Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (32597 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by No2Atheism(m): 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
May kelly:

yuo lack knowledge and will soon perish

shocked shocked shocked

Haba May Kelly that is not necessary, u can choose to disagree with someone without actually being insulting or resort to using curses or condemnation based statements.

Bottom line is that:

- Pastor Tunde Bakare may not be perfect (just as most almost all human beings are not perfect)
- Pastor Tunde Bakare is a pastor leading a well known church in lagos, hence he is obviously putting his reputation on the line for coming out against something which some so called big pastors are actually indirectly supporting.
- Tunde Bakare's church stands to lose a lot of financial income by his decision to speak against first fruit, hence at least put it into perspective that it at least means that he is willing to at least stand up for what he believes to be true (something which i believe to also be true).
- Hence at least understand that it takes a little bit of character for someone to willingly and openly go against the issue of first fruit knowing that such an action is bound to be deterimental financially speaking.

Hence in as much as u might not agree with the idea that churches collecting first fruit is unethical and unbiblical, at least there should be no need to go down the route of cursing or insults.

later.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2009
I don't understand - exactly how do pastors force their church members to pay offerings or tithes or first fruits? Does the pastor know every single person in his church? Even if he does, will he beat me up if I don't pay?

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2009
May kelly:

yuo lack knowledge and will soon perish

grin grin grin sorry . . . the words of God trump the deluded words of brainwashed men.

Lets read where the Lord instituted the first fruits offering . . .

Leviticus 23

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

I wonder why we chose one "feast" and ignored the rest . . . like the feast of passover and that of unleavened bread. The feast of the first fruits is the third.

10Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:

11And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Does your "pastor" wave your sheaf offering before the Lord? grin If not that is a sin!

12And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD.

Do you also buy a ram without blemish and sacrifice a burnt offering unto the Lord or its just your money that counts? You're sinning!

13And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

Remember also to include 2/10th of fine flour (preferably wheat flour!) with some oil . . . dont forget to invite me to share in your lamb offering!

14And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

Remember also . . . before you bring your first fruits offering . . . you must NOT eat bread (agege bread most especially), no roasted or boiled maize for you neither must you eat any vegetables! Remember it is a "statute forever".

15And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:

After your first fruits offering . . . count and observe 7 more sabbaths. Dont worry if you get fired from work . . . afterall you're following your feast no?

16Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

After your 7th sabbath, count 50 days then offer a new meat offering . . . see above. Invite me to eat more meat of course.

17[b][size=13pt]Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.[/size][/b]

18And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD.

19Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.

20And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.

Remember to include more first fruits again . . . 2 loaves of bread, wheat flour . . . 7 rams, 1 small cow, 2 more rams, 1 small goat, 2 more lambs . . .

give the bread and 2 rams to your "pastor" . . . ask him to wave it in church!

Once you have completed these rites . . . your first fruits offering shall be acceptable to the Lord. Failure to do all these is sin! grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by GEW: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2009
david tithes and more matters bring out something in you**
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Maykelly(f): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2009
davidylan:

He only did this ONCE! To melchizedek and it came NOT from his own wealth but from the booty he captured during a raid.
So when next i go fight another people and capture their goods . . . i will pay my tithe since i'm a child of Abraham no?

@davidylan and No2Atheism, what do you think of this word "booty"?

Rebarobyn:

haba, this is exactly what we are saying, because the guy quoted a verse and is trying to make meaning out of it, you should apologize may kelly

and you Rebarobyn, if there should be appology what do you think of this word? booty
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Rebarobyn: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2009
May kelly:

@davidylan and No2Atheism, what do you think of this word "booty"?

and you Rebarobyn, if there should be appology what do you think of this word? booty

boo·ty [btee]
noun
seized or stolen valuables: money or valuables seized or stolen, especially by soldiers in war

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by KunleOshob(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2009
Rebarobyn:

boo·ty [btee]
noun
seized or stolen valuables: money or valuables seized or stolen, especially by soldiers in war

Microsoft® Encarta® 2007.

