Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,049 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This (67154 Views)

Present House Majority Leader's Message To GEJ Concerning The Increase Of Petrol / Press Statement Concerning Fuel Subsidy Removal ( Picture) / Pmb And Fayose In China !!! Spot The Difference !!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by ndcide(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
One of the major problems wrong with Nigerians is that we forget easily. This is the reason why hardened criminals and looters in the past can easily come back and contest for public office to the extent of winning. It is so sad that some people, mostly youths who are the leaders of tomorrow are going about with the slogan "#BringBackOurCorruption". They say they want the last administration presided by Good luck Ebele Jonathan back in power cos they can't stand the current fuel scarcity amidst other challenges that I believe the Nation will breeze through in due time.

This brainwashed blind bats who love to view things ethnically are quick to forget that the fuel scarcity experienced towards the end of the last administration's tenure was really unbearable compared to what we are currently facing now. Then, major sectors were shutting down, from telecommunications to the media, from aviation to banking. Nigerians were literally cut off from the rest of the world during that period. A period in which getting a bus to the bank to withdraw money was difficult cos buses had no fuel. When you manage to get to the bank, you are told you arrived late cos they close early due to shortage of diesel. Was the power sector any different?

Take a look at the pictures of fuel scarcity events that took place in the last administration below and tell me that Nigerians didn't make a good choice in voting them out.

If truly you wrote this piece and you didn't know what happened in May 2015, regarding the petrol and diesel issue, then you are not intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by omofunaab(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
shachris02:

as of now. buhari cannot measure up to jonathan in any way.

I don't know if I should compare someone that failed woefully or someone that has started failing already. But for the betterment of the nation and growth.. I hope buhari succeed.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by omenka(m): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
agabaI23:
You think I cursed you?
Nah. I know it's a complement, that is why I returned same to your father(s). smiley
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by thawgy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Jonathan was already voted out of power and with the curses you APC politicians bootlickers were raining on him how will you expect Jonathan to do anything to address the state of the nation during that time? And the marketers were on strike because they were not sure of the payment of subsidy owed them by the incoming government hence the fuel scarcity then.. why do we have fuel scarcity now? At the same time there has been a 100 percent increase in every commodity good too, plus there is no electricity and the dollar sells for 315 so what in this world are you talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by IBBG(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
op e be like say u don forget say na buhari govt get the longest fuel scarcity in the history of Nigeria since independence.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nbote(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
jogojogo:

Seems you did not understand the op. He is not justifying thr current situation but the way some people wail seems we have never experienced fuel scarcity before. At least it is yet to the extent where banks, telecommunication have challenge with their operations as experienced under GEJ

D mere fact dat he is making reference to the last administration and d post election fuel scarcity is a clear pointer to dat effect. My issue with whoever tries to defend the govt from criticisms and blames is dat up until dis past week d govt has been insincere in tackling the situation with claims and counter claims. Up until now no clear cut reason was given for the persisting scarcity so what exactly are u exonerating the govt for?? Atleast then we heard it was marketers and their subsidy payment. D govt has been contradicting itself with claims of refineries back up and running and all dat even though we all know d refineries have all been comatose since time immemorial. Why make claims about fixing the refineries wen in truth it's still in d same sorry state. Why then will Nigerians not criticize the govt wen it turns out most of their statements were jus to score cheap political points at d detriment of Nigerians. Nigerians obviously know things are bad but must d govt kip reminding dem about how bad things are instead of trying to fix things?? No one says Nigeria is going to b fixed overnight but trust me d signs should b encouraging enof to worth the wait...
I forgot to ask u dis, was the hardship being faced by Nigerians then also worse than d present one?? Since u were willing to point out the fuel scarcity then, u should go home take ur tym and analyze d power situation as well as d general socio-economic situation at d time and if u eventually com up with the excuse dat times are different and some things have change then u would realise what hypocrites some of U are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Polar3: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
tomakint:
@ op, be sincere it was not this bad under Jonathan, mind you the shortage of fuel towards the end of Jonathan's tenure was a grand manipulations from the detractors of his government just to whip up sentiments from the already angry electorates who are hell bent to get him out. Jonathan's government had the singular honour of stopping our seasonal December 24th-28th shortage of fuel we witnessed for 6 years under Obj's eight years.... This is the noble truth.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by saint047(m): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
bedspread:
THAT'S IF THERE IS FUEL TO POWER THE CHURCH GENERATOR
they will always find their way.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by agabaI23(m): 9:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
omenka:
Nah. I know it's a complement, that is why I returned same to your father(s). smiley
lol
Echekwara m ma I gara eji asusu odi n'ala zaa m?
Gboo Omenka?

