Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? (1910 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Toonice(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Recently I read on this forum that What Can Make You Forgive Your wife If she Cheats? Marriage should be same right. Now over to you married couples in the house. What Can Make You Forgive Your husband If he Cheats?

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by byvan03: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Forgiveness doesn't mean you won't pay for your sins, I will forgive anything.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
If he is really rich and a good father, dazzall grin
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by ivyT(f): 11:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
This cheating topic has been battered,overflogged ,we are tired. Let everyone cheat lobatan#

2 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge. grin

4 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Blade21: 7:46am On Apr 06, 2016
yes I can but you gonna pay and pay well oo haa
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by PresVA: 7:54am On Apr 06, 2016
fem29:
If he is really rich and a good father, dazzall grin
How can he be a good father when he's setting such example for his kids?
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 06, 2016
PresVA:
How can he be a good father when he's setting such example for his kids?

As long as he is not staying out all night, the kids really do not need to know

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by PresVA: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2016
fem29:

As long as he is not staying out all night, the kids really do not need to know
You think kids don't notice or know when there's 'bruoohaha' in the house? Also what kinda reputation is he setting for his family? Then, a man who has time to go about the whole cheating 'bruoohaha' must be robbing his family of some measure of attention. ...

To me, a cheating husband can neither be a good husband nor father because If he had respect for his family, he wouldn't indulge in that...

Can you also say a cheating woman can be a good mother?
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by edwife(f): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2016
PresVA:
You think kids don't notice or know when there's 'bruoohaha' in the house? Also what kinda reputation is he setting for his family? Then, a man who has time to go about the whole cheating 'bruoohaha' must be robbing his family some kinda of attention. ...

To me, a cheating husband can neither be a good husband nor father because If he had respect for his family, he wouldn't indulge in that...

Can you also say a cheating woman can be a good mother?

I don't see the correlation between being a good father and being a cheat. He is a bad man because he betrayed their trust but it doesn't change his affection towards his kids.

Unless he is a serial cheat then yes he won't be there for his kids as much as he needs to and their mum's pain will definitely wear the kids emotionally. Do you know that they are wives who don't even know that their husbands cheat?

Same as many women who sleep with their boss or for a position yet go home like there is nothing going on?

Just like a thief can be a good son to his father but a bad son to the society. He might not be an ideal son to his father but a good child.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by edwife(f): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2016
"We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies".

If he is repentant yes but if it is continuous then I have a choice to make. Forgive and move on.Mistakes are always forgiveable, if one has the courage to admit them.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by SAMBARRY: 8:45am On Apr 06, 2016
edwife:

I don't see the correlation between being a good father and being a cheat. He is a bad man because he betrayed their trust but it doesn't change his affection towards his kids.

Unless he is a serial cheat then yes he won't be there for his kids as much as he needs to and their mum's pain will definitely wear the kids emotionally. Do you know that they are wives who don't even know that their husbands cheat?

Same as many women who sleep with their boss or for a position yet go home like there is nothing going on?

Just like a thief can be a good son to his father but a bad son to the society. He might not be an ideal son to his father but a good child.
are you serious ediwife. Nawaya for all this endtime posters who think cheating partner can also be a good parent as if the children aren't watching and copying. For your Information which I know you know because you're also a parent. Parents behaviour good or bad rubb off on their children
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by SAMBARRY: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2016
Hmnn

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by greatgod2012(f): 8:50am On Apr 06, 2016
Cheating matter again..... I better not think about it.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by edwife(f): 8:54am On Apr 06, 2016
SAMBARRY:
are you serious ediwife. Nawaya for all this endtime posters who think cheating partner can also be a good parent as if the children aren't watching and copying. For your Information which I know you know because you're also a parent. Parents behaviour good or bad rubb off on their children

You should read my post very well sambarry, when you said cheating partner,is the man or woman cheating regularly or is it a one time off?

What are kids watching or copying if the dad or mum is not showing any sign? How does a woman who go for an interview and asked to sleep with the boss in order to get that job becomes a bad mother to her kids? undecided I am trying to play every scenarios we read,witness and see here and has nothing to do with me.

So for your mind when cheating is mentioned, it only means a man or women who sleep around,outside their home,maltreat their partners and abandon their families? grin

Like I said there a some men and women who never knew that their partners cheated before because they didn't see or heard anything.A cheat is definitely not a good person as a human being because he betrayed his partner's trust.

