Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! (51589 Views)

All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App / 4 Dangerous Apps You Should Uninstall / See Why You Must Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Tellmeurmind: 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
wonder shall never start abi wonder shall never end self? Op,I think the best thing to guide against it is to being to communicate in your local dialect like Obo (monkey) gbe obo pon

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by BLINGZ88: 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
Fabulocity:
Lots of apps have those features. If only people will take time out to read T&Cs of all these apps, they'll have a very limited number of apps on their devices.
don't mind dis op.... 80% of apps have d exact permission so what is he saying? Maybe we should uninstall all our apps just to be safe

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
DANO1011:
Even with all your tips, he can still track using the GPS satellite! The only safe option nah too dey use Nokia touch light phone and be playing that snake game only!
you nail it sir, those stay off internet,media,and news either good or bad live most peaceful life

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Gmekx(m): 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:
Did you know that flashshare has access to

1. Read all the text messages in your phone
2. Send messages from your phone when they want to?
3. Read your contacts list
4. Read your call log
5. Edit your call log (Making it look like you called or were called by someone)
6. Get full list of all the apps you have installed in your phone
7. Control other apps in your phone

Yes!

If you have the software called FLASH SHARE right now on your phone, then you should know that all the secrets you thought you had on your phone are sitting on someone's computers!!!

FLASH SHARE is given to you for free, but in exchange for that, they take all data about you on your phone, and sell it to anyone that is interested in finding out about you.

if you are still in doubt, open your phone settings, go to apps, open flash share, scroll down to see the permissions of this app.

You will see all the things this app can take from your phone without prompting you for permission.

If you are using your phone for anything classified? whatsoever. UNINSTALL FLASH SHARE NOW!!!!

They might as well uninstall all apps on their phone that have access to all of the above. If flash share does not have access to the listed above, how can it share. Op just stop please
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Tellmeurmind: 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
@ OP, how flash share wan take no ORI E O OFOKASIBE ?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by psyqs(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
Donald3d:
hehehehhehhehe, bros eeee, xender and flash share na the same thing na just rebranding , Just like zain and airtel, dem just change name and User interface, why do you think a person who has flashare can send something to some one who has xender i am sorry to break your heart grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks 4 the explanation, appreciate
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by lodscott(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

My dear, you have a point; but you should know that
1. Google is regulated by several agencies/standards and what they do with your data is supposed to be innocuos as the data is de-personalized first.
2. Your network provider is regulated by many agencies including government and if they breach user privacy, they will answer to NCC.

In this case however, flash share is distributed by an unknown, unregulated vendor. No one knows what they do with your data and they are not answerable to anyone! AND THE ONLY REASON IT CAN DO WHAT IT DOES IS THAT IT COMES PRE-INSTALLED WITH MOST TECNO PHONES AND USERS DONT EVEN GET TO READ THE IMPLICATIONS OF ALLOWING IT IN THEIR PHONES FIRST!

And if you take care to protect your phone by installing a security app in your phone that checks every outgoing data packet (I have already written an app like that for Desktops/Laptops named "This Nonsense Must Stop!" link: https://www.nairaland.com/3011574/new-c-open-source-app#44117476 ) there is no way hackers can access your data except they come to you in person and physically copy it.

So, its not a must to be spied on.

dude in the scenerio of a criminal case, google is obligated to show your data to the cops.
have a gmail account, and you still use google search engine? you're screwed twice as hard, your searches would be corolated with your account, if you doubt me, open your gmail inbox, on the url, remove the /inbox and put /history you would see all your searches, and when. plus they store your data for good nine months afterwhich its not deleted but they claim it is then thrown into their data dump which dosnt attach identities to the data

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Nathe11: 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=lond07 post=44464549][/quote]I agree with you..he should tell us about windows 10 oo..
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
sexaddict08:
thank God, I'm safe.
I never liked 'flash share'.
but u make calls? U r not safe as every thing u say can be ussed against you in court of law.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lilimax:
I've learn't it for long. The world is already a global village and there's no hidden place any longer.
Technology have united us... the good, the bad and the ugly. smiley

