Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) (15961 Views)

Nigerians Queue For Fuel With Their Generator Sets In Lagos (Photos) / Watch Kachikwu Explains Subsidy Removal As Against Osinbanjo Who Lied / Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by disloman(m): 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
PapaBrowne:
Interesting video.

From all indications the cause of the Fuel scarcity is clear. If you listened carefully, you'd understand the real reason why it was so easy for Jonathan to provide us fuel and it's been so difficult for Buhari to do same.

Kachichukwu's 3 undertones.

1)We(NNPC) shouldn't have attempted to go it(importation) alone.
Buhari assumed that NNPC can supply all our fuel needs so he decided to discontinue supply relationship with importers by frustrating their forex demands. He wanted NNPC to do all the importation but forgot to determine first whether they had the capability to execute such a monumental charge. It's like deciding the government would now be responsible for bread supply in the country without first determining if they know the flour suppliers, whether they have enough bakers and things like that.

2)Pipeline vandalism.
Kachichukwu said there has been more pipeline vandalism this year alone than there was in the last 3 years combined. And this has affected terribly fuel supply logistics.
Well I wouldn't say anything here besides the fact that the tompolo pipeline contract suddenly looks like it was the wiser step afterall since whoever is now guarding those pipelines are failing terribly where Tompolo succeeded.

3)Returning to the Jonathan strategy-
Kachichukwu has admitted that the NNPC cannot do this importation thing alone. So same as Jonathan did, they are now deciding to let the private sector get in on importation again.

Truth be told, Buhari's assumption that what worked in the 70s would work today is what is largely responsible for the troubles we are finding ourselves. The earlier Buhari allows his minister their freedom to operate, the faster we would get out of the mess we are facing.
To yourself and goons,you have made a point.This is one of the most senseless comments I've ever come across with.Things are needed to be done in normal ways.We giving militants jobs of our arm forces is a very stupid idea.NNCP can't import 100% of the fuels needed due to the present status but if things are done and properly maintained,they can.Sane people know what to expect when Buhari was declared winner last year.Enermies of this great country will fight back and we know that we will feel the pain but in the long run,we are better for it.With this video,gives mi hope that the govt knew. What they are doing and needed to be tackle once and for all.God bless Nigeria God bless PMB God bless Disloman.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by Gamesmart: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
So PDP and GEJ did not pay marketers from August 2014 till they left office is why we had this problem?

They were busy chopping the money?
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by caprini1: 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
enlightenedmind:

You heard what he said... Get up and do something useful. Stop sitting on ur ass and expect govt to put loot in ur account
Well said sir.....but,from where am from in Anambra state,school cert holders employs masters degree holders,so don't teach me nada about getting my ass up and doing something.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by omohayek: 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
veraponpo:

So you, as a reasonable Nigerian, expect a good government to be at the mercy of Tompolo a known criminal?

Will you prefer a situation where a select few dictate for the government what to do, how to do and for whom to do to having the full presence of the government everywhere?

Will you like to see some people operating as people that are above the law?

The best decision is what PMB has taken. Let everybody fear the state and its laws Tompolo inclusive. Nobody should be seen as being untouchable in any clime.

Whatever that action of revoking Tompolo's contract has caused is temporal, in the long run, Nigerians will celebrate because things will work out as expected.

Boko Haram is going down gradually, who could have thought of such? High level corruption cases are also getting down, others too will follow suit soon.

No, I would prefer that the majority of Niger Deltas start to directly enjoy at least some of the benefits of all that oil that is being pumped out of their land and polluting their fields, rivers and streams. The Nigerian government has earned over $400 billion from Niger Delta oil over the last 45 years, and yet these people have virtually nothing to show for it, not roads, not hospitals, not functioning schools, not even clean drinking water! Under such circumstances, the real surprise is that it took so long for militants to appear in the region, not that the likes of Tompolo are seen as heroes.

You can say what you like about "the law", but any realist will understand that a "law" that only ever applies to one of two parties can never be respected by either. Nigeria has never properly discharged its duties towards the peoples whose land it has been exploiting for decades, so all this talk of "law" will merely sound like the empty rhetoric it really is. Try to see things from the Niger Deltans' point of view: at least with Tompolo a few of them will get to benefit from the oil money, which is still better than the status quo Buhari is trying to restore by force.

