Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience (5056 Views)

My Two Months Blogging Experience - Entmirror.com / My Two Months Blogging Experience so far / 8 Websites Every Blogger Should Visit For A Better And Safe Blogging Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by ITbomb(m): 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
If you are building up your blogging career, look through these stages, if you can identify with any particular stage, what was your experience like or tell us which stage you are now.

Forget about the textbook approach, this is a typical step-by-step experience of an average Nigerian blogger. And for the newbie, it is what to expect as you venture into blogging

1. Getting the set up with your Google profile.

2. Start posting: Here the serious ones already have their original articles ready and start publishing immediately, for others, the copy and paste feature just got an elevated priority.

3. Exploring and changing templates: After the initial hype, it seems their blog is not as neat as he saw others so it’s time to get better template design.

4. More posting: Here, even the serious ones are considering the copy and paste option but since they were warned that copy and paste is not good for Adsense, they hold themselves.

5. Start spamming Facebook and nairaland: 20 good articles and 15 pageviews? Something is not right. Time to do what he has been seeing others do. They start the endless running battle with antispambot, Mynd44 and Lalasticlala and the Facebook group admins. [img]https://4.bp..com/-5HEtVb02h2s/VwfCT7u37eI/AAAAAAAABN0/e9nSZdRytUM1u6zSwN4KZ3LtHEMEqrUZA/s320/banned3_2.jpg[/img]

6. Learning about SEO: When they start to realize the challenges in dropping links in forums and on facebook; bans, already saturated blogosphere etc, they start to look for ways to be ahead, one of the first step is to register on search engines and Google about keywords, backlinks, meta tags, domain name registration etc. Click Here to see how to start a high ranking blog!

7. Aha! The sign-up button for Adsense is now showing: They click on it with full expectation of making money the following week.

8. Adsense application Disapproved: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . sad sad sad sad shocked shocked

9. Still in shock, they go back to Ogbonge, nairaland etc and ask why they have been disapproved and they get lots of opinions and options.

10. The Hanging Mode: They will be considering all options provided including getting some features on the blog or buying an Adsense account while watching their traffic “waste away”.

11. The Action Mode: Works restarts on the blog template in order to go for another adsense attempt. Meanwhile, they start saving money to buy an account.

12. Second Attempt: After some days, they apply again and DISAPPROVED AGAIN!!! Poor navigation, no content bla bla

13. They have had enough, now is time to contact the Adsense Seller.
(Let’s cut the part of you falling into the wrong hands).

14. They buy the Adsense and implement it on the blog expecting $20 the next day.

15. Check the dashboard and see $0.06 current earnings with CPC of 0.01 and CTR of 0.02. [img]https://1.bp..com/-eAgvZZlt5p8/VwfCUHVbqFI/AAAAAAAABN4/udxjvLdpaIQ4sdm42MrdyDicgEQh57-Xw/s320/low-adsense-earnings.png[/img]

16. They go back to Google and the gurus to learn about “How to Optimize Adsense earnings”. Click Here to learn how to place ads below the post title automatically and earn more!.

17. Decision Time: Now is where they say, “Two things are involved”, Blessed are those who understand this stage for they shall earn well.
For others, you start seeing the signpost, “Adsense for Sale with $15 inside”, that means another blog about to be buried.

If you had experienced any of this, tell us how you overcame it and lessons learnt.

Source: ityunit.com/blogging

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by ourkobo: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
for sale!!

Nothing is free even in Freetown not to mention Nairaland
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by ITbomb(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
^^ SMH angry
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by Craigston: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Just when they start earning a little more on Adsense, another round of privacy concerns fill the news and more users install ad-blockers. Perfect!
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by xenastar(f): 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
Lol...Funny writeup. But very very true
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by webincomeplus(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
LOL! So true!
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2016
Very true.... I never imaging I could make $100 per day with AdSense
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by veekid(m): 6:39am On Apr 10, 2016
seen
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by truthspeaks: 6:39am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by lonelydora: 6:43am On Apr 10, 2016
Okay
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by wizkidblogger(f): 7:17am On Apr 10, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by An0nimus: 7:29am On Apr 10, 2016
beautiful thread, almost no interesting comment.

1 Like

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by aragon4realz(m): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2016
my adsense was block and I was devastated till date and I lost the vibe to blog
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by yomalex(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2016
Started Blogging in 2008, got approved by adsense on August 2, 2008(yeah I remember the date). I was posting geopolitical articles (how many people read that world-news-review..com) I always think if I had blogged about entertainment as we have it now. I should be on par with Linda at least in terms of revenue.

