Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request (12717 Views)

Rivers Assembly Condemns JTF Burning Of Illegal Refineries / Appeal Court Sacks Andrew Miller, APC Rivers Assembly Member / Rivers Assembly Refuses To Swear In Nyeche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by neolboy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
The Rivers State House of Assembly Friday passed a resolution authorising the state Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, to obtain a N10 billion loan from the Excess Crude Account (ECA).

The approval came as a result of a letter to the assembly by the governor.

Wike had said in the letter dated April 5, 2016, that the loan would be used to fund some development projects in the state.

The letter read in part: “You are aware of the huge infrastructure development challenge and our efforts to address the situation. Since we came on board, we have not only remobilised all contractors handling major road sites, but have also awarded new contracts for the construction and reconstruction of new roads and other projects.”

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/08/rivers-assembly-approves-wikes-n10bn-loan-request/

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Fmartin(m): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Always loan. Wen will other ppl start getting loan frm ya state

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Mynd44: 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Making it 60 billion since Wike was sworn in as governor.

Interesting

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by mrvitalis(m): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
60 billion in less than a year.. . For one of the richest state in Nigeria??

If Nigeria was as rich as Rivers State... . There will be no need to borrow

Rivers voted with sentiments and now we are back to the days of odili

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fayose and Ben Bruce won't talk

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by kestolove95(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
River is d next big sh1t

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
WT?

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Goke7: 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
kenonze:

Don't mind the hypocrites, na PMB matter de give dem sleepless nights

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by ideology(m): 4:49am On Apr 09, 2016
Goke7:

Don't mind the hypocrites, na PMB matter de give dem sleepless nights
how much has Lagos loaned under Ambode, sorry how much did Ameachi left in office when he left an oil producing state. Compare it to what Peter Obi left behind in Anambra coffers.

Mr Hypocrisy undecided

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by ideology(m): 4:51am On Apr 09, 2016
mrvitalis:
60 billion in less than a year.. . For one of the richest state in Nigeria??

If Nigeria was as rich as Rivers State... . There will be no need to borrow

Rivers voted with sentiments and now we are back to the days of odili
see this one! Noiseless noise, go and tell Amaechi to refund the stolen loots. Lets see if Wike will still apply for loans.

15 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 09, 2016
Mynd44 the other thread was more detailed. and has more robust discussions than this...very well balanced.

meanwhile all you zombies Buhari is borrowing at 5bn naira per day to fund 2016 budget yet you are here bothering Angel Wike....Ogbeni Aregbesola who has virtually borrowed from even demons is left alone .... Lagos is rich and yet in deep debt...and able to fund two boreholes at $1million! a personal wbsite at 78 million Naira!

leave Wike alone...probably if Buhari refunds our monies Amaechi spent on APC presidential campaigns we would not need to borrow!

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has raised the alarm over President Mohammadu Buhari’s scheduled trip to China to borrow $2 billion as part of the N1.84 trillion programmed to be borrowed to finance the 2016 Budget, describing the move as an attempt to mortgage the future of Nigeria and its people.
The governor, who said the 2016 budget was not a reflection of the present economic reality in the country, added that; “By the time they borrow N1.84 trillion to fund their N6.06 billion budget; I wonder how Nigeria will survive in 2017 when the Federal Government will be servicing debt with about 50 percent of its budget.” It has been widely reported that Nigeria wants to raise about $5 billion abroad to cover part of its 2016 budget deficit.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Burger01(m): 6:42am On Apr 09, 2016
Mynd44:
Making it 60 billion since Wike was sworn in ad governor.

Interesting
I laugh in Swahili cheesy

That state is going to the dogs with wicked thieving Wike and his goonscheesy

18 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 09, 2016
midolian:
Mynd44 biko, wetin I do you? Why are you always closing my thread angry angry
You don dey vex me oo angry
seems

lets party and forget the wike issue joor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Burger01(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2016
kenonze:
Touts don't talk against touts....they mingle together and reason as one big toutundecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Burger01(m): 6:48am On Apr 09, 2016
ideology:
how much has Lagos loaned under Ambode, sorry how much did Ameachi left in office when he left an oil producing state. Compare it to what Peter Obi left behind in Anambra coffers.

