Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government (36884 Views)

FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Christmas: Buhari Approves N72billion For Salaries (see chart) / Kwara Government Worsens Saraki’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Gamesmart: 2:13am On Apr 07, 2016
2n2k:

What the bank decides to label a payment is not the headache of the state government after all it has no access to Saraki's bank statements to know how it was labeled. What matter should be what does its own vouchers and supporting documents call the payments and if there is a law that authorized that payment

I am quite sure it would not be a bank that labels a payment into an account, it would be the depositor.

Banks don't label money paid in as they guess. If they have to, it would be generic.

2n2k:

If the law provides it, no offence has been committed. In NNPC, your pension is reviewed anytime the salaries of active workers are reviewed. So the pension at a point will surpass your salary that you retired upon. In any case, like I said earlier, the pension laws for governors are different from General pension law

That is what normally happens in states too. When state civil servants salaries are increased, pensions are reviewed.

There is no explanation for his increases in short months and the infrequencies & gaps in payments to him.

2n2k:

The question that should be asked is what is efcc trying to prove by bring up the issue of these payments and in what context was it brought up. According to the report, efcc only said that these payments stopped coming into Gtb and Access bank accounts. They did not say that they confirmed from Kwara government if it stopped making payments or whether Saraki started using another bank account to receive the payments. What if Saraki donated the fund and instructed the government to be paying the donees directly? What if he had benevolently asked the state government to suspend paying him until the economy of the state improves because he is now the number 3 citizen? What if the state government had begged him to defer receiving the pension until it is financially stable? So many ifs.

No, the question that should be asked is why is this crook drawing unexplained money from public funds, not why EFCC is raising the issue.

If Saraki has any 'what if' as you tried to excuse for him, let him tell the court through one of his 80 lawyers.

2n2k:

Even if this were so, as I said above, it depends on what purpose efcc intended to achieve in bringing up the matter. Note that this is CCT not a regular court. The CCT will only concern itself on whether the income was declared by Saraki not whether he got it illegally. If the tax authority takes you to court that you failed to pay tax on income from illegal source, the court will only enforce the tax or jail you for evading tax not convict you for involvement in criminal act because tax authority will not be the prosecuting agency for such

Saraki has 80 lawyers working for him, if he feels there is any issue/evidence raised that has no relevance to the trial then I am sure one of tthem knows how to raise an objection.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gr8jimtek1990: 2:43am On Apr 07, 2016
2boiz:
Don't tell me his pension is twice as much as his monthly salary o undecided Don't tell me nonsense... In fact, ma gbeyen wa rara sad

The pension even rose to four times his salary as a governor...
I guess being a pensioner is now better off being an active servant
me I wonder ooo
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 07, 2016
A wise man once said NOTHING!...d kwara govt. Is a very criminal one! Just imagine d margin 290-1.3?...saraki n co are die-hard rogues!
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by tottinova: 3:35am On Apr 07, 2016
God, see someone's pension

There are months my dad complain of not being paid his and this man is collecting a million

Left to me, only evil can fight evil. If we have an anti corruption group in nigeria that chases it's goals, Through very dangerous and risky ways, but at the end achieve it's goals.

I wouldn't bother. I will even add my some pension money to fund them. They should kill as much as they like. I don't care again angry
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Taeewo(m): 4:49am On Apr 07, 2016
waiting for the outcome
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 07, 2016
tomakint:

Anytime Tinubu's case comes up for discussion in the real scenario playing out, you always rear your bald head to defend somebody who has turned Lagos into his Fiefdom......and I keep asking if you are a born slave. All of a sudden the link has become suddenly bogus shocked were you blind when Bode George gave the true picture of what LadyExcellency posted above few years back? Perhaps you know the politics of Lagos State more than Bode George. Perhaps you are one of the "irritating omo oniles"......undecided **spits on his bald head**

Why waste your time on hypocrits... they leave the tree of corruption and go after leaves... not even branches.