Onye aturu ilu wee kowara ya, ya mata na ego eji luo nne ya lara n'iyi

I don't curse so if anyone interpretes it for you as a curse....well
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by pendusky(m): 9:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
seunmsg:

The same fuel I bought at N86.50 today right? Must you lie just to make the government look bad? Really sucks to be a wailer! angry

go and take ur drugs kid
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nebuchadnezar: 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
AnanseK:

GeJ

Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Polar3: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
seunmsg:

The same fuel I bought at N86.50 today right? Must you lie just to make the government look bad? Really sucks to be a wailer! angry

be sincere and tell how long it took u to get pms @#86
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by valslove8715(f): 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
MosakuAW:
@OP, you maybe right with your write-up backing it with proof.

BTW, this is becoming a norm in every administration in Nigeria. When will they put a final stop to all this mess.

Nigeria is bigger than this nonsense we experience almost every quarter in the year.

May Allah deliver us from bad leaders in Jesus name. Ase.

Chrislamherb!!! I sight you.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Carlmax(m): 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
why would anyone want to make Nigerians go through pains by shutting down fuel supply just cos they want GEJ out, a man that had already being voted out?

cc lalasticlala there's a debate going on here o!

Marketers were uncertain if subsidy would be paid by the incoming administration hence the scarcity as they were not willing to import new products or disburse the ones they had. it was not a failure of Jonathan's administration. I still hate his administration though, but fuel scarcity at the tail end (few days) of his administration should not be compared to this.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by omenka(m): 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
agabaI23:
lol
Echekwara m ma I gara eji asusu odi n'ala zaa m?
Gboo Omenka?

Onye aturu ilu wee kowara ya, ya mata na ego eji luo nne ya lara n'iyi

I don't curse so if anyone interpretes it for you as a curse....well
Whatever the complement is, I wish and say same to your father bro. smiley

Goodnyt.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by amazon14: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
Please stop being sentiment Gej is no more in power. Face reality. What is the way out of this situations. It is getting out of hand .or do what us to visit 1984 also?
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
tomakint:
@ op, be sincere it was not this bad under Jonathan, mind you the shortage of fuel towards the end of Jonathan's tenure was a grand manipulations from the detractors of his government just to whip up sentiments from the already angry electorates who are hell bent to get him out. Jonathan's government had the singular honour of stopping our seasonal December 24th-28th shortage of fuel we witnessed for 6 years under Obj's eight years.... This is the noble truth.

Don't mind the Aisha Rice-Eating bloodyBLOGGER! He is ranting and posting nonsensical pictures!

Fuel Scarcity under the GEJ administration has never been this persistent and chronic like the one we are currently facing! He even talked about people viewing things based on tribal and ethnic sentiments meanwhile he is the one looking at things that way! Abeg bloodyBLOGGER swerve this way ===========> and stop posting rubbish!
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by kel5000(m): 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ioannes:
if there's anything I have learnt from those who call themselves Wailers, it's that the only reason they need to wail their hearts out is hearing the name Buhari.

applying their common sense to issue is a herculean task for them.
U deserve to be ignored,since u turned yasef to Stevie wonder.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by yewawa: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
whatever anybody says,i will continue to thank God for bringing Buhari on board,because many dont know that our beloved country Nigeria has already been shared by some bad individuals.So Baba continue with your work,nigerians , the storm will soon be over.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by bababeno: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
This post is so juvenile! We all could recollect that what created the fuel scarcity towards the tail end of GEJ's government was the marketers that refused to release fuel from their fuel tanks and depot. The marketers' tiff was based on the fear that the incoming government of Buhari would not pay them their subsidy fees hence they refused to dispense fuel to retailers. But when Ifeanyi Uba decided to open his farm tank, the others follow suit and the situation got back to nornal. In essence, it was artificial scarcity and not this deliberate ploy by Buhari to annihilate the poor masses.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Polar3: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
One of the major problems wrong with Nigerians is that we forget easily. This is the reason why hardened criminals and looters in the past can easily come back and contest for public office to the extent of winning. It is so sad that some people, mostly youths who are the leaders of tomorrow are going about with the slogan "#BringBackOurCorruption". They say they want the last administration presided by Good luck Ebele Jonathan back in power cos they can't stand the current fuel scarcity amidst other challenges that I believe the Nation will breeze through in due time.

