Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) (60703 Views)

Jamb Registration Turns Bloody In Makurdi As 1 Person Said To Be Shot By Police / A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) / SUG Election At Federal Polytechnic Offa Turns Bloody, Many Students Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by willorie(f): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
I feel like strangling Buhari right now

I hope when he travels his plane should crash into pieces.

Seriously?
Wat has Buhari got to do with the institution VC's decision to stop those dat r yet to pay their fees from writing exams & the students reacting by protesting violently?

We really have to grow up & stop being sentimental.....instead FOCUS!

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Ghost447(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
This administration is evil. May God wipe out all of them from Nigeria.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by joshuamoses101(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
Silvofitz:
Is the OP also an undergraduate in UNIPORT?
The grammatical expression is too bad ooo.
typed with a nokia 110 amidst the crisis "understand"

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by mousco(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
Buhari is d cause of all dis
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Esso95(m): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
dason4life:

The school fees of UNN & UNIZIK is close to 45k.
It is only in the East that Federal University pay high fee.

Some Idiots will blame Buhari for that soon
. Close to 45k or more than 45k?
I paid 63k for my first year at the faculty of Law, UNN!
Greed at the South and East is at a geometric level.

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by messidee(f): 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
chrisxxx:

The op message is past without which no matter how poor you would not be informed.
Dies!!!
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by MrMcJay(m): 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

@signature

Are you a member of DLCM

Yes, I am.

And the people said...
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by BerryScott(f): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
dason4life:

The school fees of UNN & UNIZIK is close to 45k.
It is only in the East that Federal University pay high fee.

Some Idiots will blame Buhari for that soon

pls make accurate enquiries b4 u say certain things. unizik pay twenty thousand, hundred naira only.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
IYANGBALI:
Op pls work on your grammar and spellings or leave school and go to farm
sharap Who you EPP
You fink you can speak better dan him ryt
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by bettercreature(m): 8:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mprepz:
buhari!!!

it will never be well with that düllard
The hatred for the president is killing you guys
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by martineverest(m): 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
joshuaidibia:
what if the person drop out? Den the sch lost. Bkos these days govt no dey support schs.
lost ke?.. Those illegal money wey Dem Dey collect Neva do Dem?

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
TastyTuoyo:
I feel like strangling Buhari right now

I hope when he travels his plane should crash into pieces.
What has school fees increment got to do with Buhari? Was he the one that hike it?

2 Likes

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by pinkpearl17(f): 8:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jesus wept!!! The grammatical blunders made by undergraduates here is so appalling.
Anyway I don't think it is the fault of the university. Basic education(Primary and Secondary) is where a student is taught on how to read and write correctly.
The school has been closed indefinitely to the detriment of the students. I dont think violence is the answer. And I also don't believe the number of students involved in the protest did not have the fees to pay. Maybe a number of them but not all.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by itzdeejay: 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
panpadre:
y is it student that will always die... shey there no go kill police...

I swear my padi....them for kill police oh....e no make sense....na bcoz them no go school?
Who gave the order for a police to fire an unarmed civilian?
That's what u get in a situation where untrained and illiterates are used as the legislatives.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by pwettiejay(f): 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
2sydoflyf:
After all the gragra, dem go still pay the school fees,stay house and extra money for damages.
. Very true, even if they protest for a year, they'l still pay and it only makes the semester longer........if the poor guy had known, he would have stayed at home o

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by itzdeejay: 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
pinkpearl17:
Jesus wept!!! The grammatical blunders made by undergraduates here is so appalling.
Anyway I don't think it is the fault of the university. Basic education(Primary and Secondary) is where a student is taught on how to read and write correctly.
The school has been closed indefinitely to the detriment of the students. I dont think violence is the answer. And I also don't believe the number of students involved in the protest did not have the fees to pay. Maybe a number of them but not all.

Sharrrap....who u EPP with ur grammer?

We dey talk say person die....u come to talk of grammatic blunders.....gerrraaahia menh!!!
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Krismart(m): 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
I remember paying 7.5k as schl fees in Uniben DAT year. Uniben still d best
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by timilinda(f): 9:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:
Why risk your life because of 45k which am sure they can afford? Why must you wait till the dying minute to pay ur school fees? We are the cause of our problem.

Na was for u ooo! Its like things have always been very rosy for u, I guess u were born with a silver spoon!
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by mevisbleek: 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

Lol...Am not here to trade words with you

The deceased was a close pal to me
mind you am not a student of uniport
Every man his entitled to hold his or her opinion.

Plane or Plain it was a typographical mistake. No man is above error

Typo error accepted. Please, work on your use of punctuation marks. It's hard to comprehend your statement without them.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Kayceewyte(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
manneger2:
their parents must have given dem the school fee but they use it to buy latest phone....
... And play bet9ja grin
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by pinkpearl17(f): 9:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
D
itzdeejay:

Sharrrap....who u EPP with ur grammer?

