Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government (36883 Views)

FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / Christmas: Buhari Approves N72billion For Salaries (see chart) / Kwara Government Worsens Saraki’s Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Wallade(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2016
If it was indeed pension, which is outrageous anyway, the reference should have been pension IFO Saraki not salary IFO Saraki.

The revelation that the figure increased significantly 3 times in 4 years and payment stopped sometime in 2015 is questionable.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by rhythyson: 8:40am On Apr 07, 2016
socialmediaman:
I have a few comments to make regarding this announcement by the Kwara state government:

1. When the EFCC saw these lodgements into Saraki's account, did they make enquiries with the state Revenue Board to seek clarification before using this as evidence?

2. I believe the State government has erred in making a public statement on a delicate matter like this in court, they should rather enter the witness stand (or wait to be invited) either on request of defendant or prosecution to clarify these payments one after another as alleged by EFCC. This kind of public statement can sway the mind of the public or the judge especially when the statement is not supported by hard copy proof.

3. It's interesting to note how much a retired state governor earns as monthly pension, especially in a state like Kwara which is not considered currently as one of richest states in Nigeria. The other question is, was this pension increase also reviewed for other State government workers, or was it just reviewed for political pensioners like Saraki?

Help me ask oooo... ko ye mi rara I no understooding again ni oooo
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=sexytyga post=44472714][/quote]

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 07, 2016
mi o daa si mo...at least mi o je nbe.

kolomax:
ogaaa magbeyen Waa rara
If this people are not made to account for their deed another person will try it too..... How I just wish they could introduce China law on any corrupt individual
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by rahman25: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2016
elmisti:

#1- making friends- nt evr1 want to be wit u long term

#2- never spoil ur reputation cuz of a new friend ( cnt imagine hw dis wld av turn out if PDP also want his head)

#3- Pride is good, but not with emptiness (be sure of ur strengths)

#4- If u ar ambitious, u shld doctor ur own history well

#5---i might get banned for this but...Never trust a Yoruba man! ( Yorubas abandoned him alrdy, thank God kwara is a northern state )..

#6---when you fight for sm1, dnt jst fight, strengthen ur own quarters too!...( He followed d change train to evry state, Atiku only appeared maybe 4 tyms..but he is d one bn hunted not atiku d bigger one )...if not for the few APC senators he av in his team...

Am nt in support of corruption, but jst reflect on dis whole trial nd u will see other lessons in it

Some of your submission os correct while some are wrong.

The truth is just NEVER BW A GREEDY PERSON. IN LIFE WINNER TAKES ALL IS NOT THE BEST. You win some you lose some. Saraki's problem actually started when he refused to concede other senate's position to his party.

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by elmisti(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2016
rahman25:

Some of your submission os correct while some are wrong.

The truth is just NEVER BW A GREEDY PERSON. IN LIFE WINNER TAKES ALL IS NOT THE BEST. You win some you lose some. Saraki's problem actually started when he refused to concede other senate's position to his party.

Lol, tru but if u ar priviledged to read "the 48laws of power"...one of d laws include.."Defeat ur enemy totally"...and dere is dis saying that "what u win in war, u loose in negotiation"....if he av given to party pressure once, he wld av bn a gunner alrdy!....in politics..its either u win or loose..dere is no in between
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by 2n2k(m): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2016
baslone:

Banks don't label or do narration on payments, depositors do!!!

Whether it is labeled salary or pension does not matter. What I queried in my post is what did efcc want to achieve by quoting what the bank labeled the payments in the Saraki's bank statement rather than use its investigative powers to know from the Kwara government what the payments truly represent.

Now it has alleged that Saraki continued to draw salaries (illegally?), what Saraki needs to poo ooh that naive allegation is to present the Kwara State Public Officers Pension Laws 2010 which entitles him to draw salaries for life at the same rate as the incumbent governor.

