am in Kano now..isbitbthe central mosqueor the almajiri that won't let you eat or is it the sabo area..Kano is rustic and old
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Amoto94(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
Dollyak:

Well, UN and many other verified report says otherwise about the education in the north. You guys needs to stop being emotional and face the reality. This is even worthy of a debate.
As a statistician I know quite well data can be presented in different ways to suit an agenda, so UN reports aren't trustworthy either. Education is of varying forms and degrees saying one is not educated because he possess no paper qualification is a no-no for me. A man that is productive and is aware of the happenings around the globe via his radio set is an educated man.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Boscojugunu:
Says who. Please furnish My ignorant soul with evidence
seems u re living in sambisa abi.ask us again when u enter Maiduguri.OK bye
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Roxby: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Special tribute!!!!
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.
THE CALL,
When America saw the killing in the north in 2011 just because GEJ won the presidential election, they predicted the disintegration of Nigeria in 2015 knowing that there would be another presidential election and GEJ will again win and the war will begin.
2015 came, they heard and interpreted the Dogs and Baboons soaking in blood statement. America got prepared, they waited in Ghana and observe the happenings the world tuned their ears listening for the sound of bombs and watched expecting the first attack.
The "clock stood still" tension walked through the cities, terror became neighbours, everybody became a suspect.
He remembered the prediction, he remembered the threat, he also remembered the action in 2011.
He asked himself, is my political ambition worth the blood of any man?
The phone resting on the table
Results on cable
Jega's voice not stable
States still calling
Results still coming
Tension keep building
Prediction drawing near
Threat on alert.
He remembered you!!!!
Your importance to your family
Your value to the society
Your hope for the future.
He thought of a way out of this impending secretly organised war.
Just then, he picked his phone
He dialled a number
He said congratulations
And:
America's prediction failed
Buhari's threat failed
He uphold the peace
He uphold ONE Nigeria
The CALL wasn't because he lost
The CALL was for you to live
And YOU are still alive after 365days.
Please, appreciate him and say ....
THANK YOU SIR

copied
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by dokiOloye(m): 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
psucc:
Except one has not been to the north he is led to believe these figures being branded as being the true state of affairs. Most of the so-called public schools only exit on papers.

They only do so in order to increase their stakes in the sharing formula of the nations cake.

When does an average Muslim had time to attend public schools when the Alfa is they with his long whip
I swear,some ppl can lie for Africa.
If I hadn't lived in different geopolitical zones in d north,I'd have been tempted to believe this white lie.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by samsard(m): 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
Dollyak:

Since when is China and India bigger than Russia and USA in land mass? You need to get out more or perhaps enlighten yourself. You don't even need to go far. Lagos, the most populated state in Nigeria is also the smallest. Go figure. You lots excuse of land mass is merely a scam to corner more funds to your barren land.
Look, am in no mood right now, else i'd have white-washed you. But your are not really worth it considering you are already a bitter person. Anyway, the ''barren land" am from is, and has been self sustaining in agriculture. In short, an Isreali remarked that if he had land as fertile as ours, he could ''feed the whole country and still export''. So you should probably take a second look at your ''fertile land'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Dollyak(f): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Amoto94:
As a statistician I know quite well data can be presented in different ways to suit an agenda, so UN reports aren't trustworthy either. Education is of varying forms and degrees saying one is not educated because he possess no paper qualification is a no-no for me. A man that is productive and is aware of the happenings around the globe via his radio set is an educated man.
You are beginning to sound foolish. You don't even understand what you're talking about either. There is a difference between Education, enlightenment and being politically aware. The majority of Northerners are not as educated or enlightened but significant minority are more politically aware compared to the southerners. Once the southerners starts becoming poltically aware by understanding the dynamics of Nigerian politics, then it will be game over for you lots.
There is no doubt Northerners are not as educated as the southerners in the context of Numeracy and literacy. Islamic education doesn't qualify as it doesn't bring social and critical enlightenment needed to succeed in a society.
I don't want to go down the path of education vs enlightenment with you because neither favours your region.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Dollyak(f): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
samsard:
Look, am in no mood right now, else i'd have white-washed you. But your are not really worth it considering you are already a bitter person. Anyway, the ''barren land" am from is, and has been self sustaining in agriculture. In short, an Isreali remarked that if he had land as fertile as ours, he could ''feed the whole country and still export''. So you should probably take a second look at your ''fertile land'.
Give me the fact and stop trying to run away. What do guys contribute to the country? The statistics are all out there. You can't fool me. You guys are big deficit to this nation. Tell me one significant resources from the NW that you contribute to Nigeria. I am not bitter, just hate injustice.
North central isn't part of the north. They share nothing in common with you lots, so don't try to claim their resources.
For a self proclaimed statistician you are doing a great job of being ignorant. If you want schooling I can give you one.