Are you suggesting that tithes can be paid from stolen items too Is the very doctrine of tithes not criminal enough.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by KunleOshob(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2009
Interesting thread and very refreshing coming from a pentecostal pastor. However i would like to hear his views on tithes cos if he indulges in the evil heretic doctrine, then he is equally as guilty as the demons collecting first fruit.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Rebarobyn: 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
KunleOshob:

Are you suggesting that tithes can be paid from stolen items too Is the very doctrine of tithes not criminal enough.

you really should try and read through threads before commenting. that response was meant for maykelly and that's why I quoted her post. It has nothing to do with tithing or stolen items. maykelly posted a reply to davidlyan's post about 4 weeks ago and I suggested it was a bit harsh and she should apologise, she then asked me a question yesterday on what I think about the word "booty" used by davidlyan. I guessed she misunderstood the word so I posted another meaning that applies to it, hence my post. kindly pick on someone else's post!
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by udennaa: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
@davidylan
i agree entirely with u.i thank God He is beginning to open the eyes of xtians, n giving them understanding of His word by His spirit.enough of d deceit in xtiandom.gone are d days when a pastor's preaching is swallowed,hook,line n sinker,without questions,because he is a 'man of God'.we have long been deceived by these so-called pastors who ar not serving God but their belly,with their sugar-coated tongue n messages with d aim of milking dry the members.people like MAY KELLY have been brain-washed into believing every crap by their pastors;who even knows if she is one of them.i thank God for tunde bakare.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by afiq(m): 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2010
Satan(false preachers) at work via '1st fruit and tithe' projects.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by viaro: 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2010
afiq:

Satan(false preachers) at work via '1st fruit and tithe' projects.

Please let's try and read with a bit of understanding. Pastor Tunde Bakare (from the OP) was not against firstfruit offering or tithes. No - not at all. He was against those who have made either of them compulsory - and I am also against the compulsory form of anything. Tunde Bakare himself gives tithes, and it does not make sense that he would be condemning what he himself practices.

Whatever it is, do not make it compulsory (even "freewill" offerings these days seem to be forced in some subtle ways upon people).
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by karo93: 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2010
I dont see any problem in first fruit or tithe and even continuous taxation in form of offering my only case is that if you are not giving from your heart ,STOP cos you are wasting your time.
God will not bless you when you give grudgingly no matter how much.he loves a cheerful giver.

As a christian if you are afraid that your pastor is using your money to enrich himself go to the nearest charity home and donate your offerings for Christ was always for giving to the needy
Also if you see a pastor who needs your material help to propagate the word of God and not to enrich himself you can pay your offerings there.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by SirJohn(m): 7:09am On Feb 28, 2010
Tithes, offerings, firstfruits, partnerships, seed offerings and all other illegal means of extortion are evil and baseless. I have no regrets since I turned my back to all these lies. I have mind blowing testimonies that have since accompanied me.
I am proof that Gods blessings doesnt only come as a result of tithes, offerings, firstfruits, partnerships, seed offerings e.t.c but by grace, diligence and hardwork.
He who has ears, let him hear!!!
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nimshi: 11:44am On Feb 28, 2010
Book of Proverbs 3:9 “honour the Lord with thy substance and with the first fruit of your increase”

Did the woman pastor define "increase"?

I've see Oyedepo in another boasting session taoday asking 'how many churches could have 2 world-class universities in Nigeria'.

First, no university in Nigeria is world-class, let alone Oyedepo's glorified seondary schools.

Second: how come most of the members of Oyedepo's cannot afford to attend his Church's universities.

Yet, these institutions - as well as Oyedepo's lifestyle - is funded by the Church.

Tunde Bakare is right; yet, his point isn't original. It's only interesting because one of them is saying it.

Pastors fleecing poor and rich alike by threathening them with God's anger.

Shame.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Chiefba: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2010
Nimshi:

I've see Oyedepo in another boasting session taoday asking 'how many churches could have 2 world-class universities in Nigeria'.

First, no university in Nigeria is world-class, let alone Oyedepo's glorified seondary schools.

Second: how come most of the members of Oyedepo's cannot afford to attend his Church's universities.

Yet, these institutions - as well as Oyedepo's lifestyle - is funded by the Church.

Tunde Bakare is right; yet, his point isn't original. It's only interesting because one of them is saying it.

Shame.

Nimshi,
Before you start saying what you don't know about Bishop Oyedepo, let me tell you facts about Winners

We are never reminded about giving, the two times I stopped paying tithe, it was by the conviction of the Holy Spirit that I started paying again when several scriptures were opened to me.

Nobody has ever told me or anybody I know to bring in my first fruits to church at anytime but I have did it when I got my current job in obedience to the scriptures on my own.

