Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? (6082 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Ribadu - Nigeria Buys Black Market Weapons To Fight Boko Haram / Ribadu - Nigeria’s Sinking Ship And The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by canuck(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ribadu appears to possess the will and gumpsion to get things done - two qualities our leaders lack.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Dede1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2009
Nigerians will never fail to amaze me. I could not believe the fact that the misguided sentiments that gave rise to previous corrupt leaders of the cesspit called Nigeria are being showered on Nuhu Ribadu.

Nuhu Ribadu is human fraud and con artist. A police man who had never successfully apprehended and persecuted a common criminal was promoted three to two ranks higher than his course mates and never question the motives behind such out of sequence promotion.

Anybody reaching for what he or she could not afford has a character issue. It has been allegedly reported that Ribadu borrowed 45 million naira from a father in-law to purchase a house in an exclusive zip code in Abuja. How does he intend to pay back this borrowed money? I hope it is not from services of the Nigerian Police Force. My people say that one-eye person is indebted to blindness.

Poor Nuhu Ribadu lacked self-esteem, self-criticism and judgment. It is funny that Ribadu is on the run and refused to appear before the court citing reasons of personal security or lack thereof. The dude clinging to the issue of lack of personal security in Nigeria worked in the Nigerian Police Force for more than 12 years as a high ranking officer and he never saw the needs to improve the security of fellow Nigerian who stood as an accused.

Nuhu Ribadu is naked hypocrite. I had rather vote for a criminal than a known hypocrite.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
Dede1:

Nigerians will never fail to amaze me. I could not believe the fact that the misguided sentiments that gave rise to previous corrupt leaders of the cesspit called Nigeria are being showered on Nuhu Ribadu.

Nuhu Ribadu is human fraud and con artist. A police man who had never successfully apprehended and persecuted a common criminal was promoted three to two ranks higher than his course mates and never question the motives behind such out of sequence promotion.

Anybody reaching for what he or she could not afford has a character issue. It has been allegedly reported that Ribadu borrowed 45 million naira from a father in-law to purchase a house in an exclusive zip code in Abuja. How does he intend to pay back this borrowed money? I hope it is not from services of the Nigerian Police Force. My people say that one-eye person is indebted to blindness.

Poor Nuhu Ribadu lacked self-esteem, self-criticism and judgment. It is funny that Ribadu is on the run and refused to appear before the court citing reasons of personal security or lack thereof. The dude clinging to the issue of lack of personal security in Nigeria worked in the Nigerian Police Force for more than 12 years as a high ranking officer and he never saw the needs to improve the security of fellow Nigerian who stood as an accused.

Nuhu Ribadu is naked hypocrite. I had rather vote for a criminal than a known hypocrite.

Well said.
Like i said earlier, he is a great guy and i think he can be good, but he has allowed himself to be used and such a man scares me
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2009
I thought Soludo was the next Obama.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by larez(m): 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
I will not only support Ribadu but mobilize myself and everyone I know to support him actively. Ribadu never convicted any innocent person and noone with all their mighty big cash could pin any act of criminality on him. A Fashola/Ribadu ticket will be the best catalyst for change in Nigeria. But Tinubu won't like that though.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by larez(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2009
Dede1:

Dede, the only people who make statements like yours are the criminal looter of Nigeria. You keep making allegations and provide no proof. With all the toes Ribadu stepped on, and all the cash those criminals control, he is now smelling like a sweet Rose that they can't even find the slightest crime to hang him on. We only hear rumours and innuendos. Ribadu has challenged you guys to prove any allegations against him. Why aren't you working on that? Shame on you and your types.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by ezeagu(m): 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
afam4eva:

I thought Soludo was the next Obama.

You guys haven't actually stated what Obama has done in the first place to warrant a comparison with a Nigerian politician.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by SapeleGuy: 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2009
Please list Obama's achievements?
Obama is a gifted orator, we already have plenty of those unfortunately our situation requires more than marathon talkers.

Nigeria needs doers.
Cue Donald Duke.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by chidichris(m): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
Indeed not being sentimental,Ribadu is a kind of man we need in this country.I stongly believe in him.
He has proved his intelligence,courage ,mettle, and desire to serve this country.The empire of his enemies will one day crumble that is my prayer.

