Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? (6088 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Ribadu - Nigeria Buys Black Market Weapons To Fight Boko Haram / Ribadu - Nigeria’s Sinking Ship And The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by GP15: 2:03am On Aug 02, 2009
It is difficult to meet Mallam Nuhu Ribadu without having some sort of likeness for him. I saw the embattled pioneer chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for the first time at a ‘state of the nation’ symposium organised by the Nigerian Liberty Forum at the Metropolitan University, London, on May 29, 2009. A man whose slender frame and boyish looks often mask his lion heart and iron resolve, Mallam Ribadu easily stole the show at the gathering. He was literally mobbed as he entered the hall, and as he stood to speak, almost everyone, as if by some sort of invisible instigation, stoop up in respect, and remained standing for a long time.

I was never a fan of Nuhu Ribadu’s methods as the EFCC chairman. I still hold the EFCC under his watch partly responsible for the joke that was the 2007 elections. I had written about his recent travails as a comeuppance for his misdeeds as chairman of the financial crimes buster. I had strongly disagreed with arguments that he meant well despite his obvious excesses, noting that even the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Mallam Ribadu spoke on Nigerian unity, making what some people would regard as a populist appeal for Nigerians to overcome their differences and come together to reclaim the Nigerian state from a corrupt and visionless elite. He argued that there was really no substantial difference in the needs and aspirations of ordinary Nigerians, irrespective of their ethnicities and other primordial differences, because “all they ask for are the basic necessities of life.” For Ribadu, the Nigerian elites like to harp on the differences among Nigerians, because it is in their interest to do so, to “keep us divided”. He called himself a simple Fulani man, whose role model had always been Gani Fawehinmi, a man he said he would name Abuja after, if he had his way. He rhetorically asked, to thunderous applause, whether we are being fair to the likes of Wole Soyinka and Anthony Enahoro, who had given over 50 years of their life in the struggle to make Nigeria better, but are still forced to remain in active service because the problems of the country appear to remain intractable.

I respected Mallam Ribadu for not using the forum to get back to the Nigerian government, his current traducers. He wisely focused on positive messages, admitting that mistakes were made when he was boss of EFCC. There was something about the way he spoke that touched most people in the audience, including those of us who are his ardent critics. It was easy to believe that he spoke from his heart rather than from his head.

As Mallam Ribadu spoke, I noticed that a Nigerian lady sitting next to me was struggling to hold back her tears. “This is a very honest man, a very rare Nigerian”, she muttered, more to herself. I tried to engage her in a discussion. I agreed that Nuhu was obviously an honest man, who meant well and had a lot of passion for the job he did as EFCC chairman. I however disagreed that his good intentions were enough excuses for some of his unacceptable methods. Her facial expression changed as if I had uttered a heresy.
“Whether any one likes it or not, he will be our next president”, she muttered and moved farther away from me as if to clearly indicate that she did not want to pursue that discussion any further.

Nuhu Ribadu for president? Though not his supporter, I have always believed firmly that in Nigeria’s game of musical chairs, his rehabilitation would be only a matter of time, and his traducers would inevitably one day take their own turn of being painted as villains. This is one of the iron laws of our politics: there are no permanent messiahs or permanent villains. Just think of Abacha, the poster boy of Nigerian dictatorship and corruption, and the efforts made not long ago by a section of the country to rehabilitate him.

In the Tube (underground train) on my way home from the symposium, I found myself standing next to three gentlemen who had apparently also attended the event. The discussion was again on Nuhu Ribadu.

“He is very inspirational. He is our Obama”, one of the three men, who looked Caucasian to me, declared. I decided to barge into the discussion but resisted the temptation to ask the gentleman if he was indeed Nigerian. I asked whether the genius of Obama was because he was inspirational or because he was post-racial, and a reconciler, with wisdom and good organisational sense.

“Nigeria needs an enlightened leader who can inspire confidence in Nigerians, whom Nigerians will be proud of, and who genuinely wants to transform the country,” he declared.
I agreed that Ribadu inspires confidence and will make a genuine effort to transform Nigeria if he becomes president of the country but again expressed concerns about his democratic credentials. I reminded them that when he was boss of the EFCC he virtually kidnapped or forced some House of Assembly members in Plateau state to impeach their Governor. I also reminded the three gentle men that during the 2007 elections Ribadu appeared to sit in his office and decide people to disqualify from running for office before finding evidence against them.

