Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? (22803 Views)

How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / Man Claims Using Make-ups Will Lead Ladies To Hell - Twitter Users React / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Manofvalor1: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
Okay U already said the man was a thief.but notwithstanding i think you did the right thing in the sight of God. You just saved a life and you have given a sinner a second chance to repent. He would think of his life and have a rethink and repent,if he does'nt then it would stand as a witness against him on the judgement day.apart from saving a life you also prevented others from comitting the sin of murder.

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by DExplorer1: 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
freecocoa:
Lol, don't be scared boo boo, I gat you, even in hell.wink
Ah! Does sign of the cross 3x
God forbid!
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Phrankin(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
mekonglobal:

Dis pics made me laugh out had cheesycheesycheesycheesy gringrin
I made the meme myself cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by HopeAlive14(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
Zenzu01:
A man entered my house running and breathing heavily, so I had to ask him what's the matter

He said he is being chased by people

I asked what did he do

He told me everything

As he was still explaining, the people approached where we were and at that time I knew I needed to take an action either to save the man or release him to them.
So I opted for an option of saving him.
When the angry mob that were chasing the man came to me and asked if I saw anybody but I told them that I didn't see anyone.

My question is did I sin by lying to them that I didn't see anyone whereas I saw and hid the thief..

Mind you if I release the man to them, they will surely kill him..
And if I die in the process, will I go to hell despite the fact I wanted to save a soul.

Bro, you have no power to save a soul.

God is well able to save this man even if you told the mob the truth!

God expects us to tell the truth at all times.

When we tell the truth, we establish the Presence of God. When we tell a lie, we establish the presence of satan.

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Topestbilly(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
From the little act of good deeds knowledge I have, you have done a perfect act of a righteous being...

Saving his life regardless his sins. U hav a reward (even if he didn't change his ways)

If this person repent n turn away from stealing. u hav a reward

On every good deed he renders. U hav a reward.

So u ar on the right path.

Thanks for saving a life
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by piagetskinner(m): 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
gidimasters:
Who You Epp?
The running thief
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by mozele(m): 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
Zenzu01:
A man entered my house running and breathing heavily, so I had to ask him what's the matter

I asked what did he do

He told me everything

As he was still explaining, the people approached where we were and at that time I knew I needed to take an action either to save the man or release him to them.
When the angry mob that were chasing the man came to me and asked if I saw anybody but I told them that I didn't see anyone.

My question is did I sin by lying to them that I didn't see anyone whereas I saw and hid the thief..

And if I die in the process, will I go to hell despite the fact I wanted to save a soul.

if you watch him go back to the sin that made you put your life at risk by being also invoved, then am afraid you'll be held acountable.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by freecocoa(f): 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
DExplorer1:

Ah! Does sign of the cross 3x
God forbid!
Lol, fear fear.tongue
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by enoch701(m): 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2016
freecocoa:
It's pretty obvious by now na
situation or circumstances does not change God's standard. his principles doesn't change.... so nothing is obvious... everybody will get wat dey deserve...hell is regarded as a place of torments, unquenchable pains and gnashing of teeth..till everlasting... it doesn't sound like fun ooo.....don't be deceive.

1 Like

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by piagetskinner(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
gidimasters:
Who You Epp?
The running thief.. U who u Epp
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by gidimasters(m): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
piagetskinner:

The running thief.. U who u Epp
i epp you na... else se u go see my post quote
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Funkychic(f): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
He told u everything?? Tell us what he told u nah, to enable us know if its a sin and as such will lead u to hell as u asked.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by haryomikun(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
superior1:

The problem with this question is the lack of understanding of who God is, at least in the Christian sense. GOD isnt a tyrant who seats on an heavenly throne looking for excuses to throw people into hell, far from it.

Isaiah 49:15
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

Those two verses will show you a little of who God is, if your sinful earthly Dad wont purnish you over such, how much more a loving God??
Baba dat one na story. Even pastors do tell instances of a man killing an ant and being sent to hell because God asked him if he can create it.

All dese religious ish is confusing even to you Christians sef.

Oga, there is no heaven or hell. I am opposed to believing reincarnation more than this heaven an hell story.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by chillykelly86(m): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Zenzu01:
A man entered my house running and breathing heavily, so I had to ask him what's the matter ...

There is a difference between saving a physical life and saving a soul. You can contribute to the salvation of a soul but you can't save a soul. There is only one way to save a soul and that is for the person to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by chillykelly86(m): 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
Zenzu01:
A man entered my house running and breathing heavily, so I had to ask him what's the matter ...

