Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! (51586 Views)

All Infinix Users Should Uninstall This Terrible App / 4 Dangerous Apps You Should Uninstall / See Why You Must Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by persius555(m): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
Aristotle96:
Just grant yo phone root access and counter dia permission if u want thats all undecided
Rooted android phones are more prone to security breach. Rooting your phone removes security kernel files that sort of mandates app developers to make permisions available in android manifests of their java source files. Rooting certainly allows phone users remove restrictions embedded in AVM, but then you are more like stark nude in the cold. Like they say, there is a price for freedom.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by mapet: 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
aoyih:
Which kind wahala be dis...end time application!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by otokx(m): 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
can it get me petrol?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by afuye(m): 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
I never see [size=18pt]withdraw money from your bank account [/size]

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Hahahaha! Very funny

Thank God say all those kind apps no dey trip me...i download my stuff from Google play and datz all. grin
I don't even keep my files on phone. I prefer my iPad 1, if nah phone then get ready to extract blue pictures and blue films.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by persius555(m): 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
teewhydope:
Reason u should upgrade to marshmallow
Marshmellow allows only 8 permissions per app, this model is unlike the older versions that are all or nothing. Aside from security concern, android 6 (marshmellow) focus is more on user experience. Apps can now be executed at compilation improving user experience, external sd cards can now easily replace internal memory for primary storage.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Dermie: 7:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:
Did you know that flashshare has access to

1. Read all the text messages in your phone
2. Send messages from your phone when they want to?
3. Read your contacts list
4. Read your call log
5. Edit your call log (Making it look like you called or were called by someone)
6. Get full list of all the apps you have installed in your phone
7. Control other apps in your phone

Yes!

If you have the software called FLASH SHARE right now on your phone, then you should know that all the secrets you thought you had on your phone are sitting on someone's computers!!!

FLASH SHARE is given to you for free, but in exchange for that, they take all data about you on your phone, and sell it to anyone that is interested in finding out about you.

if you are still in doubt, open your phone settings, go to apps, open flash share, scroll down to see the permissions of this app.

You will see all the things this app can take from your phone without prompting you for permission.

If you are using your phone for anything classified whatsoever. UNINSTALL FLASH SHARE NOW!!!!

You don't have to uninstall FlashShare, you can set all those permissions to "Always ask". With this, it should prompt you whenever it needs access.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by durasome(m): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log
5. Edit your call log (Making it look like you called or were called by someone)

Yes!

If you have the software called FLASH SHARE right now on your phone, then you should know that all the secrets you thought you had on your phone are sitting on someone's computers!!!

FLASH SHARE is given to you for free, but in exchange for that, they take all data about you on your phone, and sell it to anyone that is interested in finding out about you.

if you are still in doubt, open your phone settings, go to apps, open flash share, scroll down to see the permissions of this app.

You will see all the things this app can take from your phone without prompting you for permission.

If you are using your phone for anything classified whatsoever. UNINSTALL FLASH SHARE NOW!!!!
.very very true
, i use xender and lo and behold all my hidden files were there for any one to see through the xender.no secret with xender and someone can.actually transfer all u stuff with it without ur knowledge in just few minutes.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Lilimax(f): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Fedayeen:
give me the link to how Jihadi John was traced and killed
I had written about it on Nairaland just that it never made front page smiley
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by khalhokage(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Yeye dey smell, why did you single out flash share? even apps like Facebook and Twitter have similar permissions, and how is data supposed to be sitting on someone's computer when you don't have enough MB in your phone to upload the data?

My guy think before you open your mouth.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Rilwayne001: 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
aoyih:

grin shocked Lwkmd
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by durasome(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log

Yes!

.very very true
, i use xender and lo and behold all my hidden files were there for any one to see through the xender.no secret with xender and someone can.actually transfer all u stuff with it without ur knowledge in just few miwnutes.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Marvel1206: 8:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
khalhokage:
Yeye dey smell, why did you single out flash share? even apps like Facebook and Twitter have similar permissions, and how is data supposed to be sitting on someone's computer when you don't have enough MB in your phone to upload the data?

