Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,542 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided (99841 Views)

Very Important Real Estate Topic We Should Know / Architects In The House, Pls What Can I Build On Half Plot Of Land? / VERY IMPORTANT: Why Nigerian Civil Engineers Blame Architects/their Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by csiworksnig(f): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Need an architect with years of experience in the building industry. Call 08093577005

1 Like

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Emeka71(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
AreOnaKakanfo:

It's been done and done well.
This is exactly what I have in mind.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by csiworksnig(f): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Architect in the house with years of building experience.. Call 08093577005

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by erico2k2(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
oapeleo:

Ok. First if you choose to use a collector.
Calculate the weight of water in the collector. You can get weight using density formula and volume from the area. If the weight is too much for your collector, then increase its size or the material.

And to velocity, if you did your fluid mechanics well, you will know Velocity changes when there is a change in area. And to balance the flow, the inlet velocity has to be equal to the outlet velocity. This will help you choose the appropriate number of outlet pipes, their sizes and spacing.

In case you decide to make a reservoir out of the water. Then you need to read on Catchment area and reservoir size. Google it.

Stay blessed
I think you are confusing yourself just as I suspected
We where talking all along of free falling water hence I said the velocity it constant unless it's path is disturbed by presure points or pump. The free fall of any object is directly tied to gravity which is 10g
Even if you use water colector the regardless of the are or volume of water in the collector the exitin of water is going to B same as the is no presure on the colector cos it's open and not a vacuum.
I was waiting to see the equation for this calculation.
I'm not just talking for talk sake I deal with something similar day in day out at work cos we ha e to get water of equipment.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
erico2k2:

I think you are confusing yourself just as I suspected
We where talking all along of free falling water hence I said the velocity it constant unless it's path is disturbed by presure points or pump. The free fall of any object is directly tied to gravity which is 10g
Even if you use water colector the regardless of the are or volume of water in the collector the exitin of water is going to B same as the is no presure on the colector cos it's open and not a vacuum.
I was waiting to see the equation for this calculation.
I'm not just talking for talk sake I deal with something similar day in day out at work cos we ha e to get water of equipment.

If you don't know velocity changes when it goes through a conduit pipe

If you dont know the density formula = mass/ volume
And volume = area x depth and from that get the weight of water on the collector. Blame your maths teacher.

If you don't know the density of water. Blame your chemistry teacher.

If you don't know the normal flow equation. Blame your fluid mechanics lecturer

Then my dear, your problem started from secondary school. God help you.

1 Like

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
troubleshooter:

Don't ever use 1m or less but u can use 1.2, 1.5, 2.1? they are all not less than 1m but are they right?........so you can see who has a problem with english language? i cant change u. pls continue in ur immaturity and ignorance. but no matter how u try, u cant bring Architecture down.

I dare you to upload your recent project. Lemme see.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by xbee20(m): 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
Barselonia:

civil engineer supervise the building tech in carrying out the drawing drawn by the architect.....
civil engineer interpreted both the architectural and structural drawing for the build tech to carry out....

i stand to be corrected ooo

but nowaday no different.... everybody is engineer

u must b kidding me!!! are u telling me d civil engineer role is to interpret? Wait make I go back school!!!

1 Like

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by foliman(m): 12:11am On Apr 17, 2016
cassidy1996:
i agree with you bro, its difficult to actually build what you see on the PC screen. these days we have so many
computer aided drawing software's, most people can draw what they think, but building it in real life is a big problem and most of our engineers and technicians are not competent. i have worked with many of them.

I love the part where you said not competent... how was Opera House in Sydney being built after so many structural engineers have failed... what matters is the material(s) to be use..... I'm an architect bro... no structural engineer ever tampered with my designs.

In conclusion, most of these works you handled must be works of draftmen not Architect...

