Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! (57034 Views)

My Wife Still Sends Pictures To Her Ex Boyfriend, I Feel Cheated & Heartbroken / I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me / Why Are Black Women Always So Angry? - Black Women Share Their Stories (part 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 04, 2016
familyrocks:
Change too, just start Ignoring him totally, in fact just live as Co tenants. And from your write up it seems he is not doing well financially and your still young so please the second option is leaving that marriage before you get pregnant

ur moniker says family rocks and u feel a wife leaving her husband is the way the family will rock. Funny u!

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Obynolee(f): 6:27am On Apr 04, 2016
Tekevwe:

I'm not the clingy type, if anything I used to be the exact opposite and decided to work on it when I got a few complaints. We both go to work and I get back home by 6pm. He gets in by 9 and just wants to eat, bath, and sleep.

His office is just five minutes from the house and he works for himself so I know its not Lagos traffic. I just feel we should share how both our days went sometimes. He also does the same on weekends when he's home and keeps to himself. I let him be for a few hours and when I try to go to him he's cold still, like he wants to be alone.

I'm beginning to feel lonely.

The truth is that your husband might be an introvert or that might be his life style and he acted up while dating you in other not to scare or lose you.I did exactly the same to my wife because I discovered then that she is the type that looks at someone's face alot,if you are not cheerful you are angry and that scares the hell out of her,but we understood ourselves better now and happy.I think you should relax and stop reading meaning into his moody behaviour since it doesn't affect how he treats you or does it.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 04, 2016
Tekevwe:
I got married to my husband a some months ago. Before we got married we dated for a while and my husband was the smiling type, though I noticed he bones a lot with his siblings.

Our courtship was great. He used to give me practically everything I wanted (affection and care) even before I asked. He showered me with so much love that I thought I was dreaming. I saw some other qualities in him and felt he would make a great husband.

The first week of our marriage, my husband changed, started boning round the house and withdrew into himself. His office rent was due that month so I felt that was cause and let him be. Several months down the line and things re d same or even worse. He gets home boning, eats and goes straight to bed. If I try gisting with him he answers in monosylables and you can see the disinterest on his face.

The only time he smiles at home is when he wants to be intimate. That's the only time he's soft with me now and the only time I feel connected to him. I asked him if I offended him in any way and he says no, that the pressure of providing for a new family is getting to him.

I didn't play hard to get cos I don't believe in such so I don't know why the change.

There are some other qualities I discovered in him that I never saw while we were dating. I jokingly told him he has changed and that day he smiled and said he had to give me all I wanted cos he didn't want to lose me since I'm a pretty girl. Now that we re married its like he can't be bothered with trying anymore.

Also deep down I don't tink he loves me and feel he just married me cos he isn't so young anymore (almost 40) and he's parents were mounting pressure on him. He's snappy with me now which never used to happen.

He also has a wall built around him that I can't seem to penetrate. I feel so depressed each time I'm home, being married to a man I feel no connection to.

I don't know if this is what marriage entails. If it is, then please, married folks should hint me so I can adjust my mindset to this new change.

Also, what can I do to break through and get through to him?

If u'v seen the movie "War Room" u will realise that the right place to be isn't here...But on ur knees. U are under ur man, so table the matter to the person who stands above him (GOD) else ur marriage will be in for a fall with all these advice canal men are giving to u here to ignore the man too. The word is enough for the wise. This might be the last advice u will receive on this matter, but it will be the one to save ur marriage.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by olalat(m): 6:28am On Apr 04, 2016
Counselor, are u married? Cos i see u trying to push that woman out of her matrimony. Earlier comments had really addressed the issue. Ur own advice if followed will just gv d man excuses not to sleep at home again. The man may be under serious pressure, the woman should just act normal and give him littke space nd mk herself happy. He may misinterprete her actions pls. No perfect marriage. Stop giving married people advice as if they are boy to girl friends pls, else u just promote animosity in d house.
Eddygourdo:
You marriage is very young and being that you never had the fine tuning phase during courtship. You both are having it now. Too bad he is pulling away while you are pulling closer and it's frustrating you.

You need to do the reverse affection method, pull away in character too. I don't mean emotionally, but it's a game to get his attention. Whenever he smiles at you frown and be disinterested though give him Wat he wants. Ignore him alot and give him the cold shoulders without it being very obvious. Continue thus till you have his attention and he starts asking you Wat the problem is.

Even when he asks, tell him nothing. Give him more cold shoulders and hide ur cheerfulness. This character if it drives him nuts then it's proof he loves you and was going through a phase

Give him more cold shoulders till he gets angry at ur behaviour and flips out. It only then that you table his offences to you. Hopefully you both would have a heart to heart talk and he would open up to you on what u is killing him

This is a fine tuning phase and if handled properly will pass, making ur marriage stronger

2 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by DEXTROVERT: 6:28am On Apr 04, 2016
Tekevwe:
I got married to my husband a some months ago. Before we got married we dated for a while and my husband was the smiling type, though I noticed he bones a lot with his siblings.

