Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account (58121 Views)

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / Help! Which Nigerian Bank Cards Are Accepted By Paypal Nigeria? / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Rexnegro(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
kennysteve77:
I run a business account wirh FCMB, it's awesome. Even if you don't choose FCMB, I beg you never to think of choosing GTB. If you do, you are a goner!
Please for my sake explain better, cos am About to open one with them....
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by OTOBLUZY: 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
First bank noni...
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Rexnegro(m): 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
somez:
If its not Gtb then dont open any account.
Please bro what And what did they ask You to bring prior to the business account opening. went to the alaba branch The lady in charge said I should bring my CAC cert, my tax number, The company stamp, with 5k...Please is that true?

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by ablesolomo: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
mykky:
Hi Pal, Fidelity Bank Is Your Sure Bet for Any Business or Personal Accounts.

Their Customer Service is Exceptional and You Will Enjoy An Excellent Relationship with Them as a Customer.

You Can Open a Fidelity Small Business Account (FSBA) and enjoy......
*Zero COT
*Free Banking Services
*Interest on your Current Account
*Easy Access to Loans
*No Hidden charges......

They simply Keep Their Words and make Banking Services Easy and Accessible!!!!!!

How sure are you?

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by ehmasjet(m): 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=dimsonu post=44369534]

Please elaborate on the advantages of Sterling Bank SUPA account.

***modified***

Came back to the thread just to see peeps mentioning names of banks. Seriously if you want to advertise a product at least give reasons for me to choose yours.

The sterling supa account is a CURRENT account with zero COT with minimum opening balance of #5000
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by somez(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Utility bill also
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by somez(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Utility bills also. Yes
Rexnegro:
Please bro what And what did they ask You to bring prior to the business account opening. went to the alaba branch The lady in charge said I should bring my CAC cert, my tax number, The company stamp, with 5k...Please is that true?
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by miqos02(m): 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
saintchyco:
Bank you should never try for small bizness
1.Zenith Bank
2.UBA
3.GTB

the above charges are crazy especially Zenith who is the worst in charges

for poor customer service operations
Union Bank
and Stanbic bank
keystone bank

pls remove stanbic from that second list

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Franky826: 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
kennysteve77:
I run a business account wirh FCMB, it's awesome. Even if you don't choose FCMB, I beg you never to think of choosing GTB. If you do, you are a goner!

is it the same GTB that's been giving me 325naira every month you are on a looooooong thing undecided
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by pavy(m): 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
daniska3yaro:
Bet9ja account.

Wateva u smoking, u really need to quit that shii I beg u in d name of wateva u hold dear.grin

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by horsepower24: 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Rooneyboy:

ur so on point sir , i totally agree with u on all that u mentioned , however do u have an idea on the best bank one could use for fixed deposit
a bank that would give me a decent interest

i have quite an ammount that has been lying down idle in GTB for over a year and its not bringing any interest , i feel so bad about it.

GTBank recently increased their interest rate on Fixed Deposit immediately after the rate review at the last Monetary Policy Comminuque meeting the CBN had. So contact your account officer or meet the customer service representative to apply the new rates to your FD.

If you're looking for high rates, FCMB, keystone would give you. But be wary of those banks.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by horsepower24: 8:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Please what about heritage bank. I heard they give out loans with no collateral? I find it hard to believe. Please I will await your response if you have any idea. I am in the same situation. Many thanks

I don't have information bout heritage bank. But you need to know the bank that supports the industry the kind of business you run is. If they don't need collateral. They might take an asset debenture on your inventory and the loan amount won't b too high
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by MukaboxNG: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bookiemart01:
I can help you do it for a fee though

Hehe was actually trying to see if I can do it myself and how much the total spending will be.

Ok say u wanna do it, how much will be total cash needed including fee
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by daniska3yaro(m): 8:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
pavy:

Wateva u smoking, u really need to quit that shii I beg u in d name of wateva u hold dear.grin
hahahahahah.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by stevLegend: 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
pendusky:

sterling bank... ask for ledger 96 account
Don't go near eco bank.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Bookiemart01(f): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Do you want to do BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION (Enterprise) or COMPANY REGISTRATION (LTD)

MukaboxNG:

Hehe was actually trying to see if I can do it myself and how much the total spending will be.

