Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert (11036 Views)

Photo of a goat tied to a tree roasted alive during weekend's Boko haram attack / GEJ's Arrival To Eko Hotel Had Many Car Tyres Deflated (Read Complains) / Ambode Stops To Buy Boli (Roasted Plantain) As APC Rallies In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2009
Dude thanks.
It's not my fault that they all assumed inorganic acid or battery acid when i said "acid".

If they paid any attention in high school we wouldn't be arguing here today.

Soon they'll claim i'm the same person as silenttalk .
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Thor(m): 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
Surely you mean carbolic acid?

Now if that was the case it would still be toxic, but it would kill off the germs from the shitty hands of the cook so there would be some benefit  grin grin
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2009
@
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Beaf: 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2009
tensor777:

what has using vinegar to flavour meat got to do with the topic of using burning tyres as a source of fuel to roast goats?

. . . Because, maggi is a form of salt. grin grin grin
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2009
Thats like from fry pan to fire. . .i prefer the germs my brother. . .
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Thor(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2009
tensor777:

@thor
what has using vinegar to flavour meat got to do with the topic of using burning tyres as a source of fuel to roaast goats

What has vinegar got to do with Carbolic Acid?

Vinegar = acetic acid grin
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by mustafar1: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2009
oh lord have mercy. . . so this acid = royco chicken cube debate still dey on.
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Thor(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2009
must_a_far:

What has Chicken got to do with Goats?
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Beaf: 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2009
This is how Boko Haram started o! Tudor said maggi is a form of salt!

Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by mustafar1: 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
you can decipher it if you wish to know. . . or you prefer for me to have said, acid = royco beef cube?
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by silenttalk: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2009
Yes,
By clarifying the Mallam using Acid (Vinegar) issue, we can go on with the discussion about the tyre for goat roasting which is an extremely important health issue.

The thing here is that, we having individuals doing things with a creative mindset, albeit unawares of the longterm implication as regards their health.

The guys using the tires do so, because they know the amount of heat, combustion of tires generate. They fail to realise how much toxic fumes also get generated. And most times, defend it with the usual "African man no dey die" concept.

An alternative could be using refined coal to achieve the same combustion energy.

Also, the vinegar, pawpaw leaves, pineapple and other tenderizers aside the flavourings are nice ways to reduce the cooking time, ensuring that limited fuels are used in the cooking process while providing us with readily digestible proteins.
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2009
must_a_far:

I would think you meant to say "oh allah" - that would be a paradox coz mercy isn't exactly the forte of that blood sucking demon.
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Thor(m): 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
silenttalk:

An alternative could be using refined coal to achieve the same combustion energy.

LMAO grin grin

From one poison to another, that will be a great help grin grin
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by silenttalk: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2009
And yes, Maggi is a form of salt.

Maggi, Knorr, Royco, A-one, all have the same ingredient in common. MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE. It is a salt created by Sodium and the Glutamic acid (An amino acid).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

Once again the issue is about explanation.

SALT = ACID + BASE

Common salt is what we use for cooking (Sodium chloride)
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
Beaf:

This is how Boko Haram started o! Tudor said maggi is a form of salt!
Err professor of maggiology in Boko Haram university, pls enlighten us. . . .what sort of compound is maggi?

All pls listen to prof. Beaf  Bsc, Msc, Mphil,Phd, Bharam e.t.c
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Thor(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2009
silenttalk:

Maggi, Knorr, Royco, A-one, all have the same ingredient in common. MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE. It is a salt created by Sodium and the Glutamic acid (An amino acid).

SALT = ACID + BASE

How can you compare a stock cube with a truck tyre?
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Beaf: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
silenttalk:

SALT = ACID + BASE

Maggi has at least 8 ingredents.  Monosodiunglutamate is just one.
Coming back to tyres. . . So now I can say my car is a form of tyre, beause it has tyres? Damn!
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 1:35pm On Aug 03, 2009
Thor:

How can you compare a stock cube with a truck tyre? 
He just tried to clarify issues for the ignorant folks who refuse to learn. . . .it's got nothing to do with the roasting of goat meat with tyres. Clear?
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by silenttalk: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2009
there's no comparison here. its just clarification, so we can focus on the main issue.

The reality is that this topic is interwoven with many cooking practices which we engage in, but may not know the exact chemistry behind it.

By explaining the chemical basis  of these actions, we can understand why people do it and seek alternative/healthier ways to achieve the same goal.

Apologies for the generalization of the maggi thingy. I guess it will be rightly put, MAGGI is composed of several salts.
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
Beaf:

Maggi has at least 8 ingredents.  Monosodiunglutamate is just one.
Coming back to tyres. . . So now I can say my car is a form of tyre, beause it has tyres? Damn!
Sometimes you make the most stupid of analogies and i can't help but feel sorry for you.

What percentage component of maggi is salt and what percentage of a car is tyre?

A sensible analogy would be your car is a metal object coz it contains predominatly metal as well as other smaller non-metallic components.
Damn!
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Afam(m): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudór:

Dude thanks.
It's not my fault that they all assumed inorganic acid or battery acid when i said "acid".

If they paid any attention in high school we wouldn't be arguing here today.

