Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,725 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account (58119 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Help! Which Nigerian Bank Cards Are Accepted By Paypal Nigeria? / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by saintchyco: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bank you should never try for small bizness
1.Zenith Bank
2.UBA
3.GTB

the above charges are crazy especially Zenith who is the worst in charges

for poor customer service operations
Union Bank
and Stanbic bank
keystone bank

4 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by eleko1: 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
Come to FBN.and experience Peace of mind
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Sunbellar: 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
Walk into any First Bank nearest to you!

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by baldlarry(m): 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fidelity bank all the way,Their banking style and operations are very flexible.I have a cooperate account with them and even opened a savings account with them from my base here in Italy.Everything was done online without having to visit any of their branches. They are simply the best....

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
I'll definitely recommend a Sterling PLUS or Sterling SUPA account. They are both specially suited for businesses. You don't just get transactional services. You can access unsecured loans as much as 2 million for a start and then there's free business advisory and you can attend The Sterling MSME Academy.

You will come back here to appreciate me. I'm not a marketer or a banker, all that I've told you is simply based on experience. I have about three Sterling Bank accounts and have never had any cause to complain or leave them. Their customer services are next to none, believe me

9 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by successbuchi32(m): 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
domopps:
Op Skye bank is all what you need!

Cheeeers
Skye bank is the worst, I ve account with them. From my experince with them, they're thief.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
somez:
If its not Gtb then dont open any account.

Don't say it again else I get you arrested. Gtb = thieves!

6 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by MukaboxNG: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
ablesolomo:
Hi, i want to open an account for my business name but i don't really know which bank to go for, i don't really know which is the best with no or little monthly charges, kindly advice me base on your experiences with any. Thanks for your reply

Also want to know but before that can I ask you how much in total you spent to register your business name and if you did it yourself or pay a lawyer
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Eseose9(f): 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
lol see una don confuse op self

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Although u may not hav much interest in wema bank but its d best for business interest.it charges little or no money and very friendly.i suggest dont go for 1st bank for biz.1st bank deduct various charges u may not like at all.

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by banme1(m): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
Union bank.

4 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by roblance: 3:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Eseose9:
lol
see una don confuse op self

infact me sef wan open but as I dy now, na to low key, the confusion no be here o
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by horsepower24: 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
OnWebTech:
I operate zero balance with first bank..and the COT has been removed only account maintenance fee is being deducted monthly
Account maintenance fee is the same thing as COT. It's pegged at N1/mille. CBN is just using semantics to help banks make money so they don't run aground

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by KMIKE22: 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
[qDIAMOND BANKuote author=ablesolomo post=44362465]Hi, i want to open an account for my business name but i don't really know which bank to go for, i don't really know which is the best with no or little monthly charges, kindly advice me base on your experiences with any. Thanks for your reply

[/quote]
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by AirstarKane(f): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
See marketing choi grin op I no know o but I guess first bank though. Weigh your chances from d options provided wink good luck
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by ceejay80s(m): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Savana bank

bank of the north
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by domopps(m): 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
successbuchi32:
Skye bank is the worst, I ve account with them. From my experince with them, they're thief.

The same way I had horrible experience with Diamond,Gtb,Eco and Access my business acct was messed up big time lost some funds resulted to Litigation and yet I did not call them thief

Would rather say one man's food.........

Cheeeeeers
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Rooneyboy(m): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
horsepower24:
OP.. Few tips in choosing your preferred bank for your corporate account.
1. Know that opening a corporate account would require most of your CAC documents, a Tax Identification Number, probably your company seal with other requirements for opening a current account depending on the bank.

2. You would be charged for Search Report on the authenticity of the CAC documents presented to the bank. Bank charges varies. GTB charges N5,000. FCMB N4,000 I think.

3. There are a lot of current account variants that banks sell that comes with their terms and condition. Some offer you zero COT(Maintenance Fee) but there would be a penalty and should you break it, you would be charged COT.

NB: N50 Bank Stamp is applicable to all corporate account regardless of the variant any bank is offering you.

4. If you wish for the bank to finance your business, Diamond Bank used to finance SMEs until the Ariaria market traders came and spoilt that initiative with bad loans. (Nigerians don't like paying down on facilities).

You can try fidelity bank too if you have legal title documents to stand as collateral for the loan.

If you're a start up, run from GTBank & Zenith Bank. They would never finance your business no matter the business plan you propose.

If you want the ease of internet banking, try GTBank and Diamond Bank.

ur so on point sir , i totally agree with u on all that u mentioned , however do u have an idea on the best bank one could use for fixed deposit
a bank that would give me a decent interest

i have quite an ammount that has been lying down idle in GTB for over a year and its not bringing any interest , i feel so bad about it.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by damola1: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
Question should evolve

Which bank fit borrow some money and how much?

