Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (32645 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by KINGJAJA888(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2022
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:12am On May 08, 2022
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..

Modified: insults on me..wow.. shocked

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Righteousness2(m): 11:15am On May 08, 2022
My Brother, being smart, rich, Handsome and all that is good but they are not what is Important.

All the riches , wealthiness and Smartness that we are or have are vanity and very useless to our Eternity.

Nothing that we own here will be taken with us to Eternity !

The Greatest and Highest Need of all Humans is Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

My Brother This is what Really Matters. Every other thing is vanity and will fade away.

You may argue with this and call it a bluff but the day you Close your eyes in Death, or the Trumpet sounds, you will understand.

So I advise and admonish you to Follow your Dad and Submit totally to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ so as not to cry Had I known.

KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

304 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by MadamVanessa(f): 11:16am On May 08, 2022
[s]
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..
[/s]

shocked

Says a myopic individual that have no knowledge of who God is. Low budget atheist. Keep your stupidity to yourself alone.

314 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:22am On May 08, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s][/s]

shocked

Says a myopic individual that have no knowledge of who God is. Low budget atheist. Keep your stupidity to yourself alone.
Little boy slide off.. grin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Amotolongbo(f): 11:25am On May 08, 2022
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 11:27am On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the in-existence of God.
Because the majority are quite ignorant of God's existence. I'm a living witness so I know God truly exists and far beyond doubts

245 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:29am On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the in-existence of God.
The mere fact that the non-existence of a god cannot be proven is no sufficient reason to believe in him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Amotolongbo(f): 11:30am On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Because the majority are quite ignorant of God's existence. I'm a living witness so I know God truly exists and far beyond doubts
How?

Prove it!

19 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 11:30am On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Your writeup looks fake, I'm sorry. It doesn't in anyway add up. Saying the bible was written in 18BC casts further doubts of the genuineness of your post and family background as claimed.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 11:36am On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
How?

Prove it!
If I begin to prove it, this thread will enter a 4th page with my posts alone. Know this, you cannot believe or follow someone whose existence you don't have any proof of. That would be tantamount to foolishness and I hope you know that.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Amotolongbo(f): 11:48am On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
If I begin to prove it, this thread will enter a 4th page with my posts alone. Know this, you cannot believe or follow someone whose existence you don't have any proof of. That would be tantamount to foolishness and I hope you know that.
Well, anything you wanna post, remember it is subjected to your opinion and not universal.

24 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by inspectorg(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2022
My brother forget about being churchy and overly religious. God truly exist and his in u and me, with in our subconsciousness. Thanks
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by inspectorg(m): 11:53am On May 08, 2022
My brother forget about being churchy and overly religious. God truly exist and his in u and me, with in our subconsciousness. Thanks

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ibomrep(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2022
That the Bible was written for many years ago doesn't make it irrelevant

The Bible links the past, the present and the future

Alot of things happening now was already written that it would be so

Bible listed the rulership of all the world power from Egypt down to this current Anglo-America Power

All that the Bible says about them came true

Bible foretold that this current British and American world power will be the last human world power after wish God's kingdom will take over . Daniel 2:44

And it will come to pass

Bible foretold what will happen in the future and it will all happened

Bible advise on happy family is beneficial for all if applied

Bible offers advise and guidance in every aspect of life

Bible advise on how you can manage your money, live with your neighbor, and even how to treat your workers

So such a good book will forever remain relevant

There are life stories of people who had the same experience like you, what makes them change their minds, you may read and as well watch videos about them as they narrates on www.jw.org

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 1:14pm On May 08, 2022
Only a fool says in his heart 'there is no God'.

I pray you don't fall into God's wrath.. Gen Gen - you go hear wehnn grin E be like say you wan lose ur sweat under 1month.. You never experience the power of God, to do and undo. grin

You too small sha, if God can humble kings that are ruling empires like Nebuchadnezzar, who be small rat like you embarassed

I remembered when you told us you made ur first million, you're still poor oga, go hide ur small change before you invoke the anger of Almighty God upon you. angry

Everything you are today is a gift from God.. You lie down like mumu every night and in the morning, God still wakes you up, for your mind, na your smartness dey do am.

Ode, if God should utter a word, all these ur crayfish money will be gone within a twinkling of an eye.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Righthussle: 1:24pm On May 08, 2022
Your father betrayed his forefathers by abandoning their religion for the religion of their slave masters. Now you have left your father's religion and beliefs for your own beliefs. Na one one. Tell your father that the way he feels about you abandoning his religion, is exactly how his forefathers feel about his decision to drop their religion for the religion of their tormentors and enslavers.

Well for me, I am not a Christian neither am I a Muslim. I am a None. I don't practice any religion. You can't scare me into practising a barbaric religion that promotes human sacrifice with the threat of hell. And I am not interested in having an endless life after death, the one you call eternal life, you use to lure greedy people into practicing your religion. My friend said I should practice his religion because in their heaven there are many mansions. I told him to live in my own mansion when he gets there. .

