Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones (33273 Views)

Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money / 6 Alarming Features That Makes Tecno C9 Beat All Other High-end Phones / Why People Still Spend A Lot Of Money On So Called High End Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by olabode89(m): 11:02am On Apr 03, 2016
fentoluwa2:
A disadvantage of a high end device is this:
Broken screen... I tried getting the pouch for my lenovo k3 note (#60,000) , I was unable to. Searched thru stores like jumia n Konga but no luck until the screen broke *sobs* wasted funds! Now to replace same screen will cost about $30.. All those talking about "Corning gorilla screen" as if it doesn't break. I pity you

Lenovo K3 note was my worst investment on a phone (got mine for 49K I think) after 4 months the useless phone began to auto restart, I couldn't do shiit with it. I told myself from that point on that since I am an android person it is Samsung galaxy S series phone onward for me. I have been using a Samsung Galaxy S6 since last year and the experience have been sweeeet!
The benefits include;
- smooth running with no history of lagging eve when I play high end games and run multiple apps simultaneously.
- frequent updates
- high picture quality with both cameras
- light weight with a sleek design ( Samsung copied iPhone grin )
- fast charging, from zero to 100 in 40 mins
- high quality video calls and recording (I do a lot of mock ups of sales videos)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Ramanto(m): 11:03am On Apr 03, 2016
you are missing the 'snub appeal'
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:
k, my first smartphone was an apple iphone 3g and it was beautiful.

I always asked why people would buy such an expensive phone being as most other phones were cheap and worked fine, but then I saw a demo on the apple page about it opening full web pages and that was it for me.

Nowadays though, all smartphones open web pages, although some more elegantly than others, but all do nonetheless.

So now, years later, I find myself asking again why people would go for expensive devices when other cheaper devices exist that work fine. In this case though, I'm yet to see a compelling reason as I did the last time, cause it seems all phones are smart nowadays.

I just got an innjoo one droid and it has a 13mp cam, 5inch screen, decent resolution (290ppi), 2Gb ram and a fast processor, all for under 30k.

So what am I missing? I know the iphone 6's and Samsung S's of this world probably have a better build quality from glass to back materials and so on, but beyond build quality, what am I missing?

1. 5 years to come I can still sell my iPhone 6 for 70k+ if not more

2. FingerPrint

3. Those phones bring RESPECT ( I dunno how but it does)

4. Those phones receive updates before any other phone

5. There's more I can't think of right now
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Hormoniyi25(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:
30k too is on the high side, there are good phone of 10k.
Bros u lie, there is no good smart phn for 10k except its a stolen property
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Vado(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2016
Why do people build mansions instead of modest 4 bedroom flats? Why do they buy expensive cars in millions when you can buy a car that'll fulfill the purpose of mobility for less than mil? See the questions can go on and on...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Henryadaku(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:

I always asked why people would buy such an expensive phone being as most other phones were cheap and worked fine, but then I saw a demo on the apple page about it opening full web pages and that was it for me.

Nowadays though, all smartphones open web pages, although some more elegantly than others, but all do nonetheless.

So now, years later, I find myself asking again why people would go for expensive devices when other cheaper devices exist that work fine. In this case though, I'm yet to see a compelling reason as I did the last time, cause it seems all phones are smart nowadays.

I just got an innjoo one droid and it has a 13mp cam, 5inch screen, decent resolution (290ppi), 2Gb ram and a fast processor, all for under 30k.

So what am I missing? I know the iphone 6's and Samsung S's of this world probably have a better build quality from glass to back materials and so on, but beyond build quality, what am I missing?

