Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This (67114 Views)

Present House Majority Leader's Message To GEJ Concerning The Increase Of Petrol / Press Statement Concerning Fuel Subsidy Removal ( Picture) / Pmb And Fayose In China !!! Spot The Difference !!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by amodu(m): 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
May God bless the op and I pray your memory never to desert you.
Thumbs up
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Ajaypompin(m): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
In Edo state I have been buying fuel since last week @ 86.50k at Total filling station for the past two weeks and I still have up to 20ltrs @ home for my generator in case of power outage but my concerns is just way people aggravate this issue as if it's a new thing, I remembered I bought fuel @ 250 per ltrs before the exist of Mumu GEJ and now people are wailing under PMB without giving this man a little time to stabilise the economy, mind u we need to consider the cartels that GEJ gave power of Oil sector to their hands, tell me how can the faith of over 170million be decided by less than a thousand IPMAN? It's a question we need to ask ourself, make una give this people chance, abeg free PMB.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by obailala(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
fujirice:
Please can we stop all these stupidity?
So what if there was fuel scarcity in the past.
Is that enough reason to continue suffering it now?
Where is the CHANGE this government promised us?
Instead of you guys to be looking for what we propel us forward we are going to the past to dig up one of our worst moments just to make up for the ineptitude of this present administration.
I spit on this thread and whatever it stands for!
Tufiakwa!
The point behind this thread is simply to deflate the folly which has been spread across Nigeria by the usual suspects that there was never fuel scarcity under GEJ and that the present scarcity is the worst in history. The fact is that the fuel scarcity which happened under GEj in his last days was actually the worst in history and it was also caused by the revenue loss due to oil price drop.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by HeavenTree: 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
MY FELLOW CITIZENS, FELLOW COMPATROITS AND FELLOW NIGERIANS. LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY, TIMES IS TICKING. RECORDS ARE KEPT, DAYS ARE NUMBERED. WHETHER YOU ARE A MEMBER OF APC, OR A ZOMBIE, OR A WAILER,OR PMB BROTHER OR SISTER. WE ALL KNOW GEJ WAS A BAD MAN, ACCEPTED. NEVER LET GEJ HISTORY BE A SNARE TO YOUR PARTY. NOW TELL PMB TO BUILD US A REFINERY BEFORE HIS TENURE EXPIRES. IF NOT,EH..HE WILL EVER BE IN THE BLACK BOOKS OF HISTORY. I REPEAT AGAIN LETS UNITE AND PRESSURE THIS GOVT TO GIVE US AT LEAST 4 MODULAR REFINERIES LESS HIS ERA WILL END AS A BLACK ERA. I ADVICE.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by chizking(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
If op is right then remain with him we got no problem with that!

Just dont change ur stand in withim the next 45weeks

Stand true to it ook

quote author=Standing5 post=44501558]I hate when people embrace stupìdìty to spite what makes them insecure. The OP is right . . . Quit the wailing
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by fujirice: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
ocloud81:
In my personal opinion i believe what we are facing in Nigeria today is just a little sacrifice needed to make things right. And am not surprise if Nigerians prefer to choose GEJ administration to that of PMB because most Nigerians are the descendant of Philippines who prefer to spare the thief life's to nail jesus the savior.
Biko, does Jesus make your life miserable and pathetic before he makes it better?
Smh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Acidosis(m): 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
When exactly did all these happened? When GEJ had already lost election?

You compare that season with an era of CHANGE? A man that aspired since the past 36 years to sleep on Aso bed?

We all know the cattle rearer would have probably sent his foot soldiers to burn all fuel attendants and motorists to ashes had it been he lost such an enviable seat.

For a man who had lost elections already, and had presented his hand over notes to PMB, he deserves the commendations. Why didn't you post screenshots from 2011 to 2014?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by techlegs: 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
pussyphilia:
Only a zombie will make excuses for a colossal failure called buhari.

Op is a zombie!!!!
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Naff24(f): 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
I don't take Wailers seriously...

But somebody got dis today grin
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Naff24(f): 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
better than being an IPOB youth wailing all day.