This brainwashed blind bats who love to view things ethnically are quick to forget that the fuel scarcity experienced towards the end of the last administration's tenure was really unbearable compared to what we are currently facing now. Then, major sectors were shutting down, from telecommunications to the media, from aviation to banking. Nigerians were literally cut off from the rest of the world during that period. A period in which getting a bus to the bank to withdraw money was difficult cos buses had no fuel. When you manage to get to the bank, you are told you arrived late cos they close early due to shortage of diesel. Was the power sector any different?

Take a look at the pictures of fuel scarcity events that took place in the last administration below and tell me that Nigerians didn't make a good choice in voting them out.

justifying failure with past failure..smh

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
Polar3:

be sincere and tell how long it took u to get pms @#86

I'm sure seunmsg took his mat and stove to the petrol station and spent 2 days there!

1 Like

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Alezy(m): 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
So because the last administration was bad and had this problem, We should not talk again if it happens in this?? and the OP had time to write this crap.

This is why we (nigerians) will always suffer in silence. The only thing u can do now u don't want to do just because u believe in change. suffering in silence and pains and u expect dem to keep quiet.

Little wonder PMB travels at every chance for no reason when nothing is Woking and no one can say a word.

Na suffer go kill una since u think u can keep quiet just cos the party u support is in power.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by 9jatatafo(m): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
PMB is not just the right person to lead this nation.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Uniboy: 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
Op...what then is the meaning of your "apc change" if we're to suffer like that even more again.

Apc....ndiara
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by gogodaye(m): 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

The cause of truth would have been better served if the time frame when this induced scarcity was mentioned.....
This happened during the last days of the Ex-PGEJs government after these inciting comments were made by folks who claimed subsidy payments were a scam.....thus sending marketersinto a frenzy insisting that they be paid all of their unverified claim before the new government begins to sale petrol for #40

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Polar3: 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
Standing5:
I hate when people embrace stupìdìty to spite what makes them insecure. The OP is right . . . Quit the wailing

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
APC is a total failure by using last administration to counter their failures, they should just resign and hand power over to an interim government, they don't have any good thing to offer Nigerians, fuel no dey=but in GEJ time fuel no dey too, Light no dey=last admin light no dey too,Water no dey= in last admin water no dey too, then where is the change that they promise Nigerians, Zombies nawao! for Unaooo!

1 Like

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nbote(m): 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nusaf:

U voted for change and u want that change overnight?

Let me ask u dis question, what exactly has d govt said is d cause of the scarcity so far Dis same govt claimed dey worked on the refineries and dey were up and functional. At some other point we heard dey were functional though not fully and den dey eventually came out with the truth dat it was still non functional. We all know d refineries haven't been working and no one really expect it to b back up any time soon but why seek to score cheap political points at d detriment of Nigerians. Jus d other day d govt claimed it was resuming subsidy payments but yet at no point did d marketers come out to say it was because of default in subsidy payments dats y d fuel scarcity still lingers. And jus today we hear some ppl from NNPC claim d govt had stopped subsidy payment and was going ahead with its removal.. Some of U obviously think such confusing statements /stance from the govt of d day is normal but it's not. Deep down within urselves u know things haven't turned up so well dats y some of U kip grasping at wateva straws u can from the previous administration.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Geniro: 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
omenka:
Same to your father(s). smiley

Mynd44, please effect the rules appropriately

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

CUPP: Reps Offered $10 Million Bribe For Passage Of Vaccination Bill / What Nigerian Soldiers Saw At Dikwa (some Graphic Photos) / Mikel Obi Visits Governor Yahaya Bello (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.