As for Boko Haram "going down", why is it then that we continue to hear of entire corps of soldiers being ambushed and killed, of senior officers being kidnapped in "safe" zones, and of continued mass bombings in the middle of major cities like Maiduguri? This sort of "victory" seems as real to me as George W. Bush's "victory" in Iraq, or America's "victory" in Vietnam: empty propaganda that is only convincing to people eager to be convinced.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by enlightenedmind: 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
caprini1:
Well said sir.....but,from where am from in Anambra state,school cert holders employs masters degree holders,so don't teach me nada about getting my ass up and doing something.

Yeah we know. That is why that is stopping come 2019. No required qualifications and/or experience, no way
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by caprini1: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Yeah we know. That is why that is stopping come 2019. No required qualifications and/or experience, no way
Is 2019 going to stop Anambra young men with secondary school certificates,from creating SME,s that will eventually grow and employ masters degree holders? mtchreeeew!
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by enlightenedmind: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
caprini1:
Is 2019 going to stop Anambra young men with secondary school certificates,from creating SME,s that will eventually grow and employ masters degree holders? mtchreeeew!

Igbo people are fine. Their own is good. Degree or no degree they will make money. All these politicians thinking the can come and tell people what to do when they do not even know how the world works.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by tbaba1234: 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
omohayek:

No, I would prefer that the majority of Niger Deltas start to directly enjoy at least some of the benefits of all that oil that is being pumped out of their land and polluting their fields, rivers and streams. The Nigerian government has earned over $400 billion from Niger Delta oil over the last 45 years, and yet these people have virtually nothing to show for it, not roads, not hospitals, not functioning schools, not even clean drinking water! Under such circumstances, the real surprise is that it took so long for militants to appear in the region, not that the likes of Tompolo are seen as heroes.

You can say what you like about "the law", but any realist will understand that a "law" that only ever applies to one of two parties can never be respected by either. Nigeria has never properly discharged its duties towards the peoples whose land it has been exploiting for decades, so all this talk of "law" will merely sound like the empty rhetoric it really is. Try to see things from the Niger Deltans' point of view: at least with Tompolo a few of them will get to benefit from the oil money, which is still better than the status quo Buhari is trying to restore by force.

As for Boko Haram "going down", why is it then that we continue to hear of entire corps of soldiers being ambushed and killed, of senior officers being kidnapped in "safe" zones, and of continued mass bombings in the middle of major cities like Maiduguri? This sort of "victory" seems as real to me as George W. Bush's "victory" in Iraq, or America's "victory" in Vietnam: empty propaganda that is only convincing to people eager to be convinced.

Whilst the Niger Delta has created lots of wealth. Other regions have made valid contributions as well. Most of the food consumed in Nigeria comes from the Northern part of Nigeria. It might not produce foreign exchange but Northern Nigeria is the food basket. I am from the south -south and I find it ridiculous when people make these kinds of arguments.

As regards book haram, there has been clear progress. Access roads that were no-go areas for years have been reopened. Attacks have drastically reduced and there is a semblance of peace. In December 2014, Boko Haram were close to capturing 3 state capitals. The Buhari administration deserves credit here.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by omohayek: 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
tbaba1234:

Whilst the Niger Delta has created lots of wealth. Other regions have made valid contributions as well. Most of the food consumed in Nigeria comes from the Northern part of Nigeria. It might not produce foreign exchange but Northern Nigeria is the food basket. I am from the south -south and I find it ridiculous when people make these kinds of arguments.

As regards book haram, there has been clear progress. Access roads that were no-go areas for years have been reopened. Attacks have drastically reduced and there is a semblance of peace. In December 2014, Boko Haram were close to capturing 3 state capitals. The Buhari administration deserves credit here.

And I am from the moon - in other words, anyone can claim to be from anywhere on the internet.

The idea that the contribution of any other region to the federal government's coffers over the last 45 years bears any comparison to the receipts from oil is utterly ridiculous - Buhari himself has admitted on multiple occasions that 90% of federal government revenues come from oil, and it's the low price of the same oil that is responsible for the fact that 27 out of 36 states can't meet their salary payments. Pretending that the Niger Delta isn't the main earner of Nigerian income is just pure self-deception.