Epic reply I love this.....buh someone received dis as a gift at a filling station today

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by bashydemy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
OLADD:

OP, you're utterly sick. Famished brains like you are the reasons Nigeria will find it difficult to move forward. How can you use an event that took place few weeks to the end of Jonathan's govt to judge his 5-year tenure?
And you and your co wailers are serious sick and need serious medical attention by judging this administration with just 10 month out 48/96 month of this administration.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by nicolosam(m): 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
sincerely, I respect ur opinion. however, Nigerians must stand up to fight for a better Nigeria. imagine what ex-governor receive in Nigeria as pension yet most state governors won't pay the salaries of workers at wen due and no concrete action. all pressure groups in Nigeria have become tools in the hands of the political class. the political cabal that have been ruling us since independence still continue to hold on to power with any reasonable dividends. our education sector is a state of comatose and our younger ones run after miracle /special centers to pass ordinary level certificate while the rich in the society send their kids to the best schools in the society in order to give sound training for same generational control of our political landscape. therefore, the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer. students associations have benn bastardized with the influence of money to buy our conscience and thereby putting us at a permanent servitude to success. the youth is a kingdom divided against itself. Iam weeping for my generation. until there is revolution in this country against the political cabal who have held this country by the jugular, hope for a great Nigeria is a mirage. GEJ wasn't allowed to rule....Buhari have decided to surround himself with sycophants, although he is himself. no dignity and no integrity. I repeat Revolution is the answer. peaceful, bloodless but determined and unified with a united intent and purposeful REVOLUTION is the way forward. thank u. my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by fujirice: 11:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
The point behind this thread is simply to deflate the folly which has been spread across Nigeria by the usual suspects that there was never fuel scarcity under GEJ and that the present scarcity is the worst in history. The fact is that the fuel scarcity which happened under GEj in his last days was actually the worst in history and it was also caused by the revenue loss due to oil price drop.
So what problem has that solved now?
Has that removed the suffering of the masses? Of you and I?
Abeg we should stop making excuses for these guys that's why they are messing up.
A good standard of living is our right!
They promised to make life easy for us but we are yet to see it and the only thing a rational thinking human being will do is to go dig up this mess?
I still spit on this thread again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by chronique(m): 11:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
You really don't need to respond. One of the ways to know a daft person,is that He/She would use a one-off situation that occurred towards the tail end of a particular regime,which was more of a sabotage of the system,to compare a situation that is gradually becoming a norm under a new government,which is being caused due to bad monetary and economic policies. That's like comparing apples and lemons. Before you pass a verdict,ask yourself what the underlying factors responsible for both scarcities are. Under PMB,importers are not able to access forex to import fuel;only NNPC is importing at the moment. Under GEJ,marketers suddenly held the nation to ransom over exchange rate differentials incurred in the process of importing fuel...
tomakint:
@ op, be sincere it was not this bad under Jonathan, mind you the shortage of fuel towards the end of Jonathan's tenure was a grand manipulations from the detractors of his government just to whip up sentiments from the already angry electorates who are hell bent to get him out. Jonathan's government had the singular honour of stopping our seasonal December 24th-28th shortage of fuel we witnessed for 6 years under Obj's eight years.... This is the noble truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by abacrested(f): 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
OP you were correct about your analysis about how bad fuel scasity was at the twilight of the last administration which we knew what was the course ie govts inability to pay for subsidy but the problem is that Apc gave the masses hope, people believed them like they have the magic wand but right now they seems to be more confused than the last government. The information gap hasn't been bridged till now almost one year and counting. There is no plan neither is there any policy direction. The few educated ones around are disappointed with this government because nothing shows that that future looks bright . All indices points towards recession and the government seems to be lost. Fuel scarcity can be prevented if only the government will structure the sector well not when the president becomes the Minister and all the bucks stops at his table . believe it or not the level of corruption in the oil sector since Apc took over is unprecedented. Nepotism and tribalism where another set people decides who gets what. Like it or not Buhari is worst than Gej

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
kel5000:

U deserve to be ignored,since u turned yasef to Stevie wonder.