Winners have done several projects without taking offering for it. 400 churches have been planted in several villages in Nigeria this year, several buses have been bought and is transporting members for free, the church changed the entire seats in the church and the youth chapel, Landmark University is under construction without any money requested from church members. We will continue to boast in the lord for providing all our need without stress. The Bishop was talking about seeking God first and following him and every other thing will be added to you. Matt 6:33
If Bishop Oyedepo uses church funds for his personal use, how can we achieve these
things?
Every church needs to be maintained, i believe funds generated from Faith Terbanacle will be to maintain the facilities in Cannaland and funds from churches in the other cities will be used to maintain those churches.

Winners take care of the less-priviledged through the Winners Satelite fellowship welfare scheme. Loans are provided for people to start businesses; house rents, school fees, foodstuff, clothings etc are provided but only members of the church identified by the cell groups will benefit from these provisions.

I advise you seek the lord with all your heart and obey his words and learn how to give and you may be blessed like Bishop Oyedepo. I am also on my way there.
Bless U.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Jackie26: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2010
Nimshi:

Shame.

Bishop Oyedepo's life is not funded by the church. It is the blesssings of the lord. And yes it is open to everybody that wants the blessings  including pastors . With all the mega projects the chuch is currently working on both home and abroad,  I am happy that I belong to a ministry that does not ask the church members to fund the projects. It is completely my decision to give my offering, tithe or any other seed according to my understanding of the scriptures. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nimshi: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2010
What're you both talking about??

Whio prayed during "offering" time at Winner's largest church on Sunday? Did you listen to the prayer?

Of course, Oyedepo makes sure he says the right things during his boasting sessions, called preaching, on Sundays. He made the same claims just this last Sunday. He's lying from the vast altar, and there's none of you calling him out on it: no university in Nigeria is "world class"; Oyedepo made that claim.

As to you who said "Bishop Oyedepo's life is not funded by the church. It is the blesssings of the lord." Really? Has the Lord a bank account? Or do angels deliver cash in Ghana-Must-Go bags at the gates of his residence? Yes, Oyedepo's ministry is accomplishing fantastic projects around the world; that's not anymore different than what dumb African politicians and military heads did: have poor people around you, start mega projects around the world. Now, answer the simple charge: what percentage of those people at Winners' last Sunday could afford to educate their children in Oyedepo's schools? The poor are there, the very poor, yet, the Church is executing projects abroad??

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Jackie26: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2010
Bishop Oyedepo is not lying, Covenant University and Landmark University are world class universites, you don't have to agree. As of 2007,Covenant University has about 7,000 students from different countries.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_University
How many universities in Nigeria can foreigners proudly come to for studies?
The church takes care of the poor that care to ask for help through the WSF welfare scheme,that does not stop the chucrch to embark on  church projects both home and abroad to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Since all you come to winners to do is accuse the servant of God falsely, why don't you stop wasting your time and worship where you will find peace? Or is that how you go from church to church critising? Pls stop wasting your time and find something productive to do.
God blesses people all round including in finances.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Akanistic(m): 2:58pm On Mar 02, 2010
Guys, I am one of the happiest people alive today not becaus of what I have but because of the wisdom God has given me. I explain, what Tunde is saying today I realized more than 25 years ago!! Brainwashing has been the order of the day since the very begining of time or even the current Christianity.

A GO once told a known female friend of mine that she should not expect any payment for her services(she sings) since it was all to the 'Glory of God'. But this female friend was religiously paying all dues, tithes, vows, offerings, seed, etc On narration to me I told her to continue singing 'Cannally' she has never regretted taking my advice. Many others are not so lucky.

I give you an example, after the death of Jesus of Oyingbo where are his Church members? What happened to his estates? After their death thats the end of them.

I have sometimes wondered why some moslems would tie explosives around themselves and blow up innocent people, and also likened them to our christian zealots who will give their first month's salary to another human being merely by word of mouth. They are both one and the same period.

If you read the holy book thouroghly, Jesus Christ may peace be unto him, said there would be many false prophets before he comes again. I still strongly believe him absolutely.

Give according to your heart not by compulsion that is true Christianity.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nimshi: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2010
Jackie_25:

Bishop Oyedepo is not lying, Covenant University and Landmark University are world class universites, you don't have to agree. As of 2007,Covenant University has about 7,000 students from different countries.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_University
How many universities in Nigeria can foreigners proudly come to for studies?
The church takes care of the poor that care to ask for help through the WSF welfare scheme,that does not stop the chucrch to embark on church projects both home and abroad to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. Since all you come to winners to do is accuse the servant of God falsely, why don't you stop wasting your time and worship where you will find peace? Or is that how you go from church to church critising? Pls stop wasting your time and find something productive to do.
God blesses people all round including in finances.