It may be immoral but the salaries/pension are legal backed by Kwara State laws. The focus of efcc, since the trial is at CCT should have been to establish whether Saraki declare that income in his asset declaration or not.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gcof(m): 9:35am On Apr 07, 2016
elmisti:

*100 litres of fuel for u bro*

Dis is nt abt corruption, its abt the red chamber.....Saraki is nt a guy any of dem can control, he is a mad dog....He single handedly made life mysterious for jonathan and pdp....APC-Tinubu and even BuBu can nt tame him....this is sm1 who av eyes on d presidency since 2011!....let's jst keep watching
abeg make that petro 50 litres i need am badly
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gcof(m): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2016
lastpage:

No, that Senate "Coup" was just the insult that finally made the wound to start oozing blood! grin grin

He could have been left alone to 'sin no more' but being the greedy person he is, he thought he was smarter than everyone and decided to throw caution to the wind.
Most Politicians have a criminal past (that includes Tinubu!) ...but some of them knwo when to "lay-low" and not stoke the fire!
Saraki's Greed pushed him over the Cliff..... now he is falling!
undecided

Lastpage!
if you actually cancelled presecution for persecution then you have said it all. Also going by what you implied that when one steals and lies low then his sins will be forgiven if not he will face the full force of law, then the fight against corruption is a joke.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by tomakint: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2016
Gamesmart:

I am quite sure it would not be a bank that labels a payment into an account, it would be the depositor.

Banks don't label money paid in as they guess. If they have to, it would be generic.

That is what normally happens in states too. When state civil servants salaries are increased, pensions are reviewed.

There is no explanation for his increases in short months and the infrequencies & gaps in payments to him.

No, the question that should be asked is why is this crook drawing unexplained money from public funds, not why EFCC is raising the issue.

If Saraki has any 'what if' as you tried to excuse for him, let him tell the court through one of his 80 lawyers.

Saraki has 80 lawyers working for him, if he feels there is any issue/evidence raised that has no relevance to the trial then I am sure one of tthem knows how to raise an objection.
Respect to you Sir! Please take this.....

2 Likes

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Funnystar(m): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2016
socialmediaman:
I have a few comments to make regarding this announcement by the Kwara state government:

1. When the EFCC saw these lodgements into Saraki's account, did they make enquiries with the state Revenue Board to seek clarification before using this as evidence?

2. I believe the State government has erred in making a public statement on a delicate matter like this in court, they should rather enter the witness stand (or wait to be invited) either on request of defendant or prosecution to clarify these payments one after another as alleged by EFCC. This kind of public statement can sway the mind of the public or the judge especially when the statement is not supported by hard copy proof.

3. It's interesting to note how much a retired state governor earns as monthly pension, especially in a state like Kwara which is not considered currently as one of richest states in Nigeria. The other question is, was this pension increase also reviewed for other State government workers, or was it just reviewed for political pensioners like Saraki?

Very intelligent questions!
Keep it up bro!
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by mapet: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2016
modath:

Do you live in my head? cheesy

Three groups of people one should know better than to incur their wrath...

1. A policeman with a gun

2. One's Doctor

3. A skilled Lawyer privy to one's misadventures! cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sister, too much IQ
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by IDktown(m): 11:16am On Apr 07, 2016
all these are propagandas, because we understand what saraki is doing with the state allocation because if I could remember since last year April when the local allocation was paused just because they are paying some debt with his boy who seems to be the governor. I just wanna say this to my Mr Senate president that they keep doing there worst and be thinking of their judgement day, come to some of the local government and see how they are punishing them. no good road. no employment, and we will continue to pray for the best tranquility of the state and likewise the country
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by tomakint: 11:32am On Apr 07, 2016
Menzy86:
I just concluded that Saraki must have used one very strong and intractable juju on those ilorin people. I feel absolutely disgusted when I see them in that mood. My guy even supposed intellectuals o. Mental slavery is indeed the greatest bane of the african man!
For real that's what he did, through his demonic aifas and imported marabouts he make sure the bright destinies of bright Kwarans were caged. It is not ordinary when aged and young women trek kilometres to Saraki's house at GRA just to eat amala with ewedu or egusi soup cheesy grin funny but true undecided imagine that type of politics and rubbish in this modern age!