Our courtship was great. He used to give me practically everything I wanted (affection and care) even before I asked. He showered me with so much love that I thought I was dreaming. I saw some other qualities in him and felt he would make a great husband.

The first week of our marriage, my husband changed, started boning round the house and withdrew into himself. His office rent was due that month so I felt that was cause and let him be. Several months down the line and things re d same or even worse. He gets home boning, eats and goes straight to bed. If I try gisting with him he answers in monosylables and you can see the disinterest on his face.

The only time he smiles at home is when he wants to be intimate. That's the only time he's soft with me now and the only time I feel connected to him. I asked him if I offended him in any way and he says no, that the pressure of providing for a new family is getting to him.

I didn't play hard to get cos I don't believe in such so I don't know why the change.

There are some other qualities I discovered in him that I never saw while we were dating. I jokingly told him he has changed and that day he smiled and said he had to give me all I wanted cos he didn't want to lose me since I'm a pretty girl. Now that we re married its like he can't be bothered with trying anymore.

Also deep down I don't tink he loves me and feel he just married me cos he isn't so young anymore (almost 40) and he's parents were mounting pressure on him. He's snappy with me now which never used to happen.

He also has a wall built around him that I can't seem to penetrate. I feel so depressed each time I'm home, being married to a man I feel no connection to.

I don't know if this is what marriage entails. If it is, then please, married folks should hint me so I can adjust my mindset to this new change.

Please consider my sincere advice
I think God put this in my mind as I read your complaints

1. Don't act hostile or bone from him,you might start a journey of separation.
2. He's most likely depressed from Finances
Try
3. Look for, or present a proposal of ur own business or employment aimed at boosting family finances
4. Urge him to be regular with church activities, create a family regular praying time, don't forget to always stress financial dominance whenever you have to pray in his presence
5. Read Inspirational books on how to maintain peaceful home

2 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by doskie(m): 6:29am On Apr 04, 2016
dBard:

A lot of u don't understand how much pressure comes with being married. Not a diss but the truth. Ur married now, n while Ur still in d euphoria of building a family, he suddenly has bills, responsibilities (esp familial) n work/career pressures to deal with and sometimes,it ain't easy to accommodate all that ...problem is, typical of we men, we don't communicate/cry as y'all would as such times n even appear withdrawn n that may leave u feeling 'unloved'.
U need to look outside yourself n reach out to him, through the walls YOU HAVE ALLOWED him build around himself...allowed 'cos, like it/not, u 2 r 1 now n each other's responsibility.
It's usually sexual, financial/another woman....take Ur pick, but it's obviously financial I.m.o... be as understanding as a mother here n you'll probably get a breakthrough.
I've been there, I know..
Cheers
you are frightening me boss. as in fear is catching up with my heart as I dey read watin you type.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by focus7: 6:34am On Apr 04, 2016
To respond to the concern you raised about if this is what marriage is entailed I say no to that; I have been married for some years now and making sure I provide a happy environment around my wife and the kids has been of primary interest and obligation to me to the point that even when I faced pressure outside I make sure I don't import the effect home since I cannot afford a tensed and moody home, I cracks jokes sometimes to create a lively atmosphere, we all share things I brings home or she brings home together watches the TV together and other things. So marriage is not like what you are experiencing, especially between the husband and wife companionship must exist, your husband I guess is just this type, from what you posted he was so to his siblings. Pray for him, get into talk with him on this and never get tire.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by olalat(m): 6:35am On Apr 04, 2016
Clap 4 ur self. Excellence! U suceeded in breaking one home today. Its indeed true thdt the world is fraught with agents of devil nowadays.
familyrocks:
Change too, just start Ignoring him totally, in fact just live as Co tenants. And from your write up it seems he is not doing well financially and your still young so please the second option is leaving that marriage before you get pregnant

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by goingape: 6:35am On Apr 04, 2016
hassymo5:
WAT IF IM HER HUSBAND READING ALL THESE POST
you will know that women can lie more than the devil
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Eddygourdo(m): 6:36am On Apr 04, 2016
olalat:
Counselor, are u married? Cos i see u trying to push that woman out of her matrimony. Earlier comments had really addressed the issue. Ur own advice if followed will just gv d man excuses not to sleep at home again. The man may be under serious pressure, the woman should just act normal and give him littke space nd mk herself happy. He may misinterprete her actions pls. No perfect marriage. Stop giving married people advice as if they are boy to girl friends pls, else u just promote animosity in d house.
before I respond and explain anything to you. Are you married?
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by tete7000(m): 6:37am On Apr 04, 2016
Tekevwe:
I got married to my

Lay your hand on this book and read 'Men are from mars, Women are from venus'. It might help you. You may also get him a copy too if he won't mind reading. The book will benefit you both.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by olawumi06(f): 6:38am On Apr 04, 2016
Eddygourdo:
You marriage is very young and being that you never had the fine tuning phase during courtship. You both are having it now. Too bad he is pulling away while you are pulling closer and it's frustrating you.