2 Likes

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by xstudios(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2016
OP
seems you wished you are an architect.

looks like you have completely left ur job and are pretending to be what you are not.

competence is a skill. work on improving your self and hopefully too you'll find the company of competent Architects not chalatans like urself

2 Likes

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by troubleshooter: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2016
oapeleo:

I dare you to upload your recent project. Lemme see.

I won't dignify you with that opportunity as you have expended that lifeline. But believe it or not I'm not just an architect, I'm a writer, a critic, a fabricator as well as a composer cutting across most facets of Art with over 10yrs PQE. I won't demean myself so badly b4 an engineer who patronizes quacks. But if u need references, ....
1. The Dining hall and student Hostel, Reagent school, Abuja
2. RCCG LP29 headquarters Alagbado
3. Royal Bliss Hotel, Ajah
4. Over 20 residential buildings....the type of which u vaingloriously revel in on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2016
troubleshooter:

I won't dignify you with that opportunity as you have expended that lifeline. But believe it or not I'm not just an architect, I'm a writer, a critic, a fabricator as well as a composer cutting across most facets of Art with over 10yrs PQE. I won't demean myself so badly b4 an engineer who patronizes quacks. But if u need references, ....
1. The Dining hall and student Hostel, Reagent school, Abuja
2. RCCG LP29 headquarters Alagbado
3. Royal Bliss Hotel, Ajah
4. Over 20 residential buildings....the type of which u vaingloriously revel in on this thread.

Are you done?

1 Like

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by notindome(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2016
When you say based on his observations, He must have been working with quacks or just draftmen, Pls who seals/approves the draftman's work?

If a draftman does a bad job, and its approved by a registered Architect to be used by the Engineer for his own design, who takes the blame of quackery?

When we as professionals in most cases just put money before the integrity of our profession, then there will be continued cases of quacks in the country.

A draftman's work cannot be approved without a professional been involved. So forget that issue of "na quacks him dey deal with" and let all professionals come together to weed off the quacks from the industry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by troubleshooter: 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
alpontif:

You are the reason behind my decision to Log in.

I am also a Civil Engineer, Professionaly Licensed to Practice by COREN, and also a Corporate Member of the NSE.

Furthermore, I have Multiple masters Degrees in Both Housing Development and Information Technology.

More Imporatantly, I have years of experience in Infrastructure Planning, Engineering, Procurement and Construction.

The above should be enough credentials to validate anything I write from now.

No 1. An attitude of humility will take you a long way, I understand your pain, but you should at the least have addressed the message, not the messenger.

No 2. You have several Things confused, and I really dont blame you. I blame the arrogant ignorance taken for professional right that some people adopt in this Country. In this day and age, there is nothing like ''An Architect is the Head of the Project Team''. That statement is a fallacious carryover from the 60s and 70s.

Nowadays, The Architect can be the Lead of the Design Team, basically because his designs form the fundamental basis on which other Designers proceed, The Total, whole complete project is subject to the direction of a Project Manager...who is usually a Civil or Structural Engineer...(Most Projects in Dubai follow this model)

The point of correcting a drawing stems from the fact that that drawing is subject to practical reality which most Drafters fail to take into cognizance when creating plans and drawings. Professionally Trained Architects will never commit mistakes the OP pointed out, most of which
are commited by quacks, not real architects. So I agree with you on that Point.

It is Crucial that we focus on the message, not the messenger.

All due regards to your age, garnered experience, academic achievements and professional accomplishments. on the issue of humility, may i posit that you dont know me. and in a riposte such as this, humility isnt a virtue. you dont expect someone to point a maligning finger at my family and you expect humility from me. no, no. Respect is reciprocal.

