Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government (36882 Views)

FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Christmas: Buhari Approves N72billion For Salaries (see chart) / Kwara Government Worsens Saraki’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by RichDad1(m): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lairs

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Gamesmart: 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
StepTwo:

https://www.thecable.ng/kwara-sarakis-been-getting-pension-not-salary

Since when did someone still working and in full time employment qualify to start collecting pension?

4 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by bluecircle470: 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
Pension is monthly ryt?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Jasomine: 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
Truly, someone somewhere is after Saraki. Is better for him to quickly leave the Senate presidency seat before the hunt for his life proper begins by this cartel.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by faaz24: 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
2boiz:
Don't tell me his pension is twice as much as his monthly salary o undecided Don't tell me nonsense... In fact, ma gbeyen wa rara sad

The pension even rose to four times his salary as a governor...
I guess being a pensioner is now better off being an active servant
Lol @ ma gbeyen wa rara
But do pension payments has a duration, how comes the payments were stopped as from august 2015

3 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by NaInna(m): 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
modath:

How much was his salary gan? Also why did they stop paying in August 2015?

Stinking fish...... undecided
Simple question

3 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by StepTwo: 9:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Saraki is as evil as Tinubu and Fashola respectively. We have an obligation to condemn both and not absolve one for whatever reason.

The Lagos State Governor and Deputy Governor's Bill passed in 2007 is one of the most secretive Bills passed by the Lagos House of Assembly as contained in the List of Bills Passed see http://adeyemiikuforiji.org/legislation.html

Lagos State, Law No. 11 of 2007 of Lagos State gives pension to any former governor who completed two terms equivalent to the exact salary paid to the sitting governor, plus 300 per cent of his or her basic salary as furniture allowance. In addition, the law provides choice houses, bullet-proof cars to be renewed every three years; eight policemen and two SSS details, entertainment, car maintenance, house maintenance, personal assistant, and utility allowances among other things.
this is serious, av always known Nigeria's corruption haven is Lagos, Tinubu has completed picketed that state, its a pity.

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by faaz24: 9:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
NaInna:
Simple question
U can say that again !
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by StepTwo: 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
Gamesmart:

Since when did someone still working and in full time employment qualify to start collecting pension?

ex-governors are entitled to pension bro, just like dx-heads of state. besides, he's not in a full time employment, reason his tenure ends after four years.

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by ayindejimmy(m): 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
elmisti:

See U!....almst all ex-governors collect pensions from dier states!...Tinubu inclusive!....

Infact I know for a fact that saraki is entitled to a awse built for him by d state govt......if this is where dis trial is going...d man can jst make a fool out of dem all

this is not where the trial is goin at all. remember , its about false declaration of asset . And we aren't even there yet

3 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by sirTesco(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
socialmediaman:
I have a few comments to make regarding this announcement by the Kwara state government:

1. When the EFCC saw these lodgements into Saraki's account, did they make enquiries with the state Revenue Board to seek clarification before using this as evidence?

2. I believe the State government has erred in making a public statement of a delicate matter like this in court, they should rather enter on the witness stand either on request of defendant or prosecution to clarify these payments one after another as alleged by EFCC. This kind of public statement can sway the mind of the public or the judge especially when the statement is not supported by hard copy proof.

3. It's interesting to note how much a retired state governor earns as monthly pension, especially in a state like Kwara which is not be considered currently as one of richest states in Nigeria. The other question is, was this reviewed by other State government also, it was it just reviewed for political pensioners like Saraki?
Na madam born u

3 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by walozanga(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
CONFUSED ADMINISTRATION
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by eleko1: 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
Soon they'll tell us nah his great grand parent property sad .

3 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Lilimax(f): 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
Abeg, is it true that Saraki trial was suspended today due to power outage? Chai! This is not ordinary o shocked? Who did this thing to Nigeriag e no go better for am embarassed

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by haildeji: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol this argument by the Kiara state government is just silly to say the least...

I was following the updates and what EFCC presented and the Court adopted were exhibits of transactions from his account which bold states salary for so so month and not pension... Also it's funny that almost every month the alleged pension kept raising.