Regards
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Nelsizzy(m): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nashoji:
bro, you are richly dumb. your case is beyond redemption.
Tnx. So cn u now face your business?
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by chiefoboh1(m): 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
This statistic is hard to believe due to the illiterate and neglect to education rate by the northerners who value cow more

1 Like

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Amoto94(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
Dollyak:

You are beginning to sound foolish. You don't even understand what you're talking about either. There is a difference between Education, enlightenment and being politically aware. The majority of Northerners are not as educated or enlightened but significant minority are more politically aware compared to the southerners. Once the southerners starts becoming poltically aware by understanding the dynamics of Nigerian politics, then it will be game over for you lots.
There is no doubt Northerners are not as educated as the southerners in the context of Numeracy and literacy. Islamic education doesn't qualify as it doesn't bring social and critical enlightenment needed to succeed in a society.
I don't want to go down the path of education vs enlightenment with you because neither favours your region.
Madam stop being offensive and stick to the line of argument, you raised a point which was countered with valid argument that you can counter. Saying Islamic education doesn't bring social and critical enlightenment needed to succeed in a society exposes the level of your ignorance and shallow understanding of Islamic education. You just proved my point with this your latest submission. Open your hearts, interact with people from other regions and don't be a hate agent.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Ugwoji101(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
I get am por sukwul flenty flenty mean say we dey go ze sukwul or i sabi am por litafi flenty flenty?
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by lilyheaven: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pprovost:
Something is strange here......The two most Academically developed Regions (SW and SE) have the least number of primary schools! how come
because they have enough private schools than public schools
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by tbolu: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
Part of the reason is that this is a count of PUBLIC schools the south has a large number of private schools, count the number of schools in your area
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Obiwiz(m): 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
If you're blessed, you're blessed. Even if na only one school dey ur region. You'll still be more refined, enlightened, educated and useful than another who's got a million schools in his street and wasn't fortunate enough to be as blessed by the Divine One. Ask the Hebrews.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by barapistis(m): 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
Amoto94:
I think majority of people from the South are suffering from the same disease that's afflicting other continents knowledge of Africa. The Northerners are as educated as their Southern counterparts even if not more than their Southern counterparts. Education comes in different forms and shapes, that one don't fit in your definition doesn't mean that person is not educated. Sometimes the ignorance of the Southerners do come as a surprise to me.

Combined population of us and canada is not up to the half of indian population
But they got bigger land mass

Is africa not larger than china in land mass

Is souther africa not far bigger than nigeria

The figures in the north is wrong

The north usually have 1-3 primary school per local goverment and 1 secondary school per local government(public schools)

1 Like

Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by linusbnn(m): 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
psucc:

How is it our bizness,since they collect allocation based on the number of school,then they should build it
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by Klogo: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
End-time and scam statistics. One does not need to have this infographic to know the state of education participation in Nigeria.

I quite agree lots of thousand primary schools might have been approved for the North, but the SE and SW have the highest enrollment and these figures given are only presented by the Northerners to get more allocation from the govt. Northerners scamming Nigeria since 1914. you call those children sitting under the tree school? and how many are those children sef if counted, minus those roaming the street begging, minus those who disdain western education and would prefer to enroll their wards at Islamic lessons.

#ScamNumber
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by prophetfire: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
aminho:
AREWA ON TOP
bt Y una no dey go de schools naa? Una prefer to dey follow nama for bush. Still de most backward, illiteracy,religous violence n poverty prone zone in nigeria. What a paradox? Who put this revenue allocation induced figures together? Its funny that northern guys are decevin themselves tryin to defend this figures instead of thinkin of how to get out of their bad condition. Anyway its what they use to collect more free money at abuja.
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by mikolo80: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
Vikkie14:
I just can't help laughing.

North accounting for schools more than the south??

With all these almajiris and killers running gaga all over the country?
With the highest illiteracy record?

They wont cease to amaze me.
schools, buildings, contracts not student,s. learn to read and comprehend
Re: Number Of Public Primary Schools In Nigeria According To Zones by X21: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
gohome:
These are the number of primary school Teachers Primary school students

I guess the Almajeri schools are counted and included in these figure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lecturer Asks Students To Submit Notes!!! *pics* / The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.