I consider the Op's write up as a brazen affront and attack on the practice of Architecture by ur junior colleague. Whatever the point he was trying to make ws defeated by his indirect and negative comparison of both professions. There 101 other salient topics he cld occupy himself with within the ambit of Engineering and building construction. It is out of place morally and ethically 4 the Op to abandon his practice and embark on an open vilification of Architecture under whatever guise.
No matter how smart a dog is, it can't watch over 2 separated compounds. That is the genesis of all the brouhaha. I expect that u r more knowledgeable in this matter and I can't see anywhere u made any attempt to put him in order. Oh! because he's ur colleague? U rather commit ur resources to taking me up. This fuels my disappointment.
I welcome ur critique of me. They are mature but not balanced. For that I have rejoinders and I would have loved to rub minds and exchange ideas more with u but choose to refrain because Your bias 4 one of ur own is quite conspicuous.
Pls sir, if we r to fulfill ur mantra what is the Op's message we shld focus on:? That 70% of Architects' drawings are crap? That architects drawings are always riddled with errors and its engineers that correct it 4 them?
I hope u have an idea of the number of young minds here and those who will employ goggle and come up with this crap only to take it hook, line and sinker as their own facts ending up being informed with errors? look @ the 1st page and see many pple who don't know much and are willing to learn being misinformed. Its appalling. I will never sit back and watch the banal canibalisation Of my noble profession by a sister professional albeit for vain advert purposes. There's no justification for it and I won't take that lying down. I owe Architecture that duty.
I trust u wld feel the Same too if I had created a topic here to pillage the Engineering profession. Something like , "VERY IMPORTANT: MISTAKES CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERS MAKE!!!" And I start by declaring that I'm an Architect and propound that 70% of the engineering jobs I've seen are rubbish and that I unilaterally correct their rubbish and I start schooling engineers on how to do their Jobs...... Haba! Pls do well to shoot urself with that gun and tell us (Architects) how it feels. In this case, the self serving messenger is as repugnant as his treasonal message.

5 Likes

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
I don't know why you guys are making a big deal out of this post.

Its for quarks and inexperienced architects.
If you are professional please ignore. And apologies.
Possibly my clients use quarks. From what it seems its been verified by all the comments.

Sorry to those that found it insultive,
Please no more comments or quote to the post.

It will be matured to get more response on how to spot fake architects. As long as the plan given to me is stamped, sealed and approved. I don't expect errors.

Sorry for your time
Merci.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by princebergz(m): 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
oapeleo:

My name is Osarenkhoe Osayanmon and am a Civil Engineer with enough experience in design and building. I have worked as a building consultant for some time now and supervised some projects on my own from start to finish. I want to share my experience and ideas with you guys. I can be reached via 08068280130 anytime.

I end up correcting 70% of any architectural drawing given to me to develop. The reason is because architect drawings are almost always not achievable or realistic.
Yeah they look so beautiful on paper and their 3d awesome.

Stay tuned and pick no offence but learn

OP... inasmuch as i agree with you to a large extent but as an Architect i beg to differ! Anybody can actually make use of CAD softwares but designing "spaces" with aesthetic, structural, functional considerations can only be carried out by a "sound" Architect.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by bebe2(f): 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
[/quote] You should have enough space between d road and fence. Just in case your governor decides to expand the road in future.
I quite disagree with you on this, and I will give you my reasons. If my building plan is approved by the ministry of urban development and I follow the plan, if any government decide to expand or carry out any construction on the road that will affect my building then appropriate compensation should be paid. It's only in Nigeria that you see individual developers going to develop an area without the master plan of that area.[b] [/b]The best practice is for the government to map out all available infrastructure. E.g access road, drainage, walk way, electric line etc. [/quote]

We are talking about Nigeria na?

Most pole don't seek approval before building
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by erico2k2(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
oapeleo:

If you don't know velocity changes when it goes through a conduit pipe

If you dont know the density formula = mass/ volume
And volume = area x depth and from that get the weight of water on the collector. Blame your maths teacher.

If you don't know the density of water. Blame your chemistry teacher.

If you don't know the normal flow equation. Blame your fluid mechanics lecturer

Then my dear, your problem started from secondary school. God help you.

I find ur last statement very disrespectful coming from you who needs a JOB, and my secondary school days ended B4 1991 embarassed
From your write up I will advice U to stick to Auto CAD and website development.