You've got a loooong way to go if you think a world class institution is determined by the nationalites of the students attending it. This is another example of why we need to make an elementary course in logic compulsory in secondary schools.

Another gem: you wrote: "God blesses people all round including in finances." - If that is so, how come there're still those poor people at Winners?

Logic. Compulsory. Secondary; School.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by dekung(m): 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2010
I don't know if anyone is still interested in this topic, but i would like you to lay hold of a book by Muyiwa Oguntoyinbo titled 'The beautiful Bride'. The book describes several practices in our mordern christianity which complete departures from what the 1st century christianity is all about. Read the book with an open mind, not with a sense of judgement either about the book, the author or whoever the book talks about. Just read it for knowledges sake and for the sake af being a better human. Along with this, read dueteronomy 14:1-end then you will see how tithes and all these other levies came about.

I wish you happy reading
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nimshi: 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2010
dekung:

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this topic, but i would like you to lay hold of a book by Muyiwa Oguntoyinbo titled 'The beautiful Bride'. The book describes several practices in our mordern christianity which complete departures from what the 1st century christianity is all about. Read the book with an open mind, not with a sense of judgement either about the book, the author or whoever the book talks about. Just read it for knowledges sake and for the sake af being a better human. Along with this, read dueteronomy 14:1-end then you will see how tithes and all these other levies came about.

I wish you happy reading

There's no single review of Oguntoyinbo's book on amazon.com; and, the book is already 'out of print'; see for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+beautiful+bride+oguntoyinbo

Perhaps you should publish a respectable review of the book? Shouldn't be much of a trouble, I'd think, the book being less than 160 pages.

Cheers.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by dekung(m): 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Nimshi
So sorry to have you go to amazon.com only to find out the book is out of print. If you are really interested in this book you can get through to Muyiwa Oguntoyinbo on Facebook. He should be able to direct you on how and where to get the book and also give you a proper review of his book. I would have loved to give you a review but I think the author would be in the best position to do his own review.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by Nimshi: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2010
debung:

1) A word about a review: no, that isn't the author's to give, it's that of readers, a description of their experience with reading the author's work. And you presented yourself as well-placed to give one since you appeared to claim to have read the book.

2) I don't need to go to Facebook, or, I don't with to: the author and/or the publisher has the responsibility to publicise this new author's work; and, as you presented yourself as an advertiser of the author's work, perhaps you could do the good deed by informing the author to drop hints on this page?

And, c'mon: have you read the book, really? 162 pages, eh, and you couldn't give your review
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by yommyuk: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2010
A word about a review: no, that isn't the author's to give, it's that of readers, a description of their experience with reading the author's work. And you presented yourself as well-placed to give one since you appeared to claim to have read the book.

Say no more cool
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by drumdr: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
Although I haven't read all the posts, and I apologize ahead of time for not doing so, I thought I'd chime in. Being a pastor in America has it challenges, and If individuals choose to ignore my comments in light of all the problems (real or imagined) that America has inflicted upon the world, I understand.

There are several issues at hand, one being the tithe, the other the offering. The bible speaks of both, and in many instances, together. (I.E. Tithes & Offerings) There are also the issues of "giving", and/or "sharing".

Historically, we must remember that in the days of Abraham, there was no national leadership, other than Abraham himself. Even under Moses, the leadership the Hebrews had known was foreign and oppressive, (Egyptians.)
When Moses set up the tabernacle, the tribe of Levi was set apart from the other 11 tribes to tend to "temple" or tabernacle duties. The Levites were the priests and also the police. When judgment came from God, it was the Levites who were responsible for executing justice, even when it called for blood. The Levites were the judges, the police, and the tabernacle servants. As a result, the tithe became the way the tribe of Levi was "paid". They did not work as other tribes did, but were relegated to temple duties, and as a result, needed to be compensated. The compensation came in as "first fruits". These actual "fruits" became the food for the Levites, and eventually the coin became the medium of exchange. The tithe then was essentially what today we call "the tax".

The tax (tithe) was to pay government employees. (I.E. the Levites) Who were responsible for the welfare, safety and security of the people. They were not the army (each tribe contributed to the national army including the Levites) but were instead the government within the new nation of Israel. They eventually became the Sanhedrin, the scribes and Pharisees.

