Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How Did You Spend Your First Income? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did You Spend Your First Income? (3474 Views)

Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? / What Is The Best Answer For "How Did You Get My Number?" / Did You Spend Any Of These Currencies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Spend Your First Income? by oklinks: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2009
AM REALLY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW MOST PEOPLE SPEND THEIR VERY FIRST EARNED MONEY,
ITS ALWAYS SAID THAT "A CHILD USES ITS FIRST MONEY TO BUY AKARA"
DON'T REALLY KNOW IF ITS TRUE OR FALSE,
BUT I'LL REALLY LOVE TO KNOW HOW YOU SPENT YOUR FIRST EVER EARNED MONEY?[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]

PLS REPLY
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by waleluv1(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2009
I give kudos to the old men, they are known for their wisdom,
that small adage is a time tested and proven one.
I spent my first income on expensive phone which got stolen
after few weeks of purchase.
But up till now i've used my last kobo on equity investment.
Now think i'm wiser
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by zmurda(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2009
I bought beer plenty for my men. Went partying through the weekend. Gave about half to my mum. Now I am wiser as the guy said, not that I regret the life anyways!
But will those days of youth come again, I wish
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by DeepSoul(f): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2009
I gave ALL of it as my First Seed offering in church
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by agathamari(f): 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2009
i bought myself a nintendo game (i was 12)
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by segzicres(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2009
i went to a game center and spent practical half on paying for the games i played.(9yrs)
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by AloyEmeka8: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2009
I was about 5years old when I started receiving income. My two uncles who lives with us pay me to pick balls for them whenever they are playing lawn tennis and also pay me when I help them wash their cars. I made money and fell in love with my job so much that I started charging my father for services. I had a small saving box where I drop the earning.

I think my first accumulated income was robbed off me by a Lebanese jackpot owner. I sneaked out from church with my friends and went there with all my savings and this old man kept encouraging me to play and play in order to win big until I lost all my money. I became heart broken, started crying and went into depression after that[na N5 we de talk about here]. It pained me so much b/c I worked hard for that money. When my dad heard that I went and gambled, he whipped me like a dog but later paid me back my lost savings.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by skia(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
i will pay my tight and spend the having fun
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2009
What ur busy wiv that?
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by denony(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2009
I spent mine buying cloths and and drinks
It's very interesting spending ur first salary roughly

I don't think there are up to 5% who spend their first
salary wisely.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by whiteroses(f): 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2009
i dont earn minimum wage just one trotro job and the wage was so small its easy to waste so my mum bought me colo and asked me to drop half in it and spend the rest after seven months i broke colo and found about £800 grin newaiz i spend my first on buying doner mixed kebab and 1 litre coke grin
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by matiltomd(f): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
smiley smiley smileyi was sixteen and was working with a Travel Agency (2001) and my salary was 1,500naira, i gave it to my mum and she bought me a Phillips Iron (funny enough,I'm still using it till date) shocked shocked, the rest was shared amongst my siblings, i don't remember buying any akara sha o, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by vikkieb: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2009
Am getting mine in a couple of days, lets wait n see what i'll do with it. But one thing is certain am paying 10% to God first.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by osasp(m): 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
back in 9ja
i bought a pair of baggy jeans and a fitted big collar shirt.
i still buy em till 2day smiley
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by mamagee6(f): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2009
I haven't earned my first income.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by ayotee2000(m): 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2009
suits, shirts and shoes, thought of it as an investment to aid earning more dough! shocked
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by mikeobk(m): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2009
O boy! Its been quite long i earned my first income. Actually, when i was in ss2 at MSG makurdi, i got a contract as a private teacher 2 teach two pips(ss1 & a GCE candidate) for the sum of N**** per month, When i got my 1st CHEES!! I got a sonyericsson phone, some jeans and bam-bam tops, sent some credict 2 my jigga-man and guez wat else, A good ofatry the following sunday.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by darkgoddes(f): 6:11am On Aug 09, 2009
The first income i earned was as a model. That was years ago as a teenager.
I was more excited about it than the money i received for doing it, so I gave it all to my mum.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Akanniade(m): 10:33am On Aug 09, 2009
bought mum and dad nice gold watches. Bought me a N93 phone.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 09, 2009
My first income was my IT allowance from ITF. I bought francine River's "An Echo in the Darkness" with part of the money and spent the rest on clothes
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by fortnnewi: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2009
bought a glass skull

Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Labelle(f): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2009
I got me a really nice PDA.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by mbulela: 6:36am On Aug 10, 2009
gave 20% to God and gave my grandmum some.i have forgotten what i did with the rest.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2009
i did 3 commercials when i was 11yrs old and and through that i got a top part in a movie, all before i turned 13yrs old.
i was too young to spend any of the loot and only got 20% while the rest was put in a saving account till i was 21(thats the law). the first thing i did when i got the money at 21 was to get a FAT ride which i totalled within 2yrs!!!!!
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by oyinda3(f): 7:24am On Aug 10, 2009
^was this in naija or us? what movie i want to watch it. lol

@ topic i really don't remember lol
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 10, 2009
oyinda.:

^was this in naija or us? what movie i want to watch it. lol

that was in France and giving you the title of that flick would give you TOO MUCH information about me.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by oyinda3(f): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2009
oh wow are u even nigerian? je ne sais pas que tu es francais ou que tu habites la. les publicite ce sont en france aussi?
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2009
oyinda.:

oh wow are u even nigerian? je ne sais pas que tu es francais ou que tu habites la. les publicite ce sont en france aussi?

je suis né en France de parents Nigerians. aujourd´hui je dirais plutot que je suis francais de souche nigerianne. ma famille vit en France mais je bosse en Amerique du sud en ce moment.
oui les publicités etaient toutes en France. ma premiere pub a été pour OK magazine, malheureusement plus en circulation. et toi?
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 10, 2009
ahh I missed my french class
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by Joy2Dwise1: 8:21am On Aug 10, 2009
'was in in year 2 at the polytechnic then. My holiday job paid off quite well so I bought a tokunbo fridge and tokunbo okada. Used the remaining pay to booze with friends and when I ran out of cash, I started doing okada runs after lectures till graduation.
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by oyinda3(f): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

je suis né en France de parents Nigerians. aujourd´hui je dirais plutot que je suis francais de souche nigerianne. ma famille vit en France mais je bosse en Amerique du sud en ce moment.
oui les publicités etaient toutes en France. ma premiere pub a été pour OK magazine, malheureusement plus en circulation. et toi?

wow j'ai comprend tout que tu dit sauf quelque mots qui je deviner. ton petit histoire est tres interesant. est-ce qu'il y a beaucoup du nigerians en france? usualement c'est les gens afrique qui vient du pays francophone qui habite en france. hmm
as u can see, mon francais est tres mal parce que je l'etudier a l'ecole et je ne utilise pas avec personne.

qu'est ce que tu fait en amerique? tu es ici pour toujours ou pour un sejour?
oh la la tu es un star en france. lol
Re: How Did You Spend Your First Income? by mayrho(m): 8:47am On Aug 10, 2009
I followed the tradition of my family gave it to my Dad and he shared it gave me the larger share and gave every1 in the family smtn.
This is done to stress the fact that all we have, we share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gtbank Airtime Recharge Via Mobile Number / Do This And I Can Assure You Will Start Making Money Online. / Fidelity Bank Grows Profit After Tax By 66% To N9bn In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.