We dey talk say person die....u come to talk of grammatic blunders.....gerrraaahia menh!!!
I wont banter words with you. RIP to the dead. Most of you are blaming the school, dont you know students use protest as a means to loot the school? Or you dont know some students are criminal minded? How can you tell me the number of students involved in the protest did not have money to pay fees? It Is everywhere in the world. I can understand some students could not raise the money but it is no excuse for the protest. It happens in most schools. How can you sit for examination without paying fees and you want to blame the school for refraining you for sitting for the exam? Please, the school is not a charity center. They would have pleaded with the V.C not protest. So I dont empathize with them. I am not a fan of violence.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by coolestca(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
45k and 3 lives gone which is more important?
Meanwhile in situations like this those wey Nevada read go dey happy say everything Don scatter.
And at last this might not make any changes in the said cause for the bloody protest.
And what happened to the Anri-riot department of the Nigeria police (if we have one)?
Oluwa Saanu
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Laid2001: 9:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
If this is the quality of undergraduate in Uniport, I am sorry for our dear nation.
What sort of grammar is all these?

joshuamoses101:
Today being the 11th of april was suppose to be the beginning of our examination,but it was met by what seemed at 1st to be a peaceful protest.the protest was caused by the fact that the v.c of the uni(prof udowa lale)refused to let anyone who hasnt paid his or her sch fee to partake in the examination,meaning u get the whole section carry over(dispite the current economy),while it was 1st peaceful with the police around,it later turned bloody when the police opened fire on us...3 already accounted shut dead others wounded..photos of the protest nd 1 dead attarched.,
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Genea(f): 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
Comments like urs, makes wonder y some pregnancies werent flushed out
shaddoww:
Something similar just happened in Adekunle Ajasin University, and it was reported dat those involved were mainly 100 level students who are over excited to take part in Aluta protest, so it might b a similar case here, I think the school should investigate this n serve those found guilty the highest punishment possible n assess the level of damage done n let them know wat to pay as damages before resuming back to school to serve as a warning to those who would want to repeat something of such in the future. Going forward, the school should make sure paying school fees is wat u can use to gain access to d school portal to do ur course registration n shouldn't have a time limit probably 2weeks from resumption then a week for late registration. We cannot continue to breed touts, they are expected to go to school to develop n grow in knowledge n in character but see wat they are doin.

1 Like

Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by bukatyne(f): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2016
RIP to the deceased. angry

When you saw the protest was bloody, you should have backed off.

See, your parents, family & society has lost you and life still continues.

God console his parents. cry

Why should the Police shoot at the students with live bullets? Were they armed?

Which way Nigeria?
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
sheunsheun:
Wats up wit all dis protests nau? 1st it was Unilag, den AAUA now its Uniport. Lets see who's nxt. #protest era
Guess, who is next? Kogi state University, Strike to start from 13th april, 2016 if salaries are not paid for the 4 months they are owing dem
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by berniceunice: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
darkenkach:
Why risk your life because of 45k which am sure they can afford? Why must you wait till the dying minute to pay ur school fees? We are the cause of our problem.
DAN UBANKA!!!!!!!!
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by nnamdismart: 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=akreest post=44612359][/quote]Mr perfect,we have seen you na! so can we rest?
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by Beeman1(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

Lol...Am not here to trade words with you

The deceased was a close pal to me
mind you am not a student of uniport
Every man his entitled to hold his or her opinion.

Plane or Plain it was a typographical mistake. No man is above error
Answer my question,na Buhari ask d boy to be killed D way some of u think sometimes really baffles me,all in d name of hatred for dis man. Na una sabi o cause d man will be your president for a long time.
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by sheunsheun(m): 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
KIKO720:
Guess, who is next? Kogi state University, Strike to start from 13th april, 2016 if salaries are not paid for the 4 months they are owing dem
Haaa, wetin dey apn nau
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by MissBN(f): 10:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
dason4life:

How much did year one student paid?
Acceptance Fee - #16500
Biometric Capturer - #7500

Without School fee!!!

Prove it wrong if am lying
I really dont have the time to argue with you on my own school, all i'll advice is for you to get your facts right before spewing thrash...
BTW am yet to hear of a federal school in Nigeria that doesn't pay acceptance fee...

It is a well known fact in all schools that year1's pay higher fees, its not just with eastern schools as you're trying to paint it. Besides Unizik school fees is #20100 which it's way cheaper than your BUK down North.

Beware, zikites are watching you....
Re: Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
martineverest:
lost ke?.. Those illegal money wey Dem Dey collect Neva do Dem?
lol. My Aluta don't do illegal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Former US Teacher Of The Year Arrested For Having Sex With 17-Year-Old Student / If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar / ASUU Strike: Dr Abubakar Othman (UNIMAID Lecturer) Sells His Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.