The abuse began to take hold as what was meant to be an "offering" rendered for services, eventually became a mandate. Jesus speaks to this cold hearted form of "government" often in the New Testament. He continually chastises the Pharisees for turning their hearts away from God. What happened? Well, the story of the money-changers in the temple speaks to this corruption. Jesus says they, the elite government ruling class, had turned the house of God into a den of robbers. This elite class were descendants of the tribe of Levi.

Today, we have a different form of government. Somewhere in history, secular government has taken control away from religious organizations and replaced it with the rule of law, in some countries. This is true in America, but not the whole world. Many countries still rely on the Clergy to keep the peace. In many countries, the "holy men" are equal with Heads Of State.

In America, it is my opinion, that the tithe is no longer valid. My reasoning is simple. The church (clergy, or "Levites"wink are no longer responsible for the welfare of the people, or their security. The government handles this with police, FBI, fire departments, judges, magistrates, and courts. The people pay taxes (30%-50% of their income) to the government for these services. For the church to take an additional 10% may be considered oppressive. The church is attempting to claim ground based on spiritual principles by saying, "We are the spiritual Israel" and "We take care of your immortal souls, " This kind of talk is gibberish. Each person is responsible for his/her own salvation according the bible. If you currently pay taxes for services like "law and order", protection, national security, etc, and the church is not providing it directly, then the church is not validated to receive the tithe.

Pastors have become arrogant by demanding the tithe and put fear into people by claiming damnation if you don't pay it. This is devilish. The word of God is meant to set people free, not put them in bondage. If pastors are real pastors, they provide the services of: comforting the sick and oppressed, taking care of widows and orphans, praying for the sick and needy, encouraging the church, and being an example of humility. As people see this compassion in action, it should (hopefully) compel them to give. This heartfelt gift is what we call "offerings".

If you are the regular recipient of comfort, good advise, wisdom, prayer, and encouragement, then you should be a cheerful giver in return, for you are fortunate indeed. This regular giving on the part of an individual represents their approval and agreement with the pastor's actions and the church vision and direction. If the church starts becoming arrogant, people may decide to quit giving. And so it goes on and on,

The reason pastors start demanding and oppressing the people is because it's easier than humility. Pride is always easier than humility.

If you want to stop corruption in churches, stop giving money to oppressive churches, and start giving it to humble leaders who walk with integrity. In this, we align ourselves with the will of God, for God gives grace to the humble, but destroys the proud, and those who align themselves with such.

Thanks for a great posting

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by tpavilon(f): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2010
I believe your giving should be as a result of your personal convictions not because some one or a Pastor wants you to give.Christianity is more than just a religion,it is a lifestyle. Those that serve God must serve him in spirit and in truth.Do not give because you are mandated to but give out of a thank ful heart.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by donchido(m): 3:33am On Feb 03, 2012
- If the Messiah has already fuffilled the law, then why are we still trying to keep it.
>> best quote of YEAR 2012<<

I actually did not know tithes were meant for the fatherless, widows, levites and aliens and now this verse makes me question if churches actually use tithes for this purpose, I can hardly see anything Nigerian churches are doing in terms of reaching out to the society, these days its about getting more church members and money instead of reaching out to the needy and the destitute. we must re-trace our steps and do the right thing.
>>the bible said that judgement will start in the house of God, watch out pastors, if you have lost your conscience, then it is evidence that the Spirit of God is not in you anymore<<

Whatever the church must hold as doctrine cannot but have its validation from the New Testament.

Look through the New Testament, not once did the First-fruit refer to monetary offering but to Christ as the first to be resurrected from the dead.

Disagree with me, but watch out as we have not seen the end of the novelties as far as offerings are concerned. If Christ tarries there will be more innovations to invade the pocket of the uninformed.
>>take note incase you haven't read this part<<

Even tithes should be given without grudge,,,if ur Heart is not in it then don't do it.I prefer giving 20% of my earnings to the less previledged,widows and orphans than giving my 10% to some Pastors who re simply entertainers and expect money from their fans.If a Christian can build a personal relationship with God, that is all that is most important,,,reverend God in ur heart,,,from a personal experience and exposure whilst in Nigeria,,most pastors in Nigeria re actually not called to be a pastor.The ones that are actually called so to speak, in one way or the other, they seems to have missed it.
Emphasy is no more on salvation and Godliness rather its through buying ur way to Heaven via first fruits offerings,tithes,seed sowing and vows,,,its sad that the those who re meant to be the custodian of God's kingdom have clearly and completely drifted from their responsibilties and they re serving marmoon and the spirit of the last days.One thing that bothers me is that; do they or do they not know what they re doing

>>strictly on point<<

Grin Grin Grin sorry . . . the words of God trump the deluded words of brainwashed men.