Come when will you people grow up....which kind cheap advert be this....innjoo? ....and you re asking why people spend money on expensive phones ...cos cheap things are expensive dummy.......poor fool...next time look for something more creative to talk about
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by capspeter: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2016
My answer to op question is personal and simple.
I've used lots of phone from tecno to innjoo to infinix to gionee to itel to iphone to htc to Samsung etc.
The one thing that makes me stick to high end phones is it's second hand value.
Low end phones has a steep depreciation curve, it losses about 50% of it's value few months after purchase.
As for high end phones, I make lots of profit buying them as second hand.
For example, I got used htc m8 for 30k last year, after a month I exchanged it for iPhone 5s with 5k added. I later sold the iphone for 50k, that's profit for me.
With low end phones, you will end up losing .
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by fortunejum: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2016
People Still Spend A lot Of Money On so called High End Phones because THEY CAN AFFORD IT.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by mojeed4(m): 11:27am On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:

How far brother. Abeg where you get your injoo droid for less than 30k? I am in need of one ASAP
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by ALEXIS0240: 11:28am On Apr 03, 2016
kolnel:
Durability does it for me
Can techno lasts four years ?
My I phone 5 is still waxing stronger after many years
my Tecno M3 is three years and still counting, and am OK with it. Maintenance is everything,
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:

I work hard and play even harder.

What touches my body has to be the finest that I can afford.

I wear an iPhone 6plus and Apple Watch because as far as mobile computing is concerned none is better.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Lezzlie(m): 11:37am On Apr 03, 2016
kYjelly2:

You're missing alot!!!

A 290ppi resolution for a 5'' screen size is mediocre!!!

Not to mention sun-legibility, true multi-tasking, live-multitasking, camera features, e.g simultaneous video and camera recording in HD resolution.

Did i mention 4K video? That's the video resolution you can capture on a mobile and watch it on a colossal flat screen TV without losing pixel count.

Most high end devices supports wireless and quick charging technology.

Besides, like cars, high-end devices are statement of style and class!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by ogwuche4u(m): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2016
Tonyreal49:

Matthew 16:26

What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
how does that correlate to the discussion here? #itooknowbible
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 03, 2016
airsaylongcon:

The FBI just withdrew it's suit against Apple Inc. after successfully hacking an encrypted iPhone

If true Apple still won.

Apple stood up to the combined power of the United States.

If it was a Google product it will be easily hacked and they won't even need a lawsuit.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by pulsa(m): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2016
Atlantian:
You have just answered the question. One man's high point is another person's low point. I have flagships of both apple and Samsung instead of joining the bandwagon of those fighting about which is best, I always buy both, by the grace of the cosmic energy, the price for these phones are not high end for me. So, I believe the deciding factor is your pocket. Buy what your pocket can carry. This world has different brands, from standard, to premium, to deluxe and then to exclusive brands. In my world, I go for exclusive brands, it is not a waste, it is just who I am. It is not just about the phone, its about your personality, your image, your class is tied to stuff you own. while others sleep on mouka form, others sleep on tempur mattress. Poverty is a choice, so is wealth.

Permit me to end this post with this quote: "A lion can never eat grass no matter the condition of the jungle."

You seem so out of place here with your "cosmic energy" reference and your username. You sound like people who give advice on sites like quora,or who bury themselves in self-help books, pray tell which of the above do you do?.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by omolola15(m): 11:55am On Apr 03, 2016
happney65:
Omolola15 this is ur thread..oya come olori gbeske

It's simple. I use high end phones because I can afford it. It's what I sell and i love it specifically for games. Make i dey play games make phone dey hang. Lai Lai!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by WailingWailer00(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2016
used a tecno phantom A+ and upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy s4

currently rocking a Galaxy Note 4 and looking at it alone gives me an erection

cheap things are always cheap and I hate seeing whitish grey display on phones instead of solid black color vibrancy
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Obiwiz(m): 11:56am On Apr 03, 2016
Oga, difference dey o. I lost my Samsung Galaxy Note II last February, then I got a Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo, which I'm using now. I can tell you, I'm finding it difficult to come to terms with the drop in quality- in terms of speed and fluidity, RAM size, battery life and integrity, speed of charging, screen resolution, camera power, audio quality, loudness of external speaker, and most painfully, the lack of an S Pen.
My brother, there's a reason high-end phones are sold at their price, there may be a little over hyping and over pricing o, but better thing good die!
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by datigbogirl: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2016
gidimasters:
yea, even lesser(4,500), Im enjoying my itel 3 sim phone(java) that has a good fm radio(wireless) can even change ur voice 2 a girls voice, i enjoy my 2go v2.0 on it. it has 3.0m.p camera and 1.2mp front camera...What else do i need in a phone o