1 Like

Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by marv1: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
gcof:
and i always wonder, is it about convicting a man of his crimes and jailing him or is it about vacating the senate president seat....from all indications, he is procecuted for being the the senate president
Call it anything saraki has be enjoying govt funds since being in the womb. He must pay for his greed and over ambition to teach others lessons. A medical doctor that neva practiced one day. A manager in defunt societe general bank, then promoted to managing director of the bank by his late father, used the money from the bank to finance politics joining politics thereby destroying the bank. I dont have sympathy 4 somebody that would motgage the future of my unborn children and grandchildren for his greed and over-ambition inspite of the fact that he is already affluent.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gcof(m): 1:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
marv1:
Call it anything saraki has be enjoying govt funds since being in the womb. He must pay for his greed and over ambition to teach others lessons. A medical doctor that neva practiced one day. A manager in defunt societe general bank, then promoted to managing director of the bank by his late father, used the money from the bank to finance politics b4 joining politics after destroying the bank.
why not let him be convicted rather than telling him to vacate the senate seat making it seem like that is just the sole aim of his prosecution
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by farem: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
aaronson:
This is what happens when you only focused on the negative side of people.

If you have waited to hear the comment after yours, I believe you wouldn't have written this poo.

You mean, if not dwelling on saraki negative part, the so-called pension payments were ok? Do you have pensioners in your vicinity or family at all? Pension is now multiplied salary. Nigeria needs purging!
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by marv1: 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
gcof:
why not let him be convicted rather than telling him to vacate the senate seat making it seem like that is just the sole aim of his prosecution
This why we have problems in this country. What else are u looking for? We are talking of somebody who has been fed from his womb with stolen money. In other climes he would have stepped aside but in nigeria, he is so super rich that he can afford to hire 90 SANs to fight for his defence, what a morckery of our legal system. Politicians know very well that nigeria legal prosection system has loop-holes that they can always explore. This is why this case is just begining hearing after going back and forth for months. Yet some youths on NL that are not up to 1% Saraki's fortune will be defending him or any theiving politicians. Its saraki's turn today let it be anybody's turn tomorrow. Its welcome. All yam eaters must vormit whatever they have eaten. Call it persecution or witch-hunting one is clear a thief is a thief.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by gcof(m): 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
marv1:
This why we have problems in this country. What else are u looking for? We are talking of somebody who has been fed from his womb with stolen money. In other climes he would have stepped aside but in nigeria, he is so super rich that he can afford to hire 90 SANs to fight for his defence, what a morckery of our legal system. Politicians know very well that nigeria legal prosection system has loop-holes that they can always explore. This is why this case is just begining hearing after going back and forth for months. Yet some youths on NL that are not up to 1% Saraki's fortune will be defending him or any theiving politicians. Its saraki's turn today let it be anybody's turn tomorrow. Its welcome. All yam eaters must vormit whatever they have eaten. Call it persecution or witch-hunting one is clear a thief is a thief.
why not let the court decide that
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Brugo(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2016
elmisti:

#1- making friends- nt evr1 want to be wit u long term

#2- never spoil ur reputation cuz of a new friend ( cnt imagine hw dis wld av turn out if PDP also want his head)

#3- Pride is good, but not with emptiness (be sure of ur strengths)

#4- If u ar ambitious, u shld doctor ur own history well

#5---i might get banned for this but...Never trust a Yoruba man! ( Yorubas abandoned him alrdy, thank God kwara is a northern state )..

#6---when you fight for sm1, dnt jst fight, strengthen ur own quarters too!...( He followed d change train to evry state, Atiku only appeared maybe 4 tyms..but he is d one bn hunted not atiku d bigger one )...if not for the few APC senators he av in his team...

Am nt in support of corruption, but jst reflect on dis whole trial nd u will see other lessons in it

You have just made a case for corruption. As a youth, you should be ashamed of yourself. I would ignore your simplistic bigoted views though as not everyone on NL is blessed with a good brain.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Brugo(m): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2016
Going through this thread it is sad that young people are making excuses for corrupt politicians who were CAUGHT RED-HANDED.

These men are the reason for the tough living conditions you endure. Use your brains.
Re: CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government by Moikiitos: 12:11pm On May 21, 2019
elmisti:

Bro dnt make a fool of urslf...ex governors pension is rnd 200% or 300% of their salary, nd arnd that amnt is paid yearly for furniture allowance, infact they get same car as d sitting governor annualy.. Security details too....this is no news at all.....smtn I know b4 I left secondary skul...Lagos av d same law!

Congrats!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Adjourns Collation Of Results To 11am Monday Morning / I Saw Hell In Boko Haram's Den, Mechanic Declares . / 2 Women Greet Fayose During Project Inspection In Okesa (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.