Ever since I read how Jihadi John of ISIS was vaporized by Americans, I came to realize there's no hidden place on this planet.
Just keep on doing the right thing and have a conscience void of offence towards God and towards man smiley
give me the link to how Jihadi John was traced and killed

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Olibboy: 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Thank God You never got my name
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by drmark: 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
Donald3d:

Guy you funny o, if i tell you how many things are spying on you, that wont even tell you, at least flash share made it known that they need all this permissions and really no big deal, the android operating system you dey use , who you think get am, no be Google , u no wetin dem dey collect for your phone , bro whether you like it or not you would be spied on , anything that was created by man can be cracked by man, even if you be ultimate hacker wey fit protect yourself from spying , extra ultimate hackers fit open your yansh within the blink of an eye.So what am i saying ,just do what is right and forget about who is spying on you, protect yourself the best you can , if something is extra private , discuss it in person, even MTN dey recored your call u no know. Bros this is what technology was created for , we have to live with the repercussions and consequences.I don dey talk too much already.even Microsoft dey spy on you . sorry i ay i no go talk again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, i no fit hold am, all of una wey dey rush go install windows 10 SMH , I reserve my comments.

NOTE:If you dont want to be spied on
1. Go and manufacture your own gadgets, phone, laptop etc
2. Go produce your own internet , launch santellite abi satellite anyone grin
3. Dont use any third party apps (no be party owambe i dey talk oo,) i mean no go use application wey another person do
4. Live on an island with just trees,animals and yourself grin grin grin grin
Osama did number 1-4 yet U.S still spied qnd killed him
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by akereconfi: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
OP I don't know what that flash share app is all about but let me give you this instance.

Any app that would browse your contact, it requires permission from the phone to else you wouldn't be able to browse your contact via that app.

More like snapchat, it would require permission to use your camera else you can't take snap with it.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by free13: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

My dear, you have a point; but you should know that
1. Google is regulated by several agencies/standards and what they do with your data is supposed to be innocuos as the data is de-personalized first.
2. Your network provider is regulated by many agencies including government and if they breach user privacy, they will answer to NCC.

In this case however, flash share is distributed by an unknown, unregulated vendor. No one knows what they do with your data and they are not answerable to anyone! AND THE ONLY REASON IT CAN DO WHAT IT DOES IS THAT IT COMES PRE-INSTALLED WITH MOST TECNO PHONES AND USERS DONT EVEN GET TO READ THE IMPLICATIONS OF ALLOWING IT IN THEIR PHONES FIRST!

And if you take care to protect your phone by installing a security app in your phone that checks every outgoing data packet (I have already written an app like that for Desktops/Laptops named "This Nonsense Must Stop!" link: https://www.nairaland.com/3011574/new-c-open-source-app#44117476 ) there is no way hackers can access your data except they come to you in person and physically copy it.

So, its not a must to be spied on.

Ok.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by badbros(m): 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Update your OS to marshmallow to block permission

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by jidxin(m): 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
sorry I really went to chk as u 've said nd I'm thinking I'm d only one Dat got it wrong after reading comments... on my fone what I saw was " this apps can.... "does it means d developers can 've access to my phone or it means d application can do does functions Op I think u re darn wrong
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by ogaontop(m): 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Vanquay:
If you using Android 6, you can customize what access you want to give your apps so I am good.

But I don't have flashshare...Everything I have I bought, ain no way I am sharing with you

Is It Only For Android 6?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by flokii: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log
5. Edit your call log (Making it look like you called or were called by someone)

Yes!

If you have the software called FLASH SHARE right now on your phone, then you should know that all the secrets you thought you had on your phone are sitting on someone's computers!!!