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by lapo(m): 5:57am On Apr 07, 2016
After all the money they stole while in office, they still receive pensions or whatever. This is ridiculous.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gcof(m): 6:04am On Apr 07, 2016
marv1:
They are just fooling themselves not us. If saraki has an iota of shame he should resign as SP. He is a gonner.
and i always wonder, is it about convicting a man of his crimes and jailing him or is it about vacating the senate president seat....from all indications, he is procecuted for being the the senate president
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Moikiitos: 6:07am On Apr 07, 2016
StepTwo:

https://www.thecable.ng/kwara-sarakis-been-getting-pension-not-salary

Jus checking...being paid pension without him being retired. What calculation dey take calculate him pension because the sum is large.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gcof(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2016
tomakint:

Anytime Tinubu's case comes up for discussion in the real scenario playing out, you always rear your bald head to defend somebody who has turned Lagos into his Fiefdom......and I keep asking if you are a born slave. All of a sudden the link has become suddenly bogus shocked were you blind when Bode George gave the true picture of what LadyExcellency posted above few years back? Perhaps you know the politics of Lagos State more than Bode George. Perhaps you are one of the "irritating omo oniles"......undecided **spits on his bald head**
that is Nigerians for you. If am related to mr A and mr B is stranger, news breaks out that mr A and B were involved in robbery, i will call for mr B's head and say the news about mr A are mere rumors

2 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by otokx(m): 6:25am On Apr 07, 2016
lapo:
After all the money they stole while in office, they still receive pensions or whatever. This is ridiculous.

Democracy for you.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by uboma(m): 6:35am On Apr 07, 2016
ki02020:
Pension or salary if he is so loyal to the state he governed for eight years and which also send him to the Senate he shouldn't be collecting those unnecessary payment

Saraki's greed knows no bounds....

And we have aged men and women who have given this country the best of their youth but still dont get paid their paltry pensions regularly. Some of these ones even die while processing their paltry pensions because of the unnecessary delay and corruption in the system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gfullmoon(m): 6:37am On Apr 07, 2016
I think Pension is suspended when the Pensioner is earning from government again. Being a Senator attracts Salary, so why will he be earning both? For instance It will be wrong for GEJ to earn more than triple Pensions as Deputy Gov, Gov, Deputy President, then President.
So Kwara State could have suspended his Pension till stops active "service" in Nigerian Senate.

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by datigbogirl: 6:44am On Apr 07, 2016
elmisti:
Lol, d way dis trial is goin, saraki lawyers might nt need to defend him again sef.....
Soon GTB too will deny and evrytn might pafuka......

I hope it's not time for me to close my gtbank acct b4 everything kpafuka...
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 6:52am On Apr 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

I hope it's not time for me to close my gtbank acct b4 everything kpafuka...

Lol, that's such a good idea...saraki do av a history of ruining banks.....if u dnt knw check societe bank and the den mighty intercontinental bank....
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by datigbogirl: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2016
elmisti:

Lol, that's such a good idea...saraki do av a history of ruining banks.....if u dnt knw check societe bank and the den mighty intercontinental bank....

Shey na hin kpafuka intercontinental too? Na wa oh....
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by lastpage: 6:57am On Apr 07, 2016
socialmediaman:
I have a few comments to make regarding this announcement by the Kwara state government:

1. When the EFCC saw these lodgements into Saraki's account, did they make enquiries with the state Revenue Board to seek clarification before using this as evidence?

2. I believe the State government has erred in making a public statement on a delicate matter like this in court, they should rather enter the witness stand (or wait to be invited) either on request of defendant or prosecution to clarify these payments one after another as alleged by EFCC. This kind of public statement can sway the mind of the public or the judge especially when the statement is not supported by hard copy proof.

3. It's interesting to note how much a retired state governor earns as monthly pension, especially in a state like Kwara which is not considered currently as one of richest states in Nigeria. The other question is, was this pension increase also reviewed for other State government workers, or was it just reviewed for political pensioners like Saraki?