I don’t think you will vote for him, will you? Your question to the founder of Sahara Reporters [the online blog] gave you away”, the bulkiest of the three, with obvious Nigerian features asked, with a smile of superior wisdom. I had asked Omoyele Sowore if he ever saw anything good in the Nigerian government. I also accused him of appearing to romanticise the Niger Delta militants, and of failing to distinguish between the cause they espouse (which most Nigerians support) and their methods (which many find abhorrent).

Home >> Politics

Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama?

By:
Jideofor Adibe
pcjadibe@yahoo.com

It is difficult to meet Mallam Nuhu Ribadu without having some sort of likeness for him. I saw the embattled pioneer chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for the first time at a ‘state of the nation’ symposium organised by the Nigerian Liberty Forum at the Metropolitan University, London, on May 29, 2009. A man whose slender frame and boyish looks often mask his lion heart and iron resolve, Mallam Ribadu easily stole the show at the gathering. He was literally mobbed as he entered the hall, and as he stood to speak, almost everyone, as if by some sort of invisible instigation, stoop up in respect, and remained standing for a long time.

I was never a fan of Nuhu Ribadu’s methods as the EFCC chairman. I still hold the EFCC under his watch partly responsible for the joke that was the 2007 elections. I had written about his recent travails as a comeuppance for his misdeeds as chairman of the financial crimes buster. I had strongly disagreed with arguments that he meant well despite his obvious excesses, noting that even the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Mallam Ribadu spoke on Nigerian unity, making what some people would regard as a populist appeal for Nigerians to overcome their differences and come together to reclaim the Nigerian state from a corrupt and visionless elite. He argued that there was really no substantial difference in the needs and aspirations of ordinary Nigerians, irrespective of their ethnicities and other primordial differences, because “all they ask for are the basic necessities of life.” For Ribadu, the Nigerian elites like to harp on the differences among Nigerians, because it is in their interest to do so, to “keep us divided”. He called himself a simple Fulani man, whose role model had always been Gani Fawehinmi, a man he said he would name Abuja after, if he had his way. He rhetorically asked, to thunderous applause, whether we are being fair to the likes of Wole Soyinka and Anthony Enahoro, who had given over 50 years of their life in the struggle to make Nigeria better, but are still forced to remain in active service because the problems of the country appear to remain intractable.

I respected Mallam Ribadu for not using the forum to get back to the Nigerian government, his current traducers. He wisely focused on positive messages, admitting that mistakes were made when he was boss of EFCC. There was something about the way he spoke that touched most people in the audience, including those of us who are his ardent critics. It was easy to believe that he spoke from his heart rather than from his head.

As Mallam Ribadu spoke, I noticed that a Nigerian lady sitting next to me was struggling to hold back her tears. “This is a very honest man, a very rare Nigerian”, she muttered, more to herself. I tried to engage her in a discussion. I agreed that Nuhu was obviously an honest man, who meant well and had a lot of passion for the job he did as EFCC chairman. I however disagreed that his good intentions were enough excuses for some of his unacceptable methods. Her facial expression changed as if I had uttered a heresy.
“Whether any one likes it or not, he will be our next president”, she muttered and moved farther away from me as if to clearly indicate that she did not want to pursue that discussion any further.

Nuhu Ribadu for president? Though not his supporter, I have always believed firmly that in Nigeria’s game of musical chairs, his rehabilitation would be only a matter of time, and his traducers would inevitably one day take their own turn of being painted as villains. This is one of the iron laws of our politics: there are no permanent messiahs or permanent villains. Just think of Abacha, the poster boy of Nigerian dictatorship and corruption, and the efforts made not long ago by a section of the country to rehabilitate him.

In the Tube (underground train) on my way home from the symposium, I found myself standing next to three gentlemen who had apparently also attended the event. The discussion was again on Nuhu Ribadu.

