Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year (35636 Views)

Senator Fatai Buhari Prostrates For Governor Ajimobi (Photos) / Howard University USA Honours Okonjo-Iweala With Vanguard Award (Photos) / Breaking News: ex President Jonathan Wins Vanguard Personality Of The Year Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Trending01: 5:08am On Apr 09, 2016
“For me, the reward for hard work is more work.”
With these words, Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, literally summed up his reaction to the Vanguard Personality of the Year Awards 2015, which he won in the Governor of the Year category on Friday, April 8, 2016.

While thanking the management and Editorial Board of Vanguard Nigeria Limited, publishers of Vanguard Newspapers, for the honour, Governor Amosun said the award was a challenge to do more.

“For me, this award is a challenge to do more. In Ogun State we have our job well cut out for us. There is a standard of excellence for which we are known and our task is to ensure that we do not drop the ball,” Governor Amosun said at the award presentation event held at the Eko Hotels, Lagos.

The Ogun State Governor also said the award was more for the good people of Ogun State.

“This award is for the good people of Ogun State who we have a privilege to be serving,” Governor Amosun said.

Equally honoured at the event were the Governors of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Gombe State, Ibrahim Dankwambo and Borno State, Kashim Shettima.

The event also witnessed the presentation of awards to President Muhammadu Buhari, who was represented by Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture, former President Goodluck Jonathan, who was equally represented, former Vice President, Alex Ekwueme and former Governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who was represented by Dele Alake.

Equally recognized at the event were Mr. Jim Ovia, founder, Zenith Bank Plc, Chief Mrs. Onikepo Akande, Senator David Dafinone and Otunba Subomi Balogun, founder, FCMB who was represented by Ladi Balogun, his son.

http://theicon.ng/2016/04/09/vanguard-award-a-challenge-to-do-more-amosun/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Berrylite: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2016
Ogun state is capitalising on the Proximity to Lagos state to give soft landing to investors. Keep it up and met it transcend into job employment and better standard of living.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by emmanuelcrawler(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2016
Who is he? Can the award stop the long queue in the petrol station, or can it make bubu to stop flying###

If d answer is no cool next news plz

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by muller101(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2016
.really
Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Burger01(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2016
This is one governor that knows his onions and priorities... unlike one noisemaking kpomo cutting governor by stomach infrastructure people of one katikati state undecided

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2016
Haay Peee Ceee

Fueeeeeel!!!!!

Sorry... Change

5 Likes

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by ice25(f): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2016
Amosun pay me my money

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by clevadani: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2016
Did he deserve it? Because i haven't heard much abt him tbh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by lyterydim(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2016
All I see is a conspiracy award and regional bigotry..even the blind knows the award is for Willie obiano encubent governor of anambra state....we all know that awards in nigeria has been a joke and an eyesore...imagine t.a orji won the best eastern governor during his administration.[color=#990000][/color]

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by CaptaiinG(m): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2016
Amosun really tried oh

18 Likes

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by SamAfoo: 8:49am On Apr 09, 2016
My Governor.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by doublewisdom: 8:49am On Apr 09, 2016
Has he paid salaries for last month?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by jimi4us: 8:50am On Apr 09, 2016
I know my rochas okoroawusa will never win award in his life. Na to use N1b build hand of god statue him sabi. That hand go soon slap am.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Vicotex(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2016
Where is Obiano?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by truthalways(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2016
Well done Amosun, you are doing well. Unlike that animal in human skin called Gbenga Daniels angry

doublewisdom:
Has he paid salaries for last month?

Why don't you do your research and stop asking unintelligent questions on NL undecided

Vicotex:
Where is Obiano?

In Anambra State, Government house to be precise. Any message for him grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by melodyirish(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2016
That's not true, how much do dey pay vanguard to do dat, for me Anambra state governor deserve it because he has been most active

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by thunder74(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2016
Yet owing salary and workers on strike...awards in Naija is for highest bidder. The same way we overrated Fashola when he was breaking people houses to award kick back laden Road contracts to his cronies.
Ever wondered why most governors prefer to repair or construct roads or award contracts to paying salaries or developing good policies?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Segadem(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2016
lonelydora:
No...we can't take it. This is tribalism in the highest order. Why South West?

Where is our Igbo son, Obiano? Is it because we are calling for Biafra?
...and the vanguard news paper is from the south west also grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by emmanuelcrawler(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
Berrylite:
Seen!!
what network are using cos u jst spoilt my day. Mtcheeew lipsrsealed
Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by lonelydora: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016

grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by PassingShot(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
I was expecting to see Fayose win it. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Segadem(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
melodyirish:
That's not true, how much do dey pay vanguard to do dat, for me Anambra state governor deserve it because he has been most active
...and Amosun is been dormant?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by omolola15(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by omolola15(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
My governor

Una well done oooooooooooo. Haters I greet una oooo. Have you ever been to ogun state? If the answer is no then you don't have the right to he doesn't deserve it. I've never been to Anambra so I don't know if obiano deserves it or not. But I'm sure if he wins it i won't be here hating like you guys are doing. You all don't know the criteria used to select the winner. You only know of anambra probably because it's your state or because you've been there. Go to other states before you start judging and thinking obiano is the best.

melodyirish:

lyterydim:
All I see is a conspiracy award and regional bigotry..even the blind knows the award is for Willie obiano encubent governor of anambra state....we all know that awards in nigeria has been a joke and an eyesore...imagine t.a orji won the best eastern governor during his administration.[color=#990000][/color]

lonelydora:

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
Congratulations sir & congratulations to the good people of Ogun State.

16 Likes

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by pythonkid(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2016
this man is the real man he's worth it

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by melodyirish(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2016
Larryfly:

Seun we ve to know what to do with these kind of people. A ban should be appropriate. Are they deaf n dumb
my dear d tin tire me oooo, better hand dem 1 year ban, bt if I do it ignore me because I maybe busy, bt jst to buy land
Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Goddygee(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2016
2015 or 2016?
Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2016
how?
Re: Amosun Wins Vanguard Award For Governor Of The Year by emmymdk: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2016
Is He not owing salary?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full List Of Fresh Ambassadorial Nominees Submitted By President Buhari Today / Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths / Moshood Oshun: All Politicians Use Charms, Tie It On Their Waists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.