How come there are some women you tell them that their husband is cheating but they dismiss your claims and swear that it is impossible because he is always home,never out on weekends,his phone never ring in odd hours.....etc.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Dyt(f): 8:59am On Apr 06, 2016
I CANT FORGIVE CHEATING
NOT ANYMORE
ITS MENTAL TORTURE
YOU CHEAT, I LEAVE OR I CHEAT
EITHER WAYS
BOTH OF US ARE HAPPY

the old days are gone
No one deserves to be tortured mentally
Gbam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by SAMBARRY: 9:01am On Apr 06, 2016
What of maturing children who know their left from right. If they are blind are they also deaf and don't have brain to figure out things. That they pretend not to know what is going on in the house don't mean they don't know. Anyway that's your opinion sha
edwife:

You should read my post very well sambarry, when you said cheating partner,is the man or woman cheating regularly or is it a one time off?

What are kids watching or copying when the dad or mum is not showing any sign? How does a woman who go for an interview and asked to sleep with the boss in order to get that job becomes a bad mother to her kids? undecided I am trying to play every scenarios we read,witness and see here and has nothing to do with me.

So for your mind when cheating is mentioned, it only means a man or women who sleep around,outside their home,maltreat their partners and abandon their families? grin

Like I said there a some men and women who never know that their partner cheated before because they didn't see or heard anything.A cheat is definitely not a good person as a human being because he betrayed his partner trust.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by edwife(f): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2016
SAMBARRY:
What of maturing children who know their left from right. If they are blind are they also deaf and don't have brain to figure out things. That they pretend not to know what is going on in the house don't mean they don't know. Anyway that's your opinion sha

I can't help you here. Sorry.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by SAMBARRY: 9:05am On Apr 06, 2016
edwife:

I can't help you here. Sorry.
have a nice day smiley cool
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by zeb04(f): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2016
because I 100% know cheating isn't love.
I am talking on both sides now because sometimes things happen (old things are passed away now) so yes I expect to be forgiven if it is a one time thing) no one goes to marriage hoping to cheat.

bur if it is a habitual thing,I don't expect to be pardoned and so also my partner.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by PresVA: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2016
edwife:

You see a cheat as a bad man yet still see him as a good father? undecided

So because he pretends and the wife may not get to know, that still makes him a good parent? So a politician can continue to steal and as long as the public doesn't get to know, he's still a good leader?
Except he's a person without conscience, he, himself knows he isn't good to his family! Also, his family may not know but some other persons may know, what kinda of example/reputation is he setting?

Asides this, the person I quoted was of the opinion that she wouldn't mind her husband cheating as long as he's still a good parent? Meaning she(the wife) is fully aware in that context and was telling me nothing will change in terms of parenting. . There are stuffs pretence can't solve, the kids in one way or the other must be affected...Cheating affects our emotions and psychology a lot. ....

Whatever be the case shaa, I can never see a man/woman who betrays and disrespects his family WHETHER SECRETLY OR OPENLY as a good husband or father. . Someone that values you won't betray you!

Ps:I'm not judging a cheating man, this is just my opinion. ..

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by edwife(f): 9:48am On Apr 06, 2016
PresVA:

So because he pretends and the wife may not get know, that still makes him a good parent?[b] So a politician can continue to steal [/b]and as long as the public doesn't get to know, he's still a good leader?
Except he's a person without conscience, he, himself knows he isn't good to his family! Also, his family may not know but some other persons may know, what kinda of example/reputation is he setting?

Asides this, the person I quoted was of the opinion that she wouldn't mind her husband cheating as long as he's still a good parent? Meaning she(the wife) is fully aware in that context and was telling me nothing will change in terms of parenting. . There are stuffs pretence can't solve, the kids in one way or the other must be affected...Cheating affects our emotions and psychology a lot. ....

Whatever be the case shaa, I can never see a man/woman who betrays and disrespects his family WHETHER SECRETLY OR OPENLY as a good husband or father. . Someone that values you won't betray you!

This is where y'all lost me. You are talking about something that keeps happening, a continuous affair. Unless your definition of a good parent is someone that has never made a mistake then it's all good. I will also say,you never lie before in your life or sin-so if you had it makes you automatically a bad parent.Okay. grin

Of course anyone that betrays you be it a WOMAN or MAN is a bad person at that moment but if they are repentant i will not remove the good in them or whatever good they did in the past.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by bukatyne(f): 9:58am On Apr 06, 2016
PresVA:

So because he pretends and the wife may not get to know, that still makes him a good parent? So a politician can continue to steal and as long as the public doesn't get to know, he's still a good leader?