FLASH SHARE is given to you for free, but in exchange for that, they take all data about you on your phone, and sell it to anyone that is interested in finding out about you.

if you are still in doubt, open your phone settings, go to apps, open flash share, scroll down to see the permissions of this app.

You will see all the things this app can take from your phone without prompting you for permission.

If you are using your phone for anything classified whatsoever. UNINSTALL FLASH SHARE NOW!!!!

Woooow! shocked shocked

Xender nko?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by djraymy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Hahahaha! Very funny

Thank God say all those kind apps no dey trip me...i download my stuff from Google play and datz all. grin
like say flashshare no dey Google play??
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by miqos02(m): 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
hmmm
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by PidginPriest(m): 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
psyqs:
The poster above me tho

Dats y I hv never bin a fan of flash share

teamXENDER

Lol. Dem be the same people get am. I just check xender and dem get all these permissions too plus jara
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Donald3d(m): 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
DANO1011:
Even with all your tips, he can still track using the GPS satellite! The only safe option nah too dey use Nokia touch light phone and be playing that snake game only!
nokia torch light can be tracked too bro.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by gbaskiboy: 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
aoyih:
Which kind wahala be dis...end time application!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahaha so funny so hilarious, end time application indeed grin
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by larisoft: 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
The major problem here is that the guys behind flashshare are not known and are therefore not regulated.

Google, Microsoft, MTN, AIRTEL, e.t.c. are all heavily regulated companies and the most they can do with your data is serve you ads that are personalized to your tastes.

However, with random, unknown developers, you might become a public figure tommorrow and they will use it to blackmail you. And the government, or other regulatory agencies have no business tracking these people.

PLEASE, UNINSTALL EVERY APP ON YOUR PHONE WHOSE VENDOR IS NOT TRUSTWORTHY AND WHOSE PERMISSIONS ARE UNECESSARY FOR THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF THE APP. EXCEPT YOU ARE A CRIMINAL (UNDER WHICH CIRCUMSTANCES YOU CAN BE TRACED SO LONG AS YOU USE THE INTERNET), YOUR PRIVATE DATA SHOULD NOT BE IN THE HANDS OF PEOPLE YOU DO NOT KNOW. PERIOD.

My recently released app called "This Nonsense Must Stop!", blocks all background data activites on laptops/desktops so viruses can't send your data to their makers. You can use this to protect yourself too. Here is the link to the app:https://www.nairaland.com/3011574/new-c-open-source-app

The source code is open for all to view and see that their is no monkey business going on.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by stkingz89(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
Is this peculiar to Flash Share? What of Xender and others, are they also vulnerable to this?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Yewandequeen(f): 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
dancok:
can I kiss you?
am kiss phobic
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by larisoft: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
stkingz89:
Is this peculiar to Flash Share? What of Xender and others, are they also vulnerable to this?

Yes. xender also accesses your SMS, Call log, e.t.c.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by ammyluv2002(f): 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
djraymy:
like say flashshare no dey Google play??
Bros,no dey fall your hand! It means i don't collect my apps through flash share, i download my apps from playstore. Meaning, i don't have Flash share on my phone because i don't need it. Hope, this is simple enough

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by feran15(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log

Yes!

If you are using your phone for anything classified whatsoever. UNINSTALL FLASH SHARE NOW!!!!

You check the permissions of every app on your phone before you decide to start talking
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by djraymy(m): 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Bros,no dey fall your hand! It means i don't collect my apps through flash share, i download my apps from playstore. Meaning, i don't have Flash share on my phone because i don't need it. Hope, this is simple enough
im sure loads of apps you downloaded from GP request the same permision Flashshare requests. Andriod is too customizable ok?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by brashear: 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log

Yes!

if deleted, how the heck are we supposed to send larger files in our phone to other phones and vice versa. I don't think those who designed the app have this ulterior motives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Captured A Lady's Phone Packed With Rubber Band In Ibadan (Photos) / See The Airtime MTN Sent To A Nairalander / Shocking: Iphone 7 Already Has A Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.