You need to do the reverse affection method, pull away in character too. I don't mean emotionally, but it's a game to get his attention. Whenever he smiles at you frown and be disinterested though give him Wat he wants. Ignore him alot and give him the cold shoulders without it being very obvious. Continue thus till you have his attention and he starts asking you Wat the problem is.

Even when he asks, tell him nothing. Give him more cold shoulders and hide ur cheerfulness. This character if it drives him nuts then it's proof he loves you and was going through a phase

Give him more cold shoulders till he gets angry at ur behaviour and flips out. It only then that you table his offences to you. Hopefully you both would have a heart to heart talk and he would open up to you on what u is killing him

This is a fine tuning phase and if handled properly will pass, making ur marriage stronger
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by goingape: 6:39am On Apr 04, 2016
familyrocks:
if a woman start ignoring me she just give me the go ahead to flex outside and CHEAT. infact I will be planing to kick her out of the house because she is no longer useful to me.

you called yourself familyrocks but throwing stone at someone's marriage with your RUBBISH advise!

congratulation!

2 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by ipreach: 6:39am On Apr 04, 2016
emmydeep:
Opposite partner
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Obynolee(f): 6:41am On Apr 04, 2016
[
And from your write up it seems he is not doing well financially and your still young so please the second option is leaving that marriage before you get pregnant[/quote]

If I understands you,are you saying that she should leave the marriage before getting pregnant because of the man's financial status
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Btruth: 6:41am On Apr 04, 2016
Eddygourdo:

....this man here has given you enough advice. Don't ask for more, except you want to be scold. A few/little words they say, is enough for the......

Good morning!

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 04, 2016
U no go kill me with laugh
EggovinMma:
Lol.
Maybe you should give him a little bit of space.Its just a moody phase that will eventually phase off. Men with their wahala. You can't just satisfy them, their head dey knock anyhow like HONDA engine.

Try and go back to your own shell. Be sweet but still give him space, enough that he will notice.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Trapnews: 6:42am On Apr 04, 2016
PresVA:
Op, you may have to find out if he's having any challenges which you ain't aware of. .. If no challenges, then maybe he isn't into you and probably got married out of pressure from parents. ..
Continue to initiate conversations, maybe suggest you go out together, play games, see movies together et al..anything that will help you two bond... I believe gradually, he'll come around. .

Ps: His attitude isn't normal, a newly wedded couple should still be all lovey-dovey biko and not this boring; nothing like giving space biko... .. I hope you achieve better results. ...All the best. .
Another TELEMUNDO patient, keeping living in fantasy. I pity the unfortunate fellow wey go marry you with this your mentality tongue
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by juman(m): 6:44am On Apr 04, 2016
obowunmi:
You married the wrong man.

Start planning for divorce.

I also think that way.

She should not have any child for now.
They should see a counselor, hope he change and cheer up.
But if that does not help she should engages his parents, if that fails she should consider divorce.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 04, 2016
Ujoan:

So now it's her fault? ?
Did you miss the part where he said he was only pretending to be cheerful to get her to marry hin??

Oga or Madam, he wasn't pretending as the OP insinuated, he was actually being truly cheerful coz he had no financial issues then until after the wedding.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by sykeng(m): 6:48am On Apr 04, 2016
PresVA:
What a hasty conclusion undecided ... did the op say they're in debt Even if he's in debt, did anyone force him to spend that much? Is he a kid?
People like you always find ways to blame women for everything. .. You're here making it seem like men easily bow to women's pressure or pleas...if they do, then why haven't all cheating men whose wives cry and beg everyday changed?

Mtcheeew, it's a woman's fault when you spend beyond your budget as if you're a kid and don't know when to say No.. or atleast go for a woman in your class...
.I like ur write up but i hate this part (go for a woman in your class) that means u agreed to the points the person you quoted made. for me i prefer women that have style than class. hope you the know the difference?

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by WhoBeThisMan: 6:50am On Apr 04, 2016
x240:
I like to look at the Genesis of an issue.

WHEN they warn ladies to do it slowly and be frugal during weddings. They say na rubbish we dey talk. We all know that day is what most ladies look up to and want it to be the talk of the town but you also need to learn what happens during the lead up to that day may determine what would happen in the first few yeats of your marriage.