Chai...your suffering no be here.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by scachy(m): 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
gidimasters:
yea, even lesser(4,500), Im enjoying my itel 3 sim phone(java) that has a good fm radio(wireless) can even change ur voice 2 a girls voice, i enjoy my 2go v2.0 on it. it has 3.0m.p camera and 1.2mp front camera...What else do i need in a phone o
I think u might need Nimbuz and Waptrick in it too grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Pain(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
It's the same reason why you prefer some women over others even though 99% of them are basically the same at the core undecided

Same with your shoes. One fact is that beyond functionality, these gadgets have become icons of status and fashion statements

Happy sunday

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
High end varies from one person to another. Everyone has what he or she can spend all his/her cash on as long as it's what they can "AFFORD".

That's why it bores me when people say Otedola can't buy such phone, blablabla... like they know how much his suit/wrist watches/shoes etc cost.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Dklef(m): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
truthspeaks:
Depression. Ppl r depressed n r always lookin for ways 2 distract demselves frm d stress n hardship dat evryday life poses to dem.

LOL Bros! This is far from it.
Thought i should add.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
for the record, lemme crown it. as we all know phone today are use as fashon accessory, just try operating your phone today in the public cab, then you will understand that you dont need to drink pepsi to have long neck.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by gidimasters(m): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
scachy:

I think u might need Nimbuz and Waptrick in it too grin grin grin
lols why u cum take am personal... i just dy remember dos days na

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by gidimasters(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
datigbogirl:

Chai...your suffering no be here.
lol, se make i send my account number
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by KingRex1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
I bet u cnt take pics under water with Innjoo.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by huntax(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

What the OP is trying to say is, you could argue for instance that an infinix hot note pro could be equivalent(or even better) to a Samsung S6 in terms of the OS, battery, processor and camera. At least, it beats it hands down in terms of battery and that is what matters in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by Originalsly: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
For most people...it's ego....and these are the people that sacrifice a lot...even body and soul to get it... the very people that use it to mainlygossip talk and chat and aimlessly browse the internet sparingly since they be struggling and begging for credit. Some can simply afford it....no sweat....while others do need it for speed and other capabilities for work or business purposes...which the lower end phones can't do or take too much time processing. Whatever the reasons...the show must go on!
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by huntax(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

What the OP is trying to say is, you could argue for instance that an infinix hot note pro could be equivalent(or even better) to a Samsung S6 in terms of the OS, battery, processor and camera. At least, it beats it hands down in terms of battery and that is what matters in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by nwadiuko1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
high end or not.......my first blackberry phone was the bold 5........since then I haven't tasted another brand I love it.......am unto blackberry leap now.....
Re: Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones by datigbogirl: 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
Drabeey:
Lol. I have this believe some Nigerians just use those samsumg and co products just to show off that they have money tyan those using the like of Tecno. Most of them dont even know the functions well, and cant operate it to its last function.
The trurh is dat those using the mtk and cheap devices are more of techys and can bend the phones as they like....

Anyways...

DrabeeyWasHere

"Bend the phone as they like" Typical of Kazeems dat bend Car Engines as they like till it knocks...no wonder Wizkid said: broke ppl always think they have an opinion....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate / How To Watch Live Matches, TV Programs And Movies On Tecno And Other Androids / Which Data Plan Lasts Longer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.