Got a custom domain in my own name(mistake if you care about branding) moved to wordpress. Opened several blogs for different niches(scholarships,jobs,tech news) I didn't ensure that one website was standing on it's feet before I started others. My efforts were split into different websites.

I had reasonable income from google(Google Money is sweet abeg in the days of cheques). I diverted my efforts into Job niche(people are always looking for jobs na) I was slaying it till december expecting some Adsense cash and the bomb came.I was hitting it back to back on the the job board(I think some malicious fellow reported me to google I have two suspects) I wanted to do them baad but my church mind took over. I let it slide (google told me I was copying posts I said ehn, posts that I edit and who even claims Job vacancies as their own) With dwindling revenue, it has taught me to harmonise my efforts I have dropped extraneous websites. I put everything in one place and registered a company with the CAC, And made the Jobs a category under the main site.

So find time to visit me @ www.tipsdome.com
My Bulk SMS portal is @ www.domesms.com
If you need a WordPress Blog/Website or Bulk SMS portal for yourself or your company I can help you set up one.

Hope I didn't bore you?
Happy Sunday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by geniusgenes: 7:39am On Apr 10, 2016
Lol
nothing is easy my people...

Slash down your budget on toxic air fresheners, Read about these natural indoor plants that refresh the air around your home naturally. See link on signature.
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by Codedrock(m): 8:19am On Apr 10, 2016
Reality.... lolz...
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by JSayin(f): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2016
yomalex:
Started Blogging in 2008,

With dwindling revenue, it has taught me to harmonise my efforts I have dropped extraneous websites. I put everything in one place and registered a company with the CAC, And made the Jobs a category under the main site.

So find time to visit me @ www.tipsdome.com
My Bulk SMS portal is @ www.domesms.com
If you need a bulk SMS portal for yourself or you company I can help you set up one.

Hope I didn't bore you?
Happy Sunday.

Most insightful comment so far!

2 Likes

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by ikoscar(m): 8:28am On Apr 10, 2016
Lol I Don die

This guy na winch oh, got it correctly

I guess I fall in the low adsense earnings category but waiting for improvement

http://www.oscarleeblog.com
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by HomeOfMe(f): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2016
jboy73:
How you do am? Abeg give your Sister a hint.

2 Likes

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by pass111(m): 8:35am On Apr 10, 2016
This is so true
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by ibietela2(m): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2016
What's this?
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by DEGREE2466(m): 9:09am On Apr 10, 2016
just started blogging

with high internet price

No interest for making money

just for the fun of it

1 Like

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by mrhansome12(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2016
Don't start blogging for the sake of money in mind, you will be frustrated and will end up dumping the idea. Blog for passion and the love of sharing your ideas and informations and be patient enough cus it is not a quick way to make money rather your excellence in your work will lead to more money and fame.
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by Zdoh(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2016
This will not pass me by,I must become a successful blogger. Learning already.

1 Like

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by sucreblazing(m): 10:10am On Apr 10, 2016
nigerian like copy copy nw...bt most of them dnt knw what it takes to get to the top
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by cityAdventures: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2016
Nicennii
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by Presbulg(m): 10:38am On Apr 10, 2016
I would love to own a blog at some point.
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by Jacko1(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2016
Evry1 na blogger
Wish una luck sha
All hustlr is allowed

2 Likes

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by IVORY2009(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2016
jboy73:

lie shocked
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by chimajii: 11:45am On Apr 10, 2016
LMFAO, this cracked me UP to bits. Especially the 'since adsense doesn't encourage copy and paste, they hold themselves. grin
Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by chukwuraobi: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
To Get approved for Google Adsense,
To Increase your Adsense earnings quickly,
To rank higher on Google search results page,
To succeed in blogging in 2016,

I have just 2 advice to give :

1. Find a unique niche with a reasonable audience

2. Write longer posts e.g posts should be as long as 1500 words

If you don't succeed, quote me and I'll pay you whatever you lost.

STOP BEING A MEDIOCRE!!
STAND OUT WITH YOUR WORK!!

I'm a living testimony !!

1 Like

Re: A Typical Nigerian Blogging Experience by idolda: 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Great post

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 VPS Hacks / Jumia Will Not Stop Sending Me Their Annoying Newsletters-,please How Can I Stop / Everything you need to know about Blogging/website + Google adsense In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.