@masky99,
u are right. ribadu was able to arrest alams and balogun who were jailed for six months or less while internet scammers were jailed for 360 years. he is the type of pretender nigeria needs because we have decided to go backward instead of forward.
this kind of man that allowed the likes of bode george, borrishade, andy uba, tony annenih and other national criminals to flourish while making noise about state governors who were against his boss.

can any of u pro-ribadu group say it out that corruption during the obj administration was on the low compared to before his administration.

nigerian leaders are doomed and are dark minded persons hence another ribadu madness to help us achieve our backward madness.

let one of you tell us that security, roads, power supply, educational system, electorial system under ribadu was a good news because of his efforts.

can one of u tell us what an average nigerian benefitted from the so called obama.

by the way, what is obama known for? the first black president or , ?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by femo2000(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2009
1 Chief Obafemi Awolowo
2 Gen Yakubu Gowon
3 Idiagbon
4 Chief M.K.O
5 Nuhu Ribadu
6 Babatunde Fashola

Nos 5 and 6 are the only current visible hope, their fire should not be quenched smiley
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by edwinagili: 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2009
Nuhu Ribadu,-- Obama? Abeg make we hear word.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by larez(m): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2009
chidichris:

@masky99,
u are right. ribadu was able to arrest alams and balogun who were jailed for six months or less while internet scammers were jailed for 360 years. he is the type of pretender nigeria needs because we have decided to go backward instead of forward.
this kind of man that allowed the likes of bode george, borrishade, andy uba, tony annenih and other national criminals to flourish while making noise about state governors who were against his boss.

can any of u pro-ribadu group say it out that corruption during the obj administration was on the low compared to before his administration.

nigerian leaders are doomed and are dark minded persons hence another ribadu madness to help us achieve our backward madness.

let one of you tell us that security, roads, power supply, educational system, electorial system under ribadu was a good news because of his efforts.

can one of u tell us what an average nigerian benefitted from the so called obama.

by the way, what is obama known for? the first black president or , ?

Why do these criminal minds continue to insult our collective intelligence? Okonjo Iweala, and the now rebrander of Nigeria were bright stars amongst quite a few under Obasanjo. Ribadu was another one as well. The World Bank for the first time in History since Independence upgraded the status of Nigeria only because of Ribadu. Business started coming to Nigeria and felt like the environment had become better. Now they are all packing up and moving to Ghana.

How dare you ask such an infantile question? If Ribadu were still here, thousands of new jobs will have come to Nigeria to employ the poor and better their lives. Let's keep it real and stop trying to justify your rogue bosses. Noone since democracy came back to Nigeria has had as much impact as Nuhu Ribadu. Now he is getting the esteem that he deserves in the International forum. I am glad that there are a lot of Nigerians as well as foreigners who know to respect merit and give it what it deserves. People like you are indeed why Nigeria keeps going backwards. Just who funds you? Oh I see, you are one of the affected 419ers. I hope Ribadu comes back and cleans house for real. I do not know this man personally, but he has earned my respect and admiration tremendously.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Fhemmmy: 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
femo2000:

1 Chief Obafemi Awolowo
2 Gen Yakubu Gowon
3 Idiagbon
4 Chief M.K.O
5 Nuhu Ribadu
6 Babatunde Fashola

Nos 5 and 6 are the only current visible hope, their fire should not be quenched smiley

You are missing number 7 and that is Fhemmmy.
I am not sure if Nuhu could rule Nigeria and be good at it.
But Fashola, i think can do a good job, but can he rule a nation so divided? it is not like Lagos oh.
But i am sure that Fhemmmy will get the job done.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by cre8tivity(f): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2009
i don't know what to say or where to go,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by cre8tivity(f): 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2009
last friday, nuhu ribadu addressed the national assembly of southern sudan in juba. he mainly focused on governance, ethics and anti-corruption reforms.
ribadu is ribadu while obama is obama. no need to compare the 2. different countries, different standard, different laws and different people to lead.
may God bless him
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by samtek(m): 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ribadu is a very clever man, just like babagida, abdusalam. That he is clever never made anyone God-sent.
He has d will to get things done, True talk, but which of the past head of state or president dont? Nigeria never lacked ppl wit d will 2 gt tins done but d pt is wot dey re getting done.
As EFCC boss Ribadu not one of the ppl he arrested did not deserve it, dey all did bt there were plenty others who also deserved it and wld'nt get it. He was only a pun in another mans game. I fear that wen the game becoms his, he might be unstoppable. Was Obj not a corrupt leader? If he was for real why didn't he raise an eye brown what happened to the likes of lucky igbinedion, ibori, bode george? How come those prosecuted were those who Obj saw as a threat or wanted out of his way?
My naija ppl get real.
He might be d next Nigeria president ooh. But i tell u DON'T EXPECT A MESSIAH.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Fhemmmy: 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2009
Well, said, but i doubt his ability to rule Nija, he might be able to run the force oh, but not Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by playahP(m): 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
HAHAHA, IS THIS NOT PART OF THE RE-BRANDING NIGERIA THING,

SOME OFFICIAL IDIOT POSTED THIS AND YOU ARE ALL FALLING.

ribadu tried but he was used for political motives and no major arrests were made.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by ToToChoper: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2009
. . . . . .exactly what happens if Ribadu is President would be a better question?

