Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari (51082 Views)

Abiola Wrote The Names Of Ministers For Abacha - Olutayo Soyode / Swearing-In Of Ministers: Garba Shehu's Tweet Shows Confusion In The Presidency / Samuel Ortom Celebrates Birthday In China With Wife & Others. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
onatisi:

So because usa is owing china ,Nigeria too must borrow and owe china too
Do we have the same trade balance with china as usa does?
Just wait for the details of this loan ,then you will realize the true picture of the future unborn Nigerian child

It is alarming when ignorance is couched in language like "trade balance" and "details of this loan" To the unwary it would appear that you are writing from a position of superior information. So do let me set you right.

1. The $2bn Chinese loan is a low digit concessional loan for infrastructure development by Chinese construction and engineering firms. It is basically a guaranty that the contractors will be paid
2. Such payment are tied to clear milestones so there is nothing like abandoned project
Each of these projects will employ thousands of Nigerians, stimulate economic activity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by alfsalami: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
Change , gone are the days of entourage made up of 200 members using first class flight, haba Jona
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by EyeofanEagle(m): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
onatisi:

Just wait for the details of this loan ,then you will realize the true picture of the future unborn Nigerian child
His answer to the guy is perfect no be only Nigeria dey own money.Apart from loan there are so many things to gain from China.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by mildflame: 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
greenpasture:

It is alarming when ignorance is couched in language like "trade balance" and "details of this loan" To the unwary it would appear that you are writing from a position of superior information. So do let me set you right.

1. The $2bn Chinese loan is a low digit concessional loan for infrastructure development by Chinese construction and engineering firms. It is basically a guaranty that the contractors will be paid
2. Such payment are tied to clear milestones so there is nothing like abandoned project
Each of these projects will employ thousands of Nigerians, stimulate economic activity

Bro why bother to enlighten DEAD WOOD?
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by EyeofanEagle(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
greenpasture:

U dey mind the guy!most of this wailers are just toddlers in fact i don't fancy all them be it Zombie or Wailers come to think of it i used to call GEJ supporters Zombie those days.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by engrchykae(m): 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
Achuwa1:
Chai!!!!
pmb going to take loan & mortgage the future generation when he claim he is recovering loot in Dasukigate.
Does it mean he cant collect money out of the recovered loot from dasuki to do watever he wants to do in place of the loan he is going to collect from china or was it tht dasuki case wasnt about loot recovery but revenge & to divert the attention of Nigerians from his incompetence.
we are really in bondage & captivity under pmb,,,,may God help us
i thought dasuki stole $2.3 billion which pmb has recovered or is about to recover.
If he had recovered such monies from dasuki and co then there is no need borrowing from china knowing that the conditions of the Chinese would be predatory.
Another option is that he is lying against dasuki and is simply taking revenge on dasuki for detaining him during his toppling
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by gimbayaro(m): 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
yarimo:
So that is y buhari did not attend FEC emergency meeting? busy putting his luggage together to fly out again

his luggage is permanently in the aircraft.na fulani man,anywere dem go them de carry evritin along. foolish president.

1 Like

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Drjemiyo: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
#iflywithbuhari#

2 Likes

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by 989900: 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
If I were the president (hypothetically . . .), I'd borrow $200b (if there is such opportunity) for capital projects even -- if implementation is guaranteed, if that will make Nigeria close to as good as 'common' Malaysia (infrastructure-wise).

What is the use of maintaining a lower than optimal debt-profile when your country languishes in darkness, with no adequate medical facilities, no roads, no rail, no fuel and the list is endless.

If all of $200b is 'honestly' invested into the Nigerian economy, the positive ripple effect would be unquantifiable!
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
onatisi:

I would like to set you right. You are right to be concerned about debt. However, Nigeria has one of the lowest debt to GDP ratios in Africa. Debt is not bad. It's the misuse of debt that is the problem. Lets take this step by step.

How will the Chinese loan work?
2. Such payment are tied to clear project milestones so there is nothing like abandoned project or failed project
3. Each of these projects will employ thousands of Nigerians, stimulate economic activity and revitalise the larger economy
4. The Government is securing the payment at the local end to a high-interest Project Bond to be issued to Nigerian investors at attractive interest rates, secured on the cash flow from these projects

What is the alternative to concessionary foreign and domestic borrowing?
The alternative is IMF suite of conditionalities which will include austerity measures; devaluation of the local currency, tightening of money supply and the opening of Nigerian markets to all types of imports. Basically the third slave trade. The first was pre-independence and the second was IBB's IMF-inspired SAP. The result will be closure of factories, high unemployment, possible outbreak of violent protest and the loss of the futures of yet another young generation. These IMF policies have worked nowhere.

What is Nigeria trying to do?
Nigeria is attempting to spend its way out of recession instead of tightening its belt and starving its way out of recession. Nigeria is taking a bet that the massive infusions of cash through construction and youth programs will have people who are youths like you taking up the challenge; using your ingenuity and hard work to create new opportunities. This is what Obama did when he took over from George Bush. America was in a recession/ Its what India and China do regularly.