“He is very inspirational. He is our Obama”, one of the three men, who looked Caucasian to me, declared. I decided to barge into the discussion but resisted the temptation to ask the gentleman if he was indeed Nigerian. I asked whether the genius of Obama was because he was inspirational or because he was post-racial, and a reconciler, with wisdom and good organisational sense.

“Nigeria needs an enlightened leader who can inspire confidence in Nigerians, whom Nigerians will be proud of, and who genuinely wants to transform the country,” he declared.
I agreed that Ribadu inspires confidence and will make a genuine effort to transform Nigeria if he becomes president of the country but again expressed concerns about his democratic credentials. I reminded them that when he was boss of the EFCC he virtually kidnapped or forced some House of Assembly members in Plateau state to impeach their Governor. I also reminded the three gentle men that during the 2007 elections Ribadu appeared to sit in his office and decide people to disqualify from running for office before finding evidence against them.

“I don’t think you will vote for him, will you? Your question to the founder of Sahara Reporters [the online blog] gave you away”, the bulkiest of the three, with obvious Nigerian features asked, with a smile of superior wisdom. I had asked Omoyele Sowore if he ever saw anything good in the Nigerian government. I also accused him of appearing to romanticise the Niger Delta militants, and of failing to distinguish between the cause they espouse (which most Nigerians support) and their methods (which many find abhorrent).

“Look brother”, began the third man, “we Nigerians made Obama President of the United States. More than 25 percent of the people who organised and knocked on doors for Obama are Nigerians. Nuhu is not perfect. But do you think any of the people currently being touted as presidential candidates in Nigeria will be better than Nuhu”. He had a slight Igbo accent.

I agreed with him that if Nuhu ever becomes Nigeria’s president, it would never be business as usual and that he will be prepared to give his life to make a difference. I however once again reiterated my concern about his antecedents, including a tendency to be carried away by emotions.

As we disembarked and went our different ways, what became obvious to me is that Nigerians have not heard the last of Nuhu Ribadu.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Jarus(m): 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2009
Much has been said about this guy. I personally believe the guy had good intentions but was used by Obasanjo.
Ribadu may not be perfect(and who is?) but I think a Ribadu presidency will not be business as usual. Instead of Yar'adua, why didn't Obj even give us Ribadu?
I doubt if he can get there again.

This article further reinforces my opinion on Ribadu.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by damola1: 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ribadu, Obama?,

Not a bad idea, for presidency, Not at all, he's the credentials, the kind of records that you might not find anywhere else in Nigeria, except of course the NAFDAC lady,

Makes sense, Ribadu, presdient, makes sense, At least, more and more corrupt officials will be jailed or hanged, really makes sense,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by MrCrackles(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
Not sure about this one. . . . . undecided
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2009
Am an unapologetic fan of Mr. Ribadau. He is a man of honesty and intergrity. Lies could endure for a while but the truth will always stand tall. Andooka and the gang of curropt leaders will stand in and give account soon. I have had this reoccuring dream that Ribadau will be President, I beleive God is working on that
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by damola1: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2009
Thinking of it, This is the kind of Guy Nigerians might go all out to vote for,

Like the June 12 thingy, this is the kind of person that might arose such interest, Nigerians might even die for, very very possible.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Epiphany(m): 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2009

[quote][/quote]

Nice article here. I also happen to have a friend and colleague who met Ribadu somewhere in Oxford where he apparently was involved in some academic fellowship. He said that he met Ribadu walking down a street on the way to dryclean some of his clothes. He said that initially he was unsure if it was the same 'high and mighty' Ribadu he was looking at but he quietly called out to him just in case. 'Nuhu', and lo and behold, Ribadu turned and answered. My colleague said that he was so gobsmacked when after relating to Ribadu for a few minutes, he realized that Ribadu had an almost 'childish' quality about him. Unassuming, innocent-like, friendly and very very open. My guy got the impression that Ribadu was speaking from his heart and not his head. Needless to say, he was invited to accompany Ribadu to his initial destination and later, back to his self contained flat for a light snack and further discussions. He eventually said that it will be difficult for anyone not to like Ribadu

While many of us have our opinions and reservations about Ribadu, i would first of all like to say that yes, he may not be completely innocent. In fact, i am of the opinion that none of our politicians is innocent of one or two attricities committed while in government. The way Nigeria is going now, is such that we will have to choose from the best of the worst - and this is where people like Ribadu, el-Rufai and a few others come in. It is not expected that whoever becomes a President in the near future is completely innocent because that will be difficult. Almost like someone going into a brothel, hoping to pay for sex with a virgin.

