Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account (58203 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Help! Which Nigerian Bank Cards Are Accepted By Paypal Nigeria? / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by baldlarry(m): 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
Which company is the best for online payment gateway/processor for ecommerce business in Nigeria?
Thanks to y'all ..
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
ablesolomo:
Hi, i want to open an account for my business name but i don't really know which bank to go for, i don't really know which is the best with no or little monthly charges, kindly advice me base on your experiences with any. Thanks for your reply

If you plan on starting a small business...

WEMA even as some people don't like it.. offer an excellent product...

Google WEMA TREASURE Account. .. It doubles as a savings and current account

Open with just 5k. ..
You can use your Business name on the account.
You can receives other bank cheques into your account, though your cheques won't go to other banks. Others can pay into your account. ..
You only need 1 refree a current account holder in another bank....

Save your self all this million turnover stress....

And you could also save your money in their SMART SAVE account whereby they give you compound interest.

Just visit the Wema Bank website. .. or enter any of thier branches. ..

You can thank me later....

NB: I use quite a number of banks and I know this account is good for business starters.

4 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Brimmie(m): 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
I really wanna know too.. but it seems NL Marketers have hijacked the thread. Lots of confusion! undecided I

I think I 'll just walk into FBN (since it's the only bank I use) and maybe Diamond Bank and make some enquiries.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Winneygirl(f): 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
@ ablesolomo,
Other things to consider are proximity to your place of business, and average crowd presence.
You can have d best offer, but what if it costs you a lot of time just to make normal day to day cash deposits?
The truth is that all banks are in d same business and offer the same products.
What stands out is service.
You should use a bank that doesn't have so much queues. They are the ones who would fully encourage you to use their e-channels, and advice you appropriately in terms of how to grow your business.

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by EnterPRO: 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
wristbangle:
Op, to be candid, run it on Sterling or FCMB

why FCMB pls?

at least we know Sterling for SUPA accounts.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by suco01(m): 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
Dont try stanbict IBTC, Access. Dem go kill u with charges and yeye removal of ya money... FCMB, Fidelity and Union bank best 4 ur biz. GTBank, Diamond, First bank can frustrate u cos of queue first bank will frustrate u wit ntwrk ish evry secs in evry minutes.. Choose wisely

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Brimmie(m): 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
sirmobol:

If you plan on starting a small business...

WEMA even as some people don't like it.. offer an excellent product...

Google WEMA TREASURE Account. .. It doubles as a savings and current account

Open with just 5k. ..
You can use your Business name on the account.
You can receives other bank cheques into your account, though your cheques won't go to other banks. Others can pay into your account. ..
You only need 1 refree a current account holder in another bank....

Save your self all this million turnover stress....

And you could also save your money in their SMART SAVE account whereby they give you compound interest.

Just visit the Wema Bank website. .. or enter any of thier branches. ..

You can thank me later....

NB: I use quite a number of banks and I know this account is good for business starters.

Sounds interesting. I just hate the idea of having multiple accounts with different banks.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Andrewmark(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=daniska3yaro post=44363588]Bet9ja account.[/quote

Hahahaha

Akpa ni E
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by alobright17(m): 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
ablesolomo:

Which one is Bet9ja account pls
ask google.com
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Brimmie(m): 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
Winneygirl:
@ ablesolomo,
Other things to consider are proximity to your place of business, and average crowd presence.
You can have d best offer, but what if it costs you a lot of time just to make normal day to day cash deposits?
The truth is that all banks are in d same business and offer the same products.
What stands out is service.
You should use a bank that doesn't have so much queues. They are the ones who would fully encourage you to use their e-channels, and advice you appropriately in terms of how to grow your business.

Another thing to be considered is the Bank mostly used by your Target Customers. I think Students use FBN and GTB more than any other bank. A lot of them run from eTransfer Bank Charges when you don't use their Preferred Banks.

#100 means a lot to Nigerians. Some would rather deposit in bank instead.

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Bookiemart01(f): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
I can help you do it for a fee though

MukaboxNG:

Also want to know but before that can I ask you how much in total you spent to register your business name and if you did it yourself or pay a lawyer
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Reference(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
ablesolomo:
Hi, i want to open an account for my business name but i don't really know which bank to go for, i don't really know which is the best with no or little monthly charges, kindly advice me base on your experiences with any. Thanks for your reply

Charges? This is a very defensive mindset. I rather expected asking for a bank that will help you grow your business, as that should be the core mandate any real bank should have.

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Reference(m): 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
pendusky:

sterling bank... ask for ledger 96 account

See what I mean, products promo. Take, take, take and never give to the right people for the right reasons.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by goodmanyes: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Eco bank will serve you well. That's my company's bank.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Reference(m): 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
sczeska:
First bank
Why. What do they uniquely do for start-ups and small businesses.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Reference(m): 4:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
horsepower24:
OP.. Few tips in choosing your preferred bank for your corporate account.
1. Know that opening a corporate account would require most of your CAC documents, a Tax Identification Number, probably your company seal with other requirements for opening a current account depending on the bank.