Soon they'll claim i'm the same person as silenttalk .

Na wah oo, even before being exposed you are already panicking.

silenttalk of course registered on this forum today at 12.39pm

Name: silenttalk
Position: Active Poster
Date Registered: Today at 12:39:34 PM
Last Active: Today at 01:45:50 PM

And all his posts (just 4 of them) are posts trying to clarify your own blunders. Nice try there.

Using multiple usernames on this forum will be the seasoning on top of your numerous blunders and failed arguments on virtually every single thread you got yourself involved in.
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2009
Afam:

And all his posts (just 4 of them) are posts trying to clarify your own blunders. Nice try there.

Using multiple usernames on this forum will be the seasoning on top of your numerous blunders and failed arguments on virtually every single thread you got yourself involved in.
*clap* *clap*

I was wondering when you'd come in and begin  spewing senselessness
. . .and as usual you didn't disappoint!

Not everyone is as shameless and petty as you who tried to impersonate a zimbabwean when we were discussing mugabe. . . .soon you'll impersonate Ahmadinajad, heh?
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by blacksta(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2009
Afam:

I suspected as well - I can conclude that

tudor = slienttalk
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Beaf: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudór:

Sometimes you make the most stupid of analogies and i can't help but feel sorry for you.

What percentage component of maggi is salt and what percentage of a car is tyre?

A sensible analogy would be your car is a metal object coz it contains predominatly metal as well as other smaller non-metallic components.
Damn!

Ok. So is maggi still a form of salt cos foolishness like this caused Boko Haram?

See goat wen dem cook wit maggi salt! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by silenttalk: 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2009
Bros Afam,
I am not directly/remotely connected/affiliated to Tudor. Simply could not help watching such an important topic drift away.

Summarily, the topic brought up 2 subtopics which all center on cooking styles/habits

1. Use of Acid in cooking
2. Maggi issue

Both cases all involved explanation on the basis. By doing so, we realise that we can actually broaden our culinary arsenal when we utilize simple marinating ingredients (vinegar, pineapple, pawpaw).

Without explanation, we may well go on accusing the Mallam of doing some really eeeeeewwww stuff, whereas he is actually exhibiting world-class cooking skills.

Maggi and salt issue,  chemistry,  We  need explanation so people know that common salt is just one of different salts.
Maggi has monosodium glutamate as main ingredient, also has sodium chloride (Common salt), plus other salts and additives.
Ajinomoto is pure monosodium glutamate

Back to the main issue of Tires for roasting goats.

"Audi alteram partem",  Listen to the other side.

It would be nice to hear what the guys doing this tyre thing have to say as their reason. But I want to guess that underlying it, is a genuine/sincere creative reason that is faulted by ignorance of health implications.

Take the case of the women boiling corn that burn plastic with the firewood. In one of the ladies words " when i add the plastic to the fire,,, e go dey boom"
So, she added it because she wanted to get the firewood burning quickly and boil that corn fast, so customers dont wait for long (Sincere reason).
However, her kids are by that fire, she is there also. The plastic releases Benzene and other toxins into the air, she breathes it, they breathe it. Couple of days later she gets bronchitis, spends enough cash for treatment and gets well. Child grows up, in coming years, has fertility issues.

We wont know that it was the burning plastic and all that that caused those problems.
In the end, the money they saved by quickly burning the goat with tyres will end up been spent treating themselves for respiratory diseases as well as other ailments. Not talking of the guys who ended up eating the solid isi-eewu and lemming that nice pepper-soup.

These stuff can be avoided if we are able to explain to them, that the same FIRE--BOOMING effect they get from these tyres/plastic can be achieved by other means.

Also, if it is the hair that needs to be removed from the goat, then are there no alternative ways of doing that without having to go through these health stuff?

In the end, we will see that those alternative means may end up giving us new cooking styles, / new tastes that we may not have experienced before.
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Beaf: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudor: I'm sure you're not blind.
I stated maggi is a form of salt. Shine your eyes.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Beaf: 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudor: It figures!
During ramadan celebrations these muslims roast goat meat with both tyres, fire wood and acid. . . .no wonder they start demonstrating craze forming Boko haram and co.

silenttalk=tudor now want to form brand new stories about vinegar sha.

Does vinegar roast? Damn!

Its quite clear he meant something combustible, not vinegar

Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2009
Beaf:

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Are you five years old?
Go play here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-33.0.html
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Thor(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudór:

Are you five years old?
Go play here

That is a bit unfair to five year old's grin grin grin
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Beaf: 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tudór:

Are you five years old?
Go play here

Even my 5 year old knows that you don't use acid to roast meat.

These Boko Harams go kill person o!

Damn! Damn! Damn!

This one was roasted with acid (see the nose).

Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by oge4real(f): 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Goat Roasted With Tyres Can Cause Madness - Expert by Tudor6(f): 2:45pm On Aug 03, 2009
Thor:

That is a bit unfair to five year old's  grin grin grin
I'm sorry, the guy is even worse than a 5year old. . .any help for him in kensington?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Retain Subsidy And Perish- Sanusi / Ngige: Lagos-Calabar Rail Was A Big Omission / Anambra/enugu Meet Over Boundary Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.