Lets read where the Lord instituted the first fruits offering . . .

Leviticus 23

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

I wonder why we chose one "feast" and ignored the rest . . . like the feast of passover and that of unleavened bread. The feast of the first fruits is the third.

10Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:

11And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Does your "pastor" wave your sheaf offering before the Lord? Grin If not that is a sin!

12And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD.

Do you also buy a ram without blemish and sacrifice a burnt offering unto the Lord or its just your money that counts? You're sinning!

13And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

Remember also to include 2/10th of fine flour (preferably wheat flour!) with some oil . . . dont forget to invite me to share in your lamb offering!

14And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

Remember also . . . before you bring your first fruits offering . . . you must NOT eat bread (agege bread most especially), no roasted or boiled maize for you neither must you eat any vegetables! Remember it is a "statute forever".

15And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:

After your first fruits offering . . . count and observe 7 more sabbaths. Dont worry if you get fired from work . . . afterall you're following your feast no?

16Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

After your 7th sabbath, count 50 days then offer a new meat offering . . . see above. Invite me to eat more meat of course.

17Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.

18And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD.

19Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.

20And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.

Remember to include more first fruits again . . . 2 loaves of bread, wheat flour . . . 7 rams, 1 small cow, 2 more rams, 1 small goat, 2 more lambs . . .

give the bread and 2 rams to your "pastor" . . . ask him to wave it in church!

Once you have completed these rites . . . your first fruits offering shall be acceptable to the Lord. Failure to do all these is sin!

>>one word- judaism<<

Are you suggesting that tithes can be paid from stolen items too Huh Is the very doctrine of tithes not criminal enough.

>>this is very true so as to avoid harbouring hoodlums in the Church, and to avoid using criminal money in the house of God<<

Please let's try and read with a bit of understanding. Pastor Tunde Bakare (from the OP) was not against firstfruit offering or tithes. No - not at all. He was against those who have made either of them compulsory - and I am also against the compulsory form of anything. Tunde Bakare himself gives tithes, and it does not make sense that he would be condemning what he himself practices.

Whatever it is, do not make it compulsory (even "freewill" offerings these days seem to be forced in some subtle ways upon people).

>>There must be an element of freewill in everything, that God method, and He has said we should be like Him, that why it is written, God loves a cheerful giver<<

Tithes, offerings, firstfruits, partnerships, seed offerings and all other illegal means of extortion are evil and baseless. I have no regrets since I turned my back to all these lies. I have mind blowing testimonies that have since accompanied me.
I am proof that Gods blessings doesnt only come as a result of tithes, offerings, firstfruits, partnerships, seed offerings e.t.c but by grace, diligence and hardwork.
He who has ears, let him hear!!!

>>Oga, are u sure of what you're saying??<<

Shame.

>>I think there has to be a way of doing that this that will be in tune with the plan of God without necessarily manipulating people because manipulation might also be witchcraft, but if u ask me, there is no better way to spend your money, than to spend it in the things of God and on the less priviledged<<

I wish you happy reading
>>@ dekung---pls where can i find this book?<<
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by crossman9(m): 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
First fruits is in the bible and very biblical but these new church have perverted it like Christ Embassy and many more church like them, there twisting the bible to make them self’s rich

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
2 Peter 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
New Living Translation (©2007)
2 Peter 2:3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
2 Peter 2:3 And by greed and fictitious accounts they will make profit among you, these whose judgment from the first has not been idle and their destruction does not sleep

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by FXKing2012(m): 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2012
As a born again Christian I follow every word that is in the Bible, and by that I mean every word in the Bible that applies to me. And there is no where is the new testament (which is the part that applies to us becos we are not under the law of Moses but under grace) where it is stated that we should pay titheS, offering, first fruit, etc. We are only enjoined to give (to the poor, for the work of the kingdom, etc), but not necessarily to pastors or churches on a regular basis like it's a necessity.
If you disagree, pls show me anywhere in the new testament where we are directed to pay tithe or offering or first fruit.
Re: First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare by crossman9(m): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2012
these where for the people who did not have goods and food offering are for the support of the people in the church not for the millionnare preachers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman ‘Considering’ Standing As Omoyele Sowore’s Surety / Please I need help. My life is crashing / Bishop David Oyedepo Celebrates His 66th Birthday Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.