I'm quite sure the implication of this thought festers in the consciousness of those who continue to exploit our country. . . . . multinational corporations. . . . . those strong men or women in power. . . . the "untouchables". . . . even our so called self-proclaimed GOOD poliTHIEicians who like the money changers at the airport have also mastered the art of making money disappear into thin air. . . . . . . POOF!!!. . . into some account or investment in faraway lands.

Besides his potential, the reality is the powers that be makes Ribadu's presidential aspirations highly impractical in our Nigeria. Why?

a. The language of our politics is mired in padi padi government:
"Do for me. . .I do for you. . . God no vex". He has never been a politician in Nigeria which severely adds to his disadvantage.

b. Defiled untouchables disposed to seeking coyish or brazen vindication:  
And you expect the likes of Tafa Balogun, Alams, Ibori, Orji Kalu, Lucky Igbinedion, Chimaroke Nnamani, Joshua Dariye, etc to sit with arms folded during this occurence.  

c. Our electoral system:
This is a no-brainer. Have we forgotten how Yaradua came into power? Forget your votes as Nigeria's next president has already been SELECTED!!!

d. Lessons from Murtala Muhammed:
As head of state Murtala was a man of idealism. . . . charismatic yet humble. Like Ribadu, he was destined to bring back the country from its abyss of corruption. Unfortunately he suffered the same tragic death as Abraham Lincoln which placed obasanjo in power.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by chyk91(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
i dont think ribadu will ever be president of naija.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by PurestBoy(m): 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2009
Yes I support Ribadu for President but will they allow him to get there? This is the question we should ask ourselves
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Obotte(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2009
@“Nigeria needs an enlightened leader who can inspire confidence in Nigerians, whom Nigerians will be proud of, and who genuinely wants to transform the country,” he declared.

True talk.

@Post. The corrupt forces in Nigeria will not allow that to happen.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by reindeer: 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2009
He'll have my support cos i know the guy didnt go after any innocent!
Im sure the only reason he didnt do more was cos he was held back by his 'oga'.I can imagine him doing more when hes calling all the shots.
I can understand why some people are so against him, iyt wont be business as usual for corrupt leaders and those who eat from the crumbs on their table.
I only hope its possible in Nigeria.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Depilot(m): 12:32am On Aug 07, 2009
To be an effective president one must completely understand politics, one must obey the laws, one must respect human rights under all conditions, one must be able to view problems and solve problems broadly, one must not be selective, one must be able to check his or her emotion, one must not crave for power and one must not be power-drunk.

I agree that Ribadu may become the next Obama or president (as anything is possible in Naija), but he isn't going to be an effective president.
But he is still a great Nigerian.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by otukpo(f): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2009
Mowire:

"It is difficult to meet Mallam Nuhu Ribadu without having some sort of likeness for him."

Those who have met the evil genius IBB said (say) the same.

kiss kiss
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by otukpo(f): 9:01am On Aug 07, 2009
i hope this thread is not sponsored.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by otukpo(f): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2009
chyk91:

ur thinking is in order.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by otukpo(f): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2009
larez:

Why do these criminal minds continue to insult our collective intelligence? Okonjo Iweala, and the now rebrander of Nigeria were bright stars amongst quite a few under Obasanjo. Ribadu was another one as well. The World Bank for the first time in History since Independence upgraded the status of Nigeria only because of Ribadu. Business started coming to Nigeria and felt like the environment had become better. Now they are all packing up and moving to Ghana.

How dare you ask such an infantile question? If Ribadu were still here, thousands of new jobs will have come to Nigeria to employ the poor and better their lives. Let's keep it real and stop trying to justify your rogue bosses. Noone since democracy came back to Nigeria has had as much impact as Nuhu Ribadu. Now he is getting the esteem that he deserves in the International forum. I am glad that there are a lot of Nigerians as well as foreigners who know to respect merit and give it what it deserves. People like you are indeed why Nigeria keeps going backwards. Just who funds you? Oh I see, you are one of the affected 419ers. I hope Ribadu comes back and cleans house for real. I do not know this man personally, but he has earned my respect and admiration tremendously.