2 Likes

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by erico2k2(m): 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
bebe2:
You should have enough space between d road and fence. Just in case your governor decides to expand the road in future.
I quite disagree with you on this, and I will give you my reasons. If my building plan is approved by the ministry of urban development and I follow the plan, if any government decide to expand or carry out any construction on the road that will affect my building then appropriate compensation should be paid. It's only in Nigeria that you see individual developers going to develop an area without the master plan of that area.[b] [/b]The best practice is for the government to map out all available infrastructure. E.g access road, drainage, walk way, electric line etc.

We are talking about Nigeria na?

Most pole don't seek approval before building
dont try that again on, you will cry at the end, unless you are talking of a village.

1 Like

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by bebe2(f): 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
erico2k2:

dont try that again on, you will cry at the end, unless you are talking of a village.

grin grin

no mind me,

it was my contractor that did all rubbish.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by erico2k2(m): 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
bebe2:

grin grin

no mind me,

it was my contractor that did all rubbish.
Me sef hear say some contractors dey furge approval plans grin grin grin nah Dem say oooh
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by Buildertobadt: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
E be like say Mr. ...sorry, Architect Troubleshooter don vex finish..lol. While I agree with you that the OP has gone largely presumptive in many of his points by generalizing draftsmen as core professional Architecture practice, I believe there are better and subtle ways of making your points and grievances known. We are all meant to work together towards having a more formidable and more reputable built environment industry in Nigeria and I believe this should start from the point of effective communication of ideas and suggestions. Even our touted number one industry menace, Collapsed Buildings, can be traced to poor communications and non-acknowledgement of other professional parties involvement in projects. So, as a building practitioner as well, I will plead that we spend more time educating the general public rather that casting aspersions on each other's professional practices and views. Thank you.

troubleshooter:
1st of all, the Hogwash u put up here shld be retitled 'MISTAKES DRAUGHTSMEN MAKE'.
If u are not a quack and truly a registered engineer (as u so claim) u Shld know better that this rubbish presentation is against ur COREN ethics of professional practice. An Architect is the head of a project team and u correct his drawings?!!!.... Under what moral authority?
Buildings are falling down all over lagos & u haven't deemed it fit to address that log in ur eye, rather u occupy urself with the vain pursuit of removing a speck in the eye of some profession u know nothing about.
Come to think of it, so u think this trash u put up equates to what is taught in 6yrs of architecture school?
With all ur hallowed experience u deem it fit that a 1metre setback is Better than the 3m as contained in building bye-laws? U are a wonder! Pity the ignorant public cld still applaud ur quackness.
Pple like u are the reason why we are where we are as a country. Jack of many trades, master of zilch.

1 Like

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by segcymoor(m): 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hmmm
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by semitunde: 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
Barselonia:

civil engineer supervise the building tech in carrying out the drawing drawn by the architect.....
civil engineer interpreted both the architectural and structural drawing for the build tech to carry out....

i stand to be corrected ooo

but nowaday no different.... everybody is engineer

Civil Eng'g is actually very broad unlike Building technology that's more specific.

Under CE we have:

Transportation or Highway Eng'g ( deal with roads and bridge construction; traffic studies, rail construction etc)

Construction Eng'g (Is actually the construction arm of civil eng'g. Any aspect that needs physical construction will need the attention of the construction Engr.)

Strctural Eng'g (does the designs, determinns if and how possible the building or any other construction work will stand; and sometimes at whatever cost)

Geotechnical Eng'g ( determine the type of soil in a location and if the soil can take the cconstruction load, deal mainly with foundations, sometimes work with geologists)

Environmental Eng'g (under which we have refuse/ solid waste eng'g; and Water and wastewater Eng'g. The water and wastewater eng'g deal with dams, water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants etc)

Hope that's enlightening enough?