My guy think before you open your mouth.

No mind am
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
It's not just flashshare, most third party apps collect your information as well. Information technology company,Google, the developers of the android mobile platform collect even more information. From International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) to contacts,search inputs,videos viewed online,location logs and a whole lot more. These information builds a profile about who you are,what you love to do,love to watch,your interests, where you've been and who or what you might turn out to be in future. With an impending "New World Order", these collated information will prove vital in keeping tabs on almost everyone. Almost everyone,because few of us are prepared for the coming new age.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by pragmatistm(m): 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
Does this apply to Xender too?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Oghumu1(m): 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
Let them spy if they want to, it doesn't change anything. They can't spy all the android phones in this life, I'm not uninstalling it
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Kingkamal(m): 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
not only flash share.. all android OS does that.. so no more privacy on phone..
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by godwinasky: 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
Ahhh!!! No more safety in keeping secrets on my phone? Could there possibly be an exceptions for gionee xender? if not , who knows what's d possible way out ?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Tobyshegz(m): 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
Op...this is a very stupid moment when you just bought your first android phone, and you don't know how to control application accesses...hehehe...
abeg,..what is the next news??
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by guyXander(m): 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log

Yes!

This is an illiterate understanding of what those permissions mean.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by MrImole: 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

My dear, you have a point; but you should know that
1. Google is regulated by several agencies/standards and what they do with your data is supposed to be innocuos as the data is de-personalized first.
2. Your network provider is regulated by many agencies including government and if they breach user privacy, they will answer to NCC.

In this case however, flash share is distributed by an unknown, unregulated vendor. No one knows what they do with your data and they are not answerable to anyone! AND THE ONLY REASON IT CAN DO WHAT IT DOES IS THAT IT COMES PRE-INSTALLED WITH MOST TECNO PHONES AND USERS DONT EVEN GET TO READ THE IMPLICATIONS OF ALLOWING IT IN THEIR PHONES FIRST!

And if you take care to protect your phone by installing a security app in your phone that checks every outgoing data packet (I have already written an app like that for Desktops/Laptops named "This Nonsense Must Stop!" link: https://www.nairaland.com/3011574/new-c-open-source-app#44117476 ) there is no way hackers can access your data except they come to you in person and physically copy it.

So, its not a must to be spied on.

What of XENDER?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Joseph96(m): 9:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
aoyih:
Lol! serious endtime wahala ooo
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Damicares(f): 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
aoyih:
Hahaha.. Lols, very funny. Hmm nawa o
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log

Yes!

what of xender
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by OtulaNsi(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
what about kingroot nko?? the biggest theives of identities ever!
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by VanUrch(m): 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:
They can spy for all I care undecided

All we are saying is

#BringBackOurLight
More like #BringBackOurCorruption...it comes with the whole package like utility tools.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
slowpoke Switch Off d Flash share
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Yewandequeen:

am kiss phobic
Hmm, really
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by brightology3: 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Hahahaha! Very funny

Thank God say all those kind apps no dey trip me...i download my stuff from Google play and datz all. grin
what about d applications I collected using flash shell, won't I loose them if I unistail it.
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by kosiebe(m): 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2016
Na another April fool be dis?
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by Parcks(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
the day social media was invented, privacy DIED!
Re: This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! by stanvesco(m): 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
larisoft:

4. Read your call log

Yes!

Bros calm down....upon installing...u get. a notification like dis....allow flash share to access.....
dis
DAT
dis and DAT....
wat u do is to tick d tins u want flash share to access OK...
me I untick almost all....
for ur information....
most apps can access all....
I had to
uninstall all my apps and reinstall...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Captured A Lady's Phone Packed With Rubber Band In Ibadan (Photos) / See The Airtime MTN Sent To A Nairalander / Shocking: Iphone 7 Already Has A Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.