Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! (57001 Views)

My Wife Still Sends Pictures To Her Ex Boyfriend, I Feel Cheated & Heartbroken / I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me / Why Are Black Women Always So Angry? - Black Women Share Their Stories (part 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Acidosis(m): 7:42am On Apr 04, 2016
When we tell people to marry for LOVE only, they say NO! compatibility/stability is all that matters.

All these wahalas are due to the fact that you married a man whose interest is based on stability, not love.

People, marry for LOVE! Mid-life crisis, giving space, and all these nonsense only happens when your marriage is not based on LOVE.

Serious lovers who are extremely addicted and lost in love do not pass through such phases, they enjoy marriage always. They do not read books and comments on how to treat a stubborn husband.

Withdrawing into your shell may complicate things if love is absent. We only care about those we love. Marrying for stability is EVIL, you can't get stability in a home where LOVE is absent, all you will get is LONELINESS & Bitterness (and may be violence when you marry a very stubborn, lousy and hardened man as a husband).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2016
Worksunlimited:
I parricularly don't like it when a woman starts a complaint with he used to give me practically everything she wants...

E get as the thing dey vex me... Woman go just dey believe say man just come dis world come be yes man.. Utter rubbish...

If he was giving u all u wanted before marriage buh suddenly stopped giving u after marriage.. You shouldn't lament... Instead u sef suppose vex spoil ur man silly... Spoil am till im sef come ere begin complain bout how wonderful his wife is and giving thanks to God for changing her mindset from a collector to a giver...

Yet to meet a woman who is a giver sha... The wans wey I dey meet their mouth dey always be like korodome.. Stingy to the hell's core...

99% of women's brain was configured be be stingy.

What beffles me is how they mostly come online to complain how some guys are stingy, most of these girls are like OCEANS, they don't give, they only know how to collect.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by BB013(m): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2016
Ujoan:

So now it's her fault? ?
Did you miss the part where he said he was only pretending to be cheerful to get her to marry hin??

U lack comprehension

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Atlantian: 7:43am On Apr 04, 2016
Everyone has turned to marriage counsellors even the very single men that cant afford to 'maintain' girlfriends believe they can advise the OP.

Op, the answer to the problem is very visible in your own thread. Your husband is presently unable to renew his office rent few months into the marriage. It means there is financial problem there. For an early marriage to have financial crisis that threatens their very own source of livelihood is enough to make a concerned and worried man go bunkers.

The ONLY solution to your marriage is cash money, money to pay the office rent, and if you are living in rented apartment, he is alsp worried about that too. And if you are using generators in this Buhari lightless country, the fact that he cant afford rent and is managing to fuel exhorbitant black market generators is enough to make a man to have erectile dysfunction too. It is not just your husband, many families are also in crisis, your own small sef.

Take it easy, you dont have to use manipulations here, because he is not a bad husband as you clearly stated, but he is under enormous after-wedding pressure which hits most people like thunderbolts. If that man receives alert of 20million, he will become more romantic than Alejandro of Telemundo grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by onome2013: 7:43am On Apr 04, 2016
Too early for you to be assuming.
If you continue like this, d marriage may pack up soon. Because of the economy , husband is difficult to get now. Just be patient with him, because he may be trying to know the tye of wife he married
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by obiaguna(m): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2016
Eaa247:

Evrytin is ok wit him I suppose. He mayb rough bt dat seems to b d hard truth in cases lik ds.

Lol he sounded very angry.. I was beginning to wonder.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by SAMBARRY: 7:44am On Apr 04, 2016
missjahiniekpe:

He should have remained single if he wanted 'the me time' married couples can't afford the me time.
so because he's married she shows be all over his face. No Tim for self evaluation and personal reflection OR meditation that needs to be done alone in total tranquillity

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Atlantian: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2016
Acidosis:
When we tell people to marry for LOVE only, they say NO! compatibility/stability is all that matters.

All these wahalas are due to the fact that you married a man whose interest is based on stability, not love.

People, marry for LOVE! Mid-life crisis, giving space, and all these nonsense only happens when your marriage is not based on LOVE.

Serious lovers who are extremely addicted and lost in love do not pass through such phases, they enjoy marriage always. They do not read books and comments on how to treat a stubborn husband.