Cc.Jaymaestro:
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by semitunde: 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
ArchNerd:

In fact you guys have said it all no need for me to type the *Paul's epistle to the Corinthians* I intended to type*

I was at Burj Khalifa 124th Floor. Then I wonder what a Nigerian Civil Engineer would say when an architect puts before him a BURJ KHALIFA or BURJ AL-ARAB design.

9ja civil engineer go be like *only God can make this building stand*

It will be contructed. The construction principles are the same ( unless the 'Engr' you know isn't that good or isn't actually a civil Engr or doesn't have the requisite experience and/or transferable skills to handle such)

The major difference between construction companies and/or engrs is the equipments they are exposed to and the project management processes employees by the coys/engrs.The processes and equipment each company applies is based on its target construction market, simply business.

A construction coy that is used to bulding tall buildings will have to do a lot of process change to build a stadium. It may have to employ strategic subcontractors to handle outsourced areas that they can't handle themselves. This isn't particular to Nigeria or even africa and its the reason why bids are called for.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by semitunde: 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
thewatcher2020:
Funny how Builders cum Engineers are quick to throw Architects under the bus. As a matter of Principle, Every building I designed back in Nigeria, I inform the clients upfront that I NOMINATE the engineer(s) for all my design and construction works. This is simple because so many Engineers out there are so damnnnnn LAZY! Gosh!

I once designed the private residence of a SS governor back in 2009. During construction, his brother- an Engineer came around and started screaming "What kind of rubbish design is this, you people want to kill somebody". I received a call from Lagos that this buffoon has instructed the people on ground to "knack columns and drop beams everywhere" for safety reasons. The Governor wanted a big hall where he could host VIPs regularly within his mansion. I as an Architect, I HATE COLUMNS OBSTRUCTING VIEWS INSIDE LIVING SPACE- its actually my pet peeve. So, I flew in and sent a message to the Client- the Governor that his comic brother should be taken off my site if my competency is still being valued with respect to the project. He called back and I explained everything to him. I went to the site the following day, the man started telling me how he has been practicing Engineering before I ventured into Architectural school and all bullshit.

To cut the story short, the building is still standing very firm today all post-construction stability tests conducted not only certified the building excellent but got recommendations. I shouldn't be teaching Engineers their jobs, we simply used inverted beams in most locations to hide the ugly proposed drop-beams which I believe to be an elementary solution that should be on the fingertips of "mr experience".

The underlying truth here is- Most engineers in Nigeria are comfortable with the default matchbox designs with columns and beams everywhere hence the complaints against Architects for their self-imposed mental deficiency.

PEACE!

I can see that just as we have our grouses with architects, architects have same for us. What i don't do however is say "most architects don't...", and I've seen many architects.

I personally like architect that give me something to think about in terms of their designs.

There is hardly any design that can't be constructed. However due to constraints that include cost some have to be modified or even remodelled. Remember it's the engr's job to say how your building is going to stand. You want to build a house on water? Great! We'll show you how, its up to you or the client to determine if the cost is worth it or weigh other options available. Options include, another form of engineering, an architect remodification or both.

The building where you used up stand (inverted) beams on slab, does it have another floor on it? If so, how did you handle that floor? Or is it a roof slab?.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by semitunde: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Loool. Una don even use vex pursue op commot for nairaland!
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by ranktzy(m): 8:56am On Apr 19, 2016
shine12:

Yes, Energy from Waste plant can potentially be one our energy solutions in Nigeria. I was even discussing it with a much more senior Engineer the other day about bringing it across Africa and He said that it’s very possible in Nigeria especially but the constraint will be the procurement of the construction process and as you said it’s really a tall order (it can definitely be done) To me the issue is with the funders. I do have contact of process plant suppliers. Once someone can get a developer with money to spend, it can be built in Nigeria, it’s about convincing the Alikos, Tinubus of this world to fund it. The one I’m currently working on has a capacity of 20MW which will produce a monthly equivalent of 11,520MW.h.
The funny thing about the waste is that the plant operators buy wastes as far away as Germany and bring to the UK to use as a source of energy.
Honesty, from what I've seen it's big business, & the raw materials are lying everywhere in the country. Please can i grt in touch with you, i noticed the nairaland pm isn't working. Thanks!
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by skimanski(m): 10:36am On Apr 19, 2016
So Action Film Dey go on for here Gahn Gahn!!! and I no even Know. Where our great leader Oga mufutau55 to come and calm everyone down. I can see Insults flying everywhere. No one should Blame OP ooo. He has done a great Job in Bringing this Thread. it just means that by the time we are on Page 10, some people would have learnt a Lot. Besides he just made mention of Common mistakes he feels should be taken care of. If you know you have already taken care of that as an architect. Good for you, if not, then Learn to.