Which man won't go boning?

After putting him into debt. Remember those times he said you should reduce the guest list or go for a cheaper wedding gown and you turned it down. Or the times you never gave a damn about the cost of items and went for the most expensive. Now it is over and he is in deep shit.

I don't blame you but the results of the kind of debt we put new couples into because of an elaborate wedding and "let them know and see me" attitude only manifests when the curtains are drawn.

He has spent all his money on wedding and now can't pay for office rent just few months down the line. What would happen when the kids roll in?

Seriously, i don't know what you can do. Just pray the times change and turns more favorable or get busy and start bringing in some bucks to help lessen the pressure on him. He is also to blame, you know the status of your finances but caved into societal pressure now you are turning back the anger on her. Not good.
G

You painted a very vivid picture of what happens in alot of marriages after the wedding ceremony.

This may actually be the reason. I will advice the wife not to get angry,but stand with her husband, and encourage him. Also try and be supportive(that's if this is the case).

Getting angry or boning him will only compound issues

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 04, 2016
A man who waited till 40 to get married though...I think dude's got issues.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by easy1960(m): 6:52am On Apr 04, 2016
stay close to your, and God will bring him back to you.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by olalat(m): 6:54am On Apr 04, 2016
Yes, im married with kids. A self employed man whose income is nt fixed but has fixed bills to settle at regular interval. So i know what im talking abt. The may be passing through a lot of pressure. Finance, family etc. She has to gv him space but act normal in d house. She shld nt mk d house hot 4 him again. The man may an introvert and again wt of if she is unable to conceive yet nd pressure is mount frm d family wc he may nt like to tell her so as nt to cause friction betw her nd d familw member. Many water do pass under the bridge pls.
Eddygourdo:
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by gidjah(m): 6:54am On Apr 04, 2016
My dear sis, no mind them, dem wanna scatter the young ladies home be that o!awon Ada leru gbogbo!God dey see Una biko!.Some us married peeps know this method won't work or go far, you do NOT use petrol to quench fire ,or do You if my woman does that back at me,then she has aggravated the matter to another level and that might pull down that home o!,they are still young and needs to still get use to one another. It also seem they are really coping with times and tides ,she must play the mature and help him round .And the most. Terrifying thing is gonna be Of oga sir is not spiritual at all,.....because with the kind of comment she got from him it shows he is just some 'random nice guy '..so this one na either one chance or na gone !! No
Evina:
Those people typing "give your husband space" angry obviously aren't married and don't know what being married entails.

You have crossed over from being alone to becoming ONE with another!
You have crossed over from being selfish to being selfless!

This is a summary of what marriage entails.

This is the reason a person MUST attain emotional maturity before getting married.

Tekevwe dear, oniovo... I sympathise with you. Going by your post, your husband seems to be a recluse who is unable/unwilling to get past himself.

Is he spiritual?
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 04, 2016
Zambux:
Prayer changes everything, your marriage is still too ealu to be experiencing all these.
why couldnt prayer save oyakilome nd okoties marriages Prayer changes nothing if d pple involved dont change
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by olalat(m): 6:56am On Apr 04, 2016
Yes, im married with kids. A self employed man whose income is nt fixed but has fixed bills to settle at regular interval. So i know what im talking abt. The may be passing through a lot of pressure. Finance, family etc. She has to gv him space but act normal in d house. She shld nt mk d house hot 4 him again. The man may an introvert and again wt of if she is unable to conceive yet nd pressure is mount frm d family wc he may nt like to tell her so as nt to cause friction betw her nd d familw member. Many water do pass under the bridge pls. Ur advice will ruin her home i repeat. She shld nt heed to it. Thanks.
Eddygourdo:
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Reference(m): 6:59am On Apr 04, 2016
From your story it is clear that you don't love him and never really did. Your relationship barometer is all about what you have been getting which is lacking now. How about giving. Start giving and he will change. You will meet in the middle. That is love. That is marraige.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by WhoBeThisMan: 7:00am On Apr 04, 2016
olalat:
you are very correct. He is not her boyfirend, this is her husband. If you check closly you will findout that "the advicer" is not even married.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 04, 2016
EggovinMma:
Lol.
Maybe you should give him a little bit of space.Its just a moody phase that will eventually phase off. Men with their wahala. You can't just satisfy them, their head dey knock anyhow like HONDA engine.

Try and go back to your own shell. Be sweet but still give him space, enough that he will notice.
good one. I am married so I understand this very well
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by chimah3(m): 7:01am On Apr 04, 2016
How old are you @ op U went to marry sum1 almost twice your age. I bet! U din marry your friend. U din court enough. U din grow to know who you married. U probably fell for all the pre marriage decite. Lol.

God is your strength.
Just go to church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her / Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.