Withdrawing into your shell may complicate things if love is absent. We only care about those we love. Marrying for stability is EVIL, you can't get stability in a home where LOVE is absent, all you will get is LONELINESS & Bitterness (and may be violence when you marry a very stubborn, lousy and hardened man as a husband).

Guy, I can bet with my left ball that you are not married. You talk so much about love as if love is totally sexual. Hell No, sex is just an attribute of love. Read about it. Within the context of the OP's marriage. The crisis is not about love, they make love. The crisis is threatening their love. The crisis is of financial nature and some men do not know how to tell a woman a word like "I am broke, I dont have" and they tend to keep it to themselves. It practically shows in their character. They still Bleep, and he smiles a lot when he wants that. And withdraws back when the feeling of financial crisis creeps back into his mind. The man is loving husband. And it is a passing phase.

Marriage is NOT a bed of roses. It is an institution to raise babies and build the contents of their character and expose them to experience life on earth.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by kgr8mike(m): 7:52am On Apr 04, 2016
APC - Change

The APC economy calls for boning.

The APC pressure only God will save us.
Fuel 175 to 200/ litre

Just check his money flow- that may b the challenge.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by debbydee(f): 7:52am On Apr 04, 2016
HMM

Have you bothered to check his temperament. Maybe he is a choleric or Phlegmatic and honestly these temperaments are linke that all you need to do is manage them.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Acidosis(m): 7:52am On Apr 04, 2016
Atlantian:

Guy, I can bet with my left ball that you are not married. You talk so much about love as if love is totally sexual. Hell No, sex is just an attribute of love. Read about it. Within the context of the OP's marriage. The crisis is not about love, they make love. The crisis is threatening their love. The crisis is of financial nature and some men do not know how to tell a woman a word like "I am broke, I dont have" and they tend to keep it to themselves. It practically shows in their character. They still Bleep, and he smiles a lot when he wants that. And withdraws back when the feeling of financial crisis creeps back into his mind. The man is loving husband. And it is a passing phase.

Marriage is NOT a bed of roses. It is an institution to raise babies and build the contents of their character and expose them to experience life on earth.
Lol

So Love, to you, means Sex?

Please quote me when you know the meaning of LOVE.

You can check Merriam Webster dictionary online.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by IRserveMyComent(f): 7:54am On Apr 04, 2016
EggovinMma:
Lol.
Maybe you should give him a little bit of space.Its just a moody phase that will eventually phase off. Men with their wahala. You can't just satisfy them, their head dey knock anyhow like HONDA engine.

Try and go back to your own shell. Be sweet but still give him space, enough that he will notice.
yes give him some space, enough that he will notice. But my dear if after some days he doesnt ask if you are ok, make sure you bring it up with him so that d devil wont capitalize on that and tear you guys apart. May be he has two predominant introvatic temperaments. God will help you sis.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by BluStreak(m): 7:56am On Apr 04, 2016
The Op's husband is gradually trying to destroy his marriage without knowing it. This period is the time for him to build his young marriage for sustenance tomorrow when the troubles come. Once this woman discovers other interests outside the confines of his marriage, "na the beginning of bigger wahala be that". That could lead to so many things like resentment, infidelity, emotional unavailability and so on.

I don't like the give him his space advice. The man may be going through stuffs now but shutting his wife out is a catalyst for disaster.

But OP sha make I ask you one question; was your courtship the "No Sex" before marriage type? Sorry if my question sound intrusive, I am just trying to establish a motive for his action. Reason I asked is because if it was a "No Sex" courtship and after marriage he takes the highly anticipated trip and didn't like the journey, that could be the bang that changed him.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by freecocoa(f): 7:57am On Apr 04, 2016
The comments on this thread can make someone decide to stay single, what is the point of being married if you are going to be lonely in marriage?

See people shouting "its normal" how the hell can such attitude be normal biko nu?

He has financial crisis so freaking what? Will he be the first? What kind of a husband won't share his worries with his wife? This man shouldn't be married and I seriously pity anyone going into marriage with the mindset to play games, giving space, boning and whatnot, mschewww.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by darlenese(f): 7:58am On Apr 04, 2016
My hubby is my gossip partner , he is my best friend , I don't even have friends, cos there's no need!
I can imagine what this Op is going through , soooo frustrating , !