All these Issues about Quacks are the only ones that Make Silly Mistakes. Not only those Hungry Draftsmen that are quacks. There are many so called professional Architects that Make silly Architectural Blunders or do not think Through the Process of Building before deciding on Design Directions. I Bow my head for the ones that have done it in the Industry. They are worth Celebrating.

Meanwhile all these people that comment with the Claim of one Big Degree or the Other. Can we just comment without Adding our So called Great Degree in this Field or the Other. We all get degree, and if we say make we dey Put Degree for Ground, We will never move forward. Besides where was our Degree when Architects were designing the Civic Center and that new NestOil Building in Akin-Adesola Road in VI. If you want to talk Degree maybe you should post any of your Unbelievable MasterPieces that stands out from the Rest, then People can Take you serious. So lets forget Degree, we all are still Learning.

My Take on the Issue of On realistic Designs is, Nigeria has to learn to Dream Big. so if the Dreams do not scare you, then they are not Big Enough. Not all Clients are ready for you to push your boundaries so you can Draw to the Clients Desire but always be a Little Above the Clients Expectation, so as not to stall the growth of you Creativity due to the Economy affecting the balance between what Clients dream and what they want. However, if you have the Opportunity to go crazy, Please Go as Crazy as much as you can. do not let anyone stop you, it might be among your few opportunity to break new grounds. Give the Structural Engineer the task/Headache of trying to make your Design realistically Possible, that might even help his professionalism. Have a talk with him/her. Give him your Ideas on how you think it will be possible, let him figure it out. At the end you guys can reach a Middle ground and we have a Good design. Lets not get Nigeria Stalked in the Past. Architecture is Breaking New Ground Daily. I am not sure the Word Unrealistic Comes up overseas. I am sure if Some1 in Nigeria had brought up the Idea of Eiffel Tower to be built in Nigeria, all the People with so many Educational Degrees will say its Unrealistic and a waste of Money. why build something that is Unrealistic or something no one will leave in. Today that Master Piece rakes in as Much Money to France as our Current Crude Oil Situation, and it does that by just been and Architectural Piece. Nothing Else.

3 Likes

Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by mufutau55(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2016
@Skimanski

Oga mi, I no see this thread before.. may be because I have been missing for few days.. I go go read from the beginning o. Thank you very much.

Hajji M.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by epropertymaster(m): 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
Good, i commend you for your educative statement.
Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Mistakes Architects Make And Should Be Avoided by fuludu: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
Civil engineer are always conclusively speed of light bolt to judge architects. I feel u are been judgemental . as a professional u are nothing suppose to be negative because u are looking for clients to throw jobs ur way. Ur level of professionalism is myopic.

My name is Osarenkhoe Osayanmon and am a Civil Engineer with enough experience in design and building. I have worked as a building consultant for some time now and supervised some projects on my own from start to finish. I want to share my experience and ideas with you guys. I can be reached via 08068280130 anytime.

I end up correcting 70% of any architectural drawing given to me to develop. The reason is because architect drawings are almost always not achievable or realistic.
Yeah they look so beautiful on paper and their 3d awesome.

Stay tuned and pick no offence but learn[/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Apartment For Rent Lagos Nigeria - Flats For Rent Lagos / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) / Inside N1,080,000,000 Banana Island Lagos Mansion (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.