Based on your post above, concerning his democratic credentials, i am of the opinion that what Ribadu did may have been absolutely necessary. There are some people who we hear of today that I personally would disqualify from any elections, even before i can find any evidence against them. Otherwise concerning your issues with his kidnapping or forcing the HoA members to impeach a governor, i see nothing wrong with doing that especially if because of the 'immunity' clause, that particuar governor could not be indicted for some wrongdoings. I see nothing wrong with that as it is not something that the CIA, FBI or MI5 could not have done when trying to prosecute someone who did wrong.

Well, let us look to the future to see if Ribadu will be part of it. Personally, i think Ribadu and el-Rufai will make excellent leaders and will be akin to what and who Idiagbon and Buhari were. Strict, Decisive and . . .
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Kabikala(m): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ribadu remains a great pretender.
An evidence of this is the fact that he had never regarded Obasanjo as corrupt even when the evidence is glaring even after he left office. In addition, he never saw anything wrong with the apparent immunity he offered Obasanjo's acolytes like Andy Ubah and Bode George.
As far as I am concerned, this is a guy that tried his best to please Obasanjo, and he really did well in that wise.
Obama ko, Osama ni!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by hollandis(f): 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2009
Kabikala:

Ribadu remains a great pretender.
An evidence of this is the fact that he had never regarded Obasanjo as corrupt even when the evidence is glaring. Even after he left office, he never saw anything wrong with the apparent immunity he offered Obasanjo's favourites like Andy Ubah and Bode George.
As far as I am concerned, this is a guy that tried his best to please Obasanjo, and he really did well in that wise.
Obama ko, Osama ni!
Thank you jare

I wonder why this nonsense should be on the front page. angry
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by otukpo(f): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2009
PROPAGANDA!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by vigasimple(m): 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2009
I am still waiting for anyone to show me an illegally gotten wealth or assets of RIBADU. Very few Nigerians in and out of politics can lay claim to that especailly when you are high and mighty and have access to everything and have actually being offered $150million bribe in cash, refused and turn in for state evidence against a governor of a state in Nigeria.

Investigate and Prosecute succesful first in the History of any major country in Africa a sitting inspector of Police and got conviction.

To me, one of the rear best thing to have to Nigeria is RIBADU EFCC, remember the saying cabck then 'the fear of Efcc is the beginning of wisdom'. Nigerians especially the elites fro the second time apart from Idiagbon regime have fears for th consequences of their actions. Now since he was removed dishonestly by YAR A'LIAR (pretenting he is being sent for KURU training),  CAN ANYONE TELLS ME WHAT WAZIRI EFCC  has done to either YAR A'LIAR's enemy or OBJ friend's. At least we hear selsctive justices during RIBADU to people who are found guilty by the courts not innocents ones.

All WAZIRI, AOODAONKA and IBORI with YAR A'CLUELESS has achieve is plea bargaining. you steal some billions, pay back millions. Do the maths, CRIME AND CORRUPTION  under WAZIRI and YAR A'FAILURE PAYS BIG TIME.

Now, if Bigeria is a normal country we would prosecute everyone with rule of law, but Nigeria is a country that THIEVES  ARE CELEBRATED, so you need a different mode for different situation, RIBADU style may not nbe prettyy but that was the only effective ways to get rid of corruption and corrupted people.

I dare say that If our Lord Jesus Christ or Prophet Mohammed (my peace be upon him) were to come to Nigeria, they will still find something against him. That is the nature of Corupted people, they will fight back and look for excuses.

As far as I am concerned I will take RIBADU one million times before
YAR A'DO NOTHING . I will even vote for him with all my families with my ten fingers.

let us call a spade a spade, OUR LEADERS ARE AWFUL FOR SUCH A LONG TIME. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

GIVE ME RIBADU, I WLL GET THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO VOTE  FOR HIM.