Why are u taking this ribadu thing too personal. How much have u been paid? grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Jarus(m): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2009
chyk91:

Exactly my thought too. The terrain is too rough and dirty for a Ribadu that is not a professional politician to emerge the candidate of a party strong enough to win presidential election. His greatest chance would have been when Obasanjo was searching for a person to install as successor. Instead of Yar'Adua, he should have installed Ribadu.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by otukpo(f): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2009
I wld prefer a Fashola president any day any time.

Ribadu is fake, a hypocrite, and a human fraud. He can never make a good leader.

Anyway, he can try ruling his home state. As for Nigeria, the ribadumaniacs are dreaming.

attack me for my statement if u like, but u know what, i dont bloody care. i stand for what i believe in any day any time. If it pains u so much, face the concrete wall nearest to u and hit ur head hard on it cry
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Nezan(m): 9:36am On Aug 07, 2009
Ribadu doesn't have a mind of his own. He was greatly raped by the Obasanjo regime to achieve its aim in the 2007 sham elections.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by gent2ken(m): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2009
I WILL NOT BE SILENT ON THIS! IS JUST HOW WE LOOK AND PULL BAD LEADERS ON US IN THAT COUNTRY EVERYTIME, I DONT KNOW IF SOME GUYS HERE ARE JOKING ON WHAT MOSTLY THIS GUT CALL vigasimple,I GUESS HE'S LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FROM THIS RIBADU OR WHAT IS THE NAME BECOS WHY WILL YOU STAND BEFORE NIGERIA AND SAID THIS TO US AS IF WE ARE YOUR TOY IN YOUR PALOUR,OR THE ONE YOUR KIDS PLAY WITH.

IT IS WISE FOR YOU TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH UP AND IF YOU ARE UP TO SOMETHING LET THAT BE YOUR SECRETE IDEA THAN TELLING NIGERIANS WHAT TO THIS, MR vigasimple I BET YOU ARE NOT A GOOD NIGERIA POSIBLE IF YOU ARE ANY CHANCE BE A LEADER PEOPLE SHOULD BE GOOD AWARE OF YOU. PEOPLE ARE THERE ROUTING IN HUNGER,POVERTY EVERYWHERE,LOOK AT COUNTRY BESIDE YOU AND SEE HOW GOOD THEY ARE DOING,HOW COULD YOU NOW STAND BEFORE US AND BE TELLING US RIBADU IS GOOD ALL BECOS YOU LIST THE GOOD HE DID TO COVER UP HIMSELF FOR DAYS LIKE THIS OUT YEARS HE SPEND WITH OUR PROPERTIES,THE REST ARE OF HIS SELFISH ACT AND ON FAVIOUR ON HIS BOSS ""BROSS OBJ MONKEY"

DO WE HAVE TO LOOK ALL THE TIME,AND THIS PEOPLE ARE KILLING US SILENTLY. WHY ARE WE AFRAID TO DIE? WHY ARE WE SCARED? WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE FOOL OF US? WHY THINGS ARE LIKE THIS IN OUR COUNTRY? WHAT IS OUR PROBLEM? WHY CANT WE TALK? WHEN WILL THE STORM OVER IN NIGERIA?

why is he running about and scared of coming to naija? where was he when obj, iyabo, andy uba, bode george, tony anenih , ahmadu ali, peter odili etc were milking d nation dry!

IF RIBADU COULD CARRY OUT ORDERS OR USES HIS POWER ALL THE SAKE OF OBASANJO SELFISHNESS,WEEKEDNESS,MADNESS,AROGANT AND SATISFACTION. HA HA HA HA JUST BECOS OF 1PERSON YOU TURN OFF NIGERIA, WHAT NAMES DO WE CALL PERSON LIKE THAT? "BETRAYER" WHY DO WE HAVE TO ASKED A BETRAYER OR THINK OF HIM TO RULE US JUST LIKE THE WAY OBJ BETRAY YORUBA'S. AS FOR OTHERS ON THIS SITE KINDLY LET HAVE A STRAIGHT THINKING, IF THERE'S NO1 ELSE AGAIN LET TRY OTHER PARTY, STOP THIS FAMILY THING & AS FOR YOU"vigasimple" DONT DARE TO REPLY ME, OK" RIBADU IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND" NOT EVEN IN NIGERIA, I REST MY COMMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fg Must Be Tough On Boko Haram – Israeli Envoy / Breaking: Sen. Kwankwaso Declines To Contest For Senate A Second Time, Cedes PDP / Breaking News: Ize-iyamu Leading By Wide Margin In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.