As for the claim that Northern Nigeria is a "food basket" - even if it were true (and there is no real evidence that it is so), what of it? Has that food been given to the rest of the country for free? Because that is the real difference here: one small region produces the vast majority of revenue that the rest of the country spends, with nothing to show for it but extreme pollution and military brutality whenever they dare to complain. Nobody can be expected to swallow such an injustice forever.

If you are serious that the contribution of Northern Nigeria to federal income can in any way be compared to what the Niger Delta brings to the table, then I'm sure you'll be ready to concede the Deltans' demands for resource control: after all, if everybody else is lifting their share of the weight, it shouldn't make a big difference to the rest of the country if the Deltans are allowed to keep 50% rather than 13%. Somehow I bet no one boasting about the supposed Northern contribution will ever agree to such a change ...
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by tbaba1234: 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
omohayek:

And I am from the moon - in other words, anyone can claim to be from anywhere on the internet.

The idea that the contribution of any other region to the federal government's coffers over the last 45 years bears any comparison to the receipts from oil is utterly ridiculous - Buhari himself has admitted on multiple occasions that 90% of federal government revenues come from oil, and it's the low price of the same oil that is responsible for the fact that 27 out of 36 states can't meet their salary payments. Pretending that the Niger Delta isn't the main earner of Nigerian income is just pure self-deception.

As for the claim that Northern Nigeria is a "food basket" - even if it were true (and there is no real evidence that it is so), what of it? Has that food been given to the rest of the country for free? Because that is the real difference here: one small region produces the vast majority of revenue that the rest of the country spends, with nothing to show for it but extreme pollution and military brutality whenever they dare to complain. Nobody can be expected to swallow such an injustice forever.

If you are serious that the contribution of Northern Nigeria to federal income can in any way be compared to what the Niger Delta brings to the table, then I'm sure you'll be ready to concede the Deltans' demands for resource control: after all, if everybody else is lifting their share of the weight, it shouldn't make a big difference to the rest of the country if the Deltans are allowed to keep 50% rather than 13%. Somehow I bet no one boasting about the supposed Northern contribution will ever agree to such a change ...

I am completely in support of resource control . Absolutely. Not because the south south will get a larger share but because governors will be forced to get creative.

I do not have to validate myself to you. I have been on Nairaland long enough and many people here know me personally.

Our vegetables, Tomato, Onions, pepper are mostly from the north. Cattle and other meat products are also from the north. Resource control might force governors to develop the industry especially processing the tomatoes wasted every year to create an export market.

75% of government revenue come from Oil but it also accounts for over 90% of foreign exchange. The best way to develop other resources for foreign exchange is by resource control.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by Sanchase: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
Meanwhile the Minister for Petroleum after reading the news was spotted doing this grin

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by eDoc: 12:14am On Apr 08, 2016
drss:
who wants to hear a junior minister why is buari dullard who is d substansive oyel minister not talking to nigerians about dis fuel scarcity

election happened more than 10months ago,be patient or if you can hibernate,come 2019,you can exercise you power,by voting him out,but until that day,stay voiceless.

thanks for reading.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by eDoc: 12:16am On Apr 08, 2016
vedaxcool:

Lies upon lies to lift the ineffectual..... cv in failure is plain sickening. When did Kachikwu said NNPC attempted to lift petrol alone? He said, the marketers deliberately reduced their importation due to shortage of forex, what point, did Buhari ever told you that he wants NNPC to be sole supplier of petroleum? It is this sort of lies you use in fooling yourselves for 16 yrs till we drove you people away!

and they would be quick to castigate lia mohammed,when we have a lying apprentice in the making.
you for no answer am,make hin get likes and shares from hin comrades.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by eDoc: 12:22am On Apr 08, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Why dont they have the capacity? So why do they exist then? What is their purpose if they cannot meet the capacity of the sector they were created to manage? Why do they get paid so much? Please do your jobs. No one cares really what Buhari did. Why were we importing fuel? [/b]So what has NNPC been doing for 16 years?[b] Collecting importation loot. Please do ur jobs.

the embolded should be forwarded to some peoples heros
and his mentor
and his coordinating minister
and his oil minister
and his wife that wanted to continue to be first lady
and his supporters
and his vp that was saying osinbajo had 5000 churches
and his ffk
and his call me bastard,buhari is not electable doyin
and his ...........................fill in the gaps,i don tire for bitter wailing wailers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Rescued South-west From Political Oblivion — Fayemi / Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon / Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.