What does Nigeria need you to measure?
Once the program kicks into gear you are not to measure things like stock market, dollar rate or if your preferred jam or shoes are available in the stores. These are are mainly elitist measurements of success. What you should be measuring ( and what the government will be measuring) is the degree of social change on the masses. Please check out this link for a scientific way to measure and compare NIgeria's performance on the major social indices with other countries. Keep watching these indices over the next three years plus. http://www.socialprogressimperative.org/en/data/spi/countries/NGA

My private thoughts
The Government could have won easy popularity by using your ( it is yours) FX reserves to flood the domestic market with food and petrol. This would have made it very popular in the short term. It had about $16bn it could have thrown at this. It could possibly have continued doing this through the misallocation of seized stolen funds. This would have probably worked for about six months and then we would be in the IMF prison camp. Using this methodology there will be a great deal of pain in the short term as Nigeria moves away from being a consumption economy to a productive economy. From a "big man" economy to a "big society" (inclusive) economy.
Is it certain that this plan will succeed? There are always risks to every plan but I believe that it is madness to continue doing the same thing and expect a different result. From the 50's the Nigerian economy has been predicated on the "big man trickle down to me economy" Very similar to the Republican party in the U.S. Now for the first time the emphasis is on lifting all boats - especially those at the bottom. A new belief that wealth is useless if it does not improve the lives of the most vulnerable persons. It is new. It is risky. It will be painful. We can spend all our time railing at the President but it doesn't change the price of garri. What you and I should be doing is looking for ways to understand where the economy is most likely to pick up and how to position ourselves for this. Leave politicking to politicians.

With respects.

1 Like

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by engrchykae(m): 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2016
amaechi1:
One thing I have come to terms with on PMB frequent trips is his "no response or un movable" body posture. It take a strong willed man to have that attitude. He is more convinced that in his set motion and nothing any man can do about it. Some may call it arrogance or I don't attitude. To me, I call courage.

Time may not be good for us now, but I have always ask myself, why do we have to import fuel in the first place? Why have we not built refineries before now or better still maintain the one we have before? Why have we not develop our infrastructure when there was oil boom? Why are our leader so wicked and derive pleasure in looting the our common wealth?

Now the bubble has burst, nigeria energy and water. But we have not ask ourself how do we here.
Nigerians can wait till thy kingdom come to have a working refinery.
The truth of the matter is that the flag independence leaders took slave trade to a hybrid form by agreeing with her evil majesty,mama charly to allow shell bp to do the work of refining ur crude so that u will have to export the dirty crude oil and import the sweet pms.remember the cheap cocoa and the expensive chocolate.
Tafawa Balewa and Zik had an idea of what am telling u.
Ur political class can use building refineries to campaign during elections but can never try to implement it.
Likewise,power because many multinationals such as aggreko, mikano have interests in ur country.
So my dear stop waiting on them to improve rather take opportunity of the decay and make money because great biz rise in times of hardship.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by onatisi(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
greenpasture:

I would like to set you right. You are right to be concerned about debt. However, Nigeria has one of the lowest debt to GDP ratios in Africa. Debt is not bad. It's the misuse of debt that is the problem. Lets take this step by step.

2. Such payment are tied to clear project milestones so there is nothing like abandoned project or failed project
3. Each of these projects will employ thousands of Nigerians, stimulate economic activity and revitalise the larger economy
4. The Government is securing the payment at the local end to a high-interest Project Bond to be issued to Nigerian investors at attractive interest rates, secured on the cash flow from these projects

The alternative is IMF suite of conditionalities which will include austerity measures; devaluation of the local currency, tightening of money supply and the opening of Nigerian markets to all types of imports. Basically the third slave trade. The first was pre-independence and the second was IBB's IMF-inspired SAP. The result will be closure of factories, high unemployment, possible outbreak of violent protest and the loss of the futures of yet another young generation. These IMF policies have worked nowhere.

Nigeria is attempting to spend its way out of recession instead of tightening its belt and starving its way out of recession. Nigeria is taking a bet that the massive infusions of cash through construction and youth programs will have people who are youths like you taking up the challenge; using your ingenuity and hard work to create new opportunities. This is what Obama did when he took over from George Bush. America was in a recession/ Its what India and China do regularly.

Once the program kicks into gear you are not to measure things like stock market, dollar rate or if your preferred jam or shoes are available in the stores. These are are mainly elitist measurements of success. What you should be measuring ( and what the government will be measuring) is the degree of social change on the masses. Please check out this link for a scientific way to measure and compare NIgeria's performance on the major social indices with other countries. Keep watching these indices over the next three years plus. http://www.socialprogressimperative.org/en/data/spi/countries/NGA