Mr Hypocrisy undecided
We are talking of Wike in less than a year rule...smiley

11 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by babdap: 6:50am On Apr 09, 2016
Go and ask civil servants in Osun State about their governor taking loans. What did Wike did with the 50 billion he initially took? Thank me latter

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by ideology(m): 6:52am On Apr 09, 2016
Burger01:
We are talking of Wike in less than a year rule...smiley
is Ambode more than a year rule.

Tell amaechi to return his loots, $775Million, his target was $1Billion, just that he pushed the money to APC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 09, 2016
same way dullards don't talk against....

Burger01:
Touts don't talk against touts....they mingle together and reason as one big toutundecided

Fayose warned that with the proposed N1.84 trillion borrowing, $2 billion of which President Buhari is already going to borrow in China, the nation may soon be going the way of Greece because Nigeria will be borrowing N5 billion per day for the next 365 days. As for me, it is nothing but a voodoo economic theory and Nigerians must take note that the income that should accrue to them in five years’ time is about to be spent in one year by the Buhari’s APC government,” the governor said.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by mrvitalis(m): 6:59am On Apr 09, 2016
ideology:
see this one! Noiseless noise, go and tell Amaechi to refund the stolen loots. Lets see if Wike will still apply for loans.

When u are ready to talk fact let me know

If wike achieve 50% of what Amaechi did in Rivers State... . Then me I will vote for him come 2019

11 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by ideology(m): 7:03am On Apr 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

When u are ready to talk fact let me know

If wike achieve 50% of what Amaechi did in Rivers State... . Then me I will vote for him come 2019
hahaha, your vote is not needed, its on record that Amaechi stopped working after his first tenure, he started eying presidency hence stock piling money ahead of elections.

List Amaechi's achievements from 2011 - 2015 and I'll vote APC in my next life grin

Your past glories will not take you far, make sure you win always

14 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by mrvitalis(m): 7:07am On Apr 09, 2016
ideology:
hahaha, you vote is not needed, its on record that Amaechi stopped working after his first tenure, he started having eyes for presidency hence stock piling money ahead of elections.

List Amaechi's achievements from 2011 - 2015 and I'll vote APC in my next life grin

Your past glories will not take you far, make sure you win always
It's obvious u don't stay anywhere close to Rivers State.. .. So shhh move away boy

13 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Mynd44: 7:08am On Apr 09, 2016
ideology:

Mr Hypocrisy undecided
Lagos has 100 billion naira in its debt sinking fund reserve. That is a cushion. Does Rivers have this?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by asha80(m): 7:11am On Apr 09, 2016
Hopeathand this your man eh undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by wirinet(m): 7:12am On Apr 09, 2016
Borrow money from where? Excess crude account? The account that madam world bank is accusing Amaechi of not allowing her to save from? So how much is exactly in the ECA ? And does Wike have the power to withdraw from the ECA without the consent of the FG, the local governments and the governors of the other states?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 09, 2016
and how much is Lagos owing?

Mynd44:

Lagos has 100 billion naira in its debt sinking fund reserve. That is a cushion. Does Rivers have this?

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2016
I want to laugh and make fun of Rivers state..and call Wike a ''lazy governor''..but that would be wrong...

When prices of oil fall..in an economy dependent on oil......you have to take loans to keep up running costs. Wike is not being a bad governor....he is just facing reality in a Dutch diseased economy.

Of course....Wike could use the loan to make sure Rivers diversifies. Like spending more on deep sea fishing, investing more in technical education....so that Rivers indigenes can get more jobs in the oil industry....and even industries.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by AfroKnight: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2016
Burger01:

Lol. Ben Bruce has really become a new Fayose. It's a shame.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by ddippset(m): 7:48am On Apr 09, 2016
He has a lot of people to settle. Those people Odilli was telling him to go and see around 12 midnight.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by geniusgenes: 7:49am On Apr 09, 2016
sad

It is only normal they do.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Wike’s N10bn Loan Request by wristbangle: 7:52am On Apr 09, 2016
Hmmm, just 10 months and he has borrowed more than 50million Okay oo!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From South South APC Women / Youth Rally In Port Harcourt / Press Release May 7, 2019 EFCC Should Stop This Witch-hunt Against Saraki / Jimi Agbaje: Lagos Has A Lot Of Work To Do To Maintain Mega City Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.