FORGET TRIBAL PROBLEM, CORRUPTION IS OUR NUMBER ONE PROBLEM IN NIGERIA
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by hollandis(f): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2009
vigasimple:

I am still waiting for anyone to show me an illegally gotten wealth or assets of RIBADU. Very few Nigerians in and out of politics can lay claim to that especailly when you are high and mighty and have access to everything and have actually being offered $150million bribe in cash, refused and turn in for state evidence against a governor of a state in Nigeria.

Investigate and Prosecute succesful first in the History of any major country in Africa a sitting inspector of Police and got conviction.

To me, one of the rear best thing to have to Nigeria is RIBADU EFCC, remember the saying cabck then 'the fear of Efcc is the beginning of wisdom'. Nigerians especially the elites fro the second time apart from Idiagbon regime have fears for th consequences of their actions. Now since he was removed dishonestly by YAR A'LIAR (pretenting he is being sent for KURU training),  CAN ANYONE TELLS ME WHAT WAZIRI EFCC  has done to either YAR A'LIAR's enemy or OBJ friend's. At least we hear selsctive justices during RIBADU to people who are found guilty by the courts not innocents ones.

All WAZIRI, AOODAONKA and IBORI with YAR A'CLUELESS has achieve is plea bargaining. you steal some billions, pay back millions. Do the maths, CRIME AND CORRUPTION  under WAZIRI and YAR A'FAILURE PAYS BIG TIME.

Now, if Bigeria is a normal country we would prosecute everyone with rule of law, but Nigeria is a country that THIEVES  ARE CELEBRATED, so you need a different mode for different situation, RIBADU style may not nbe prettyy but that was the only effective ways to get rid of corruption and corrupted people.

I dare say that If our Lord Jesus Christ or Prophet Mohammed (my peace be upon him) were to come to Nigeria, they will still find something against him. That is the nature of Corupted people, they will fight back and look for excuses.

As far as I am concerned I will take RIBADU one million times before
YAR A'DO NOTHING . I will even vote for him with all my families with my ten fingers.

let us call a spade a spade, OUR LEADERS ARE AWFUL FOR SUCH A LONG TIME. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

GIVE ME RIBADU, I WLL GET THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO VOTE  FOR HIM.

FORGET TRIBAL PROBLEM, CORRUPTION IS OUR NUMBER ONE PROBLEM IN NIGERIA

Who sponsored you?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by frag(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
I think alot of him.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Becomrich: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2009
No way. never. he lock up 90% southerners while 70% of those who commit govt fraud were from the north. That is a red light. Nuru have not shift me to his side.

And you are only dreaming , do you see the satellite picture, Kano is about the same size as Ikorodu,  So Nuru Ribadu would not win. And with the way he arrested southerner and He refused to arrest his people , No way for Nuru Ribadu. Nuru Ribadu needs more to win.

Now why did he not arrest 70% of northerner. May be if Nuru explain better.

I have said they should remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic. This is the only way a northerner stand a chance at the poll.

Nuru Ribadu lack what it takes to be president. Arresting 90% southerner while 70% of the people that commit govt fraud are northerner. Shows you the level of hate in his heart. The mouth can say anything but it is what the action of a man is, that tell you who the man is. NURU RIBADU is what they call over here an Ethnics Profiler. ETHNICS PROFILER CAN NOT BECOME PRESIDENT.

Another reason while Nuru ribadu can not be president is, He lack vision, arresting people is not one of the reason to been president. I would be a better president than Nuru Ribadu. My reason for saying so, is because you know what I stand for. What does Nuru Ribadu stand for? Nothing. Is it arresting people that qualify a person for president. No. it is not.

Crime in Nigeria society is based on the ability of Nigeria leaders to solve the problem and if I am correct. Nuru Ribadu look the other way while Northerner were stealing from the national cake. He arrested 90% southerner, while even the capital of Nigeria is in North, and the figures from the ministry of finance shows that the north take home 70% of that money. I have no confident in Nuru Ribadu.