My private thoughts
The Government could have won easy popularity by using your ( it is yours) FX reserves to flood the domestic market with food and petrol. This would have made it very popular in the short term. It had about $16bn it could have thrown at this. It could possibly have continued doing this through the misallocation of seized stolen funds. This would have probably worked for about six months and then we would be in the IMF prison camp. Using this methodology there will be a great deal of pain in the short term as Nigeria moves away from being a consumption economy to a productive economy. From a "big man" economy to a "big society" (inclusive) economy.
Is it certain that this plan will succeed? There are always risks to every plan but I believe that it is madness to continue doing the same thing and expect a different result. From the 50's the Nigerian economy has been predicated on the "big man trickle down to me economy" Very similar to the Republican party in the U.S. Now for the first time the emphasis is on lifting all boats - especially those at the bottom. A new belief that wealth is useless if it does not improve the lives of the most vulnerable persons. It is new. It is risky. It will be painful. We can spend all our time railing at the President but it doesn't change the price of garri. What you and I should be doing is looking for ways to understand where the economy is most likely to pick up and how to position ourselves for this. Leave politicking to politicians.

With respects.
Lets pray all you have said just here is true
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
i share same thought with you my brother
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by abeniagbon(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
onatisi:
Nigeria is the only country in the world ,where her leaders seek external help and solutions for the internal problems confronting the nations ,whereas all the help and solutions needed to solve their problems is right inside the country,no wonder Powell said " Nigeria is the only country in the world that exports all that needs and import all that she has"
May God give Nigeria a sensible leader soon
Where does Powell said it?
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by victorazy(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
amaechi1:
One thing I have come to terms with on PMB frequent trips is his "no response or un movable" body posture. It take a strong willed man to have that attitude. He is more convinced that in his set motion and nothing any man can do about it. Some may call it arrogance or I don't attitude. To me, I call courage.

Time may not be good for us now, but I have always ask myself, why do we have to import fuel in the first place? Why have we not built refineries before now or better still maintain the one we have before? Why have we not develop our infrastructure when there was oil boom? Why are our leader so wicked and derive pleasure in looting the our common wealth?

Now the bubble has burst, nigeria energy and water. But we have not ask ourself how do we here.

Simple! Black man is closed to animal
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by preselect(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
[size=15pt]Buhari the traveler grin grin grin grin grin grin

i'm praying to be in his next list for the next travel to . . . . Puerto Rico . . . next week cheesy [/size]
#HarshEconomyCanWait

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by smartigo: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
I know about this trip becos ...... Is about ATM. Time will vindicate me. But must we seek foreign help to all our issues?

1 Like

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by herkzprince(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
6fit:

who b minister of darkness oh?

Na Fashola now ..Him wey talk as we no get light so no be the Government's fault
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Emirofsambisa1: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
amaechi1:

First ask yourself why your English is this terrible

1 Like

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by SamiraF: 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
Buhari and his ministers careering up and down around the world chopping estacode to line their pockets like the irresponsible wastrels that they are. How much is this trip costing Nigeria. Change Change.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by chinchum(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
Osezua:
what about the minister or finance? you are going to sign a loan and your minister of finance is not going with you. I don't understand this govt.
who told you he is going there to sign loan? Fayoshe?; you had better be careful of the garbage idiiiots like fayoshe say.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by erico2k2(m): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
greenpasture:

My private thoughts

With respects.
no funds seized, its all hear say, at least you know now,its either there was no funds recovered or non lost in the first place.If indeed they where recovered it means someone else stole it in this govt cos frm what Im seeing, there is no fund.

1 Like

Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by ajatim(m): 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
ramdris:
Wish dem all a safe trip to and fro
Amen
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
erico2k2:

no funds seized, its all hear say, at least you know now,its either there was no funds recovered or non lost in the first place.If indeed they where recovered it means someone else stole it in this govt cos frm what Im seeing, there is no fund.

You are entitled to your opinion. As it doesn't detract from the basic premise of my piece I am inclined to say "thank you and you have a great evening now"
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by macaranta(m): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
Question now is...where's next
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by pre88: 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
God bless PMB and his team. Journey mercy to all of u. God bless Nigeria. We are solidly behind you.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Algarkiyu: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
Buhari 4ever!
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Tinyemeka(m): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Shey mere commissioner is not in the entourage?

Wish the plane will go on an excursion like flight MH370. undecided
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Okanokan(m): 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
Mr Buhari endless journey portend one thing Mr President lacks the one of the most important basic ingredient in international diplomacy "know your friend" jumping from US to China and then China to US will not help us, the next move will be Canada. Mr President SOKUGO-LIKE mentality will not help us.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by precious1967(m): 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
on excursion
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
greenpasture:

You are entitled to your opinion. As it doesn't detract from the basic premise of my piece I am inclined to say "thank you and you have a great evening now"
I know its my opinion however, we keep hearing that monies where seized, is there any credible source that shows what money was recovered, cos from last i checked,the FG said NADA.
Re: List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
erico2k2:

I know its my opinion however, we keep hearing that monies where seized, is there any credible source that shows what money was recovered, cos from last i checked,the FG said NADA.

It's not over until the fat lady sings. A list will be released in due course. When I can't say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Punished By 'madam' For Coming Late To Dinner / Former Super Eagles Players Visit Bola Tinubu (photos) / Voters Rejoice As Army Shoots Thug Dead In Benue (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.