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by triple996(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2022
Am enjoying this thread grin grin grin
See as that bobrisky called madam Vanessa and that low budget atheist called fanandezisback, are insulting each other over this small talk grin.

BTW the Bible is full of senseless stories that lacks reasoning. Sorry to those that feel offended it's jus my personal opinion wink

11 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by triple996(m): 1:54pm On May 08, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s][/s]

shocked

Bt why are u insulting my friend na?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by HellVictorinho4(m): 2:07pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:

Evidence of the inexistence of God is the impossibility of the evidence of the existence of God

The impossibility of the evidence of the existence of God is the impossibility of any WAY in which God can exist.

The proof means there's no WAY in which God can exist.

There's no WAY when there's no chance of such.

There's no chance when reality is defined against it.

Reality is defined against it since reality means any specific possession of this or that characteristic or the characteristic itself or both is/are limited.

God is not defined as having something to do with reality when reality is correctly defined as the expression of being limited by the possession of this or that characteristic.

If this or that is real or exists....,then it possesses this or that characteristic or remains this or that characteristic towards being limited in this or that manner or to this or that.

The possessor is limited to this or that characteristic while the characteristic is limited to this or that possessor.

'God' cannot be reality itself since the group of letters 'God' isn't a synonym towards 'reality' in the English Language.

'God' is used to suggest a specific possessor of limitlessness but it's impossible for limitlessness to be possessed by a specific possessor.

Limitlessness has neither a beginning nor an end so it can never be possessed by a specific possessor.

Limitlessness is displayed by reality itself which is not a specific possessor.

Reality or existence or the truth itself is the expression of being the specific possessor of this or that characteristic as well as being possessed as the characteristic of some other specific possessor.

So ,reality itself is not a specific possessor .

It actually means a random distribution of expressions that are both possesors and characteristics at once.

It has no size.

So,it doesn't possess or limit limitlessness ....It displays it limitlessly.

I might be a specific possessor of XYZ characteristic.

I might also be specifically possessed as 12CD characteristic.

If I exist...,then I possess this or that while this or that possessess me .

I am surely a specific possessor of this or that characteristic while this or that surely possesses me as its characteristic.
Same for any other ............

LordReed, FERNANDEZISBACK, FatherOfJesus,etc.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nebes: 2:36pm On May 08, 2022
Just keep growing.
I'm not saying you'll believe in God oh. But a time is coming when spirituality will collide with you. At that time, you'll make your choice.
I pray you choose Jesus Christ when that time comes.

22 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2022
So many loonies on this forum now oh, it is well.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 3:25pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 3:26pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
no one can prove the negative, no one is required to prove the nonexistence of God. You can only prove a positive claim or disprove an existing proven phenomenon.

It's called "disprove" because it must have been once proven, you can't disprove something that hasn't been proving initially because there's nothing to disprove.

So the burden of proof is lies on those making the God claim to prove it then we can disprove their proof.

Asking people disprove God is tantamount to asking people to disprove the invisible pink unicorn, can you prove that the invisible flying unicorn doesn't exist? No, that's because you are not the person making that claim so the burden of proof doesn't lie on you to provide proof.

However, the existence of the Abrahamic god can be disproven because they have set a clear parameter to test in terms of omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent nature of their god. We can test this to be false many times and we have tested all the claims in the Bible to be pure falsehood.

I presume what you are referring to the is deistic god, this is the umbrella many Christians and Muslim run to when you have pointed to many of the inaccuracies in their holy books.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 3:37pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
how do you mean ignorant of God's existence?
Which God in particular are you talking about?

We have more than 4000ish gods, all thee believers seem to claim that they have some sort of unverifiable experiences with them.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 3:40pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
give us one proof, just one.
You do not need 40pages of prove. You only need 1

8 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Maynman: 4:37pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:

We can use this logic and substitute “god” for flying spaghetti. How does it sound?

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 5:36pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
give us one proof, just one.
You do not need 40pages of prove. You only need 1
My mum was terribly afflicted in the early 80s with a strange ailment. My dad spent and spent, no solution. She was admitted in hospital for weeks, alas! One elder now late, suggested we move into a mission house where prayers were being offered morning and night and in the process, she got healed. Her head would be making noise like when you're near a generator even in a very cool silent environment. She'd even asked if we heard such sound and we'd say no. She got healed completely and that's how we became born again. She's almost 90 years old now.

One day, after a send forth service conducted for a pastor who just got promoted with transfer elsewhere, he was praying for people as they knelt before him. He had the gift of prophesy. When it got to my turn he said to me that I had great journeys ahead of me. That I'd travel a lot and then I was in JS3. Today, I had touched the length and breath of the earth, to the glory of God.