A president  most have a solution to solve the problem of Nigeria. I even think El Rufia has better vision than Nuru Ribadu, but el rufia have been found too to be corrupt. If El rufia was not found to be corrupt, I think I would have pick him as my vice president running mate.

After looking at Nigeria and the list you people present. I am beginning to think I should run for president.  I can solve the problem of Nigeria. You see to show you lack of vision of your leader. Even when satellite pictures have shown that the south is more than the north. Good leader stand up to the occasion to solve the problem.

I believe I can be president of Nigeria. I believe I can provide you with free health care, free education up to secondary level.

I can pivot the economy to the level of the development world. I have the knowlegde , skill and experience. I think the time to allow mediocre to rule your life should be over. Thieve and pen robbers whose only interest is to steal for you should be over.

I have seen the satellite pictures, I do not think if the united nation count the vote, that I can loss an election.

The issue is having a solution how to solve the problem of Nigeria. I can solve it. I can provide free health care. free education, good road etc. I think this is what people should be looking for , not just because someone is from your ethnics group.

Some of the oilfield that would remain in Nigeria   (70% 0f the oil)
Afam Umuosi,

Alakiri
Afam
Cawthorne Channel          70000 bbl/d
Usan                             180000bpd
Amenam                       184,000
Oguta                             20000bpd
Qua Ibo                        368,000
Ekulama                          50000 bbl/d
Bonny                              371,000
Ubit                          110,000 bbl/d
Asasa                             125,000 bbl/d
Imo River            25,000 bbl/d
Cross River-1
Abana
Ngboko 1 Ngolo 
Agbada

Apara

Akri / Oguta
Adanga

Adanga North

Buguma Creek
Asaramatoru
Adua
Adibawa
Oyo
Oron West
Ikong / Nkuku
Etim
Akpor
Ahia
Otamini
Obele
Oza
Korokoro
Yorla
Tai
Utapate South
Orubiri
Krakama
Okono
Bomu
Yokuru 1
Ubie
Agwe
Agbara

Onne   
Opobo South
Ima   
Ime     
Inanga
Elelenwa
Inim
Mfem
Egbema   
Egbema East   
Egbema South   
Egbema W
Odeama Creek
Kolo Creek
Oshi
Yorla South  Nigeria Open Acreage
Kokori
Isimiri
Anieze
Akpo
Obodo
Obigbo
Obigbo north
Ohaji South
Akamba
Ekpe A   
Ekpe B   
Ekpe WW
Ekeh
Ubeta   
Ubeta Deep Prospect

Ogbogene   
Ogbogene West
Ofon   
Ofon South
Robertkiri
Ameena
Ogbainbiri

Akam
Nkali
Rumuekpe
Akaso
Alaoma
Akuba
Ukot Ukpam
Ukpeme
Bilabri-Orobiri
Bodo West
Bogi
Oghareki
North Oron
Gbaran 1
Samabri   
Samabri East
Bolia
Stubb Creek
Yora
Bella
Dawes Island
Awoba
Chota
Uquo
Iyak   
Iyak SE
Ibibio
Ibigwe   Ibot 1
Obeakpu
Shokoloko
Okpoho
Esuk / Edidiana
Emem   
Enang
Ekanga /  Zafiro
Ikija BB
Unam
Owanare-1
Obagi
Uyai Prospect
Usari
Obiafu
M’Bede
Kalaekule
Izombe
Utue
Kahuna
Oyot
Nkarika
Santa Barbara 1   
Santa Barbara South
Seagull
Idama
Obodugwa
Anyala
Nnwa
Giligili
Ohuru 3
Kita
Kito North
Ebughu and Extensions
Ossu
Egwa
Obodeti

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by masky99: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2009
Indeed not being sentimental,Ribadu is a kind of man we need in this country.I stongly believe in him.
He has proved his intelligence,courage ,mettle, and desire to serve this country.The empire of his enemies will  one day crumble that is my prayer.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by vigasimple(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2009
@ hollandis

I should rather asked who sponsored you. It occurs to me that you are one of the ANTI-GOOD ANYHTING WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE.

Let us look at your allegation against RIBADU, he is political weapon of OBJ so he prosecute and the courts convicted corrupt criminals (whether or not they are OBJ enemies are irrelevant)

Now, your WAZIRI due process has been their now for over a year, please show me one of OBJ's friend he has convicted, why didn't they go after OBJ according to your logic if you think he is corrupt.