God bless you for this comment!

said Saraki’s last salary was N291,474.00 for the month of May 2011.

He said that since May 2011 when he left office as governor, Saraki had only been receiving pension – not salary.

“From June 2011, former Governor Saraki started receiving his pension, which was N578,188.00 as other past governors in the country,” Gold said in a statement.

How on earth could the Pension rise so much, to eclipse the substantive salary? Thats almost a 100% increase!
Is that how the Pension of other ex-workers of the state have risen?..... not to mention a state that cant pay Minimum Wage!

Saraki has been trying EVERYTHING under the Sun, to wriggle out, now it is his minion governor coming to his defence!
Until the Judge starts sending "lying witnesses to jail, to teach them a lesson not to try and thwart Justice, including all those Senators following him to the trial.

Let his "imported legal team" come to his rescue! panama papers have also exposed him.
Seems looting is in the "genes" of the Sarakis, na so dem bankrupt Societe General Bank and Jay-Jay Okocha's savings. angry angry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 6:57am On Apr 07, 2016
Moikiitos:

Jus checking...being paid pension without him being retired. What calculation dey take calculate him pension because the sum is large.

Bro dnt make a fool of urslf...ex governors pension is rnd 200% or 300% of their salary, nd arnd that amnt is paid yearly for furniture allowance, infact they get same car as d sitting governor annualy.. Security details too....this is no news at all.....smtn I know b4 I left secondary skul...Lagos av d same law!
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 7:02am On Apr 07, 2016
gcof:
and i always wonder, is it about convicting a man of his crimes and jailing him or is it about vacating the senate president seat....from all indications, he is procecuted for being the the senate president
*100 litres of fuel for u bro*

Dis is nt abt corruption, its abt the red chamber.....Saraki is nt a guy any of dem can control, he is a mad dog....He single handedly made life mysterious for jonathan and pdp....APC-Tinubu and even BuBu can nt tame him....this is sm1 who av eyes on d presidency since 2011!....let's jst keep watching
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by lastpage: 7:02am On Apr 07, 2016
gcof:
and i always wonder, is it about convicting a man of his crimes and jailing him or is it about vacating the senate president seat....from all indications, he is procecuted persecuted for being the the senate president

No, that Senate "Coup" was just the insult that finally made the wound to start oozing blood! grin grin

He could have been left alone to 'sin no more' but being the greedy person he is, he thought he was smarter than everyone and decided to throw caution to the wind.
Most Politicians have a criminal past (that includes Tinubu!) ...but some of them knwo when to "lay-low" and not stoke the fire!
Saraki's Greed pushed him over the Cliff..... now he is falling!
undecided

Lastpage!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 7:05am On Apr 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

Shey na hin kpafuka intercontinental too? Na wa oh....

Lol, my mentor is a sharp guy....nd if u dnt knw, he was the one that nominated nd made sure tht Sanusi lamido get the CBN seat....Ur ex CBN governor was his boy!.....really dis trial is one evr1 shld learn from
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by datigbogirl: 7:09am On Apr 07, 2016
elmisti:

Lol, my mentor is a sharp guy....nd if u dnt knw, he was the one that nominated nd made sure tht Sanusi lamido get the CBN seat....Ur ex CBN governor was his boy!.....really dis trial is one evr1 shld learn from

What should we learn from it?
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Menzy86(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2016
tomakint:

My brother you just drag me back into this thread and I wouldn't mind if on this issue you raise that we take this thread to its 20th page. I just returned from Kwara (like 2 weeks ago) and anytime Saraki's case comes up for discussion you need to see how some human slaves are ready to fight, argue for this kleptomaniac who had rob Kwarans of their future. The only thing remaining now is to change Kwara to Saraki State.....very myopic and erroneously religious and stupidly fetish clowns....though not all but majorly the Ilorin indigenes.
I just concluded that Saraki must have used one very strong and intractable juju on those ilorin people. I feel absolutely disgusted when I see them in that mood. My guy even supposed intellectuals o. Mental slavery is indeed the greatest bane of the african man!

