Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) (60769 Views)

Jamb Registration Turns Bloody In Makurdi As 1 Person Said To Be Shot By Police / A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) / SUG Election At Federal Polytechnic Offa Turns Bloody, Many Students Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
Beeman1:
common" plane" u no fit spell and u are here blaming Buhari. Na Buhari ask una VC to increase the fee? Mtcheww.

Bros you harsh o
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by itoski(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
bukkielee:
Everything is weird about people from the south south region of Nigeria. Violence, destruction, evil, hatred and all other forms of negative lifestyle. They can't even conduct peaceful elections. It was in this same state four young boys were murdered unfairly and no proper justice prevailed. I shake my head for Una ooooo followers of Nyesom Wike(ed)
Kids shouldn't be allow to be using phone if they fail to be educated#Trump!

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by wristbangle: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
[s]I feel like strangling Buhari right now

I hope when he travels his plan should crash into pieces.[/s]

U no get shame
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Igholize(m): 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
manneger2:
their parents must have given dem the school fee but they use it to buy latest phone....
.... U see how naïve u re, do u tink all fingers re equal ? Som parent doesn't even have 2 feed 3 square meal in a day talkin of affordin school fees 4 dier children, som student u see on campus re nt being trained by parents... dey re hustling while schooling 2 train dem selves. So stop talkin silly on a serious issue...

2 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by lordthree(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
MrMcJay:

No comments!!!
You are wicked grin grin
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Mexyz(m): 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:
Why risk your life because of 45k which am sure they can afford? Why must you wait till the dying minute to pay ur school fees? We are the cause of our problem.
Guy just keep shut OK,.....can you pick the 45k from the street? or you think 45k is #1000? Not really in support of the violent protest though.

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by abdulhadie(m): 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
..so u dont want to pay school fees but u wnt to go to the school, okay them gree una go school for free,..... now pay school fees before u write exams, una say una most write exams for free again. hmmm... okay oh............... if them leave una now una fit graduate ma without paying school fees. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by ify84(m): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:
Why risk your life because of 45k which am sure they can afford? Why must you wait till the dying minute to pay ur school fees? We are the cause of our problem.

I am sorry, but you are very Stupid..

2 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Why will d Police who are to ensure peace start shooting sporadically @ students? It seems to me insanity of its highest order. or perharps they were drunk.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Pearlvictory(m): 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
loool. you guys are just funny. almost a full semester was given to u guys to pay up and yet you haven't? before you start bashing me without thinking, listen! In university of uyo where i recently graduated from, we were given just 2weeks to pay up after resumption, then 2 extra weeks to pay with fine. if u refuse, you have to suspend studies, else it's taken you've withdrawn voluntarily (of course you cannot register your courses here without payment, everything is online, payment plus course registration). this is no joke! the day we tried that protest stuff (June 12 as it's fondly called here), school shut down indefinitely for about 6months and when we returned, we were compelled to pay 10k each for damages, signed a probation form and still payed school fees at another stipulated time. After then, everyone behaved. It was painful, but we still complied within the 2+2weeks, yet you guys are doing this after given more than 3months to pay? FYI you guys' school fees is way lesser compared to what we payed here (it's gone up even more now) but then we still payed.. VIOLENCE CAN NEVER SOLVE PROBLEMS, DIALOGUE HAS AND ALWAYS WILL. we knew that after we lost 2 students to police gun shots during the protest.

10 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
I blame the school for all this nonsense. the policy of payment of school fees before course registration would have averted all this problems. the police should have fired tear gas or blank bullets or even rubber bullets sef than to take the life of this student. pheww this sad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by bukkielee(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
itoski:

Guess you are 80 years old preparing to die. Sorry in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by OTEGA1: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
hemartins:
Hmmmm.

Those days in Uniben, guys would be calling for protest like "make we dey go"
And I would be on my bed replying
"On make una dey go, I dey come"

I never risk any protest be it peaceful or chaotic.

I enjoyed d protest in uniben dose days it was fun and a way or reducing tension after so much jacking. We won.in d short term as we had a feeling that we brought the mgt to her kneels.

However, the school always won in d long term and we finally paid d fees with court affidavit promising to be law-abiding students and paying for 10 times what was damaged.

After some times as we approached finally year everything on our mind was just to graduate. We were not ready to join any action to truncate our graduation.it was a race against time.

Aluta continua Victoria aceta.
Singhabele

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by mevisbleek: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
itoski:

Please, work on your grammar. could you please rephrase the sentence?

Did you take composition in secondary school? Undergrad students making all sorts of grammatical blunder on this platform. I'm mad at our generation.

2 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by hemartins(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
OTEGA1:

I enjoyed d protest in uniben dose days it was fun and a way or reducing tension after so much jacking. We won.in d short term as we had a feeling that we brought the mgt to her kneels.