Nigerians like you are the reason why this country never moves forward. If w efind good people let us appreciate and celebrate them, as we did madam nafdac until she now start REBRANDING A BRANDLESS CRIMINAL INVESTED NATION.

I WANT TO BE QOUTED 1 MILLION TIMES, CORRUPTION BY OUR 'LEADERS' IS THE MAIN PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY.

Until you fight fire with fire, howsoever you are wasting your time.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Kabikala(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
@vigasimple

Your quote:
Now, your WAZIRI due process has been their now for over a year, please show me one of OBJ's friend he has convicted, why didn't they go after OBJ according to your logic if you think he is corrupt.

I don't understand your argument.

Are you saying Ribadu is necessarily good just because Farida is a total failure?

Are you saying Obasanjo is not corrupt just because this regime has not charged him to court?

If yes, you might also say Babangida is not corrupt as no government has ever charged him to court for corruption.

Ponder on these.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by elektra(f): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
Nigeria's next Obama?, who was the first one?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by oshkosh(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
The day Ribadu is sworn in as President is the day I will finally pack my bags,

AND RETURN TO NIGERIA!

To be an active participant and witness to the much desired social, political and economic revolution that'll follow.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by dawg7o: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
I vote for good governance. In a Country where even to build a good road, you must be corrupt or how else would you get your proposal to leave a clerk's desk?
I think Ribadu did a good job. If he is a pawn, then he is a good one.
I do not know of anybody he convicted that does not deserve the conviction.
Is it fit for president, I don't know. The fact that you are Techinically sound does not make you qualify for the post of a CEO. A CTO may be the best place for your to operate.

I'm not here to attack anybody,  Just making audible my views.

PS: Guys, can we not have a constructive argument without biase and personal attacks?

There won't be much difference between us and those in power if we don't comport ourselves.

Peace
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by SMSguru(m): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2009
I hate to talk about Nigerian politics, politicians, former and current political office holders.

Don't ask me my opinion on Nuhu Ribadu's reign as the EFCC chairman because I will not tell you that the man never did his job very well.

I won't tell you that he was simply used and dumped.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Nonnyl(m): 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ribadu or no ribadu new president must emerge come 2011. But thumbs up 4 ribadu 4 getting all these voters without contesing yet.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Fhemmmy: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2009
I like the guy and i think he will do well, however, for allowing himself to be used by OBJ, i am afraid he will dance to the tune of some people and leave the job undone
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2009
On a lighter note, just learnt some AKA for our president.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by otukpo(f): 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2009
OBAMA : RIBADU
I DONT SEE THE MATCH.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Ibime(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
Nigerias next Obama is Fashola.

Ribadu might be Joe Biden or something. grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by collinx(m): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2009
Unless some certain people or cliques dies in Nigeria, the country will always remain what it is, A HUG CARrICATURE OF WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN. I weep for my country!! cry cry cry cry
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by Mowire: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2009
"It is difficult to meet Mallam Nuhu Ribadu without having some sort of likeness for him."

Those who have met the evil genius IBB said  (say) the same.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by ezeagu(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
Obama. . . . . . . . hasn't done anything special yet. . . . . . . except being half black. undecided
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by olivetree: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ribadu? what a joke. why is he running about and scared of coming to naija? where was he when obj, iyabo, andy uba, bode george, tony anenih , ahmadu ali, peter odili etc were milking d nation dry? make im just go siddon jare. okonjo iweala, obi ezekwesili and few others re better qualified than him.

he shd just forget about goin to places talking andmaking a fool of himself.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by seeme2(f): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2009
Ribadu is young
He is handsome
He is enlightened
He is inspirational
He is educated
He is passionate
He is my own president from this moment on!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama? by rasputinn(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2009
Who be Obama again oooo undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, PDP Northern Govs, Legislators In Secret Meeting / Understanding The Yoruba Sudden Love For The SS Without NAFDAC Approval / Throwback Photo Of Ojukwu Laughing And Hugging A Biafran Old Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.