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2016
datigbogirl:

What should we learn from it?

#1- making friends- nt evr1 want to be wit u long term

#2- never spoil ur reputation cuz of a new friend ( cnt imagine hw dis wld av turn out if PDP also want his head)

#3- Pride is good, but not with emptiness (be sure of ur strengths)

#4- If u ar ambitious, u shld doctor ur own history well

#5---i might get banned for this but...Never trust a Yoruba man! ( Yorubas abandoned him alrdy, thank God kwara is a northern state )..

#6---when you fight for sm1, dnt jst fight, strengthen ur own quarters too!...( He followed d change train to evry state, Atiku only appeared maybe 4 tyms..but he is d one bn hunted not atiku d bigger one )...if not for the few APC senators he av in his team...

Am nt in support of corruption, but jst reflect on dis whole trial nd u will see other lessons in it

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by LadyExcellency: 7:19am On Apr 07, 2016
W
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Kessyy2k4(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2016
aaronson:
This is what happens when you only focused on the negative side of people.
this are d type of peepo that EFCC shud detained for encouraging corrupt public officers. i just pity ur future! serving senator receiving an amount that can pay salaries thousand of Nigeria as pension, and all u can say is: negative side of saraki?

i pity ur unborn children!!!
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by mechanics(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Wow politics sweet o, cool pension money.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by SaintRobs: 7:39am On Apr 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Where the hell have you been?
na Jupiter I dey,baba. you still on campus?
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by baslone: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2016
2n2k:
Let us summarise the holes in the holes you picked

What the bank decides to label a payment is not the headache of the state government after all it has no access to Saraki's bank statements to know how it was labeled.

Banks don't label or do narration on payments, depositors do!!!
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by femeritus: 7:56am On Apr 07, 2016
This state government has just implicated itself. Either way you look at it, there are damning consequences. The question is, is this what happens in all states of the federation? If the answer is yes, then Nigeria is long due for a revolution. How can your salary as a seating Governor be about 300k and your pension after that became 500k plus and later became about 1.5 million?

No wonder Nigeria is not progressing. Nigerian politicians are the highest paid in the world for doing nothing and they continually get paid even after leaving office.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by jabojafa(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Saraki is as evil as Tinubu and Fashola respectively. We have an obligation to condemn both and not absolve one for whatever reason.

The Lagos State Governor and Deputy Governor's Bill passed in 2007 is one of the most secretive Bills passed by the Lagos House of Assembly as contained in the List of Bills Passed see http://adeyemiikuforiji.org/legislation.html

Lagos State, Law No. 11 of 2007 of Lagos State gives pension to any former governor who completed two terms equivalent to the exact salary paid to the sitting governor, plus 300 per cent of his or her basic salary as furniture allowance. In addition, the law provides choice houses, bullet-proof cars to be renewed every three years; eight policemen and two SSS details, entertainment, car maintenance, house maintenance, personal assistant, and utility allowances among other things.
even Akwa Ibom State has similar Bill that has been signed into law. And it also covers the wife of the ex governor.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by rahman25: 8:33am On Apr 07, 2016
BCJAY:
What an outrageous amount when teachers in Kwara state have embark on strike since last year someone salary is increased. All those defending him including Gov. fatal should be punished my take though
And some idiots will come online to defend him all because they hate Tinubu or Buhari. Only God can safe us in this country. We have hypocrites on this country. The are suffering yet they are blind with tribalism or religious sentiments. They have eye but cannot see, they have ears but can never hear. When a suspect corrupt leader os been investigated, hell will be let loose and they will start asking why others are not been investigated, How I wish the law used in china can be used in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Kill 12 Cows In Akwa Ibom As Herdsmen Flee / I Saw Hell In Boko Haram's Den, Mechanic Declares . / Imo PDP Beat, Attack Residents, Want Ihedioha Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.