Women are meant to be loved, cherished and pampered ,And not the other way round , even when we know we are loved , we want to be reminded cheesy all the time !

Op bone him back , no time for rubbish, after all you didn't force him to marry you ,
Make sure u snub him during weekends too and dress sexy like u are happy without him, since he wants to be left alone .
I'm glad u are working , spoil ur self silly with little earnings,

Very soon he'll become insecured and start clinging to u

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by begwong: 7:59am On Apr 04, 2016
When it comes to intimacy, stop the usual moaning allow him to do with no reaction from you, he will start smiling next time.
On a related note, if you can afford the rent of his office space, kindly give him to pay biko!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by justjify(m): 8:01am On Apr 04, 2016
Tekevwe:
@ Elvina

Yes he's spiritual. That's one quality that attracted me to him.
My dear I kinda feel your pain, life and love aint fair.
I'll advise you to go spiritual, go on your knees and pray this through. Get this film, "WAR ROOM" it will help you a great deal.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Eddygourdo(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2016
olalat:
Bros i take care of my home with ease FYI. I just gv u scenarios there. No perfect marriage. Ignoring the man will compound the pressure. It will mk their home hotter i repeat. The fact that ur wife use the technique to calm u down does nt mean it can be generally applied. The fact dt d man didnt open up to his wife is enough evidence 2 show dt hes a diff person to u. Ur advice may their home so i repeat. She should act normal and pray. My one kobo.
Well you cant know better than we all that accept my idea so thanks for ur input. But I shall pass
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Eddygourdo(m): 8:03am On Apr 04, 2016
olalat:
Bros i take care of my home with ease FYI. I just gv u scenarios there. No perfect marriage. Ignoring the man will compound the pressure. It will mk their home hotter i repeat. The fact that ur wife use the technique to calm u down does nt mean it can be generally applied. The fact dt d man didnt open up to his wife is enough evidence 2 show dt hes a diff person to u. Ur advice may their home so i repeat. She should act normal and pray. My one kobo.
Well you cat know better than we all that accept my idea so thanks for ur input. But I shall pass
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by BluStreak(m): 8:03am On Apr 04, 2016
darlenese:
My hubby is my gossip partner , he is my best friend , I don't even have friends, cos there's no need!
I can imagine what this Op is going through , soooo frustrating , !

Women are meant to be loved, cherished and pampered ,And not the other way round , even when we know we are loved , we want to be reminded cheesy all the time !

Op bone him back , no time for rubbish, after all you didn't force him to marry you ,
Make sure u snub him during weekends too and dress sexy like u are happy without him, since he wants to be left alone .
I'm glad u are working , spoil ur self silly with little earnings,

Very soon he'll become insecured and start clinging to u

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by elitejosef: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2016
Welcome to change my dear, Same was the marriage we had with APC and we are still confused on how to adjust. Keep praying as Nigerians are prayer for the best in silence
Tekevwe:
I got married to my husband a some months ago. Before we got married we dated for a while and my husband was the smiling type, though I noticed he bones a lot with his siblings.

Our courtship was great. He used to give me practically everything I wanted (affection and care) even before I asked. He showered me with so much love that I thought I was dreaming. I saw some other qualities in him and felt he would make a great husband.

The first week of our marriage, my husband changed, started boning round the house and withdrew into himself. His office rent was due that month so I felt that was cause and let him be. Several months down the line and things re d same or even worse. He gets home boning, eats and goes straight to bed. If I try gisting with him he answers in monosylables and you can see the disinterest on his face.

The only time he smiles at home is when he wants to be intimate. That's the only time he's soft with me now and the only time I feel connected to him. I asked him if I offended him in any way and he says no, that the pressure of providing for a new family is getting to him.

I didn't play hard to get cos I don't believe in such so I don't know why the change.

There are some other qualities I discovered in him that I never saw while we were dating. I jokingly told him he has changed and that day he smiled and said he had to give me all I wanted cos he didn't want to lose me since I'm a pretty girl. Now that we re married its like he can't be bothered with trying anymore.

Also deep down I don't tink he loves me and feel he just married me cos he isn't so young anymore (almost 40) and he's parents were mounting pressure on him. He's snappy with me now which never used to happen.

He also has a wall built around him that I can't seem to penetrate. I feel so depressed each time I'm home, being married to a man I feel no connection to.