I don't know

Which one get better user experience? Especially Internet banking?

Gtb

I stick with Gtb because they fulfil their marketing promise everytime.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
Have anyone actually accessed non collateral loan from any bank and later paid off, that's what bank /business relations should look like . Any experience ?

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by truthspeaks: 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
I recommend nig agric, cooperative, rural development bank grin cheesy
ablesolomo:
Hi, i want to open an account for my business name but i don't really know which bank to go for, i don't really know which is the best with no or little monthly charges, kindly advice me base on your experiences with any. Thanks for your reply

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by neonly: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
Access bank all d way
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by HomeOfMe(f): 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
ablesolomo:

Diamond and gtbank
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by marvelito: 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
I think the best account you need for your business is not account that will not incure charges on your deposites and withdrawals, but one that will give you that security and flexibility in business. I suggest Zenith.

for more financial news, hit my signature and join other financial debaters to discuss legit money making opportunities
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by mozele(m): 3:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
kennysteve77:
I run a business account wirh FCMB, it's awesome. Even if you don't choose FCMB, I beg you never to think of choosing GTB. If you do, you are a goner!

why do you say so? But i heard GTbank's internet banking is cool tho.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by wristbangle: 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
Op, to be candid, run it on Sterling or FCMB

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by orish(f): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
I would advise you to open with Dianond bank. They have other value added services tied the account to promote your business. They hold seminars for business account owners and educate them based on their various businesses. Such seminars allow for networking as you tend to meet other business owners there.
Their internet/mobile banking is the best as you can carryout swift transfers from the convenience if your home 24/7.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by mykky(m): 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hi Pal, Fidelity Bank Is Your Sure Bet for Any Business or Personal Accounts.

Their Customer Service is Exceptional and You Will Enjoy An Excellent Relationship with Them as a Customer.

You Can Open a Fidelity Small Business Account (FSBA) and enjoy......
*Zero COT
*Free Banking Services
*Interest on your Current Account
*Easy Access to Loans
*No Hidden charges......

They simply Keep Their Words and make Banking Services Easy and Accessible!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Please what about heritage bank. I heard they give out loans with no collateral? I find it hard to believe. Please I will await your response if you have any idea. I am in the same situation. Many thanks

horsepower24:
OP.. Few tips in choosing your preferred bank for your corporate account.
1. Know that opening a corporate account would require most of your CAC documents, a Tax Identification Number, probably your company seal with other requirements for opening a current account depending on the bank.

2. You would be charged for Search Report on the authenticity of the CAC documents presented to the bank. Bank charges varies. GTB charges N5,000. FCMB N4,000 I think.

3. There are a lot of current account variants that banks sell that comes with their terms and condition. Some offer you zero COT(Maintenance Fee) but there would be a penalty and should you break it, you would be charged COT.

NB: N50 Bank Stamp is applicable to all corporate account regardless of the variant any bank is offering you.

4. If you wish for the bank to finance your business, Diamond Bank used to finance SMEs until the Ariaria market traders came and spoilt that initiative with bad loans. (Nigerians don't like paying down on facilities).

You can try fidelity bank too if you have legal title documents to stand as collateral for the loan.

If you're a start up, run from GTBank & Zenith Bank. They would never finance your business no matter the business plan you propose.

If you want the ease of internet banking, try GTBank and Diamond Bank.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by tubolancer(m): 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
please which bank can help with import finance (LC) I am expecting goods worth several millions of naira. please help.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
I just got my cac documents last week from Abj. I used a lawyer there. He charged me 70k for LTD

MukaboxNG:

Also want to know but before that can I ask you how much in total you spent to register your business name and if you did it yourself or pay a lawyer
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by uchennn: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
domopps:
Op Skye bank is all what you need!

In skye bank they have variant of SBG Accts that suits your business irrespective of your level

NO 1,
They have SBG starter that comes with free chq book and cash monitoring book for your sales proceed free financial Advice Access to Internet banking, Notification of statement of acct by email montly, Mobile Banking and POS with N1000 monthly charges But incase you don't wana pay N1000 charges they have what they call Fee waiver by leaving just N100k in the acct tru-out the month
Also have N5m monthly turnover

No 2,

SBG growing enjoys all the features above but d diff is just that it has N3k montly charges and a fee waiver of N200k incase u don't want to pay charges
And it also comes with N15m monthly turnover

No 3

Skye SBG Established enjoys all the benefits and features above! Pls note that the monthly charges here is N5k and comes with N300k fee waiver balance incase you don't wana be charged but have up to N60m montly debit turnover

Please note that all the acct variants qualifies you for Business loan and CBN intervention funds !

Cheeeers
Skye Bank is Big Enough! This analysis is true. OP please try Skye Bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Towns Where Banks Don’t Open Except Customers See Armoured Tanks / Chidi Adimabuah: Get Free Business Promotions / The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.