2. You would be charged for Search Report on the authenticity of the CAC documents presented to the bank. Bank charges varies. GTB charges N5,000. FCMB N4,000 I think.

3. There are a lot of current account variants that banks sell that comes with their terms and condition. Some offer you zero COT(Maintenance Fee) but there would be a penalty and should you break it, you would be charged COT.

NB: N50 Bank Stamp is applicable to all corporate account regardless of the variant any bank is offering you.

4. If you wish for the bank to finance your business, Diamond Bank used to finance SMEs until the Ariaria market traders came and spoilt that initiative with bad loans. (Nigerians don't like paying down on facilities).

You can try fidelity bank too if you have legal title documents to stand as collateral for the loan.

If you're a start up, run from GTBank & Zenith Bank. They would never finance your business no matter the business plan you propose.

If you want the ease of internet banking, try GTBank and Diamond Bank.

A lot better. Several valid points that corroborate what I've heard as well. That it used to be Diamond but it is now Fidelity.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Reference(m): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
marvelito:
I think the best account you need for your business is not account that will not incure charges on your deposites and withdrawals, but one that will give you that security and flexibility in business. I suggest Zenith.

for more financial news, hit my signature and join other financial debaters to discuss legit money making opportunities

Hmmm. Even Zenith Bank dey follow talk. Flexibility ko. You tink say na rubber in dey tap. Start-up oh. He has no money for medical bills and law courses.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Reference(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Please what about heritage bank. I heard they give out loans with no collateral? I find it hard to believe. Please I will await your response if you have any idea. I am in the same situation. Many thanks

Any bank that gives loans without security is a Ponzi. Don't even click on the link.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by pahen1991: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
ablesolomo:

i will advice you to bank with fidelity bank, no hidden charges.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by coldsummer: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
kennysteve77:
I run a business account wirh FCMB, it's awesome. Even if you don't choose FCMB, I beg you never to think of choosing GTB. If you do, you are a goner!

I sincerely hope the op listens to this. Those guys will be your worse nightmare....

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Lerin(f): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pls which bank is best for savings account,thinking of diamond or fidelity.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by bapullow: 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fidelity bank is best, most of the company used fidelity
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Tvegas(m): 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fidelity has given us huge overdraft facilities thrice without taking any collateral. This is a small and efficient bank. GTB and Zenith will never give you one kobo,heard they do only wholesale lending. Big for nothing banks.

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Itannooluwa(f): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
lantessy:
Stanbic IBTC Bank
u mst b jonzing
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by yomalex(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
baldlarry:
Which company is the best for online payment gateway/processor for ecommerce business in Nigeria?
Thanks to y'all ..
Voguepay
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by lantessy(m): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
Itannooluwa:
u mst b jonzing
Oga why now? You have any problem with the bank?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Humulity: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
The purpose of every business is to make profit. So I will makke my recommendations based on facts and not sentminets.

Most banks have withhold information on cost of running a current account which we all refer to as charges. I will not mention names of these banks but it's well known to everybody. You will get recommendations based on personal experiences and interest. However, the way you are in business to make profit so are banks to make profit. However, my recommendation is you go for an institution with integrity and openes. there is no free meal anywhere; even in Freetown nothing is free. So I recommend you go for Union Bank, get to any branch and meet with a Relationship Manager, have a business discussion with him/her and you will get a suitable solution to your line of business.

Experience they say is the best teacher, you will hear some comments for or against one bank or the other. The fact of the matter is that the pecularity of our business environment has presented all banks in Nigeria with serious challenges. And because they must make profits and pay bills, some of them are devicing means to remain relevant. No bank is the best , but transparency is key which most of them are lacking; hence I Union. It's your call anyway.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Obynolee(f): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
mozele:

why do you say so? But i heard GTbank's internet banking is cool tho.

There are differences between Internet banking and business account
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by olulove(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
UBA LION PRIME ACCOUNT...THE BEST
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by aydought: 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Undoubtedly, FirstBank. It has won several awards both in Nigeria and Internationally for being the best Bank that supports SMES. Also, it has special desks dedicated for Business entities in all its branches. Walk into any branch of your choice and ask to see the Relationship Manager in charge of SME segment for more details.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by samuel19222(m): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
Why not open a wellsfargo account, as a G boy I go for wellsfargo
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Rexnegro(m): 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
danasjoe1:
Diamond bank is the best.
for me I look out for a bank with a strong capital base, for the future safety of Your money...and for the now the three best banks rated among world banks are zenith, firstbank and Gtb... so diamond Could offer attractive business account platform but what's their capital base? how strong are they?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shoprite Ilorin Shuts Its Doors As A Result Of Too Much Customers Today / Hot Air Balloon Business In Nigeria / My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.