However, the school always won in d long term and we finally paid d fees with court affidavit promising to be law-abiding students and paying for 10 times what was damaged.

After some times as we approached finally year everything on our mind was just to graduate. We were not ready to join any action to truncate our graduation.it was a race against time.

Aluta continua Victoria aceta.
Singhabele

Greatest Uniben

Wish you success in life bro
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Eddee(m): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
MrMcJay:

No comments!!!
You really took the air out of his guts by highlighting his grammatical blunders
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Rutycool(f): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
2sydoflyf:
After all the gragra, dem go still pay the school fees,stay house and extra money for damages.
God bless u dear I pray many will think the way u do.

2 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Beeman1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
dason4life:

Bros you harsh o grin grin grin grin grin
Na true talk na.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by MadCow1: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mopolchi:
How much you pay get your own education? I smell lies.

grin

Why should I lie to you?

grin grin

If I tell you the truth you go beat me? grin grin
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by MadCow1: 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
mevisbleek:

Please, work on your grammar. could you please rephrase the sentence?

Did you take composition in secondary school? Undergrad students making all sorts of grammatical blunder on this platform. I'm mad at our generation.

You never hala... grin grin grin grin

And in these so called Universities Communications Skills 1 and 2 are first year courses.. grin

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Ujunk: 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Am very disappointed at most comments l have read. Is it right for police to shoot unarmed persons. Since when has it become wrong for people to demonstrate and air their opinion. Are we no longer in Democratic government. In situation of things in Nigeria now most people eat 0-1-0.Even if d school increases d fees,why must they make payment criteria for writing exams when students can still do clearance before collecting their result. Our government has failed us,if police can shoot unarmed students that means we are no more in Democratic government rather we are in military regime were public opinion is prohibited. Students have d right to protest and police has no right to shoot rather they are control them.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by ShegsDayo(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
I see Nigerians as our own enemies. Imagine a student waits till exam period before paying fees (not even paying; but protesting the compulsion of it).
45k and you have 12wks before exams to source for it. The truth is those who sincerely dont have may not join the protest it is the ones that have cornered theirs that will protest. Even if its true all the students protesting cant afford it why not channel your protest energy into something useful that can help the situation.
We lack planning and foresight and value misplaced priorities: some of the students may be using a phone worth 50k which they bought when they could have used to pay their fees; yet will protest that they dont have money to pay fees.
I blame the school for having such a relaxed payment system where a student could complete a session without paying fees (even western societies, that have quality, dont try it: they have a deadline for fee payments). For hiring policemen also they are to blame (but cultist activities prevalent in the area may have informed the decision)
The police should be brought to book for firing shots at students.

In BUK (Bayero Uni Kano: a federal school), you have deadline to registration; receiving lectures without registering is a waste of time cos school doesn't recognise you.

2 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by afamjb: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
dason4life:

Abegi next time be sure of wat ur saying biko...unizik students pay only #20,100.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Abdulazeez70: 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=dason4life post=44611860]

The school fees of UNN & UNIZIK is close to 45k.
It is only in the East that Federal University pay high fee.

We in mautech pay only 22k yola
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by ifysexy19(f): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
peter the management science faculty president is gone.chaiiiiiii rest in peace peter and may your soul rest in peace Amen
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by 2ts: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
The last time i checked the students paid for everything that was destroyed.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by chrismex(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:

Always remember you are strong and no man can stop you from reaching where you want to even it have your will is your will obstacles will surely come but your will is yours i believe in you love you
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by GeneralTopic: 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
PORT HARCOURT
MEMORANDUM

Ref: UPH/REG/189

Date: 11th April, 2016To: All Students
(Undergraduate and Graduate Students)

CLOSURE OF THE UNIVERSITY
The University Senate at its 418th Meeting (Emergency) held on Monday, 11th April, 2016, deliberated extensively on the violent demonstration by the students and the resultant disruption of the First Semester Examinations of the 2015/2016 Session.
Senate therefore resolved to close down the University with immediate effect. To this end, all students are to vacate the University campus immediately. No student is expected to be found in the University premises beyond 6.00pm today, Monday, 11th April, 2016.

Thank you.

Mrs. Dorcas D. Otto.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
R.I.P. To them cry

cry naija police sha
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by martineverest(m): 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
joshuaidibia:
Uniport is backward. Ordinary Delsu wey be state uni,students can only reg their course after sch fees has been paid. If u no reg courses,then no answer sheet for u,and your name will not be in attendance sheet.
but that's wickedness na.... In uniben that year,na till final clearance e go affect u

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by macaranta(m): 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Why will they open fire on unarmed students

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Knowledge That Might Save Your Life One Day / ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books / Chigozie Ekenze, IMSU Best Student Gets N13.7M Scholarship From Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.