...and yet you couldn't resist the urge to quote me. undecided
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by soloehis(m): 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
Op..in as much as i admire your writing skills and also know that you have right to your own opinion doesnt take away the fact that this administration has no direction..your write up is not void of enthnic sentiment.. The fact remains that there was access to petrol and at official rate in the last administration.Your likes tried to dent the image of Ngozi Okongi iweala, all because she is an igbo. Where are the save nigeria group?then they were very active..where is bring back our girls groups?and now Who has complained about the incompetence of the so called president/petroleum minister?rather complain about the present incompetent minister of finance?rather you are here shifting blames instead of standing for the truth. Sentiment will not make you see things right. If it were jonathan administration you would have bn running your mouth..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Gabrielo7125(m): 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Change is on its way!
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by slimderek(m): 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
tomakint:
@ op, be sincere it was not this bad under Jonathan, mind you the shortage of fuel towards the end of Jonathan's tenure was a grand manipulations from the detractors of his government just to whip up sentiments from the already angry electorates who are hell bent to get him out. Jonathan's government had the singular honour of stopping our seasonal December 24th-28th shortage of fuel we witnessed for 6 years under Obj's eight years.... This is the noble truth.
Just what i was thinking.
God bless you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by LONGFUELCUE: 11:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:
Nigerians in diaspora STFU! Fuel is now N300/ltr STFU.

Diaspo...wetin? Some are now into prostitution, scavenging, nanny jobs etc just to pay their school fees. Some freshers have even withdrawn.

Do you still see them with placards waiting? Nobody wants to be associated with failure(Buhari) anymore, because all the technocrats that have done so have been turned to flesh eaters. Name them; Osinbajo, Kachikwu, Ngige, Ogbonnaya Onu, Fayemi, Fasola etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by shiki(m): 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:

Where are you? No filling station is selling at that price except NNPC.

Don't say nowhere, cos here in calabar, we have Northwest fuel stations selling at normal price
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by tomakint: 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
chronique:
You really don't need to respond. One of the ways to know a daft person,is that He/She would use a one-off situation that occurred towards the tail end of a particular regime,which was more of a sabotage of the system,to compare a situation that is gradually becoming a norm under a new government,which is being caused due to bad monetary and economic policies. That's like comparing apples and lemons. Before you pass a verdict,ask yourself what the underlying factors responsible for both scarcities are. Under PMB,importers are not able to access forex to import fuel;only NNPC is importing at the moment. Under GEJ,marketers suddenly held the nation to ransom over exchange rate differentials incurred in the process of importing fuel...
My honourable Sir, you dey mind dem.....

1 Like

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by ayindeamos: 11:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
Stop justifying the situation in which actions and inactions of the present govt is causing Nigeria. It has never been this worse in this country in the last 40 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Montaque(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
obailala:
Oh! it's no longer APC sabotaging, it's now petroleum marketers that went on industrial action because they feared a Buhari who hadn't even been sworn in?... You don't even think the GEJ led government which owed them their arrears since August 2014 should be blamed?... But you think a Buhari who hadn't even been sworn in should be blamed for fuel scarcity which happened when GEJ was still president?....

And now, you strangely don't think the marketers who refused to import fuel (because they aren't making enough profits any more) should be blamed, you rather think the blame should all be on Buhari's head?.... What a bizarre theory!

You know, as a normal concerned Nigerian, I should also be wailing over the shortcomings of PMB's government and the sufferings of Nigerians, but when I see the way some jonathanians defend the indefensible with the weirdest conspiracy theories, I would be silly if I abandon Buhari now and start blaming him for anything.
ok. there is a practice with which subsidy is paid that made it assessible in arrears. and it has been ongoing without hitch till may 2015. because of the legitimate fears I explained earlier. The payment of subsidy isnt a matter ofcourse, it needs be verified before payment, after the product is discharged, and because of the volume in the whole country, it takes time to verify and offset the debt, but the marketers wanted an all at once payment which resulted in the lockdown, although uba broke rank and sold despite the marketers agreement not to sell. mind u, their were enough pms in the marketers depot but they refused to offload n supply until their demands r met.
Presently, the importers did not refuse to import fuel as u said. NNPC took over the business of Import cos govt thought they can import alone and supplement with the 40% produced locally. but they saw they cant do it since the one locally produced isnt guaranteed. who do u blame now, the marketers that were stopped or the govt that couldnt do their forcast well to understand that they cant monopolize import effectively?
Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by jacksonite: 12:00am On Apr 08, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
One of the major problems wrong with Nigerians is that we forget easily. This is the reason why hardened criminals and looters in the past can easily come back and contest for public office to the extent of winning. It is so sad that some people, mostly youths who are the leaders of tomorrow are going about with the slogan "#BringBackOurCorruption". They say they want the last administration presided by Good luck Ebele Jonathan back in power cos they can't stand the current fuel scarcity amidst other challenges that I believe the Nation will breeze through in due time.