Ok say u wanna do it, how much will be total cash needed including fee
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by stevo4life(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Try UBA... They charge less than other banks.. And their services is excellent

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Rosystar(f): 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
tubolancer:
please which bank can help with import finance (LC) I am expecting goods worth several millions of naira. please help.

Fidelity bank is a sure bet for you but you must have an operational account.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by tubolancer(m): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Thanks Rose, we check it out.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by MukaboxNG: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Do you want to do BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION (Enterprise) or COMPANY REGISTRATION (LTD)

Business name
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by rafcrown(m): 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
I am interested in setting up a Limited Liability Company.How much will it cost me to register it?Then business account will be decided on when we reach the end of this discussion.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by adekzy: 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
So in conclusion, toping the list...

1. First Bank - too crowdy but secure
2. Fidelity bank - no hidden charges
3. Sterling - monthly charges
4. Diamond - Monthly charges and deduction
5. Fcmb
6. Wema- not widely use
7. Gtbank - high deduction
8. Skye
9. Zenith - better than Gtb
10. Uba- no good reference
11. Stanbic
12. Ecobank
13. Heritage
14. Unity
15. Standard Chartered .

First bank is widely use, very stable but user experience score low on reference,
Will go Diamond as from experience they have smooth service and user experience with internet mobile banking .
Fidelity is great from the user experience, a very much open option to consider..

The rest, good for savings'!

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by adekzy: 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
rafcrown:
I am interested in setting up a Limited Liability Company.How much will it cost me to register it?Then business account will be decided on when we reach the end of this discussion.

Are u in Lagos, if yes, send me a dm, just collect my Ltd certificate last week.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Rexnegro(m): 1:08am On Apr 04, 2016
somez:
Utility bills also. Yes
Thanks bro really appreciate it
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Elinob(m): 3:41am On Apr 04, 2016
ablesolomo:

Which one is Bet9ja account pls
ask google pls................
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Lerin(f): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2016
Pls which of these banks is best to operate a savings account, fidelity or diamond bank. Thanks.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by krisben001: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2016
UNITYBANK STILL REMAINS D BEST WITH MINIMIUM CHARGES UNLIK DIS OTHER BANKS THAT CHARGE WITHOUT FEAR OF GOD.
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by isfashionclass(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2016
How do i contact you for chat on my business account.
Pls treat as serious.
Phone: 08146307116
Email: ifeanyiin92@yahoo.com

post=44369664]OP.. Few tips in choosing your preferred bank for your corporate account.
1. Know that opening a corporate account would require most of your CAC documents, a Tax Identification Number, probably your company seal with other requirements for opening a current account depending on the bank.

2. You would be charged for Search Report on the authenticity of the CAC documents presented to the bank. Bank charges varies. GTB charges N5,000. FCMB N4,000 I think.

3. There are a lot of current account variants that banks sell that comes with their terms and condition. Some offer you zero COT(Maintenance Fee) but there would be a penalty and should you break it, you would be charged COT.

NB: N50 Bank Stamp is applicable to all corporate account regardless of the variant any bank is offering you.

4. If you wish for the bank to finance your business, Diamond Bank used to finance SMEs until the Ariaria market traders came and spoilt that initiative with bad loans. (Nigerians don't like paying down on facilities).

You can try fidelity bank too if you have legal title documents to stand as collateral for the loan.

If you're a start up, run from GTBank & Zenith Bank. They would never finance your business no matter the business plan you propose.

If you want the ease of internet banking, try GTBank and Diamond Bank.[/quote]
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Bookiemart01(f): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2016
ok, send me a PM.

MukaboxNG:

Business name
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by Dseraph: 9:50am On Apr 04, 2016
Union Bank it is!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by dacutie1(f): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2016
Stanbic IBTC. tested n tried!
Re: Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account by nelcliff(m): 11:31am On Apr 04, 2016
corperscorner:
1960bet account

But when serious issued of such is raised, if u don't have any good idea to share that will benefit people, I think it will even be better to silently read and followed like others did. Must we joke with all cases?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Towns Where Banks Don’t Open Except Customers See Armoured Tanks / The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron / Chidi Adimabuah: Get Free Business Promotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.