Ps:I'm not judging a cheating man, this is just my opinion. ..

I think I understand her point.

A cheating spouse who the partner does not know is cheating cannot affect the perception of the children.

The children cannot be influenced by their parent's cheating ways because they do not know they cheat.

God forbid, if my daddy slept with his colleague @ work, how on earth would it affect me view of him and develop acceptance towards infidelity if I do not even know he cheated?

Infact, he would only be a bad person to God because God can see him. He would maintain his perfect stance before my mom & siblings.

Cc: sambarry
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:13am On Apr 06, 2016
Love...
If he is sorry... Why not?
But he shouldn't try it again.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by PresVA: 10:22am On Apr 06, 2016
edwife:

This is where y'all lost me. You are talking about something that keeps happening, a continuous affair. Unless your definition of a good parent is someone that has never made a mistake then it's all good. I will also say,you never lie before in your life or sin-so if you had it makes you automatically a bad parent.Okay. grin

Of course anyone that betrays you be it a WOMAN or MAN is a bad person at that moment but if they are repentant i will not remove the good in them or whatever good they did in the past.
My comments on this thread are centered on a person still in the very act of cheating. ..
A person who has cheated and has genuinely repented can no longer be seen as a cheat na even though his wife may still harbour some doubt. ...such a person isn't who I'm talking about here.....

@bukatyne , a man involved in the whole cheating game must be depriving his family of some measure of attention because his attention is kinda divided. . He can continue pretending but things can't be same esp if he has a conscience(his conscience go prick him die)..and Guilty conscience doesn't do one any good. ..

*my previous comments have addressed this before and I still maintain my stance*

I rest my case smiley
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2016
PresVA:
My comments on this thread are centered on a person still in the very act of cheating. ..
A person who has cheated and has genuinely repented can no longer be seen as a cheat na even though his wife may still harbour some doubt. ...such a person isn't who I'm talking about here.....

@bukatyne , a man involved in the whole cheating game must be depriving his family of some measure of attention because his attention is kinda divided. . He can continue pretending but things can't be same esp if he has a conscience(his conscience go prick him die)..and Guilty conscience doesn't do one any good. ..

*my previous comments have addressed this before and I still maintain my stance*

I rest my case smiley

I guess we are looking at things from different perspectives.

I agree with you that a cheating husband/wife (continuous) cannot be a good parent.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by GodnGold: 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
Dyt:
I CANT FORGIVE CHEATING NOT ANYMORE ITS MENTAL TORTURE YOU CHEAT, I LEAVE OR I CHEAT EITHER WAYS BOTH OF US ARE HAPPY
the old days are gone No one deserves to be tortured mentally Gbam
Easy na!!!
E never reach 'Gbam' time.
Lol...#najoke
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Dyt(f): 7:10am On Apr 07, 2016
GodnGold:
Easy na!!!

E never reach 'Gbam' time.

Lol...#najoke

E PASSSSS AMMMM

GBAMMMMMMMM
GBAMMMMMMMMMMMMM

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:51am On Apr 07, 2016
Well my late father cheated on my step mum several times but he was a very good father we all loved him, eight years after his death my step mum still calls him the best husband ever, he never comes home late, always takes good care of her and the children, we are about fourteen children and my step mum has only four but you can never tell we are from different mothers. But the thing is my step mum knew all along he was a cheat cos he was dating her, my mum and my elder sister's mum and they all gave birth almost the same time though my mum died two years later and he married my step mum who took care of me,as much as I love my dad would never wish to marry a man like him. But if my husband cheats once I can forgive but if he is a habitual cheat like my late father then I have two options leave or stay.
Re: What Can Make You Forgive Your Husband If He Cheats? by Octobertwentysix(f): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2016
SAMBARRY:
are you serious ediwife. Nawaya for all this endtime posters who think cheating partner can also be a good parent as if the children aren't watching and copying. For your Information which I know youu know because you're also a parent. Parents behaviour good or bad rubb off on their children

Yes a cheating parent can still be a good parent my dad was an example he loved us to a fault he almost spoilt us silly he was the best father ever and yea I know he was cheating on my step as young as I was I saw everything although my siblings never knew but I did and I was very hostile to them( the ones in our neighborhood) my siblings never knew and saw them as friends but I saw them as enemies and insult them at every opportunity so they always avoided me but that did not stop me from loving my dad so much.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Marry Him? Please Help A Sister / Please Save Me From Disgrace / Is It A Crime Not To Go Out With Married Women? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.