Also let's say it was actually pension why did dey stop paying that same amount since last year as the EFCC showed documents that the payments were only for 4 years or so and stopped around may or so last year... Why didnt dey continue paying said pension?...

Every silly response as a matter of fact and definitely holds no water.

8 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by tunnex10(m): 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
StepTwo:

https://www.thecable.ng/kwara-sarakis-been-getting-pension-not-salary

after dey will say no money for d country... abeg see waiting person dey collect for pension. Humm God will help us in dis country shocked

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by lebienconnu: 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
The prosecution has made a very big mistake. If this statement by the state government is true public sentiment will swing in favor of Saraki and it would become convincingly evident that he is a victim of witch hunting as being claimed by the his defence team.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Charly68: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
Earning pensions as Ex-Governor & collecting fat salaries as senators in any case the court will decide the authenticity of Kwara Govt claims

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by isah4real: 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
Saraki like thinking minds would always see the whole allegations against Saraki as false allegations. But only Saraki himself knows the judgment days are before him. Your opinions over Saraki can not arm twist cct verdict. Peele.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Gamesmart: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
StepTwo:

ex-governors are entitled to pension bro, just like dx-heads of state. besides, he's not in a full time employment, reason his tenure ends after four years.

I did not say ex-Governors or anybody is not entitled to pension. I said are they entitled to a pension while still in full-time employment?

Do you know the meaning of full-time employment?

4 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
StepTwo:
this is serious, av always known Nigeria's corruption haven is Lagos, Tinubu has completed picketed that state, its a pity.
But Lagos state is still miles ahead of Kwara .. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
ayindejimmy:

this is not where the trial is goin at all. remember , its about false declaration of asset . And we aren't even there yet

Den dey shld stop beatn abt d bush abt some cash in dis nd dat acnt.....bring out d undeclared assets...nd I thought dere wr jst 13 of such d last tym I watched d stuff.... jst my own local man view..
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Gamesmart: 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
haildeji:
Lol this argument by the Kiara state government is just silly to say the least...

I was following the updates and what EFCC presented and the Court adopted were exhibits of transactions from his account which bold states salary for so so month and not pension... Also it's funny that almost every month the alleged pension kept raising.

Also let's say it was actually pension why did dey stop paying that same amount since last year as the EFCC showed documents that the payments were only for 4 years or so and stopped around may or so last year... Why didnt dey continue paying said pension?...

Every silly response as a matter of fact and definitely holds no water.

Thank you.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Seyitosino(m): 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
Partners in crime. The lodgement of 600-900k 50 times in one day should be gratuity in advance I guess. Your day of reckoning is coming.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by StepTwo: 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
Gamesmart:

I did not say ex-Governors or anybody is not entitled to pension. I said are they entitled to a pension while still in full-time employment.

Do you know the meaning of full-time employment?

no sir
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by AntiWailer: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
We need to print Lawal's' statement of account.

Or is he not entitled to one ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Soxxy: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
Is Kwara state a pension administrator? pension manager? Why should the state be responsible for payment of pension? Lies!!!

5 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by StepTwo: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
casket:

But Lagos state is still miles ahead of Kwara .. cheesy

sure, and am sure absent corruption u dont expect both states to be at d same level.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Dav24(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
EFCC witness made it clear that they requested for relevant documents which shows that lodgements were made into saraki's account as salaries, if these monies were pensions as projected by the kwara state government, those documents cant be reading salaries.

5 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Gamesmart: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
StepTwo:

no sir

When you have a job working 9-5 from Monday to Friday or over 35 hours a week, you are in full-time employment. This is even if this employment is only a contract for a few days, weeks, months or years.

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by kunle75(m): 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
Standing5:
The Narration of the transactions couldn't have been wrong for 4yrs . . . I smell a cover up.

Thanks bro,its face saving effort by his protegee in ilorin govt house just to show solidarity

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by castrokins(m): 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
I Never Know Say Pension Dey Increase. But Why Are Politicians Like This? A Friend's Mom Who Retired After 35 Years Of Effective Service To The Nation Gets A Paltry N25000 Monthly As Pension. Apparently, There Are Laws For Different Nigerians.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of APC Senators - Vanguard / Tweeters Mock President Buhari / 2 Women Greet Fayose During Project Inspection In Okesa (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.