In my undergraduate days, as I was sleeping in my hostel one night, God showed to me some things...He had always done this severally before then. He revealed that I was caught in an exam malpractice. I don't joke with whatever He reveals, regardless of the nearly impossible circumstances around me. God respects His words even more than His name...the bible says so. I was vibrating within me. I used to be one of the best students in my set. How would I now be caught up in such a mess? I didn't take it lightly. I prayed violently and rebuked it.

Lo and behold, on that fateful day, it was our last paper. I had even forgotten. The revelation came to pass. God is my witness to this. It was the exact location as seen in that revelation, on the same desk, I was seated by same window, in same exam hall and same lecturer stood beside the window. Then I quickly remembered. It was as if I once watched a movie which was being replayed. There was a course mate by the name Demola. He had problem solving one of the questions. I told him I hadn't gotten to that number. This guy was disturbing. He said please let me send you the ones I had done maybe in exchange for those questions I had solved. Suddenly, this guy sent me the expo. I was restless. All of a sudden, invigilators entered the exam hall, about 5 in number. I quickly hid the expo inside my booklet and suddenly, a lecturer appeared by the window near me, observing things, same man as seen in that deam wearing same clothe. I said, mogbe ooo. The invigilators started checking booklets from page to page. I was 5th on that row and the first row for that matter. It was as if all eyes were on me. By the time they got to the 2nd student, I pretended as if I was reviewing my work, suddenly I squeezed the expo and violently threw it behind underneath the desk.

They quickly rushed to me and asked what happened. I told them my pen dropped and I was trying to look for it. They asked me to step out of the desk, searched everywhere, up to the 2nd student behind me, they searched my booklet page by page. They found nothing they now asked me to sit down. I'd have been rusticated that day. But because God had revealed it earlier and I had prayed against it, it was someone else who was caught.

My brother travelled to America for the first time in 2003. On getting to POE in America, after he had been admitted, a CBP accusted him and asked for his passport. He said the picture wasn't matching his identity because his real look didn't match the pic on the visa sticker and the one on his profile page. He laughed hysterically because he obtained his visa by himself , got interviewed in Lagos and nobody assisted in filling-in his DS160 form. The man said he wasn't kidding. He was interrogated at the secondary inspection side . He was asked to place his fingers on the screen which revealed all his biodata as recorded in the American consulate in lagos and his visa details still they didn't velieve him...hard to believe right? Village people are real. Na that day I know.

In short he was locked up in the cold cell and deported 2 days later. On getting home he called my sister who took him to the pastor of their church. The man said as soon as he obtained the visa, he was showing it to everyone instead of hiding it and be praying for success of his trip. He said there was one woman who saw it with her evil eyes and cancelled it spiritually. He said he was going with an empty passport unknowingly. He said the woman was saying so, you want to go and make it abi? He said the man would pray hard but he wouid have his visa restored as God had said. But he will pray very hard cos of his image that had been dented. He also told him that when the time was ripe he'd see signs. Truly it happened. When he reappeared for another interview a few years later at us embassy in lagos, the visa officer said he had seen all that happened on the system but he wouldn't give him visa but would apply for a waiver of ineligibility which he's seeing on his profile and the application could either be granted or rejected by one and only attorney General of the United States, that he should be checking his mail frequently. One day they mailed him that his waiver had been granted and he should send his passport to us embassy for his visa via a designated DHL office. No interview conducted, no additional fees charged. That's how God restored him. He's one of the popular figures in Nigeria today...a successful businessman.

At times, God would just reveal to me some things about my neighbour which would eventually happen. In fact, I can't remember one-tenth of my encounter with God. This is just a few. Cheers.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 5:38pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
how do you mean ignorant of God's existence?
Which God in particular are you talking about?

We have more than 4000ish gods, all thee believers seem to claim that they have some sort of unverifiable experiences with them.
Your writeup is fake, I reiterate. Ask God, the creator of heaven and earth to reveal Himself to you who He is, you'd reason differently thereafter

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 5:40pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Well, anything you wanna post, remember it is subjected to your opinion and not universal.

https://www.nairaland.com/7116087/father-pastor-dont-believe-god#112641325

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by petra1(m): 6:37pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.

That excuse is not honest truth. But you believe in old books on science and philosophy…. You can’t blame the oldnwss of the Bible on the failure of your father to raise you early in the light of truth. Secondly Satan do come come after pastors children.

I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry. .

He started on you too late . Satan got you first . The error of many ministers is neglect of their children . They believe God will take care of their children just because they serve him. Before they realize the dedicated son is in a party while the father is at all night with members

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Is Pornography Ideal In Christian Marriages?? / Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness / Oyedepo: "Nigerian Youths Have The Right!", Endorses EndSARS Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.