There is a difference between saving a physical life and saving a soul. There is only one way to save a soul and that is for the person to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.

To get some insights about the difference between physical life and a soul, study Jesus words:-
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Luke 12:4-5 KJV
http://bible.com/1/luk.12.4-5.KJV

A human being is made up of spirit, soul & body. As you can decipher from the Scripture above, losing one's physical life is not the worst thing that can happen to one but losing one's soul to hell.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Emilord(m): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
well legally,you are an accessory after the fact of the offence...therefore you are guilty of his crime. morally, you may pass the test of a genuine person though and biblically, that singular act won't take you to hell
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Image123(m): 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
Zenzu01:

I asked what did he do

He told me everything

The end does not justify the means in God's viewpoint. You are not saved by good works, you are saved because you believe in Jesus to save you from your sins. lying is a sin, and thank God you were not caught, you could have been killed. Then, you would not be asking this question.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Image123(m): 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
freecocoa:
My friend, I hope you handed the thief over to the appropriate authority? Cos that's the most important thing here.

As for going to heaven or hell, stop deceiving yourself cos if there's really a hell according to biblical standards, we are all going there so don't worry, you won't be alone and it will be a very fun place, I bet people in heaven will plead to be sent to hell, when they see how much fun we will be having there.cheesy

Btw OP, this your story sounds made up. undecided

According to Bible standards, we are not all going to hell. Hell is a place of sorrow, regret and gnashing of teeth.

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by P0intBlank(m): 3:17am On Apr 11, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Gods word is certain and can't be bent because of anyone.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Lying is lying and no condition justifies lying. Lets not get ourselves deceived about God. His Merciful yes but not in support of evil!

@bolded Really!? How about Rahab and the Spies?
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by P0intBlank(m): 3:26am On Apr 11, 2016
Zenzu01:

I asked what did he do

He told me everything

This story sounds familiar. Hope it's not fabricated. However, note this: with God, the motive and attitude with which an act is carried out is more important than the act itself.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Mrbigman1(m): 6:04am On Apr 11, 2016
Zenzu01:

I asked what did he do

He told me everything

When dey wia chasing marry magdalene, what did Jesus do?
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Integrityfarms(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2016
P0intBlank:

Rahab was a harlot and she lied because that's her way of life. If Rahab died in that condition she wouldn't make heaven.

Gods word doesn't change with times and seasons!
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Olumyco(m): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
There is no greater sin, we get to sin daily either from the thoughts of our hearts, the words of our mouth or our actions. Sin is Sin.
If only you used the opportunity to preach the Good news to him.... However, His Mercies never come to an end. King David did worse but one of the things that made him a man after God's heart was his remorseful nature.

Great is His Mercy!

What u spew here contrast d word of God. Pls anytin dat is within d jurisdiction of God must b handled with care. Try and always support ur words with d word of God if it has to do wit d God.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Prales(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2016
Kontinue
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by P0intBlank(m): 9:27am On Apr 11, 2016
Integrityfarms:

Rahab was a harlot and she lied because that's her way of life. If Rahab died in that condition she wouldn't make heaven.

Gods word doesn't change with times and seasons!

U're missing the point and U can't just assume lying was her way of life. I know truthful men who are not Christians.

That aside, she had a choice to either tell the truth or lie and save the spies. She chose the latter and was rewarded for it. Not only was she spared but she is in the genealogy of Jesus. That raises doubts about what you said about no condition justifies lying.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Localamos(m): 10:49am On Apr 11, 2016
alwayscalm:
Which kind story be this

I wonder... some threads are not just worthy to be on FP.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Rose01y: 11:22am On Apr 11, 2016
its a good thing to save a life ... but you also have to be careful.... your own life can be in danger as well embarassed
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Olumyco(m): 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
SlimBrawnie:
There is no greater sin, we get to sin daily either from the thoughts of our hearts, the words of our mouth or our actions. Sin is Sin.
If only you used the opportunity to preach the Good news to him.... However, His Mercies never come to an end. King David did worse but one of the things that made him a man after God's heart was his remorseful nature.

Great is His Mercy!

What U spew here contrast d word of God. Pls b careful how u handle spiritual tins. The word of God stands....... when U get saved U stop committing sin. Always support ur statements wit proofs from d scriptures.
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Image123(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
P0intBlank:

Rahab was into prostitution as well, does that justify the act?
Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by P0intBlank(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
Image123:

Rahab was into prostitution as well, does that justify the act?

Re: Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 13, 2016
Zenzu01 , I have replied to your email, you can now send me message through your email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? / 6 Powerful Prayer Points For MMM Participants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.