This brainwashed blind bats who love to view things ethnically are quick to forget that the fuel scarcity experienced towards the end of the last administration's tenure was really unbearable compared to what we are currently facing now. Then, major sectors were shutting down, from telecommunications to the media, from aviation to banking. Nigerians were literally cut off from the rest of the world during that period. A period in which getting a bus to the bank to withdraw money was difficult cos buses had no fuel. When you manage to get to the bank, you are told you arrived late cos they close early due to shortage of diesel. Was the power sector any different?

Take a look at the pictures of fuel scarcity events that took place in the last administration below and tell me that Nigerians didn't make a good choice in voting them out.

I think you are being a little bit mischievous here. You didn't consider GEJ's overall performance in that sector for the five years he ruled which I think he did a good job of it. That period of scarcity you mentioned even happened after he was already voted out and thus lost the zeal and moral to handle the situation. Take it or leave it it was never this bad in the petroleum ministry under GEJ/Diezani as compared with PMB/PMB!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by exwizzy90(m): 12:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Y dwelling in the past my people. 4get about Jonathan who has lost and focus on Buhari on our current leader who needs our support. I guess we've all been hearing the campaign of Donald Trump; Imagine when such a person is the president of the world power. Just like our president said ''we have no other country to call our own, except Nigeria''. Buhari do well oh, we go benefit. Buhari fail oh e go affect us. Instead of frustrating him, Y not support his good intentions of bringing a lasting solution...? Make we (Zombies, wailers and neutral people) receive common sense
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Kingspin(m): 12:09am On Apr 08, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
why would anyone want to make Nigerians go through pains by shutting down fuel supply just cos they want GEJ out, a man that had already being voted out?

cc lalasticlala there's a debate going on here o!
Even Buhari dey blame a man that is already being voted out. I will blame the change here.

1 Like

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by OKorowanta: 12:09am On Apr 08, 2016
Op u finish work.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by obailala(m): 12:23am On Apr 08, 2016
fujirice:

So what problem has that solved now?
Has that removed the suffering of the masses? Of you and I?
Abeg we should stop making excuses for these guys that's why they are messing up.
A good standard of living is our right!
They promised to make life easy for us but we are yet to see it and the only thing a rational thinking human being will do is to go dig up this mess?
I still spit on this thread again.
The thread wasnt meant to solve a problem, it was meant to clarify a misconception. That was clear from the start.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by obailala(m): 12:28am On Apr 08, 2016
Montaque:

ok. there is a practice with which subsidy is paid that made it assessible in arrears. and it has been ongoing without hitch till may 2015. because of the legitimate fears I explained earlier. The payment of subsidy isnt a matter ofcourse, it needs be verified before payment, after the product is discharged, and because of the volume in the whole country, it takes time to verify and offset the debt, but the marketers wanted an all at once payment which resulted in the lockdown, although uba broke rank and sold despite the marketers agreement not to sell. mind u, their were enough pms in the marketers depot but they refused to offload n supply until their demands r met.
Presently, the importers did not refuse to import fuel as u said. NNPC took over the business of Import cos govt thought they can import alone and supplement with the 40% produced locally. but they saw they cant do it since the one locally produced isnt guaranteed. who do u blame now, the marketers that were stopped or the govt that couldnt do their forcast well to understand that they cant monopolize import effectively?
Shalom.
There was a protest by the importers late last year which prompted NNPC to take over the import business.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Solozzo(m): 12:38am On Apr 08, 2016
tomakint:

False! What happened was difficulty of jona paying subsidy to ghost suppliers who then ceased supplies of pet products. Jona spent nearly a trillion naira yearly on scam fuel subsidy and it was biting us hard. Prior to that he tried to pass the scam subsidy bill to the people by increasing fuel to 165 naira and we said No!!
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Abuja? That's where they are deceiving you people na, ask people living else where, we do not buy fuel from filling stations at the regulated pump price.
Shut the hell up...Total and Mobil sold theirs at the normal price this morning...
You can't be everywhere....can you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

President Buhari's Convoy Leaving The Defence House Yesterday. Photos / Mamman Daura's Tribute To Abba Kyari / Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.