I don't know if this is what marriage entails. If it is, then please, married folks should hint me so I can adjust my mindset to this new change.

Also, what can I do to break through and get through to him?
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:05am On Apr 04, 2016
familyrocks:
Change too, just start Ignoring him totally, in fact just live as Co tenants. And from your write up it seems he is not doing well financially and your still young so please the second option is leaving that marriage before you get pregnant

Modified**** For those saying my advice is bad..you need your head examined, most women are not happy in their marriages but more than half of them at least have one reason to hold on to the marriage for example they could hold on for the kids or finances or for the way the man treats them well once in a while. But op has not even given one reason of what she is holding on to in that marriage apart from trying to change the behaviour of a man who is almost 40 for crying out loud and he is still struggling that he can't even afford to decently take care of his home financially or emotionally. You people want her to remain miserable,until she starts getting attention from outside and committing adultery then you people will be the same people to call her a prostitute.
That man is just irresponsible, At least men who are not financially strong make up for it by being extra loving..
Please op you are still too young to be so miserable,I repeat quit that marriage and get your life and happiness back. If you decide to stay back then suffer in silence cuz nobody can change the character of a 40 year old. Please forgive the **** word, I have no intention insulting your husband,but I believe you must have heard the saying before, it just makes you understand how impossible it is changing the character of a 40 year old man , A **** at 40 is a **** forever..
My guy the best time divorce is recomended is only if the her life is in danger. That is if she is passing through physical assault. Or if her husband is unfaithful. In the absence of any evidence to that effect, yours is but an extreme advice which shouldnt come now. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by missjahiniekpe(f): 8:07am On Apr 04, 2016
SAMBARRY:
so because he's married she shows be all over his face. No Tim for self evaluation and personal reflection OR meditation that needs to be done alone in total tranquillity

Yes. Family doesn't recognize 'me' but us', its a sharing of lives. They are both working, so spending a little time with her is not a big deal. What the woman is asking for is not too much except for the fact that the man is self centered. I pity the children, the will so want a daddy like i did and will never have.

1 Like

Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by jtizie(m): 8:09am On Apr 04, 2016
Madam d bible says dat married ones will experience more problems because they are imperfect and come from difrent family background. 4 more information log on www.jw.org. Look couple and click i promise u, u would see helpful information. Other things 2 do are prayer and pls dont pay attention 2 what many wil tel u here. If u want to know d reason read d bible about d story of rehoboam d son of king solomon of israel.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by shefaz: 8:11am On Apr 04, 2016
Tekevwe:
I got married to my husband a some months ago. Before we got married we dated for a while and my husband was the smiling type, though I noticed he bones a lot with his siblings.

Our courtship was great. He used to give me practically everything I wanted (affection and care) even before I asked. He showered me with so much love that I thought I was dreaming. I saw some other qualities in him and felt he would make a great husband.

The first week of our marriage, my husband changed, started boning round the house and withdrew into himself. His office rent was due that month so I felt that was cause and let him be. Several months down the line and things re d same or even worse. He gets home boning, eats and goes straight to bed. If I try gisting with him he answers in monosylables and you can see the disinterest on his face.

The only time he smiles at home is when he wants to be intimate. That's the only time he's soft with me now and the only time I feel connected to him. I asked him if I offended him in any way and he says no, that the pressure of providing for a new family is getting to him.

I didn't play hard to get cos I don't believe in such so I don't know why the change.

There are some other qualities I discovered in him that I never saw while we were dating. I jokingly told him he has changed and that day he smiled and said he had to give me all I wanted cos he didn't want to lose me since I'm a pretty girl. Now that we re married its like he can't be bothered with trying anymore.

Also deep down I don't tink he loves me and feel he just married me cos he isn't so young anymore (almost 40) and he's parents were mounting pressure on him. He's snappy with me now which never used to happen.

He also has a wall built around him that I can't seem to penetrate. I feel so depressed each time I'm home, being married to a man I feel no connection to.

I don't know if this is what marriage entails. If it is, then please, married folks should hint me so I can adjust my mindset to this new change.

Also, what can I do to break through and get through to him?

please be more patience with him and be prayerful..It's too early now to judge, please don't ever think of quitting the relationship. May Allah be with you
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by wacoj(m): 8:14am On Apr 04, 2016
Do you guys pray together? Go to church together? wash cloths together?
eat together? and sleep on the same bed?
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:17am On Apr 04, 2016
justjify:

My dear I kinda feel your pain, life and love aint fair.
I'll advise you to go spiritual, go on your knees and pray this through. Get this film, "WAR ROOM" it will help you a great deal.
a very helpful recommendation dear. WAR ROOM is an eye opener.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by WalexProp(m): 8:20am On Apr 04, 2016
Does he meet your basic needs? If yes give him sofe time to be at peace with himself again or better still try look better in appearance and don't complain about his elusive behaviour. When he notices you are distant he will come back to you. That is marriage reality 101. Marriage is not a bed of roses. It is hard work and u need to get to work and stop feeling lonely.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by ogwuche4u(m): 8:21am On Apr 04, 2016
familyrocks:
Change too, just start Ignoring him totally, in fact just live as Co tenants. And from your write up it seems he is not doing well financially and your still young so please the second option is leaving that marriage before you get pregnant

Modified**** For those saying my advice is bad..you need your head examined, most women are not happy in their marriages but more than half of them at least have one reason to hold on to the marriage for example they could hold on for the kids or finances or for the way the man treats them well once in a while. But op has not even given one reason of what she is holding on to in that marriage apart from trying to change the behaviour of a man who is almost 40 for crying out loud and he is still struggling that he can't even afford to decently take care of his home financially or emotionally. You people want her to remain miserable,until she starts getting attention from outside and committing adultery then you people will be the same people to call her a prostitute.
That man is just irresponsible, At least men who are not financially strong make up for it by being extra loving..
Please op you are still too young to be so miserable,I repeat quit that marriage and get your life and happiness back. If you decide to stay back then suffer in silence cuz nobody can change the character of a 40 year old. Please forgive the **** word, I have no intention insulting your husband,but I believe you must have heard the saying before, it just makes you understand how impossible it is changing the character of a 40 year old man , A **** at 40 is a **** forever..
you are such a home wrecker. just imagine your wack advice. you want him to drive a Bentley before you can certify him has a man who can take care of the family right. besides, she works too and nothing is wrong if she decide to help in that. my dear friend, marriage is an institution you will always learn and never graduate. don't distant yourself from your husband cos if you do, the devil will enter and your precious marriage will fall to ruin. In times like this, seek the face of God always. Read proverb 31 and you will regain strength to carry on. I know you can do it. please don't distant yourself from your husband cos its not the best idea. still be that sweet lady he knows. all human have conscience and I believe your husband's own is much alive. he is just trying to adjust to his new life and he needs you to overcome.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by Atlantian: 8:22am On Apr 04, 2016
Acidosis:

Lol

So Love, to you, means Sex?

Please quote me when you know the meaning of LOVE.

You can check Merriam Webster dictionary online.
Seems you have a higher problem. Read my post again, cos you are the one putting sex in the context of love. You know basically nothing until you descend down the high walls of ignorance that you think is knowledge. De-learn and re-learn love AGAIN. Do not talk about Merriam Webster Dictionary AGAIN, I could be Merriam Webster, you never can tell when you are chatting with your lecturer online.
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by SAMBARRY: 8:26am On Apr 04, 2016
missjahiniekpe:

Yes. Family doesn't recognize 'me' but us', its a sharing of lives. They are both working, so spending a little time with her is not a big deal. What the woman is asking for is not too much except for the fact that the man is self centered. I pity the children, the will so want a daddy like i did and will never have.
smh.i give up
Re: I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! by missjahiniekpe(f): 8:26am On Apr 04, 2016
jtizie:
Madam d bible says dat married ones will experience more problems because they are imperfect and come from difrent family background. 4 more information log on www.jw.org. Look couple and click i promise u, u would see helpful information. Other things 2 do are prayer and pls dont pay attention 2 what many wil tel u here. If u want to know d reason read d bible about d story of rehoboam d son of king solomon of israel.

Lolz, which Bible? Marraige Biblically is a beautiful thing that comes with favor. Tell her to pray, that's all. She would have avoided this, if she read the signs... Believing he will treat you better than his siblings was fallacy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife Doesn't Like Sex / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car / I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.